Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,056 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. (34791 Views)

Python Killed In Ovim Abia State, Used In Making Pepper Soup & Fried Meat / Russians Eating Egusi Soup And Eba For The First Time / Ease Of Preparing Bole (Roasted Plantain) Using Gas Cooker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Ishilove: 11:20pm On Feb 07, 2017
HungerBAD:

Okay.

But where I am based,I do not have access to fresh Ugwu except the frozen one. Same process?

If no be say Ishilove bride price too much,I for no dey stress for cooking.

Continue.

I am curious to see how a man can cook Ogbono.
No be say my brideprice too much. Na your stinginess dey cause the stress cheesy
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by AsapTeddy(m): 11:22pm On Feb 07, 2017
Probz:

Asin eh.

OP na ofe ogbolo or fried rice this one you say put curry?
be like say u no sabi read oh. cook ur meat with ur seasoning of choice....be like say u get problem with comprehension.
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by chronique(m): 11:22pm On Feb 07, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
Whenever I see this kind of ish, I always say "THANK YOU MUMMY" for making me flex in the kitchen those days. I don't need a recipe to cook because it has been part of me since I was 7years old.

It's Good For A Man To Know His Whereabouts In The Kitchen. #NoShakaraFromAnyWoman

Same here. His method of cooking it is even strange. He's supposed to boil the water, oil and pepper together and pour his crayfish,meat stock,seasoning and stuff into the mixture and allow to boil together before adding his ogbono into it and beating it for some minutes to avoid lumps. Once you add the ogbono, you don't cover the pot or else, it would lose the slimy feel and won't "draw".

1 Like

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by shortgun(m): 11:24pm On Feb 07, 2017
AsapTeddy:

lmao...where did i say i added curry?

i said cook your meat with your season of choice,, curry,go back to page 1. i only cooked the meat with onions, n salt.

lol 4/10...lmao....thanks sha, my pals confirmed taste
Guy, don't argue just take corrections.
Its a good thing that you have started to cook.
You will make mistakes along the way but you will get better if u are ready to learn.
I am a guy like you and I cook better than most girls even better than what is served in most restaurants.
I didn't become perfect overnight.... I made mistakes n corrected them.
Don't always depend on online recipes, who knows if the writer(s) has ever stepped foot in d kitchen.
Shalom.
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by AsapTeddy(m): 11:28pm On Feb 07, 2017
chronique:

Same here. His method of cooking it is even strange. He's supposed to boil the water, oil and pepper together and pour his crayfish,meat stock,seasoning and stuff into the mixture and allow to boil together before adding his ogbono into it and beating it for some minutes to avoid lumps. Once you add the ogbono, you don't cover the pot or else, it would lose the slimy feel and won't "draw".

lol oversabi.
H
i got this recipe from a certified naija food blog, and everyone that followed the details of the recipe did fine. Nothing like what u mentioned.

i do agree they are different methods of achieving the same thing, but calling a style of cooking u dont understand strange shows your culinary skills needs exposure.
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Ezionye(f): 11:29pm On Feb 07, 2017
shortgun:
Omo see recession pot cheesy
Ur kitchen is dirty.
Next time add more red oil.
Add dried fish or stockfish.
Never add curry to ogbono soup.

Dat ur garri....is it white, yellow or brown?
I expect u to do better next time.

I will score u 4/10.

And u were able to know that the kitchen is dirty how?

Abeg OP kudos jare. Bigs up for a first attempt

Don't mind all this ITK people

1 Like

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by AsapTeddy(m): 11:30pm On Feb 07, 2017
shortgun:

Guy, don't argue just take corrections.
Its a good thing that you have started to cook.
You will make mistakes along the way but you will get better if u are ready to learn.
I am a guy like you and I cook better than most girls even better than what is served in most restaurants.
I didn't become perfect overnight.... I made mistakes n corrected them.
Don't always depend on online recipes, who knows if the writer(s) has ever stepped foot in d kitchen.
Shalom.

lol dont argue? na wah o
lol take corrections? i guess u havent seen the previous posts.
kk
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by chronique(m): 11:32pm On Feb 07, 2017
branhampaul:
hot new diss song to all fake rappers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2iHfqNVxB8&itct=CBYQpDAYASITCIDX_fWl9NECFVImfgodAJcBolIUYnJhbmggcGF1bCBmdWNrIGZha2U%3D&client=mv-google&gl=NG&hl=en

Abeg, na which person pikin be this?
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by BalogunIdowu(m): 11:34pm On Feb 07, 2017
why punishing me with the pics na...you go share for everyone
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Nobody: 11:38pm On Feb 07, 2017
Oboy grin

The day I say make I cook ogbono during my 2year
I no knw, Wetin carry me, go market. . .i buy everything, to begin cook. . . Na war!!!
I bring my phone. . .begin browse "How to cook ogbono soup". . .wetin I see just dey confuse me.
Chaii thank God for my Yoruba neighbour "Damilola". . .i for just cook another thing that dat. grin.

Op u try oo.

#YOLO
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by chronique(m): 11:40pm On Feb 07, 2017
AsapTeddy:

lol oversabi.
H
i got this recipe from a certified naija food blog, and everyone that followed the details of the recipe did fine. Nothing like what u mentioned.

i do agree they are different methods of achieving the same thing, but calling a style of cooking u dont understand strange shows your culinary skills needs exposure.

Go and sit down somewhere. I learnt how to cook from women who cooked in the kitchen and not from blogs. You think it's everyone who posts on a blog, that is posting the correct information? This might be the new school women style but if you ask women who grew up in the kitchen with their moms, I'm very sure many of them would tell you this your method is strange. You can't learn how to cook an African food perfectly from a blog. Besides, this is one of the soups we eat where I come from. You can't tell me how it is made .
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Probz(m): 11:42pm On Feb 07, 2017
chronique:
Once you add the ogbono, you don't cover the pot or else, it would lose the slimy feel and won't "draw".
This one na myth sef. You don't need to leave ogbolo uncovered to make it draw.
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by AsapTeddy(m): 11:43pm On Feb 07, 2017
richommie:
Oboy grin

The day I say make I cook ogbono during my 2year
I no knw, Wetin carry me, go market. . .i buy everything, to begin cook. . . Na war!!!
I bring my phone. . .begin browse "How to cook ogbono soup". . .wetin I see just dey confuse me.
Chaii thank God for my Yoruba neighborhood "Damilola". . .i for just cook another thing that dat. grin.

Op u try oo.

#YOLO

lmao...
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by chronique(m): 11:43pm On Feb 07, 2017
Probz:
This one na myth sef. You don't need to leave ogbolo uncovered to make it draw.

It's not. I've made the mistake of covering ogbono on the fire and it wasn't as slimy as it should be.
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Probz(m): 11:44pm On Feb 07, 2017
AsapTeddy:
be like say u no sabi read oh. cook ur meat with ur seasoning of choice....be like say u get problem with comprehension.

You dey advocate poison food though. Curry has literally no place in soup.
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by watered(m): 11:46pm On Feb 07, 2017
If that's the meat you bought for N1300 then you are suffering
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by AsapTeddy(m): 11:46pm On Feb 07, 2017
chronique:

Go and sit down somewhere. I learnt how to cook from women who cooked in the kitchen and not from blogs. You think it's everyone who posts on a blog, that is posting the correct information? This might be the new school women style but if you ask women who grew up in the kitchen with their moms, I'm very sure many of them would tell you this your method is strange. You can't learn how to cook an African food perfectly from a blog. Besides, this is one of the soups we eat where I come from. You can't tell me how it is made .

lmao.your whole posts perfectly accentuates your pain and frustration. Go find attention for yaba left abeg.

Hold this K for me.

* Tell me why we have popular food blogs, cooking channels on youtube, and 24hrs channels on dstv dedicated to cooking?

You no get sense oh, hope u know sha?
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Burgerlomo: 11:47pm On Feb 07, 2017
HungerBAD:
Man dey cook?

how you take learn how to cook bro?did you buy a cooking book?the one I bought does not help at all.

You can cook anything you want by searching the Google or YouTube grin
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by AsapTeddy(m): 11:48pm On Feb 07, 2017
watered:
If that's the meat you bought for N1300 then you are suffering

kk

1 Like

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Burgerlomo: 11:50pm On Feb 07, 2017
Abeg shey na eba or wheat flour you dey take chop am? grin
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by shumuel(m): 11:50pm On Feb 07, 2017
xxxtedyxxx:
Good Evening nairalanders, I hail oh.

This isn't going to be a long post. I will try to make it short as possible, because my tummy is looking big right now, after swallowing some garri and ogbono soup.

I found this ogbono recipe online and decided to give it a try. The ingredients are listed below along with the price of some of the items. Omo things don cost for market oh.

Ingredients.

2 knor cubes.
1 milk cup ogbono seeds ( 600 naira)
Crayfish ( 100 naira)
Meat ( 1300 naira)
Ugwu leaves ( 100 naira)

Meat.
Grounded ogbono seeds,
Pepper
Ugwu leaves

Cc MissyB3

Cc lalasticlala
Cc ishiove
Cc seun

Congrats, i achieve this 18years ago but then i was taught to mix the ogbono with palm oil in a bowl before adding it to the boiling water, trust me it leaves a lot of mess afterwards, anyways welcome to the club wink
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Probz(m): 11:51pm On Feb 07, 2017
chronique:

It's not. I've made the mistake of covering ogbono on the fire and it wasn't as slimy as it should be.

Probably you didn't add enough meat stock or you bought the wrong seeds. Ogbono can draw perfectly with pot covered or uncovered. E no even be me who discovered this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jICtmdxI1Ag

This woman happens to be the queen of Naija recipes and if she says ogbono can draw with the pot covered, it can. No need to argue because your ogbono didn't draw one time.
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by AsapTeddy(m): 11:52pm On Feb 07, 2017
shumuel:

Congrats, i achieve this 18years ago but then i was taught to mix the ogbono with palm oil in a bowl before adding it to the boiling water, trust me it leaves a lot of mess afterwards, anyways welcome to the club wink

Thanks for pointing this out. I will try it next time and see how it goes.Thanks, oshe
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by AsapTeddy(m): 11:55pm On Feb 07, 2017
Probz:

Probably you didn't add enough meat stock or you bought the wrong seeds. Ogbono can draw perfectly with pot covered or uncovered. E no even be me who discovered this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jICtmdxI1Ag

This woman happens to be the queen of Naija recipes and if she says ogbono can draw with the pot covered, it can. No need to argue because your ogbono didn't draw one time.

Thanks for pointing this out. Dont mind some wannabes, they always wana form ITK.
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Nobody: 11:56pm On Feb 07, 2017
AsapTeddy:

lmao...
won't try it again.

OK with the noodles I can cook

#YOLO
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Probz(m): 11:58pm On Feb 07, 2017
AsapTeddy:

Thanks for pointing this out. Dont mind some wannabes, they always wana form ITK.

Doesn't mean you still don't have a lot to learn if you think curry maketh a good ogbono soup but you try sha.
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by chronique(m): 12:00am On Feb 08, 2017
AsapTeddy:

lmao.your whole posts perfectly accentuates your pain and frustration. Go find attention for yaba left abeg.

Hold this K for me.

* Tell me why we have popular food blogs, cooking channels on youtube, and 24hrs channels on dstv dedicated to cooking?

You no get sense oh, hope u know sha?

If not that you have a pea sized brain made up sand and water, you would have known that there's a difference between someone teaching how to cook on TV and YouTube, and someone just posting a method of cooking on a blog. On YouTube and TV channels, you can actually see the outcome of what they made. On a blog, anybody can type recipe and instructions and the outcome might be different from what was expected. You can't tell me about what I have been cooking for close to 30 yrs. If you feel your blog taught recipe is the best way of cooking ogbono, then that's your business. I'm done talking here.
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by cooljude(m): 12:03am On Feb 08, 2017
ikorodureporta:

why u dey use maggi for soup?? Next time, start by frying some onions, b4 adding the ogbono

You no sabi cook, dem no dey use onion for draw soup because e no go let am dey draw.

1 Like

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by cooljude(m): 12:04am On Feb 08, 2017
xxxtedyxxx:

Thanks. Noted bro

bro, no mind dat guy o. dem no dey use onion for any draw soup weda okro or ogbono because e no go make d soup draw.

1 Like

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by AsapTeddy(m): 12:04am On Feb 08, 2017
Probz:

You dey advocate poison food though. Curry has literally no place in soup.
ok zombie
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by chronique(m): 12:04am On Feb 08, 2017
shumuel:

You were taught well.
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by AsapTeddy(m): 12:15am On Feb 08, 2017
chronique:

If not that you have a pea sized brain made up sand and water, you would have known that there's a difference between someone teaching how to cook on TV and You

Tube, and someone just posting a method of cooking on a blog. On YouTube and TV channels, you can actually see the outcome of what they made. On a blog, anybody can type recipe and instructions and the outcome might be different from what was expected. You can't tell me about what I have been cooking for close to 30 yrs. If you feel your blog taught recipe is the best way of cooking ogbono, then that's your business. I'm done talking here.

lol you are obviously a kid and u have some serious growing up to do....haha resorting to insults already?

look for another post to vent your frustration cos u obviously dont know what a food blog is.

perhaps u need to see all naija recipes site or naija foodie....go find food chop...n stop giving yourself headache over my ogbono grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hilda Baci's Instagram Account Has Been Verified / Please, How Do I Prepare Chinchin (with Good Flavours)-procedures / Making Cake With Blender, No Oven, No Butter, No Mixer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.