Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,863 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant - Travel (341) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant (1980659 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Trikings2000: 6:28am On Aug 02, 2018
[quote author=Blessedluvdfavd post=69872040][/quote]

Nice. How much did you eventually pay for the 3 bedroom?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Compu001: 7:55am On Aug 02, 2018
Due to the last trending topic about Doctors, I want to know the chances of Nigeria trained Nurses in Canada. Which province is the best and are they allow to practice?? Please, if you know the process, please help a brother.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by veleta: 10:05am On Aug 02, 2018
@Vcole,sorry if I misconstrued you.For references for Family Physician training,your consultants back home in Nigeria can suffice.The good news is that the cap for visa for doctors have been lifted in July so getting visa outside Uk when you get residency training slot is easy now unlike before. A lot of Indians and Pakistanis are leveraging on that now.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by salford1: 2:14pm On Aug 02, 2018
Compu001:
Due to the last trending topic about Doctors, I want to know the chances of Nigeria trained Nurses in Canada. Which province is the best and are they allow to practice?? Please, if you know the process, please help a brother.
Thanks
There are of opportunities for nurses in all provinces. If you are looking at moving to Sask or Alberta, it's best to move to a small town or city or rural area due to oversaturation of nurses in big cities.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Compu001: 2:32pm On Aug 02, 2018
Thanks so much. We are looking at Alberta but don't know much about the city

quote author=salford1 post=69922453]
There are of opportunities for nurses in all provinces. If you are looking at moving to Sask or Alberta, it's best to move to a small town or city or rural area due to oversaturation of nurses in big cities. [/quote]
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by conebeam: 5:41pm On Aug 02, 2018
veleta:
@Vcole,sorry if I misconstrued you.For references for Family Physician training,your consultants back home in Nigeria can suffice.The good news is that the cap for visa for doctors have been lifted in July so getting visa outside Uk when you get residency training slot is easy now unlike before. A lot of Indians and Pakistanis are leveraging on that now.
How about Dentists. What is it like for Dentists in Canada.. How easy is it to get into their system?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by extraterestrial: 6:30pm On Aug 02, 2018
hi, the spouse and i are looking to land in November and we intend settling in Ottawa. I wouldn't mind being part of the whats app group. can you post a link please. Thank you.
gemdor:

Thank you for your attention to my question.

I think around 1350- 1500 (will be glad if i get below sha) should be enough for a 3 bedroom house, i am looking at anywhere close to ottawa; orleans, hunt club , crystal bay , westboro etc. We arrive in two weeks by Gods grace.

Thank you for your offer will most appreciate it.

About the meet up, since ottawans are so busy parhabs the whatsapp group may be more beneficial for newcomers, i kind of started one but , hey! i never land, so na the same thing.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Blessedluvdfavd: 7:35pm On Aug 02, 2018
Merovingian:

Congrats on securing an apartment.

1. Is the upfront payment made in cash or post dated cheque?
2. Can you sub lease or its part of the agreement not to? Asking incase one finds a better job out of city and have to leave.

Thanks!
1. Bank draft. Costs $8.50. Full amount has to be in the account.

2. Sublease with landlord's consent. Landlord must not withhold consent unreasonably.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Blessedluvdfavd: 7:37pm On Aug 02, 2018
Trikings2000:

Nice. How much did you eventually pay for the 3 bedroom?

$1800
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Blessedluvdfavd: 7:41pm On Aug 02, 2018
Hello again good people of Nairaland! Any one with a contact in the Nigerian embassy Ottawa for the driving extract please share. Mine has an expiry date and drive test bounced it. Unfortunately I didn't come with the form We get in naija when we renew licenses. So looking for solutions. Suggestions highly welcomed!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by veleta: 7:48pm On Aug 02, 2018
conebeam:

How about Dentists. What is it like for Dentists in Canada.. How easy is it to get into their system?

No idea my dear
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Otnias(f): 8:38pm On Aug 02, 2018
please I need help with this Ethiopian airline booking, I'm having problems with the payment on their website, something about exceeding the daily transaction limit via interswitch.
please did anyone experience this and how did you pay?

thanks in advance
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Akingsqueen: 11:06pm On Aug 02, 2018
Contact their customer care and they will give you an account number to pay into.

If you can't find it online, pm me and I will give you one of their numbers.

Otnias:
please I need help with this Ethiopian airline booking, I'm having problems with the payment on their website, something about exceeding the daily transaction limit via interswitch.
please did anyone experience this and how did you pay?

thanks in advance
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by conebeam: 11:10pm On Aug 02, 2018
veleta:

No idea my dear
Okay...thanks..
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Otnias(f): 11:19pm On Aug 02, 2018
OK thanks, I just sent you a PM @Akingsqueen
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Akingsqueen: 11:59pm On Aug 02, 2018
The reply is failing.
Don't know why.
Please send me a mail at melankev@yahoo.com

Otnias:
OK thanks, I just sent you a PM @Akingsqueen
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Osaze007: 1:49am On Aug 03, 2018
Hello all
What’s best way to get job in financial services with a foreign degree

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by luffyhaki: 5:37am On Aug 03, 2018
Osaze007:
Hello all
What’s best way to get job in financial services with a foreign degree

Welcome grin

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Newmum0615: 6:53am On Aug 03, 2018
No be small grin grin grin
luffyhaki:

Welcome grin

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Jewel80(f): 6:54am On Aug 03, 2018
Hi guys! Are students required to show cash (POF) at point of entry? I might be carrying something less than $900CAD because i will be getting more money from a relative in Toronto after i open a bank account in canada. Is something less than $900CAD too small to show? I am thinking of also showing my tuition fees receipt since i have paid that.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Saintp(m): 7:07am On Aug 03, 2018
Newmum0615:
No be small grin grin grin
Congrats newmum. I welcome you officially to this house. **barman give her 2 bottles of odeku **

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Osaze007: 7:09am On Aug 03, 2018
luffyhaki:

Welcome grin

Yes na battle 1 is over battle 2 begins
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by adesbaba: 7:33am On Aug 03, 2018
To our seniors in Canada....

Pls hope the next govt or party are not planning to cancel this EE program by next year or year after cos na next year some of us just intend starting....
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by adesbaba: 7:34am On Aug 03, 2018
Madam Newmum.

Nice welcoming u to this thread.. My own too will happen soon.....u v really blessed lives here
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Pipes1759: 7:51am On Aug 03, 2018
Good morning guys, i have been reading this thread and i must give kudos to the folks that are kind enough to answer questions on here..i have a few questions of my own..
-First, how long does it take after submission of passports at vfs before one gets it back? I will like to know when to start disposing stuff i wont be needing anymore.
-Secondly, what is the process like when one arrives at the airport in terms of immigration and the rest.
-Thirdly, how much would u advice a family of three to hold for survival before getting a job and the sort (i have a reative that lives there so we have where to sty for like a month or two).

Thanks and have a great day.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Jewel80(f): 8:06am On Aug 03, 2018
Pipes1759:
Good morning guys, i have been reading this thread and i must give kudos to the folks that are kind enough to answer questions on here..i have a few questions of my own..
-First, how long does it take after submission of passports at vfs before one gets it back? I will like to know when to start disposing stuff i wont be needing anymore.
-Secondly, what is the process like when one arrives at the airport in terms of immigration and the rest.
-Thirdly, how much would u advice a family of three to hold for survival before getting a job and the sort (i have a reative that lives there so we have where to sty for like a month or two).

Hi, i can only answer the first question. When i asked, they said 5-10 working days. Mine took exactly 5working days.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Newmum0615: 8:42am On Aug 03, 2018
Very chilled one please grin
Saintp:

Congrats newmum. I welcome you officially to this house.
**barman give her 2 bottles of odeku **

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by brightday2222(m): 11:15am On Aug 03, 2018
Good day house. Please house I need help. The church which I applied to is asking me to open a savings account online with a bank in Canada in order to get statement of account to process my LMIA. Please should I or not. Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Akingsqueen: 11:54am On Aug 03, 2018
Pls send a mail through melankev@yahoo.com

Newmum0615:
Very chilled one please grin
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 03, 2018
Pipes1759:

For question 3, Your POF for your family of 3 should suffice.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Tojued: 12:19pm On Aug 03, 2018
Pipes1759:

For question 2, read (or skim) through this thread. A good number of folks have shared their landing stories.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Blessedluvdfavd: 1:29pm On Aug 03, 2018
So got a virgin 2 year contract unlimited Canada calls and texts with the Samsung A8 for $50 a month from the tech guys @ Wal-Mart and got $250 worth of walmart gift cards free! 0 down. Weekends always have more giveaways according to them.

18 Likes 10 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (505)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.