Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,910 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant - Travel (471) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant (1981442 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 16, 2018
Riversides2003:

shocked Indeed, the strongest people are not those who show strength in front of us but those who win battles we know nothing about.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Licious07(f): 5:00pm On Dec 16, 2018
Many thanks for the landing gist(S).....It sure gives hope to those of us still in the PPR Queue. I always look forward to reading them grin

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 16, 2018
Estac:
....He dinor now say Welcome to Canada (when his mates were receiving training on how to receive new immigrants, he was playing candy crush, nonsense).

Buhahaha.....Same here too. grin grin Anyway, the cold don welcome me to Canada sef. cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Newbeecey: 5:25pm On Dec 16, 2018
[quote author=Estac post=73874382]My stale landing gist. Plz pardon any typos cos I typed this out on my phone.

Lol....Congrats and more congrats when u land full. I thoroughly enjoyed what you called a boring landing gist. May your husband find favour in the land soon enough, so you can go home.

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 16, 2018
mimimum:
At the bolded: I need to buy the weighing scale too. Which of the ones in the attached Jumia pics below is the one you bought? I need to be sure I am buying a good one.

I bought the one with silver colour on Konga. It was accurate but despite weighing and weighing...... On the D-day, hmmm. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 16, 2018
GlitteringStar2:

I bought the one with silver colour on Konga. It was accurate but despite weighing and weighing...... On the D-day, hmmm. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin cheesy
Complete the sentence na, mmnnnn what ? grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 16, 2018
Kindly find below my landing and post-landing experience

Moi Landing Experience (Part 1)

"Madam, all the bags wey I dey sell na original bags. I no dey sell fake bags at all"..….. I can still recollect the voice of the guy I bought our bags from. I told myself "Canada, here we come" the week before we travelled. All our goods were neatly arranged inside the "original bags" I bought from the confident seller.

D-day
Finally, the D-day came. We got to the airport and as we entered, I heard "piam". One of the “original bags” got torn even before entering the airport. I was confused, sad and ........ embarassed embarassed “Madam, what do you have in these bags? Do you have palm oil? Wetin you carry? Open it…..” An immigration officer asked. To cut the long story short, they didn't bother checking our bags again when they saw stress written all over my face.

Tip #1: Kindly go to Yaba to get all those Okrika bags because I heard they are always durable.

I paid for two extra baggage fees despite the baggage allowance for my family (32kg x2 each) but I wished I never did. Half of all the items (foodstuff) I bought didn't reach Canada. I left them at Murtala Muhammed International Airport despite weighing and weighing and weighing (Anyway, na my people carry them back to their house. Na to turn cheerful giver by force. Lol). ALL OUR BAGS WERE OVERWEIGHT. I weighed them using the hand scale I bought on Konga before leaving home. Though, some were like 34kg/35kg when I weighed them at home (na my luck I wan try too at the airport and yes, I know say our stuff dey plenty....Lol cheesy).

When I got here, I realized that ALMOST EVERYTHING can be found here. But of course, you need some $$$. In my own case, considering the fact that I didn't travel with most of the stuff I bought, I ended up losing money rather than saving $$$.

Tip #2: Try to consider the pros and cons of (1) buying foodstuff in Nigeria rather than Canada, (2) paying for extra baggage fees and the like before making your decision. In my opinion, shipping your goods is still better than paying for extra baggage fees.

The staff at the check-in counter was very helpful. After all the reshuffling and co, we proceeded to board. We were given priority check-in and boarding because we paid for business class.

We had a 5.5-hour layover at Cairo. There was free Wi-Fi so we were able to contact our family and friends (EgyptAir has free Wi-Fi in their Business Class lounge at Cairo International Airport). The second leg of the journey was sooooooo smooth because the airplane from Cairo to Toronto was a bigger and more comfortable plane. We really enjoyed ourselves. We slept, ate, watched film, played game and slept again wink cheesy. We didn't feel the long journey because the seats were super comfy (the seat laid flat so it was comfortable for us to sleep).

Tip #3: If possible, kindly reduce your carry-on baggage especially if you have kids (Very important!).

LANDING

We landed at exactly 7:30am at Toronto Pearson International Airport. The landing formalities was very smooth and fast. Everything was done in less than 15 minutes! Landing early in the morning is so sweet. smiley They didn’t ask for any POF but try to have your bank statement and co handy (just to be on the safe side). They will collect one copy of your COPR. Don’t forget to collect your own copy ooo. Afterwards, a lady directed us to Service Canada counter for Social Insurance Number (SIN) registration. The documents needed for SIN registration include: COPR, travel document (international passport), and Canadian address. You can read this post for more details.

CUSTOMS
I made two copies of “goods accompanying and goods to follow” list (I wrote them about an hour before we landed). However, they didn’t ask for any of the lists. They did not even check any of our bags too. I forgot to stamp the “goods to follow” list at YYZ so I took it to the custom office here in Ottawa and it was signed there. The officer signed and stamped the list. He also attached a CBSA printed form with it.

In summary, these are the documents needed at Port of Entry (based on my experience). Kindly add/include any other documents that you feel necessary.

1. Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) form (for each family member traveling with you)

2. Travel document (Passport)

3. Goods to follow list (if you have any). You can also include goods accompanying list (though I don’t think it is compulsory).

4. Proof of Funds (Just to be on the safe side. It can be in any form: bank statement, cash, fixed deposit certificate and co)

5. Passport photographs (Try to change yours if more than six months old)

6. Local Canadian address (if you have one)

***For my mum, they checked her passport only***

NOTE: If you are carrying more than 10,000 CAD (CAD not USD), please try to declare it at the Port of Entry. It is not an issue as long as you declare it. You can read this post for more details.

To be continued (Make I compose part 2). wink

89 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 16, 2018

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by oluphilip2008(f): 9:09pm On Dec 16, 2018
Akingsqueen:
Send your WhatsApp number to melankev17@yahoo.com

OK. Thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by maternal: 9:18pm On Dec 16, 2018
sunvick:
Oga, Like which area please?

The whole of Canada.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by AlphaStyles(m): 10:09pm On Dec 16, 2018
GlitteringStar2:
chai see enjoyment na oboy i envy u o
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by careerwoman(f): 11:13pm On Dec 16, 2018
GlitteringStar2:

Well done... We’ve been awaiting your landing gist. Can’t wait for part II.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 11:38pm On Dec 16, 2018
@glitteringstar weldon. I wonder why I cant bring myself to type the 2 at the back of your new monicker. We know you as just glitteringstar so thats what I will call you and not glitteringstar2 grin grin.

I am using egypt air too, were you allowed a laptop bag apart from hand luggage ?
Why did you advise that we reduce the hand luggage size as my hand luggage is already weighing 8kg and I still plan to conserve space by holding another jacket apart from the one I will be wearing ....

Please advise as If I put the jacket in my bag I will overshoot the baggage limit.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 12:21am On Dec 17, 2018
Guitarlife:
I am using egypt air too, were you allowed a laptop bag apart from hand luggage ?

Yes.

Guitarlife:

You can hold your jacket.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 1:21am On Dec 17, 2018
Post-Landing Experience (Part 2)

Accommodation: The search for accommodation began. I checked Kijiji.ca but when I couldn't get any, I had to check the property management companies’ websites. In Ottawa, they include Primecorp, Osgoode, CLV Group, Minto, Sleepwell, District Realty and some other ones. I contacted them but most of them said there was no vacancy. At last, we got two places. We went to view the two places and we chose one. We moved in after the completion of the background checks. I used my bank statement and the funding package I got from my school as proof of fund for the accommodation stuff. We stayed with our host for 9 days (may the Lord continue to bless him and his family).

Bank Account: I opened a US Dollar account, Chequing account (commonly known as current account in Nigeria) and Savings account. I opened a student account so there will be no charges on it for the duration of my studies. You can ask for newcomer packages. Scotiabank also gave me $3000 credit card limit.

Phone: I got 10GB +3GB bonus plan with freedom mobile for $65 for the first month (SIM only because my phone was compatible with the SIM), and then $55 for subsequent months. I’ve switched to 2GB now though because I have unlimited home internet and there is free Wi-Fi in my school.

Note: You will pay sales tax on ANYTHING you buy here. I learnt my lesson with Freedom mobile. I thought I got a good deal until when it was time to pay. They said I will pay $75 or so (after tax). I told them that I don’t want the $65 own again embarassed but the guy said he cannot change it. embarassed cry Please, don’t make the same mistake. Also, try to do your research and check the price for each plans before making your decision. You can always check their websites (Freedom Mobile, Fido, Public Mobile, Telus, Bells, Rogers and co) for any information you need.

Home Internet: I got unlimited internet with FIDO for $45.20 for the first month and then $32.50 (before tax) for subsequent months (for 1 year). It was a promo price. Both phone and home internet are month to month plans.

Social Insurance Number (SIN): You can go to any Service Canada Centre closest to you to do your SIN registration (if you didn’t land on a weekday).

Childcare Subsidy: There is a waitlist where one is required to register the name of one’s child and anytime there is a space, the child care centre will contact the person. Childcare fees ranges from $900 to $1500 (per child). Yes, childcare is expensive here! The good news however, is that one can get full subsidy/half subsidy depending on the family’s income. The processing time for the subsidy application ranges from 3 days to 2 months. Note that getting subsidy is one thing, getting a space for your child is another thing.

Canada Child Benefit: One good thing about this place is that there is no "oga at the top" when applying for stuff such as child care benefit, subsidy application, grant application, scholarship application and co. For the Canada child benefit application, just go online, download the forms, fill in the forms and mail the completed forms to your province's tax centre. Read this post for more details.

Tip #4: Try to apply for direct deposit. It is very easy and convenient. Learn how to sign up for it here.

Bus Pass: This tip is for those that will be using public transport. You can get a monthly bus pass (called PRESTO card in Ottawa) or you can also pay cash or use DayPass. In Ottawa, per ride is $3.50, DayPass is $10 while monthly bus pass (PRESTO card) is $116.50. Depending on your family's income, you can also apply for EquiPass monthly pass. This means one will pay half the cost of an Adult pass (i.e $58.25 per month). Read this post for the full fares (this is for those planning to land in Ottawa).

Permanent Resident Card: The time frame to receive this ranges from 6 weeks to 2 months (all things being equal). You can contact them to change the address that your PR card will be sent to. I wasn't able to update the address online so I called them and the address was changed successfully.

Tip #5: Try to change your passport photographs at the Port of Entry if it is more than 6 months old (just my opinion though).

Health Card (Ontario): The time frame for this is 3 months post-landing. To do the registration, you can go to any Service Ontario centre closest to you. Documents required include: COPR, proof of identity (travel document and the like) and proof of residency (lease agreement and co). All the information you need about applying for OHIP can be found here.

Weather: Hmmm...….In 5 words, “Canada is a cold country”. lipsrsealed The weather was very okay when we landed. In fact the kind heat wey dey then ehn....…But now, hmmmm and they said this is pre-winter. lipsrsealed It is well ooo. Anyway, fear thou not grin grin...…the main thing is to dress for the weather. Winter jackets are expensive here but you can also get good winter wears in thrift stores at very cheap prices. I think @Einsteino shared some tips on how to cope with the weather and what to buy. You can read his posts for more details.

The major monthly expenses include:

1. House rent: $??

2. Phone bill: $??

3. Home internet bill: $??

4. Hydro bill: $??

5. Heat and Water bill (if not included in your house rent): $??

6. Child daycare fees (if you have kids): $??

7. Bus pass (for those that will be using public transport): $??

8. Home (rental) insurance: $??

9. Car insurance (if you have a car): $??

10. Groceries: $??

11. Gas and parking fees (if you have a car): $??

12. Miscellaneous: $??

***Note that the amount for each depends on each individual's taste, size of the family and location. That is the reason why I didn't put any amount for the expenses***

Stores in Canada and What You Can Buy From the Stores (Based on my Experience)

Furniture and Home Furnishings: IKEA all the way. Note that whatever you buy, you will assemble it yourself. grin cheesy For those who are good with playing puzzles or those who enjoy Gulder ultimate search kind of stuff grin, you go enjoy assembling wella. Lol.

Thrift Stores (i.e Value Village and co): For newly landed immigrants who would like to save some $$$, you can go to thrift stores to buy second-hand things. Almost anything you need can be found there (clothes, winter jackets , shoes, bags, household items and co). Please, our seniors (those people wey don land since smiley), kindly donate any items you are not using to thrift stores and the like. You can touch so many lives by donating those items instead of leaving them in your store (make the items no dey gather dust wink).

Electronics: Walmart, Best Buy, The Source, Staples and the like.

Walmart: We must have heard about Walmart. For your everyday purchases, try to go to Walmart. You can get anything you need there at affordable price (though affordable is relative). You can also order online (but be sure you are ordering from walmart.ca and not walmart.com before your money will enter voicemail grin).

African Stores: Yes, African store has almost everything. Almost all African foods are sold in African stores (of course, you will need $$$ smiley)......Noodles (Indomie), yam, poundo yam, different types of fish, goat meat, palm oil, hair attachments, garri, spices, knorr, semolina, wheat, beans e.t.c wink Try to locate one nearest to you.

Groceries: FreshCo, Loblaws, Food Basics, Walmart e.t.c

Dollar Stores: Dollarama, Dollar It and Dollar Tree. You will save a lot by buying stuff in these stores. The highest price for items in Dollarama is $4 while in Dollar Tree, it is $1.25.

Children's Clothing Stores: JoeFresh, Payless, Old Navy, The Children's Place, Gap, Winners e.t.c

There are so many other stores such as Canadian Tire, Factory Direct, Hudson Bay, Giant Tiger, Costco and co.

Tip #6: You can save a lot by buying items when on sales. For instance, I got some good deals on Black Friday. You can always check the websites of the stores to know when they are doing any sales.

OTHER TIPS

1. One advice I will love to give is that you should try to be yourself. “E ma wo agogo oni ago sare (Live your own life and do not try to use another person's lifestyle to live your own). Some will land and get a good job within a month of landing while some other people might not get theirs until 6 months after landing. Therefore, it is important for one learn to live his/her OWN life. Do not compare your own race with another person’s race. YOU are different from everyone else. YOUR destiny is different. Sometimes, the race is not always to the swift.

2. Team Do It Yourself: Everything about this place is do it yourself (DIY). You will assemble anything you buy yourself i.e furniture, TV Stand, etc). Don't be stingy in buying DIY tools: Hammer, screw driver, cordless drill and some other DIY tools. You can buy them at affordable prices in Walmart or Canadian Tire.

3. Planning is good but do not OVERPLAN. One of the lessons I learnt from my experience is that no matter how we plan, reality will always be reality. Do not let your expectations be too high.

4. This is not related to landing gist but I would like to share this based on my little experience here. Please, as much as possible let us try to assist others in our own little ways. Yes, I know that everything is expensive here. And if we were to convert the cost of buying things here to Naira, hmmm. But that shouldn’t stop us from helping others. The impact you make is what you will be remembered for. Please, anywhere you find yourself, try to make impact on the lives of others. Put a smile on people's face. smiley

5. This tip is for those who intend to go back to school after landing (i.e my fellow students (in mama patience's voice) grin grin)…...Schooling here is no joke (especially research-based programs). Two words: Be prepared. The beginning might look difficult at first but as long as you do not give up on your dream, it will get easier as time goes by.

6. Please, don’t joke with your proof of funds ooo. It is very important. You will need it here till you start earning in CAD. Last week, I calculated the amount I’ve spent within few months of landing and I was like..... shocked shocked shocked The proof of funds is very important.

7. Google map will be your best friend here. Lol. You will need it if you have a car and even if you don’t have a car, you will still need it.

8. Try to spend wisely but don’t be too stingy. Health is wealth ooo.

9. For those with kids, try to bring the immunization records of your children when coming because you will need it for their school registration and co.

10. You will see "all-inclusive" in some house rental adverts. It means you don't need to pay for hydro, heat and water bill. If you see "plus hydro", it means you will be the one to pay for hydro. For example, if your rent is "$1200 all-inclusive", then you don't need to pay for hydro, heat and water while "$1200 plus hydro" means you will be the one to pay for your hydro bill. Also, try to read the terms and conditions of your contract before signing any rental agreement. In fact, before you sign anything here, try to read the terms and conditions.

11. The return/refund policy at most stores here is superb. kiss Before buying major items such as electronics, furniture and any other household items, try to know the refund policy of the store you are buying from. For instance, almost anything you buy from Walmart can be returned within 90 days with the exception of a few items while for IKEA, it is 365 days. Yes, 365 days! smiley

Note: I shared my experience based on living in Ontario. I’m not sure some of them will be applicable in other provinces.

*** I apologize for not sharing this the month I landed. I was waiting for it to be rich and creamy (like peak milk grin) before sharing it. Please, make una no vex. To all those who sent me PMs, I’m really sorry for not responding. I’ve really been so busy over here.***

***My boss (@Bellong), thank you so much for your support, prayers and words of advice. Thanks to everyone (Blackbuddy, Maternal, TheCongo2, Vcole, Salford1, MummyJaygirls, Czaratwork, Bsbabe and all lovely members of this thread) who despite their tight schedule have been helping others in one way or the other. May your labour of love not be in vain.***

***For those people who are already in Canada, may we prosper in the land. For those who are still waiting to receive their golden mail, may the Lord grant you your heart desires. For those planning to land soon, may you have a safe flight. Compliments of the season to everyone!***
kiss kiss kiss

183 Likes 77 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Dizzy007(m): 2:11am On Dec 17, 2018
Thanks immensely for the rich information @Glitteringstar2. You never disappoint....

GlitteringStar2:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by einsteino(m): 3:18am On Dec 17, 2018
MissEmmy:
Sorry to hear that you're having a bit of difficulty getting your desired job. Hopefully you get a good career break soon. My two cents is, you should approach a firm that you are interested in and ask for volunteer opportunities, I'm not sure an employer will turn down an opportunity of getting work done without paying. That way you will be able to gather the required experience while working a survival job on low key, some companies actually do advertise volunteer opportunities on their website. I feel like that was what the HR @ the job fair was hoping to hear. Btw I'm also a Super Lioness. Good luck with the job search.

Thanks alot. Good thing is I came mentally prepared for the challenges, time is all it would take. I am not in any way ruffled, the survival job pays enough to sort out my bills and keep some decent savings for goals, only thing is that it takes a part of me with it.

Yeah she basically wanted canadian education/credentials or canadian experience to substitute. The unpaid co-op is pretty much a volunteer kind of thing, I start out this week and in a couple of months I'd have some Canadian experience, references and network in my field. Hopefully, that helps. All the same, I am bent on starting a masters or diploma soon, it has always been one of my todo. My objective is to ensure that in the end I cross all their T's and dot their i's. its their game, I wouldnt nag about the rules, my preoccupation is doing all I can to win.

cheesy Nice to learn you are a Super Lioness, who knows we may have met. may our roar never turn to meow.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by einsteino(m): 3:28am On Dec 17, 2018
salford1:
In Canada, one can't "volunteer" or "work for free " for a for-profit organization. Most companies try to stay away from any action that could bring about a lawsuit.

Two ways to get around this:
1) padi to padi arrangee.
2) Employers that work in conjunction with recognized internship programs. There are schools, government or bridging programs that can help people work for free to gain Canadian experience. I believe einsteino is starting one of such programs soon.

You're right. I have a friend here, a pharmacist, and his volunteer gig was based on padi-padi arrangement, he goes a few times a week for a couple of hours. Other folks that I know volunteered were via well organised internship programs, and this is the case with mine. The good thing about the padi-padi setting is that it is very flexible and allows you keep your fulltime survival job unlike most of the latter.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by einsteino(m): 3:30am On Dec 17, 2018
blessings2017:

I think there is an exception to your statement above.Going by the little experience I have as a foreign-trained lawyer (FTL) in Calgary looking for articling positions, you'd be shocked to find that most FTL opt for one-year unpaid articling jobs whereas others are being paid big bucks in some law firms. When you have looked for paid articling postions for 6 months yet no sign of uhuru, no be person go tell you make you just patch with one firm like that even if na free. Unpaid articling jobs is a norm in the legal circle and is publicly advertised even inside the library in Calgary Court house. lol.

I know a couple of colleagues doing it though I must warn that it's a suicide mission if you don't have family to support you. Imagine 'no major income for a year. Oh boy!

1 year unpaid! na wa! it better be part time o. That's very unfair.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by einsteino(m): 4:55am On Dec 17, 2018
jelmusboy:
BORING LANDING GIST, PART II

I'm happy I chose Edmonton finally and I want to thank Salford for giving me his audience when I was trying to decide where to go, members of Edmonton WhatsApp group who are always listening to me whenever I asked questions about areas to live, and lastly to TheCongo, you are God's sent and a jewel. You exceeded my expectation and it is only God that can reward your good gesture towards me. You showed me that there are people out there who can go out of their way to help fellow human being, you are worthy of emulation I must say. I won't forget my beautiful sister, HappyTBaby, you are too much.

This caught my attention. I am glad you came out to appreciate them, because its no easy task taking time out of one's busy day to assist. Permit me to capitalize on this opportunity to chime in, I had hoped to write a landing gist and it was where I wanted to state this.

its impressive the length folks go to help. I was picked up at the Airport for free when I landed Montreal by someone I hadn't met and only knew via a whatsapp group, I dont know if @wobstics is here. Dude literally knew I came to gamble and yet weeks to my landing, he invested his time helping me make inquiries and put my plans together, even after I landed.

When I decided to leave Montreal and was having a hard time securing accommodation in the GTA, @Derei and @Bimpsy99 took it upon themselves to help, my current job sef na based on referral from @Derei. @feygbe nko? That one I don forget say no be my mama born am.

I over think plans , its an old habit of mine and it can be quite frustrating for those I seek help from to evaluate my schemes. I virtually turned @Kayla10 into my 'Consigliere', despite her very busy schedule she always managed to bring a new perspective, her mind works in a very beautiful way. I am not sure I wouldn't complain if I were she.

In summary, there are a lot of exceptionally good people here, people who aren't even seeking for gratitude or recognition. You can even tell by the effort people put in to reply and write these very informative post that are in abundance here and on the EE thread. I have heard from people stories of the help they got from folks here and it left me in awe.

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by rainazoe: 5:51am On Dec 17, 2018
Honestly! I was reading and grinning at the same time @estac

princesschuks:

I enjoyed every part of your story.
You're such a great writer.

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by rainazoe: 5:53am On Dec 17, 2018
And I was about to say you people where praying but you have use your hand to implicate yourself tongue

Estac:
Oga Salford, you are right on both counts. wink grin

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by rainazoe: 5:56am On Dec 17, 2018
Thank you for coming back to give us an update.May lines continue to fall in pleasant places for you!

Esughusughu:
It's been a little over a year I landed. God bless those who are keeping the thread running with their advice. So, I had a lot of stuff to tidy in naija, my immigrant visa was just stored in one envelope for months!!! My flight was just few weeks to the expiration of the visa and the irony of everything was I didn't accomplish my mission back home.

Flight was OK! for the 16hours long flight, I was the only one seated in my row; so I had a my own special first class and slept well on all seats.

I came with the mind of being on my own since I didn't have family or friends here. In reality, I had siblings who are citizens here but I was not relating with them due to.... . When things hooked me ehn, I had to swallow pride and run to my brother's house. My major fear was spending money when I'm not earning any..

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by rainazoe: 6:15am On Dec 17, 2018
@glitteringstar2 na full manual were you write so. Thank you! Abeg how can you pin it to page one so that we can always refer to it. Ese ma.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by rainazoe: 6:18am On Dec 17, 2018
Can one get a grant for part time MBA?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by aworldcitizen: 6:27am On Dec 17, 2018
Thank you glittering star. We have decided to settle in Ottawa/Gatineau region. We are landing this week.

Please how did you journey from Toronto to Ottawa? Was it via rail or air?

How many hours?

Should we book in advance?

Thank you.

GlitteringStar2:

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Owlette: 6:58am On Dec 17, 2018
Click on share.
rainazoe:
@glitteringstar2 na full manual were you write so. Thank you! Abeg how can you pin it to page one so that we can always refer to it. Ese ma.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by gaggle: 7:15am On Dec 17, 2018
Thank U Glittering Star U are one in a million

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Homguy(m): 8:11am On Dec 17, 2018
GlitteringStar2:

Wow! That was a great read. Thanks for taking out time to provide these info. God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by mimimum: 9:20am On Dec 17, 2018
GS, this your hmm. Does it mean that it didn't work?
GlitteringStar2:

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by ysteph: 9:37am On Dec 17, 2018
Weldone Glitteringstar.
GlitteringStar2:

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) ... (505)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.