Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. (34789 Views)

Python Killed In Ovim Abia State, Used In Making Pepper Soup & Fried Meat / Russians Eating Egusi Soup And Eba For The First Time / Ease Of Preparing Bole (Roasted Plantain) Using Gas Cooker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by shumuel(m): 8:24am On Feb 08, 2017
UjSizzle:

Nah. More water, less slime. Btw you won't use a lot of okro for this.

Ogbono and egusi is good too, but I don't like it smiley

Okay, would try it soon, i don't really like eating okro.

I do it once in a while, it makes the egusi more easy to swallow and reduces it from molding up.
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by UjSizzle(f): 8:29am On Feb 08, 2017
shumuel:

Okay, would try it soon, i don't really like eating okro.

I do it once in a while, it makes the egusi more easy to swallow and reduces it from molding up.
How do you prepare your egusi? I might be able to help with the 'molding up' issue.
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by shumuel(m): 9:04am On Feb 08, 2017
[quote authur=UjSizzle post=53520098]
How do you prepare your egusi? I might be able to help with the 'molding up' issue. [/quote]

I make a thick Egusi paste before adding it to the heated palm oil, but what i really meant was; a well cooked egusi is usally molded up which makes it dry, no liquid, most times i add stew to correct that.
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by shumuel(m): 9:05am On Feb 08, 2017
UjSizzle:

How do you prepare your egusi? I might be able to help with the 'molding up' issue.
I make a thick Egusi paste before adding it
to the heated palm oil, but what i really
meant was; a well cooked egusi is usally
molded up which makes it dry, no liquid,
most times i add stew to correct that.
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Fadedjeans: 9:55am On Feb 08, 2017
You covered the pot and allowed to simmer. I'm curious, did the soup still have that slimy feel? Let me put it in the way we say it, did the soup still draw?
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by CaroLyner(f): 10:32am On Feb 08, 2017
Haute:
CaroLyner , can you cook this ogbono soup? grin
Whyyy not
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Nobody: 10:40am On Feb 08, 2017
CaroLyner:
Whyyy not

Really? If you can cook that, then I guess you can cook anything. Why does your signature read "born dancer"? Tell me about it.
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by CaroLyner(f): 10:43am On Feb 08, 2017
Haute:

Really? If you can cook that, then I guess you can cook anything. Why does your signature read "born dancer"? Tell me about it.
you bet,,

Cause i dance?
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by franklingud(m): 10:46am On Feb 08, 2017
I don't fry the ogbono. I cook it coz it's healthy to cook than fry.

Just use the water from the pre cooked meat and cook everything together.

1. Remove the meat then add oil.

2. Allow to boil for 3 or 4 mins. Add ogiri or onions.
3. put the grounded ogbono and spices including salt.

4. Allow to cook for 4 min tops. Then add meat.

5.Allow to cook for 5 mins max. Then add ugu and allow to cook 5 mins max then its done.

Easy huh
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Nobody: 10:46am On Feb 08, 2017
CaroLyner:
you bet,,

Cause i dance?

You can dance? What kind of dance...Traditional, break dance, twerk, or ballet? cheesy
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by CaroLyner(f): 10:48am On Feb 08, 2017
Haute:

You can dance? What kind of dance...Traditional, break dance, twerk, or ballet? cheesy
Everything,,
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Nobody: 10:49am On Feb 08, 2017
CaroLyner:
Everything,,

So you can twerk? grin shocked
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by laribari(m): 10:53am On Feb 08, 2017
Mstcheew!!

Do you have to put your picture there?

See as you dey rush am sef.... elebi
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Probz(m): 12:07pm On Feb 08, 2017
Fadedjeans:
You covered the pot and allowed to simmer. I'm curious, did the soup still have that slimy feel? Let me put it in the way we say it, did the soup still draw?

Again, it's a myth that ogbono doesn't draw with a covered pot. I'm amazed st the number of people who still believe that nonsense.
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by UjSizzle(f): 12:26pm On Feb 08, 2017
franklingud:
I don't fry the ogbono. I cook it coz it's healthy to cook than fry.

Just use the water from the pre cooked meat and cook everything together.

1. Remove the meat then add oil.

2. Allow to boil for 3 or 4 mins. Add ogiri or onions.
3. put the grounded ogbono and spices including salt.

4. Allow to cook for 4 min tops. Then add meat.

5.Allow to cook for 5 mins max. Then add ugu and allow to cook 5 mins max then its done.

Easy huh
Ugu and 5mins? Oga you for kuku kill the vegetable na grin
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Fadedjeans: 12:35pm On Feb 08, 2017
Probz:

Again, it's a myth that ogbono doesn't draw with a covered pot. I'm amazed st the number of people who still believe that nonsense.

I don't know about the myth, but I've tried it and it didn't draw as much. It wasn't the ogbono also ' cause it was fresh. I know that stale ogbono or one that has been kept for too long does not draw as it would if it was fresh.
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by franklingud(m): 12:46pm On Feb 08, 2017
UjSizzle:

Ugu and 5mins? Oga you for kuku kill the vegetable na grin
I said 5 min maximum. Which means 4 min atheist.
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by fairheven: 12:48pm On Feb 08, 2017
UjSizzle:

It's not about what you put in the pot;Good it's about the proportioon you use.
I've probably been cooking longer than you have, trust me it works smiley

why boast when your food has not been officially certified by NAFDAC(mua) .. the prove of the pudding in the...

bring it for testing..
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Probz(m): 1:13pm On Feb 08, 2017
franklingud:

Which kind insult be atheist?
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by belcom10(m): 1:21pm On Feb 08, 2017
Hmmm, u see, frying will reduced the sticky property of it and even onions. In my method , i have not experience lump at all. Jst normal spreading of the grinded ogbono, then turn randomly with your spoon
UjSizzle:

It's actually fried in red oil, with onions. The idea is to get a smooth paste and remove possible lumps before adding it to the broth.
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by UjSizzle(f): 2:11pm On Feb 08, 2017
franklingud:

4 mins is still too long to cook ugu.
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by trendyprettygir: 3:29pm On Feb 08, 2017
@Op, great work!

However, two knorr cubes is way too much for that quantity of ogbono.

Rather than too much maggi, more crayfish (considering the recession) would have been much better.
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by noble71(m): 4:21pm On Feb 08, 2017
Josephamstrong1:

Shee na ppl dey cruise all dz trucks ni.
Oh lawwd, ds is kingdom on earth naa.
Wen my own kingdom go come? Since I was born and I'm getting old, hv bn saying the "Lord's prayers, thy kingdom come"
undecided

your testimony is on the way bro. Can I hear you say Amen to that!
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Josephamstrong1(m): 5:11pm On Feb 08, 2017
noble71:

your testimony is on the way bro. Can I hear you say Amen to that!

Ameeeeeen o,
I receive it. cheesy
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by franklingud(m): 10:35pm On Feb 08, 2017
Probz:
Which kind insult be atheist?
Sorry, I meant at least.
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by TUBLEZ(m): 8:37pm On Feb 13, 2017
We supply quality ogbono with 100% draw quality and breath taking aroma... We also supply palm oil and crayfish... gringrin or watsap 08121680787
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by ricki: 10:51am On Feb 14, 2017
my effort....... so good. Been wondering why i didnt know about dis technology since...

i was sweating while eating yesterday grin

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by branhampaul: 8:12am On Feb 19, 2017
chronique:

Abeg, na which person pikin be this?
but at least he is wiser, more intelligent, than your stupid self..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hilda Baci's Instagram Account Has Been Verified / Please, How Do I Prepare Chinchin (with Good Flavours)-procedures / Making Cake With Blender, No Oven, No Butter, No Mixer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.