Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,200 members, 7,845,959 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Should I Marry Him? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Marry Him? (1060 Views)

Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? / LADIES! What Job Or Profession Of A Man Can Make You Not Date Or Marry Him?? / What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Marry Him? by chicah(f): 11:53am On Dec 04, 2009
i met this guy early this year, we became friends and soon we started dating. hes a very nice loving person and now wants to marry me.
the problem i have with him is that
1. he insists that he wants to know every bit of what happened between me and the guys i dated in the past and why we broke up, claiming that its going to help him get to know me better. for me i don't think the past has anything to do with the future. but he thinks otherwise saying that someones past determines the persons present and the future. tho i don't have a bad past.
2. he insists that i cut off with all my friends that are guys, those that still keep in touch, even those that has been friends with me for ages.
3. he thinks that i had something or still having something with my in law's brother just because he said the day he came visiting to my sisters house (cos that's where the guy stays) he noticed the tension between the two of us and that the guy dint greet him well and wasn't communicating freely probably cos he was jealous, i try to make him understand that we re just close like a family but he dint believe saying that i still hide so many things from him, cos of that he said he doesn't trust me 100%.
now he said i Shouldn't sleep over at my sisters house whenever i visit them.
then finally, he always creeps up on me, whenever i tell him am somewhere, he'll leave his office and come there just to ascertain whether what i told him was true or not. i think he has trust issues.
pls should i accept and marry some that thinks am not being truthful and dosnt trust me 100% despite his other good qualities? can this his attitude afffect the marriage in anyway? pls i don't want to make a mistake, your advice is greatly welcomed.
Re: Should I Marry Him? by Macgreat(m): 12:00pm On Dec 04, 2009
No body trust anyone. . . we just act like we do.
Re: Should I Marry Him? by Godmother(f): 12:08pm On Dec 04, 2009
But this guys case is in the extreme and might cause problems later on.
Re: Should I Marry Him? by r231(m): 12:14pm On Dec 04, 2009
Godmother:

But this guys case is in the extreme and might cause problems later on.

true

but then if you don't have nothing to hide den no problem
Re: Should I Marry Him? by zmurda(m): 12:19pm On Dec 04, 2009
Macgreat:

No body trust anyone. . . we just act like we do.

word mehn!! grin

trust can grow, i hope?
Re: Should I Marry Him? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Dec 04, 2009
Women too get wahala,
if you av been dating him and he's not talkin about marriage, u'd complain
if he's not caring, u'd complain,
now he wants to marry u, u'd complain
he checks u up, u'd complain,
he leaves his office to see u, u'd complain.
he buys u cloth, u complain
he doesnt give u money, u'd complain,
the money he gives is too much, u'd complain,

look, my honest advice, don't marry him,
and stop whining here!
Re: Should I Marry Him? by frank317: 12:57pm On Dec 04, 2009
madambini:

Women too get wahala,
if you av been dating him and he's not talkin about marriage, u'd complain
if he's not caring, u'd complain,
now he wants to marry u, u'd complain
he checks u up, u'd complain,
he leaves his office to see u, u'd complain.
he buys u cloth, u complain
he doesnt give u money, u'd complain,
the money he gives is too much, u'd complain,

look, my honest advice, don't marry him,
and stop whining here!

ha, take am easy now. if this girl was ur sis will u ask her to marry such a pest?

@poster
relationship should be like another heaven on earth. me personally, i dont believe anybody in this worl is worth me scrificing my happiness.

i smell trouble with this guy. ur home will be ur prison. u dont need an insecured guy in ur life. he wants to dump his whole life problem on u! an accuse u of everything he did wrong in his life.
run for ur dear life!
dont marry him if u wnat to be happy
Re: Should I Marry Him? by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:59pm On Dec 04, 2009
The handwriting is on the wall. . . .looks to me like he's got trust issues and is over possessive. . .If you don't deal with it now. . .I bet you its gonna be a big issue in the future!
Re: Should I Marry Him? by LordReed(m): 1:10pm On Dec 04, 2009
~
Re: Should I Marry Him? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 04, 2009
madambini:

Women too get wahala,
if you av been dating him and he's not talkin about marriage,  u'd complain
if he's not caring,  u'd complain,
now he wants to marry u,  u'd complain
he checks u up,  u'd complain,
he leaves his office to see u,  u'd complain.
he buys u cloth,  u complain
he doesnt give u money,  u'd complain,
the money he gives is too much,  u'd complain,
look,  my honest advice,  don't marry him,  
and stop whining here!

Can you get the perfect person?
chic ah!:

i met this guy early this year, we became friends and soon we started dating. hes a very nice loving person and now wants to marry me.
the problem i have with him is that
1.  he insists that he wants to know every bit of what happened between me and the guys i dated in the past and why we broke up, claiming that its going to help him get to know me better. for me i don't think the past has anything to do with the future. but he thinks otherwise saying that someones past determines the persons present and the future. tho i don't have a bad past.
2. he insists that i cut off with all my friends that are guys, those that still keep in touch, even those that has been friends with me  for ages.
3. he thinks that i had something or still having something with my in law's brother just because he said  the day he came visiting to my sisters house (cos that's where the guy stays) he noticed the tension between the two of us and that the guy dint greet him well and wasn't communicating freely probably cos he was jealous, i try to make him understand that we re just close like a family but he dint believe saying that i still hide so many things from him, cos of that he said he doesn't trust me 100%.
now he said i Shouldn't sleep over at my sisters house whenever i visit them.
then finally, he always creeps up on me, whenever i tell him am somewhere, he'll leave his office and come there just to ascertain whether what i told him was true or not. i think he has trust issues.
pls should i accept and marry some that thinks am not being truthful and dosnt trust me 100% despite his other good qualities? can this his attitude afffect the marriage in anyway? pls i don't want to make a mistake,  your advice is greatly welcomed.
My sister is u love this guy which i believe u do cos u hv accepted his proposal to marry him,just call him tell  him ur mind that u dont like the way he shows face or police u abt.He is a man And he culd be jealous.He loves you and that is why he behaves like that.Since they say clear conscience fears no accusation,just be plain and do the right thing.If u can tell him a bit of ur past ,tell him.Guys trust u more whn u tell them thgs they dont ask for cos they believe u can confide in them.If he is not comfortable with the guys around u,keeep away from the guys then.He sees more than u see cos he is the same sex with this guys.He may be seeing what u r not seeing.
To me he has not asked for much.You cant find the right partner in life but you try to be the right one.
Everyone telling you to leave him,will not do the ame if they were in ur shoes but wuld look for the way to please their guys.
Make him happy by doing what he wants and see what happens after.
Wishing you the best.
Re: Should I Marry Him? by meexteriox(m): 1:41pm On Dec 04, 2009
Examine your life, watch your step, keep your hands up and neat, believe me all other things would be added unto you.
Remember, ''other good qualities'', you atleast attest to.
Re: Should I Marry Him? by missagbaa(f): 1:42pm On Dec 04, 2009
hey baby girl,if u love him enuf 2 get married 2 him pls do.like u said he is a 9ce guy.  About ur past relationships,i sincerely hope u talk 2 him about it.Every girl have a past even if its as bad as d devil.I've seen people who get married 2 prostitutes.U might not get a better guy.nd i think he has gud intentions cos he wants to make it work where others have failed.but its up to u girlfriend,d choice is urs to make but if u ask me.if i am in ur shoes,i'll grab it.
Re: Should I Marry Him? by jolly87(f): 2:16pm On Dec 04, 2009
my dear the thing u have to do firstly is prayers, is he the right one for you nd secondly u have to tell him the things u dont like, cos marriage is the greatest decision in life. go gurl,
Re: Should I Marry Him? by smooooooth: 2:20pm On Dec 04, 2009
an over possesive, jealous, insecure dude is every woman's nightmare, but then, look around. who else is asking? u aint getting any younger, so u better grab him with both hands, cos it may be 20yrs b4 someone proposes, and who knows tha one too may just be like him. most guys are anyway undecided
Re: Should I Marry Him? by candyshore: 2:51pm On Dec 04, 2009
i dont think d reason u ve given is enough not to marry him except u dont love him enough. i believe if a guy doesnt display some jealousy then he doesnt really love. just make sure u dont do anythin bad , and communicate well with him ,u will be fine.
Re: Should I Marry Him? by ugonna245(m): 2:57pm On Dec 04, 2009
Give him the edited version and remember to leave out the SEX scenes cos na there yawa fit take gas you. And I want to ask you the million dollar question "WHAT ARE YOU STILL DOING WITH THAT LOSER?"
Re: Should I Marry Him? by Noigeeriaa: 2:59pm On Dec 04, 2009
OP, I'm emailing this thread to your bf. Don't worry he won't ask you to marry anymore
Re: Should I Marry Him? by chocomillo(f): 3:00pm On Dec 04, 2009
The guy really cares thats why he is monitoring your movement smiley
Re: Should I Marry Him? by Macgreat(m): 3:05pm On Dec 04, 2009
Hmmm. . . Okay
Re: Should I Marry Him? by skepra: 3:21pm On Dec 04, 2009
pls. baby marry him, because men are hot cake now, do mis this oppt.
Re: Should I Marry Him? by henryhemon(m): 4:04pm On Dec 04, 2009
My candid advice is that you probably has done what arouse his suspicion and my question why was the other dude treat him the way he did,that also arouses suspicion too,so IMAO that dude isn't 10% bad,he loves you and his into you,just let him satisfied his curiosity then talk to him.If thats the only problem he has then you don't have a problem with time he will get to trust you.
Re: Should I Marry Him? by chika98: 4:12pm On Dec 04, 2009
For asking a public forum this sort of question goes to show you know deep down that you shouldn't marry him. Marry at your own peril.
Re: Should I Marry Him? by kalu82: 5:10pm On Dec 04, 2009
my dear run for your life. besides is like u r not open to pple around you. whn u have such problem, u share it with ur sisters.

U need a space in dat relationship, it always happens whn the guy is older than the girl too much. so he will like to used dat on you and take advantage as well.

To me past is past but if he insisted on it. just tel him one story like dat simple.

be careful
Re: Should I Marry Him? by galatico(m): 5:18pm On Dec 04, 2009
The guy wants to sentence you to life imprisonment with hard labour run for you life dear !!!
Re: Should I Marry Him? by chicah(f): 11:23am On Dec 05, 2009
smiley thanks to you all for your candid advice i appreciate,
Re: Should I Marry Him? by chicah(f): 10:23am On Dec 07, 2009
lol
galatico:

The guy wants to sentence you to life imprisonment with hard labour run for you life dear !!!
shocked
Re: Should I Marry Him? by nevachange(f): 9:03pm On Dec 11, 2009
loook no matter wat willl tell you , you will still marry him, i will say, marrrry him
Re: Should I Marry Him? by bisoyeg(m): 10:28pm On Dec 11, 2009
As the saying goes there is no smoke without fire , for the guy to suspect you i guess you have indeed made him do so.Well to win his trust you need to earn it let him investigate as much has he wants as long as he doesnt find any loop holes then i think he will be satisfied, do your best to be a faithful and honest girl and see what happens
Re: Should I Marry Him? by ruskiee(m): 12:48am On Dec 12, 2009
Dude is insecure.
What would he tell you next- stop talking to your male co-workers?
Re: Should I Marry Him? by echobee(f): 8:17am On Dec 14, 2009
abi o.girl shine ur eyes well well.

(1) (Reply)

Sincerely Speaking. / She Left Her Fiancee because Of Me. But It Is 2 Late. / Why Do Women Try To Make Men Feel Quilty?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.