Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,502 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Where Do People Go To When They Die? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Do People Go To When They Die? (2106 Views)

Where do Atheists go when they die? / Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? / Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Do People Go To When They Die? by okeybenny: 1:13pm On Dec 04, 2009
I just got an information that a loved one has passed on to the great beyond. He is somebody that used to write some posts like this in one network we belonged together. A very nice guy. Very hard working, handsome and every good thing you can get in a man.
But the news says that he has gone forever from this planet earth. So my question is:WHERE DO PEOPLE GO TO WHEN THEY DIE? Has it ever bothered you? Don't you think that we should give thought about it now? Ok let me be more direct assuming you are that guy that has just passed on now, where will you go?
Please don't just dismiss this post I need an answer. See you later.

1 Like

Re: Where Do People Go To When They Die? by Desdo(m): 1:28pm On Dec 04, 2009
There are 4 last things to be ever remembered by man,these are death, judgement, heaven or hell. From the above it is quite obvious that the dead either attain heaven or hell depending on the person's conduct on earth.
Re: Where Do People Go To When They Die? by ogajim(m): 7:19pm On Dec 05, 2009
They go to SLEEP/Rest. Study your Bible very well, the Rapture is not for show, God is not the God of the dead.
Re: Where Do People Go To When They Die? by Kay17: 7:38pm On Dec 05, 2009
sleep or rest or hibernation, what ever you call it are myths set to be feed to those who cannot grapple with the stark realities of life; that we are in a cold and indifferent world and no angel or vampire is building a hut or mansion somewhere. death is the end of everything for every creature. nobody has died and said he saw goats or chickens. why is that only humans are found in hell and heaven? it is just of those crazy stories similar to creationism.
ogajim:

They go to SLEEP/Rest. Study your Bible very well, the Rapture is not for show, God is not the God of the dead.
and Christians are not the first to conjecture out that rapture story, the egyptians had theirs, they store food in burial chambers of their pharaoh for him to chop on the way. of course nobody chopped it grin. besides, i thought it was the love of God that would lead us to Him rather than fear of Rapture.
Re: Where Do People Go To When They Die? by Yisraylite(m): 8:35pm On Dec 05, 2009
Eyes wide open  grin I'm glad some people are starting to see past the crap. Hell - greek mythology, Heaven - 1st -where the birds fly. 2nd- sub space, 3rd- deep space, so who do you personally know who became an astronaut after they died? When people die they are buried in the earth( the Pit) or Sheol in Hebrew falsely translated as hell
Re: Where Do People Go To When They Die? by Beautymc(f): 9:10pm On Dec 05, 2009
@poster, they will go to ur house first to tell u good bye.
Re: Where Do People Go To When They Die? by manmustwac(m): 9:50pm On Dec 05, 2009
to thier grave
Re: Where Do People Go To When They Die? by okeybenny: 8:48pm On Dec 07, 2009
Gentlemen and Ladies, as I pleaded with us ealier it is good for us to think properly about our stand on this matter. You should review your authority in answering this question at hand. My friend I mentioned is gone and that forever. Supposing you say that there is no Hell and there is no Heaven and suddenly it's your turn to go also and you open your eyes and see that those things are true. What do you do? Since they told us that at that time there would be no chance anymore.
Re: Where Do People Go To When They Die? by Hypraise(f): 12:33am On Dec 08, 2009
God help us.Death's d end of a man on earth n d beginning of a much more important another life determind by ur score in d 1st level. U dnt hav 2 bliev it,but pls do, HEAVEN n HELL r real
Re: Where Do People Go To When They Die? by MrCrackles(m): 12:35am On Dec 08, 2009
Poster
They go to your village!
Re: Where Do People Go To When They Die? by Krayola(m): 12:39am On Dec 08, 2009
I don't know.
Re: Where Do People Go To When They Die? by nich(m): 8:20am On Dec 08, 2009
time will tell! wink
Re: Where Do People Go To When They Die? by kolaoloye(m): 12:43pm On Dec 08, 2009
okeybenny:

I just got an information that a loved one has passed on to the great beyond. He is somebody that used to write some posts like this in one network we belonged together. A very nice guy. Very hard working, handsome and every good thing you can get in a man.
But the news says that he has gone forever from this planet earth. So my question is:WHERE DO PEOPLE GO TO WHEN THEY DIE? Has it ever bothered you? Don't you think that we should give thought about it now? Ok let me be more direct assuming you are that guy that has just passed on now, where will you go?
Please don't just dismiss this post I need an answer. See you later.
Back to my fathers house, heaven.
Re: Where Do People Go To When They Die? by okeybenny: 2:05pm On Dec 08, 2009
time will tell!
Should we really wait till time tells. What if it's too late then to remedy the situation? I am disturbed. How about you?
Re: Where Do People Go To When They Die? by ednut1(m): 8:29am On Dec 11, 2009
Nice question nd i wil giv a right answer. Wen we die we are finished we go into mode like sleep and our body will be maggot infested. Hv u wonder y pple cry/sad wen some1 die cos our instints knows d truth. If we are realy sure of heaven we should be envy d dead and wish it ws us and any time we hv a clos shave wit death we tank god instead of crying dat we are in this bd plc
Re: Where Do People Go To When They Die? by okeybenny: 8:54pm On Dec 14, 2009
Well, I think we have spent so much time on this matter. Since the very day this article was posted so many other people have died and gone forever. Listen attentively, don't be deceived there is HEAVEN AND HELL. If you don't believe it now and repent of your sins and accept JESUS CHRIST as your Lord and Saviour, one day you will definitely see the reality and you will remember this article. As I'm writing now so many other people are departing. I can't say for sure whether the next person will not be you or I. I can hear you say "It's not my portion" whose portion is it?
God doesn't want you to kill yourself because you have sinned. He understands that it is not your fault that you were born in sin and so became a sinner automatically from birth. However, He will send you to hell if you refuse to repent because He sent JESUS CHRIST to come and pay for your sins and also give you power to overcome sin but you rejected Him.
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Where Do People Go To When They Die? by blackcypha(m): 7:07pm On Dec 17, 2009
OKEYBENNY,
I THINK u shud think well and ask urself how come u and never wish dat we die but live forever on earth,
if heaven is real then y dont u start prayin dat u die now n live this sufferin and sinful world eeh?
Re: Where Do People Go To When They Die? by mazaje(m): 7:27pm On Dec 17, 2009
okeybenny:

Well, I think we have spent so much time on this matter. Since the very day this article was posted so many other people have died and gone forever. Listen attentively, don't be deceived there is HEAVEN AND HELL. If you don't believe it now and repent of your sins and accept JESUS CHRIST as your Lord and Saviour, one day you will definitely see the reality and you will remember this article. As I'm writing now so many other people are departing. I can't say for sure whether the next person will not be you or I. I can hear you say "It's not my portion" whose portion is it?
[b]God doesn't want you to kill yourself because you have sinned. He understands that it is not your fault that you were born in sin and so became a sinner automatically from birth. However, He will send you to hell if you refuse to repent because He sent JESUS CHRIST to come and pay for your sins and also give you power to overcome sin but you rejected Him
.[/b][color=#990000][/color]

I think you are not telling the truth here. . . .First of what is this nonsense claim about people being born into sin? This christian selling point is so ridiculous that christians themselves find it absurd and untenable. . . . No one comes from the womb knowing about any God. The bible says that only by knowing about Jesus will one be saved. The only way to know that is through the bible. Therefore, there are plenty of people damned by their daring to be born at the wrong place/time. There is nothing that the Bible says about getting a free pass and plenty it does say about not getting that. You have just made up your own version of what the bible is actually saying. . . . No one can search for something that they don’t know about.

The bible clearly says that the god of the bible can send you to to hell if HE WANTS Regardless of what you do or your circumstance and situation. . .

14What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all! 15For he says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.” 16It does not, therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy. 17For the Scripture says to Pharaoh: "I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.” 18[b]Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden[/b]. 19[b]One of you will say to me: "Then why does God still blame us? For who resists his will?" 20But who are you, O man, to talk back to God? "Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, 'Why did you make me like this?' "21Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use[/b]?

There you have it written in the bible in black and white. . . .According to the bible it does not depend on what you do but on what the god of the bible wants. . .His will supersedes man's will and is the ultimate according to the bible. . . . .In fact the bible says that it is the god of the bible that allows people to accept Jesus not based on their own efforts because he is the one that hardens people hearts or haves compassion on those he wants all according to his will. . .
Re: Where Do People Go To When They Die? by mamagee3(f): 7:31pm On Dec 17, 2009
They go to a place reserved for them according to their deeds on earth. tongue
Re: Where Do People Go To When They Die? by okeybenny: 10:48am On Dec 22, 2009
MAZAJE: I love such people like you who are bold to say what they think and believe.
At the first place, I understand that you believe in the authority of the bible as the word of God, hence your citation of some portion of it. This goes a long way convincing me of the fact that if you see the truth from the said word of God you will believe it.
You are worried about the "[color=#006600]Nonesense claim about people being born into sin".
Romans 5:19 says:
[/quote]For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. Verse 18 also says, [quote]
Therefore, as by the offence of one judgement came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. You can see it from the passages that through the disobedience of one man Adam many were made sinners but through the obedience of Jesus Christ, as many as believe in Him shall be justified. For more understand please read Romans 5:14-21. It is very simple to understand. God created man in His image and likeness Genesis 1:26. A holy man, a righteous man, a glorious man. But when he sinned he lost the likeness of God.He began to produce children that took after his fallen nature. So man needed a saviour that will restore him to the original nature and God provided it in Christ Jesus. [/color] He became the Saviour and redeemer of man but it is for those that believe. THOSE WHO FAIL TO BELIEVE WILL STILL HAVE TO PAY FOR THEIR SINS (REVELATION 21:cool. DEAR YOU CANNOT STAND IT, IT IS UNBEARABLE.
Re: Where Do People Go To When They Die? by blackcypha(m): 3:17pm On Jan 16, 2010
who really cares?
we eat,sleep and die so wat?
it is natural,dont be scared of any hell coz it is an instrument of man to subdue his fellow man n keep him in bondage
so live your life coz u got just one!
Re: Where Do People Go To When They Die? by alaper: 12:42pm On Jan 17, 2010
Anyone who believes we go to for judgement or heaven or hell does not believe in the rapture and vice versa. We cant have it both ways. Which one is correct?
Re: Where Do People Go To When They Die? by omobadan(m): 2:28pm On Jan 17, 2010
Like Blackcypha said, enjoy your life cause you only live once. Worrying about some mythical place after you die, I'm sorry to say, is nothing but a waste of time. When you die, you're dead. It's the end. Finito! I would've love to say if you die and find out that there's heaven and hell. Then you're in deep sh.it. But I still find that notion a bucket full of bull crap! It's irrelevant! What we live for is how we make good or bad of our existence on this planet!
Re: Where Do People Go To When They Die? by alaper: 8:14pm On Jan 17, 2010
What then is the purpose of life then? What is the purpose of religion?
Re: Where Do People Go To When They Die? by blackcypha(m): 10:54am On Jan 18, 2010
the purpose of life is to live,love,and let live, cherish every moment u have coz u cud be gone at any moment
treat ur fellow men with love and respect, if religion can help u do these practise it non fanatically if not 4get it
Re: Where Do People Go To When They Die? by TrueSeeker(m): 11:03pm On Jan 18, 2010
The answer is simple from the Biblical view point. Where was Adam before he was created? Nowhere. So when we died we become nothing in our grave. The Creator told Adam: "For dust you are and to dust you will return" - Genesis 3:19

Do not let hell scare you as some religious pundit will want to, Bible hell means nothing but the common grave, not a place of torment. Bible say this regarding life in Hell: "Because a live dog is better off than a dead lion.  For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten", "All that your hand finds to do, do with your very power, for there is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in She′ol, the place to which you are going" -Ecclesiastes 9:4b, 5, 10.

Where are the dead going? Sheol (Hebrew) or Hades(Greek) or Hell. And what is this Sheol or Hades or Hell? It is a place of conscious-less-ness where one know nothing?

Is that the end of it all?

That is a new topic for another thread - RESURRECTION
Re: Where Do People Go To When They Die? by PurestBoy(m): 11:26pm On Jan 18, 2010
They go to your aso-rock
Re: Where Do People Go To When They Die? by TrueSeeker(m): 9:54pm On Jan 19, 2010
cool cool cool
Re: Where Do People Go To When They Die? by Fhemmmy: 10:54pm On Jan 19, 2010
A place reserve for them before judgement
Re: Where Do People Go To When They Die? by poweredcom(m): 12:55am On Sep 20, 2011
[/quote]

[quote]
Wheer else.There is no Heaven or hell its just a state of Mind, dont mind what these westerners use to brainwas you, no place like that exist, even if our creator created us and only to throw us in eternal fire, how could that be, ater al why did he allow sin , here, funny talk, Hell and heaven is on this earth, if you are rich hat heaven for you and poor , to hell for you,
Re: Where Do People Go To When They Die? by Bitrusisa(m): 1:42pm On Jun 26, 2022
Boko haram attacked butuku village yesterday on 25/06/2022 arround 5:00pm and killed three(3) men include: sunday(kurtu), bloodu, bukar bulama may their souls rest in peace.
Re: Where Do People Go To When They Die? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:31pm On Jun 26, 2022
Kay17:
sleep or rest or hibernation, what ever you call it are myths set to be feed to those who cannot grapple with the stark realities of life; that we are in a cold and indifferent world and no angel or vampire is building a hut or mansion somewhere.

This is you trying to contain your fear of death since you already know that you would not be qualified to get A New Living.

So this is what you use to console yourself.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Nairalanders More Apt To Criticize Christianity than other Religions / Evidence Of Juju / You Are In A Wrong Church If You Notice These Signs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.