Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. (34790 Views)

Python Killed In Ovim Abia State, Used In Making Pepper Soup & Fried Meat / Russians Eating Egusi Soup And Eba For The First Time / Ease Of Preparing Bole (Roasted Plantain) Using Gas Cooker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by AsapTeddy(m): 12:19am On Feb 08, 2017
Probz:

Doesn't mean you still don't have a lot to learn if you think curry maketh a good ogbono soup but you try sha.
lol

lol haha....we learn everday....dont mind those curry mongers jare....i dint use any of that
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by UjSizzle(f): 12:30am On Feb 08, 2017
Nice one. Well done smiley
Next time try it with okro too.

1 Like

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by UjSizzle(f): 12:33am On Feb 08, 2017
chronique:

Same here. His method of cooking it is even strange. He's supposed to boil the water, oil and pepper together and pour his crayfish,meat stock,seasoning and stuff into the mixture and allow to boil together before adding his ogbono into it and beating it for some minutes to avoid lumps. Once you add the ogbono, you don't cover the pot or else, it would lose the slimy feel and won't "draw".
Dem born you for inside kitchen? grin
Along side everything you've said, he'd still need stir fry in red oil.

1 Like

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by iamkingzlee(m): 12:34am On Feb 08, 2017
Ugoeze2016:
You try but do u have recipe with no meat or fish? Recession is real smiley
lol. This kind of your soup you no need recipe. Just cook as the spirit leads

1 Like

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by chronique(m): 12:35am On Feb 08, 2017
UjSizzle:

Lol.
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by shumuel(m): 12:45am On Feb 08, 2017
AsapTeddy:

Thanks for pointing this out. I will try it next time and see how it goes.Thanks, oshe

Well i heard its the best but i prefare adding the palmoil to the boiling water to reduce what i will be washing afterwards
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by shumuel(m): 12:48am On Feb 08, 2017
chronique:

You were taught well.

Shey, but i prefare the method where i would had add all the ingredients to the boiling water before adding th ogbono.
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by shumuel(m): 1:00am On Feb 08, 2017
UjSizzle:
Nice one. Well done smiley
Next time try it with okro too.

Okro, Wouldn't it be too slimy ?
Anyways am going to try it soon,, its ogbono with egusi and vegetable i know off.
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Ugoeze2016: 1:32am On Feb 08, 2017
Hehehe yes oo

iamkingzlee:
lol. This kind of your soup you no need recipe. Just cook as the spirit leads
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Nobody: 2:36am On Feb 08, 2017
xxxtedyxxx:
My fellow nairalanders, make una join me oh, time to swallow some eba.

The finished product is shown below.

I prefer cooking ogbono soup with bitter leaf than ugu.
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Chinagurum1995(m): 3:04am On Feb 08, 2017
I have tasted ogbono soup before for a long time when I was little and it was my first Nigerian food I was taste when I was in the USA I mean every Nigerian food's are good so God bless Nigeria. grin
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by belcom10(m): 3:19am On Feb 08, 2017
You are right, i thought i was the only one who noticed it, u don't fry ogbono or okro when cooking
Benita27:
That soup no go sweet, see as e take start am. cheesy grin

Na wa for guys!.

You tried for making an effort. grin
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by wink2015(m): 4:05am On Feb 08, 2017
The Ogbono soup is tantalizing! but I would also like to add my burger to the recipe!

Burgers are an American classic but they're often loaded with fat and calories. The good news is that there are a lot of easy ways to create delicious, low-calorie burger patties.

READ MORE HERE: http://url2it.com/epngac

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by metallisc(m): 4:06am On Feb 08, 2017
Silentscreamer:
what kindda soup is dat??

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by NotNairalandi(m): 4:15am On Feb 08, 2017
nicee one
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by noble71(m): 4:33am On Feb 08, 2017
make I park here 1st. OP where my share nah?

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:37am On Feb 08, 2017
chronique:

Same here. His method of cooking it is even strange. He's supposed to boil the water, oil and pepper together and pour his crayfish,meat stock,seasoning and stuff into the mixture and allow to boil together before adding his ogbono into it and beating it for some minutes to avoid lumps. Once you add the ogbono, you don't cover the pot or else, it would lose the slimy feel and won't "draw".
What you just said proved you are a real bad cooker bro cool but I no to gbadu only ogbono, I like to add mine okro cool
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Josephamstrong1(m): 6:10am On Feb 08, 2017
Better soup na killam.
Don't nid eba, fufu or semo to download ds wt. Wt all dz gallops, the soup is enough.

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Josephamstrong1(m): 6:15am On Feb 08, 2017
noble71:
make I park here 1st. OP where my share nah?
Shee na ppl dey cruise all dz trucks ni.
Oh lawwd, ds is kingdom on earth naa.
Wen my own kingdom go come? Since I was born and I'm getting old, hv bn saying the "Lord's prayers, thy kingdom come"
undecided

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by ikorodureporta: 6:25am On Feb 08, 2017
cooljude:

You no sabi cook, dem no dey use onion for draw soup because e no go let am dey draw.

really?? I no mean say make u slice a whole big onion put....na jst few one to add flavour. How e won kill d drawing of d soup, a whole milk cup ogbono for one-man riot soup...
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by ismart: 6:26am On Feb 08, 2017
HungerBAD:
Man dey cook?

how you take learn how to cook bro?did you buy a cooking book?the one I bought does not help at all.
lol. Funny you.
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Silentscreamer(f): 6:41am On Feb 08, 2017
[quote author=metallisc post=53516612][/quote]
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by metallisc(m): 6:48am On Feb 08, 2017
UjSizzle:

the one and only sizzling UJ grin i trust you to know every about cooking! you be sure babe since 1805! cheesy cheesy
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Marlvin(m): 6:52am On Feb 08, 2017
Looks watery ...

for a starter, am quite impressed.

Here's a tip of advice, Cooking isn't about ingredients , its an art carried out with passion which gives you the desired result'.
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by 2shur: 7:04am On Feb 08, 2017
dis guy is suffering.
wtf wud a grown ass man cook this fucking hard
fuc see d pot sef..e don bend..
and the cooking gas burner..messed up.
wtf yur tables are empty.
not even a bottled water or satchet shiit..
wtf
niggi get yur self a bich to do tbe cooking 4u.
you more like a daily housewife shiit

broke ass
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by UjSizzle(f): 7:05am On Feb 08, 2017
shumuel:

Okro, Wouldn't it be too slimy ?
Anyways am going to try it soon,, its ogbono with egusi and vegetable i know off.
Nah. More water, less slime. Btw you won't use a lot of okro for this.

Ogbono and egusi is good too, but I don't like it smiley
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by UjSizzle(f): 7:08am On Feb 08, 2017
belcom10:
You are right, i thought i was the only one who noticed it, u don't fry ogbono or okro when cooking
It's actually fried in red oil, with onions. The idea is to get a smooth paste and remove possible lumps before adding it to the broth.

1 Like

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by dmola(m): 7:17am On Feb 08, 2017
Benita27:
That soup no go sweet, see as e take start am. cheesy grin

Na wa for guys!.

You tried for making an effort. grin

hi
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by ikorodureporta: 7:19am On Feb 08, 2017
UjSizzle:

It's actually fried in red oil, with onions. The idea is to get a smooth paste and remove possible lumps before adding it to the broth.
......i fry, just like roasted groundnut, to improve its flavour
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by fairheven: 7:50am On Feb 08, 2017
How do you mix okro and ogbono on the same soup?... the thing go "draw pass Arsenal undecidedand Liverpool join together"
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by UjSizzle(f): 8:12am On Feb 08, 2017
fairheven:
How do you mix okro and ogbono on the same soup?... the thing go "draw pass Arsenal undecidedand Liverpool join together"
It's not about what you put in the pot; it's about the proportion you use.
I've probably been cooking longer than you have, trust me it works smiley

1 Like

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by UjSizzle(f): 8:15am On Feb 08, 2017
Chommieblaq:

Uziza n add okpei when grounding d crayfish
kiss You sabi

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hilda Baci's Instagram Account Has Been Verified / Please, How Do I Prepare Chinchin (with Good Flavours)-procedures / Making Cake With Blender, No Oven, No Butter, No Mixer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.