Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? (21234 Views)

Extreme Wife's Submission To Her Husband According To The New Covenant. / Mary Is The Ark Of The New Covenant / Grace Is Our Teacher, Not The Ten Commandments - Olamide Obire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:14am On Mar 30, 2017
blueAgent:

The problem with you is that you refuse to accept the fact that you didn't know the truth and you are not willignly to learn.

oya face ur topic, tell me my problem when u ready to open new thread.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by christemmbassey(m): 8:41pm On Apr 02, 2017
@OP Emphatically, YES. the law =bondage. and Christ's death set us free from the law. Rm8

2 Likes

Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 6:02am On Apr 06, 2017
christemmbassey:
@OP Emphatically, YES. the law =bondage. and Christ's death set us free from the law. Rm8

Ok. So please tell me the law james was referring to in James2:11

I guess you have not read
Romans 3:31
King James Bible
Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

New International Version
Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the Law.

Which law are we to be judged by or are we supposed to Uphold?
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by oaroloye(m): 2:16pm On Apr 06, 2017
SHALOM!

Talking about "TEN COMMANDMENTS," as if that were the whole Law of God by Moses, is a sign of mental inferiority.

When Yahshua was asked the greatest Commandment of The Law, neither of the two he quoted was part of The Ten Commandments.

There are SIX HUNDRED AND THIRTEEN Commandments in all.

THESE ARE THINGS WHICH GOD AGREES WITH- SO HOW CAN THEY POSSIBLY BE "ABOLISHED?"

How can God decide that He no longer respects people who keep HIS LAWS, STATUES, and JUDGMENTS?

But we know that ROMAN CATHOLIC UNDERCOVER AGENTS try to DIVIDE AND CONQUER Protestant Churches and Christians- who are the only ones affected by these Heretical Theories.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by orisa37: 3:18pm On Apr 06, 2017
No. The New is a Summary enough for The Wise. God's Wisdom and all Born Agains are Wisdom too.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by MuttleyLaff: 3:48pm On Apr 06, 2017
blueAgent:
Ok. So please tell me the law James was referring to in James 2:11
The laws explicitly commanded by Jesus Christ,
Unfortunately keeping the sabbath isnt any of the commands Jesus stated clearly and/or in detail,
leaving no room for confusion or doubt as He did with the other commands

blueAgent:
I guess you have not read
Romans 3:31
King James Bible
Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

New International Version
Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the Law.

Which law are we to be judged by or are we supposed to Uphold?
So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty
- James 2:12

SMH. You will be judged by the law of liberty and you are to uphold the law of liberty too.
I guess you have not read, speak and act as those who are going to be judged under the law of liberty (i.e. by the law that gives freedom)
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by OtemAtum: 10:05pm On Jun 06, 2017
xtivin:
The 10 commandment has not been abolished,its mode of administration changed from being written on physical objects to a law written in the heart of man. Before when it was written on stones (moses), sin multiplied. For instance since i know that if i commit a particular sin i know the animal to buy to atone for the sin, then i can continue to sin as long as i keep atoning for the sin. But God in his infinite mercy saw that this practice did not stop sin, infact in the old testament there are cases where a king commit a grievious offence and immediately he noticed God is angry with him he sacrifices plenty animal to appease God. the old convenant was not effective..But the new convenant of Grace, God knows man can not be perfect hence he allowed us to use the perfection of his son (Master Jesus) to come to his throne for mercy. Now the new convenant is written at the hearts of men and must bear fruit (Love,Mercy,Kindness, Joy,Meekness e.t.c) else its a waste. Unlike the old law which the pharisee use to commit greater sin. This new law is received via the holy spirit and the holy spirit enables us to observe the 10 commandments. Peace
if people sin because they can easily buy animals for sacrifice, is it not better than for fictitious Jesus to now die for the sins? Don't you think it will even make people commit sin 'easilier' since they can now simply acquire forgiveness from Yahweh by simply sayin a 1 minute prayer of confession and repentance.

IMO, I think Yahweh didn't reason well by sending fictitious jesus to die, because he has just made sin easier to commit.

1 Like

Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by xtivin(m): 10:12pm On Jun 06, 2017
OtemAtum:
if people sin because they can easily buy animals for sacrifice, is it not better than for fictitious Jesus to now die for the sins? Don't you think it will even make people commit sin 'easilier' since they can now simply acquire forgiveness from Yahweh by simply sayin a 1 minute prayer of confession and repentance.

IMO, I think Yahweh didn't reason well by sending fictitious jesus to die, because he has just made sin easier to commit.
God save your soul
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by OtemAtum: 10:35pm On Jun 06, 2017
xtivin:

God save your soul
God is peace and no soul(energy)can be lost, but can only be changed from one form to another.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by xtivin(m): 10:40pm On Jun 06, 2017
OtemAtum:
God is peace and no soul(energy)can be lost, but can only be changed from one form to another.
This is vain philosophy, that's what you get when you start thinking you know all. That was how satan started. I pray for you today, because I serve a living God, may the truth locate you wherever you are in Jesus Name. Amen
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by OtemAtum: 10:47pm On Jun 06, 2017
xtivin:

This is vain philosophy, that's what you get when you start thinking you know all. That was how satan started. I pray for you today, because I serve a living God, may the truth locate you wherever you are in Jesus Name. Amen
May the Light of God Almighty who created Yahweh, Allah, Vishnu, Mazda, Atum and other small gods locate your brain and rewrite its codes in Otem's name I pray. Ase!
My friend, what you know is like you haven't started yet. The light of God Almighty the Highest consciousness will gradually locate you, that I'm sure of.

2 Likes

Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Mujtahida: 9:02am On Oct 04, 2017
blueAgent:

Perfect answer Bro. People are confused, if the law was abolished then how do we define Sin or identify Sin?
In other words sin doesn't exist apart from the law so much so that from the long span of years between Adam and Moses sin did not exist in the world including Adam's gaffe in the garden.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Mujtahida: 9:10am On Oct 04, 2017
analice107:

Someone stole Goshen's moniker.
You are a very crafty and manipulate person. Instead of you to answer him you brought in a red herring by trying to claim the owner of that moniker was impersonating. Very dishonest, very devious. Why don't you deal with how he pointed out that Joseph ran away from Potipher's wife even before the ten commandment was written?
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by analice107: 9:45am On Oct 04, 2017
Mujtahida:

You are a very crafty and manipulate person. Instead of you to answer him you brought in a red herring by trying to claim the owner of that moniker was impersonating. Very dishonest, very devious. Why don't you deal with how he pointed out that Joseph ran away from Potipher's wife even before the ten commandment was written?
Hahahahahahahhahahaha. Oboy, see anger over someone else's matter. Oga calm down before you implode abeg.

You actually think i will respond to you after all this tirades?

Get lost.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Mujtahida: 9:48am On Oct 04, 2017
analice107:

Hahahahahahahhahahaha. Oboy, see anger over someone else's matter. Oga calm down before you implode abeg.

You actually think i will respond to you after all this tirades?

Get lost.
If you are not dull you will realise just responded.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 2:46pm On Oct 06, 2017
Mujtahida:

In other words sin doesn't exist apart from the law so much so that from the long span of years between Adam and Moses sin did not exist in the world including Adam's gaffe in the garden.

Of course the law has been in existence before God gave it to Moses.

www.thebible-tencommandments.com/gods-law-before-sinai.html
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Ochiawutonnanna(m): 11:47pm On Sep 18, 2018
God said he will make a new covenant which has nothing to do with the commandments, the new covenant was is to unite israel and judah and bring them back from slavery they are scattered all over the world, from west africa to all over the world trans american slavery was judah. i know you don't this.
Jeremiah 31:31 behold the day will come when i will make a new covenant with the house of israel and with the house of judah.

you can read down and see it all.
but when babylon took judah in captive then God delivered them then then, greeks came, took them again, then jesus delivered them, and send paul the apostle to the help recover the the lost tribes which are called gentiles and heathen because they took the way of the gentiles called uncircumcised, while peter was to preach to the circumcised you can read all that in the book of romans. well roman catholic church took all that part of the bible.
only to tell you that Jesus died for everyone but that book that was taken out says otherwise. if you need me to show you everything i said with scriptures backing i will do that.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by itunuoluwa4490: 12:21am On Sep 19, 2018
_Why don't we study it together? Where are your proofs that the Ten Commandment is no longer binding_

36 Likes

Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Ochiawutonnanna(m): 3:40pm On Sep 21, 2018
OtemAtum:

You really don’t know why Christ came, it was not for the law of sacrifice, Christ came to save his people and give them repentance, they just came off slavery from the Greeks n Rome took over, they suffered a lot in the hands of Greeks.
In Greek captivity which is in the book of apocryphal pope took that out of the Bible. You are not allowed to be say your Jew or you will be put death. So generations past now God wanna recover them back and they have became gentiles in flesh.

“But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭15:24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Mat 10;5-11
“These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israelnd as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give. Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses, Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat. And into whatsoever city or town ye shall enter, enquire who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go thence.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭10:5-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree. Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭5:30-31‬ ‭KJV‬‬

That’s your answer why Christ came he did not come to die for the whole world
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Ochiawutonnanna(m): 3:51pm On Sep 21, 2018
OtemAtum:

You really don’t know why Christ came, it was not for the law of sacrifice, Christ came to save his people and give them repentance, they just came off slavery from the Greeks n Rome took over, they suffered a lot in the hands of Greeks.
In Greek captivity which is in the book of apocryphal pope took that out of the Bible. You are not allowed to be say your Jew or you will be put death. So generations past now God wanna recover them back and they have became gentiles in flesh.

“But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Mat 10;5-11
“These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israelnd as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give. Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses, Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat. And into whatsoever city or town ye shall enter, enquire who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go thence.”
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by sonmvayina(m): 10:01pm On Sep 21, 2018
Ochiawutonnanna:

Mat 10;5-11

“The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree. Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭5:30-31‬ ‭KJV‬‬

That’s your answer why Christ came he did not know what come to die for the whole world

The prophet already gave them a way to repentance... Just confess and forsake your sins and God will forgive and remember your sin no more.. Ezekiel 34 - 37,Isaiah 1,Hosea.. Etc, so jesus is just useless in that regard...

The new convenant God wanted to establish with the jews was a convenant of everlasting peace.. Isaiah 2 :men will hammer their sword into ploughshares and learn of war no more, kingdom will not rise against kingdom and nation will not rise against nation.. Lion and goat will feed together... It has not happened, and the messiah will usher that era...

So according to the jews, the messiah has not come and he is coming once to rule in a peaceful world NO SECOND COMING ARRANGEMENTS..
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by sonmvayina(m): 10:03pm On Sep 21, 2018
Ochiawutonnanna:

Mat 10;5-11

Jesus is just a fabricated fictional character invented by Rome to control large population.. And deceive gullible people and make mockery of God.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Ochiawutonnanna(m): 4:30am On Sep 22, 2018
sonmvayina:

Jesus is just a fabricated fictional character invented by Rome to control large population.. And deceive gullible people and make mockery of God.
So if your right, which you maybe, where did you get that information from, and what study did you do to arrive to this point, did you go to Egypt dig up few mummy and did test and came up with you idea, did you write a book? I love to get a copy.

Is very easy for me to think like you, but the reason why I would not is. Eg let me think like you for a second cause am very open minded, am not a Christian I just study the Bible. I will show you why I think the way that I do. Hitler knew who the real Jews are and they were blacks and the left the holy land to west Africa, Cronkite interviewed Sadat president of Egypt and he said Jews are black. In 1948 he ask the claimed whites that said they are Jewish that how can they leave the land as black and came back as whites. Palestinians knows who their Neigbour’s were n they are blacks. So you sold blacks real Jews out of west Africa Nigeria n so on, the same way the Bible proves in the prophesy where to locate Jews so the slave master used the Bible to locate them.

Bible was translated from Hebrew and Greek not Roman and signed by king james a king of Scotland a black man. When Rome came to power they try to fumbles with Bible and out the book of apocrypha out of the Bible I have missing part of bible, but the truth was already out. Greeks and Hebrew it was a done deal. Every single thing I have said is on google and bible. The only thing Rome did was Roman Catholic Church their doctrine is all about paganism. Like easter , Christmas and Sunday worship. God said that they will not understand his doctrine even they try, he has a spirit of deep sleep on them. Listen to this Christ only came for Black people not for the white man, they are from Edomite God said hey are wicked and he will kill them.
Just look up on google who edomites are.
But am not trying to convert you cause I have nothing to convert you to. All I can do is share history with you, learn from you and share with you what I have, we are not Africans do you know that?. The reason why black people are in this position is they are so hard on their ways, and will never listen. Bible said those that don’t Beliive he will harden their hearts so the never believe. All God is looking for are just his elect it’s gonna be so so so few.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by sonmvayina(m): 11:42am On Sep 22, 2018
Ochiawutonnanna:

So if your right, which you maybe, where did you get that information from, and what study did you do to arrive to this point, did you go to Egypt dig up few mummy and did test and came up with you idea, did you write a book? I love to get a copy.

Is very easy for me to think like you, but the reason why I would not is. Eg let me think like you for a second cause am very open minded, am not a Christian I just study the Bible. I will show you why I think the way that I do. Hitler knew who the real Jews are and they were blacks and the left the holy land to west Africa, Cronkite interviewed Sadat president of Egypt and he said Jews are black. In 1948 he ask the claimed whites that said they are Jewish that how can they leave the land as black and came back as whites. Palestinians knows who their Neigbour’s were n they are blacks. So you sold blacks real Jews out of west Africa Nigeria n so on, the same way the Bible proves in the prophesy where to locate Jews so the slave master used the Bible to locate them.

Bible was translated from Hebrew and Greek not Roman and signed by king james a king of Scotland a black man. When Rome came to power they try to fumbles with Bible and out the book of apocrypha out of the Bible I have missing part of bible, but the truth was already out. Greeks and Hebrew it was a done deal. Every single thing I have said is on google and bible. The only thing Rome did was Roman Catholic Church their doctrine is all about paganism. Like easter , Christmas and Sunday worship. God said that they will not understand his doctrine even they try, he has a spirit of deep sleep on them. Listen to this Christ only came for Black people not for the white man, they are from Edomite God said hey are wicked and he will kill them.
Just look up on google who edomites are.
But am not trying to convert you cause I have nothing to convert you to. All I can do is share history with you, learn from you and share with you what I have, we are not Africans do you know that?. The reason why black people are in this position is they are so hard on their ways, and will never listen. Bible said those that don’t Beliive he will harden their hearts so the never believe. All God is looking for are just his elect it’s gonna be so so so few.

The bible is made up of 2 parts, the old testament and the new testament.. The old testament is Jewish belief and customs.. They call it the Tanakh and it contains some other books, which the Christians /removed and called it the old testament before adding their own books which they fabricated at the end of the Tanakh..
Christianity claims to have its roots in Judaism /Tanakh which is a fat lie as it contradicts it on multiple occasions...
The jews believes in the oneness of God (deuteronomy 6:4)..unlike the Christians that believe in a 3 in 1 God.... The jews have a unitary system of belief while Christianity is dualism.....
... I am looking at it from the beliefs point of view...
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Ochiawutonnanna(m): 8:32pm On Sep 22, 2018
sonmvayina:

The bible is made up of 2 parts, the old testament and the new testament.. The old testament is Jewish belief and customs.. They call it the Tanakh and it contains some other books, which the Christians /removed and called it the old testament before adding their own books which they fabricated at the end of the Tanakh..
Christianity claims to have its roots in Judaism /Tanakh which is a fat lie as it contradicts it on multiple occasions...
The jews believes in the oneness of God (deuteronomy 6:4)..unlike the Christians that believe in a 3 in 1 God.... The jews have a unitary system of belief while Christianity is dualism.....
... I am looking at it from the beliefs point of view...

Open the link and the complete bible
https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Bible-Books/1611-KJV-Original-Book-Names.php
Missing part

Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by sonmvayina(m): 9:03pm On Sep 22, 2018
Ochiawutonnanna:

Open the link and the complete bible
https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Bible-Books/1611-KJV-Original-Book-Names.php
Missing part

Which confirms my point... Thanks
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Ochiawutonnanna(m): 9:34pm On Sep 22, 2018
sonmvayina:

Which confirms my point... Thanks
You did not see the book of apocrypha
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by sonmvayina(m): 7:16am On Sep 23, 2018
Ochiawutonnanna:

You did not see the book of apocrypha

I have, I have them in my version...
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Ochiawutonnanna(m): 12:38pm On Sep 23, 2018
sonmvayina:

I have, I have them in my version...
Then why say only two part made up bible, is 3 — old T. NEW T, and apocrypha.
Complete bible KJV1611
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by sonmvayina(m): 2:39pm On Sep 23, 2018
Ochiawutonnanna:

Then why say only two part made up bible, is 3 — old T. NEW T, and apocrypha.
Complete bible KJV1611

The apocrypha is part of the old testament...

1 Like

Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Ochiawutonnanna(m): 2:40pm On Sep 24, 2018
sonmvayina:

The apocrypha is part of the old testament...
God bless you
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Ochiawutonnanna(m): 2:51pm On Sep 24, 2018
“Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.”
‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭12:13-14‬ ‭KJV‬‬[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
That is the wole duty of man.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye / Ancestral Religion Versus Imported Religions / See why fornications will completely warpe you off in no time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.