Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,708 members, 7,865,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 06:21 AM

Passengers Travelling To Kaduna Involved In Accident, Some Dead, Others Injured - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passengers Travelling To Kaduna Involved In Accident, Some Dead, Others Injured (38264 Views)

Passengers Travelling From Katsina To Kano Burnt To Death In Accident. Graphic / Passengers Travelling To Zaria Involved In Accident, Many Dead (Graphic Photos) / Accident Along Benin Highway Few Days Ago,Some Dead,Others Injured(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passengers Travelling To Kaduna Involved In Accident, Some Dead, Others Injured by jimb(m): 1:11pm On Feb 08, 2017
no be lie, upon say dey no sabi drive sef
Re: Passengers Travelling To Kaduna Involved In Accident, Some Dead, Others Injured by Nobody: 1:11pm On Feb 08, 2017
piagetskinner:
I'm sure his was caused by over speeding...hausa people Nigerians and over speeding

Rip to the dead

Fixed.

The most reckless driver I have encountered in my life was not a Hausa man by the way
Re: Passengers Travelling To Kaduna Involved In Accident, Some Dead, Others Injured by jimb(m): 1:12pm On Feb 08, 2017
PapaBrowne:
Those drivers on Kaduna Kano road drive recklessly.
no be lie , upon say dey no sabi drive sef

1 Like

Re: Passengers Travelling To Kaduna Involved In Accident, Some Dead, Others Injured by wellmax(m): 1:13pm On Feb 08, 2017
If the injured are taken to Zaria, then the car wasn't coming from Abuja
Re: Passengers Travelling To Kaduna Involved In Accident, Some Dead, Others Injured by Damian077: 1:14pm On Feb 08, 2017
I pray for their quick recovery
Over speeding might be the cause of that accident

1 Like

Re: Passengers Travelling To Kaduna Involved In Accident, Some Dead, Others Injured by onos1979(f): 1:15pm On Feb 08, 2017
kulrunsman79:
Why is that woman holding tight to the hand bag despite seemingly lying helpless?
maybe what is inside the bag is more important than her life,u never can tell.
Re: Passengers Travelling To Kaduna Involved In Accident, Some Dead, Others Injured by oluspicy: 1:17pm On Feb 08, 2017
Its quite unfortunate that such can still happen during this period. It seems that roads constructions and maintenance are being forced unto the government, both present and past. Because if they know about roads, they should have wise up in their endless promises during their campaigns.

Mumu government!

RIP to the dead and speedy recovery to the injured.
Re: Passengers Travelling To Kaduna Involved In Accident, Some Dead, Others Injured by piagetskinner(m): 1:18pm On Feb 08, 2017
9jakohai:

Fixed.

The most reckless driver I have encountered in my life was not a Hausa man by the way

U might b right. but most of them over speed take it or leave it....iv plied that road countless number of times.
Most of the commercial vehicles that ply that route are volkswagen golf cars,overloaded and driven by hausas
Re: Passengers Travelling To Kaduna Involved In Accident, Some Dead, Others Injured by EYIBLESSN(m): 1:20pm On Feb 08, 2017
9jakohai:

OK....let us leave the old Abuja runway alone....till there is a major crash due to its bad state....and people die...and you chaps will come on line to blame the govt....for something.

We should have fixed this thing when GEJ was in office....but you Nigerians refused to agree.

Hmmmmm. By their comments we shall know them.
Who is chaps ? Whether your brother Buhari failed or not is none of my business.
Re: Passengers Travelling To Kaduna Involved In Accident, Some Dead, Others Injured by wtfCode: 1:21pm On Feb 08, 2017
Odikwa egwu
Re: Passengers Travelling To Kaduna Involved In Accident, Some Dead, Others Injured by KAYD007(m): 1:22pm On Feb 08, 2017
Buharimustgo:
That road is not Good,yet the bigots cum slave Amaechi insist on diverting all international flights to Kaduna,just to please his slave masters

hatred and bitterness of the mind is all you have. angry

Don't you know that by re-routing the Abuja international airport temporary to Kaduna will draw more government attention to the state of disrepair of the road which could lead to the eventual repairs?
Re: Passengers Travelling To Kaduna Involved In Accident, Some Dead, Others Injured by Nobody: 1:27pm On Feb 08, 2017
EYIBLESSN:

Hmmmmm. By their comments we shall know them.
Who is chaps ? Whether your brother Buhari failed or not is none of my business.

1.I am not a Northerner, nor am I a PDP or APC supporter. That is for those who like those things.

2.I travelled from the South East to Abuja by air two weeks ago. On landing at the runway, I noted that the runway was bumpy and rough.

3.The reason why Kaduna was chosen is because it is the closest airport that is large enough, and is connected to Abuja by a dual carrigeway(and by a railway too). If Lagos or Enugu was close enough...maybe that would have been the choice.

4.The real problem is that Abuja airport has one runway. If it had two...one could have been closed, and the other one remains open. Abuja also has just one airport. Obviously...this means that Abuja needs two airports.

5.GEJ wanted to repair the runway. Guess who frustrated him....Nigerians from all parties. Funding for the thing was stuck in the Senate. Now...the runway is bad. We have no choice.

6.This is the best option for the PMB government right now. Other options include building runway 2....which takes time, building a second airport...which also takes more than 2 years, or building a raillink between Kano, Lagos and Enugu to Abuja...which takes time too. All of which cannot be done in 2 years.

7.That's the fact.

1 Like

Re: Passengers Travelling To Kaduna Involved In Accident, Some Dead, Others Injured by mfm04622: 1:30pm On Feb 08, 2017
Buharimustgo:
That road is not Good,yet the bigots cum slave Amaechi insist on diverting all international flights to Kaduna,just to please his slave masters

Please carry your hatred away from here! The road is NOT Abuja- Kaduna! If the victims are receiving treatment in Zaria, they are coming from Kano, Katsina or even further away!

In addition, the Abuja-Kaduna is being repaired at the moment.
Re: Passengers Travelling To Kaduna Involved In Accident, Some Dead, Others Injured by mfm04622: 1:33pm On Feb 08, 2017
9jakohai:

1.I am not a Northerner, nor am I a PDP or APC supporter. That is for those who like those things.

2.I travelled from the South East to Abuja by air two weeks ago. On landing at the runway, I noted that the runway was bumpy and rough.

3.The reason why Kaduna was chosen is because it is the closest airport that is large enough, and is connected to Abuja by a dual carrigeway(and by a railway too). If Lagos or Enugu was close enough...maybe that would have been the choice.

4.The real problem is that Abuja airport has one runway. If it had two...one could have been closed, and the other one remains open. Abuja also has just one airport. Obviously...this means that Abuja needs two airports.

5.GEJ wanted to repair the runway. Guess who frustrated him....Nigerians from all parties. Funding for the thing was stuck in the Senate. Now...the runway is bad. We have no choice.

6.This is the best option for the PMB government right now. Other options include building runway 2....which takes time, building a second airport...which also takes more than 2 years, or building a raillink between Kano, Lagos and Enugu to Abuja...which takes time too. All of which cannot be done in 2 years.

7.That's the fact.

On your point 5, the cost of building the 2nd runway was unjustifiable high. That was why people rose against it. All your points make sense.
Re: Passengers Travelling To Kaduna Involved In Accident, Some Dead, Others Injured by EYIBLESSN(m): 1:34pm On Feb 08, 2017
9jakohai:

7.That's the fact.

You just make a point. You insulted my person already. I belongs to no political party. You should had come up with plain argument as this before. When never argument or matter of public importance comes up it should unite us than tearing us apart. I am a Moralist and a Critics without political affiliations.
Re: Passengers Travelling To Kaduna Involved In Accident, Some Dead, Others Injured by Nobody: 1:36pm On Feb 08, 2017
EYIBLESSN:

You just make a point. You insulted my person already. I belongs to no political party. You should had come up with plain argument as this before. When never argument or matter of public importance comes up it should unite us than tearing us apart. I am a Moralist and a Critics without political affiliations.

Noted. Good afternoon to you too.

1 Like

Re: Passengers Travelling To Kaduna Involved In Accident, Some Dead, Others Injured by Mrjaz(m): 1:36pm On Feb 08, 2017
Rip to the dead
Re: Passengers Travelling To Kaduna Involved In Accident, Some Dead, Others Injured by mfm04622: 1:40pm On Feb 08, 2017
kulrunsman79:
Why is that woman holding tight to the hand bag despite seemingly lying helpless?

I remember the story I was told while in Unimaid. One of my school mate was on his way home and witnessed an accident. A trailer carrying goods and passengers was involved in an accident. One of the injured person, (couldn't stand) was shouting for people to help him find his bag. His bag is this maize or beans bag. When they brought it to him, he rolled on top of It!!! Imagine what will be inside to be so valuable! And he travelled in a trailer!!

1 Like

Re: Passengers Travelling To Kaduna Involved In Accident, Some Dead, Others Injured by Holuwahyomzzy: 1:48pm On Feb 08, 2017
RIP to the dead and may God grant speedy recovery to the injured ones.. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Passengers Travelling To Kaduna Involved In Accident, Some Dead, Others Injured by euchariadavid(f): 1:51pm On Feb 08, 2017
What is this?wish you all quick recovery
Re: Passengers Travelling To Kaduna Involved In Accident, Some Dead, Others Injured by IecheM(m): 1:52pm On Feb 08, 2017
A day cannot pass without seeing news of accident, my prayer is that God should continue protecting us.

Rip to the dead
Re: Passengers Travelling To Kaduna Involved In Accident, Some Dead, Others Injured by metallisc(m): 2:02pm On Feb 08, 2017
kulrunsman79:

Re: Passengers Travelling To Kaduna Involved In Accident, Some Dead, Others Injured by Anuoluwapo3054(m): 2:07pm On Feb 08, 2017
Larrykaysail:
RIP, but women and bag, look how she grab her bag lol
even to the point of death, she still remember her bag...smh

1 Like

Re: Passengers Travelling To Kaduna Involved In Accident, Some Dead, Others Injured by juman(m): 2:20pm On Feb 08, 2017
Subhanallah, anybody can die anytime.
Re: Passengers Travelling To Kaduna Involved In Accident, Some Dead, Others Injured by symbianDON(m): 2:30pm On Feb 08, 2017
this accident happened along kaduna-zaria express way and not kaduna-abuja express way as many of the posters think. as of today, there is heavy rehabilitation of the kaduna-abuja express way in preparation for the said relocation of the airport

1 Like

Re: Passengers Travelling To Kaduna Involved In Accident, Some Dead, Others Injured by coptic: 2:34pm On Feb 08, 2017
EYIBLESSN:

WTF! RIP English!
Re: Passengers Travelling To Kaduna Involved In Accident, Some Dead, Others Injured by UchaNwababa: 2:39pm On Feb 08, 2017
A death is meals that everyman can eat one day, and its either comes hot or cold lets not be afraid of it however it may comes. RIP to the Innocent souls
Re: Passengers Travelling To Kaduna Involved In Accident, Some Dead, Others Injured by EYIBLESSN(m): 2:44pm On Feb 08, 2017
coptic:

WTF! RIP English!

Professor. Welcome. You dey lecture for Harvard abi Oxford
Re: Passengers Travelling To Kaduna Involved In Accident, Some Dead, Others Injured by ButterFrost212(f): 2:49pm On Feb 08, 2017
PapaBrowne:
Those drivers on Kaduna Kano road drive recklessly.
Exactly, Hausa people in general drive recklessly. When I schooled in Zaria, I was always praying anytime I was going to kaduna or coming back. Sometimes I prefer the buses, atleast I know they're slow and can easily avoid accidents.
Rip to the dead, and may God continue to protect us, because it's simply by his Grace. sad
Re: Passengers Travelling To Kaduna Involved In Accident, Some Dead, Others Injured by InvertedHammer: 3:00pm On Feb 08, 2017
Icecomrade:
Sad

Cant wait for the government to close Abuja Airport so our Politicians can start travelling on this Kaduna road.

Maybe it will be a blessing in disguise.

/
South African airline and others have refused to fly to Kaduna citing the risks (kidnapping, bad road, Boko Haram) involved in moving passengers from Kaduna-Abuja.

Btw, fixing the runway shouldn't take uo to week.
\
Re: Passengers Travelling To Kaduna Involved In Accident, Some Dead, Others Injured by dozofavour(m): 3:02pm On Feb 08, 2017
jeez kiss

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Think The Most Beautiful Places In Africa Are: / FAAN Releases Lists Of Prohibited Items For Passengers / 10 People Who Survived The Impossible.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.