Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,546 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 (6505 Views)

Poll: Super Eagles Vs Argentina. Predictions?

Argentina wins: 35% (32 votes)
Nigeria wins: 44% (40 votes)
Draw: 20% (18 votes)
This poll has ended

Fifa Launch Argentina Vs Nigeria Match-fixing Probe / Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 / Argentina Vs South Korea [4 - 1] On Thursday 17th June 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 04, 2009
This Is The First Game Of Group B Of The FIFA World Cup, 2010.

What's your reaction?
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by strangleyo: 7:40pm On Dec 04, 2009
well fck

We can win it, but the team has to be firing on all cylinders.
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by Horus(m): 7:42pm On Dec 04, 2009
Interresting Match !!
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by omar22(m): 7:43pm On Dec 04, 2009
Messi always find a way to punish Naija, may be its time for revenge
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by vikiviko(m): 8:03pm On Dec 04, 2009
i HOPE WE PULL THROUGH .
ARGENTINA AGAIN.
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by Katsumoto: 8:18pm On Dec 04, 2009
omar22:

Messi always find a way to punish Naija, may be its time for revenge

This is the time for Mikel to stand up and be counted; we need him to up his game.
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by Nobody: 11:40pm On Dec 04, 2009
@post
Argentina is playing like shyte at the moment so if they dont step up their game play then Nigeria will EASILY beat them!
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 05, 2009
Ok
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by yousouph(m): 11:26am On Dec 05, 2009
Nigeria also not playing well. The players must stand up to be counted. There are no small teams footie these days. Korea and Greece aren't push over. Our defence that cant hold on to a goal lead is just the concern.
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by Nobody: 10:59pm On Dec 05, 2009
emy_nike:

@MrBrown:

I hope soooooooooooooooo! Becos, fear de fear mi !
fear!!!!! nah. if they dont come out first of the group, they will surely come out second.
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by FBS: 11:12pm On Dec 05, 2009
Nothing to fear!
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by AndreUweh(m): 11:37pm On Dec 05, 2009
With Guus Hidink been linked to Argentina, there will be no stoping them.
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by NigeriaUSA(m): 12:41am On Dec 06, 2009
C'mon Nigeria I believe in you! Nigeria will probably face South Africa or Mexico in the round of 16. Both teams are though, but beatable. France will be knocked out early because of "dom". (Nickname for current coach of France, and he is a bad coach)
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by Sagamite(m): 10:53am On Dec 07, 2009
Andre Uweh:

With Guus Hidink been linked to Argentina, there will be no stoping them.

*coughs*

Ordinary Slovenia (coach, Matjaz Kek) stopped Guus Hiddink.
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by AndreUweh(m): 7:36pm On Dec 07, 2009
Argentina is not the same as Russia. Guus has done it at the world cup before.
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by snowdrops(m): 8:32pm On Dec 07, 2009
We have met twice at the world cup and twice they have won.
Man i can see them thumping us 5-0.
Forget this tournament, we are going out in the first round.
We will be lucky to get even a draw against any of the sides in our group.
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by AndreUweh(m): 8:47pm On Dec 07, 2009
At the moment, Argentina can not beat Nigeria. They might in six months time if there is a change of baton in their coaching crew.
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by Sagamite(m): 9:48pm On Dec 07, 2009
Andre Uweh:

Argentina is not the same as Russia. Guus has done it at the world cup before.

And Russia is not stronger than Slovenia?

Where was his "tactical nuance" when it mattered?

Abi no be failure to not be able to lead Russia NOT TO LOSE to a team like Slovenia?
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by Sagamite(m): 9:49pm On Dec 07, 2009
snowdrops:

We have met twice at the world cup and twice they have won.
Man i can see them thumping us 5-0.
Forget this tournament, we are going out in the first round.
We will be lucky to get even a draw against any of the sides in our group.

Under your white coaches? How come we lost under their "superior" tactical prowess?
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by AndreUweh(m): 11:07pm On Dec 07, 2009
Sagamite:

And Russia is not stronger than Slovenia?

Where was his "tactical nuance" when it mattered?

Abi no be failure to not be able to lead Russia NOT TO LOSE to a team like Slovenia?
Russia played 9 players against eleven. Such a situation is very difficult for any coach.
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by Sagamite(m): 12:20am On Dec 08, 2009
Andre Uweh:

Russia played 9 players against eleven. Such a situation is very difficult for any coach.

Erm . . . . . . it was 2 matches that were played o, not one. Did they play the first match with 9 men as well? And the second red card was in injury time when they had obviously lost? So genius Hiddink could not at least draw with Slovenia with 10 men?

If it was Amodu, I wonder whether some on NL would not say he is responsible for the discipline of his players and the bulk stops with the coach. That if they had not allowed Slovenia to score a goal in the 88th minute in Russia making it 2-1, then the 1-0 loss using 10 men would not have mattered. It was lack of his tactical nuance that led to such a late goal and the 2 goals scored by his team was not because of his tactics but rather it was luck. That Russia should not be struggling with a team like Slovenia. That why did he not remove a striker or offensive midfielder in the last 10 mins for a defender or DM. Why was he sitting on the bench like a mumu becuase they were leading by 2 goals instead of standing up and giving instructions. That a tactical coach like Hiddink  grin would have not conceded a late goal or would have finished the away game off by scoring an early goal before the red cards.

Andre, tell me, abi I lie?
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by Sagamite(m): 1:22am On Dec 08, 2009
To the Amodu haters, the more you push me to dig into the background of your world-class coaches, the more you make Amodu look like a genius.

Look at this clip. If it was Amodu's team that scored these 2 goals, it was not due to his tactical input, it was individual brilliance for the first goal and the second was just luck. If it was Amodu's team that conceded such a goal in the 88th minute, it would be Amodu's fault that the players did not close down the guy that took the long range short, why did Amodu use Olofinjana  grin. Amodu can't inspire the teamdumb fuucks.

But if a white man achieves the same  grin or less  grin, then he is an unbelievable GENIUS!  grin

COLO MENTA!!!  grin grin grin

Here is the genius work of the white witch doctor.

[flash=400,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/Pr0AVD0G2-4[/flash]

Is this the defending you want your world class Hiddink to bring to SE? If if was Amodu's team that defended like this, it is the fault of the coach. The dim Amodu critics (like Chuks84) would have said, the team won by luck that Slovenia dominated. The genius Hiddink's Russia did not make a reasonable attack in the first 45 mins with 11 men.  grin

[flash=400,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/WEyDMQi9Nj0&feature=related[/flash]

The ignorance of the arguments of some of the Amodu critics is perplexing, the stu-pidity is stomach-aching and the moro-nicity is just plain annoying.
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by Sagamite(m): 1:38am On Dec 08, 2009
See what ordinary . . . . . just . . . . . . . . only . . . . . . . mere Maradona did to their Hiddink.

So this defending is what they are calling for now to come and lead less talented set of players than Russia to face the same Argentina.

This defending of the team under their world class coach, if he was black then he is clueless, if he is white, that guy na winch naw?  grin

Colo mentality moro-ns.

[flash=400,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/loq_1xlEITM&feature=related[/flash]
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by snowdrops(m): 10:49am On Dec 08, 2009
Sagamite:

Under your white coaches? How come we lost under their "superior" tactical prowess?
You dey dream or something?
Who took Nigeria to Japan/Korea 2002? Na George Bush or na Adegboye Onigbinde.
All these children wey dey come Nairaland sef. angry
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by Sagamite(m): 11:41am On Dec 08, 2009
snowdrops:

You dey dream or something?
Who took Nigeria to Japan/Korea 2002? Na George Bush or na Adegboye Onigbinde.
All these children wey dey come Nairaland sef. angry

And na Obasanjo take them in 1994?

Na Chris Uba take them to 4-1 thrashing by Denmark in 1998?

I have not heard your comments on the defending of a team led by Hiddink. I dey wait.
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by IVORY2009(m): 12:07pm On Dec 08, 2009
Argentina 1 vs Nigeria 2
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by Kratos007(m): 12:13pm On Dec 08, 2009
IVORY2009:

Argentina 1 vs Nigeria 2

dreamer extraordinaire. the yobo that cannot mark out dennis oliech of kenya will hold off messi, aguero and tevez? naija will be the biggest embarassment to africa in the tournament.
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by jaybee3(m): 12:18pm On Dec 08, 2009
and since when did a centre or full back been marking messi?
job of marking messi is for the right or left back to worry about. what we need is a workman defensive midfield player like mascherano (hopefully mikel will rise to the occassion) and correct speedy wing players that can counter attack cos i can bet the argies will leave nuff space for us to explore.

It's going to be evenly balanced game and def not gonna be a massacre that some are predicting
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by Kratos007(m): 12:24pm On Dec 08, 2009
the only time a black man took naija to the world cup, we garnered a whooping 1 point, scoring only one goal in the process and leaving at the group stage. at least in 1994 and 1998, we reached the second round. while i refuse to join the rabid mob of people ignorantly calling for a white coach at all costs, i'm astute enough to realise that amodu is totally bereft of ideas and is clueless as to what it takes to manage a team in this new age of football.
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by Kratos007(m): 12:33pm On Dec 08, 2009
jay bee:

and since when did a centre or full back been marking messi?
job of marking messi is for the right or left back to worry about. what we need is a workman defensive midfield player like mascherano (hopefully mikel will rise to the occassion) and correct speedy wing players that can counter attack cos i can bet the argies will leave nuff space for us to explore.

It's going to be evenly balanced game and def not gonna be a massacre that some are predicting

oh, sorry. my bad. i forgot that messi scores most of his goals from the flanks. anyone hoping that mikel will step up his game is wasting valuable time. if by speedy wing play you mean nsofor, then things are worse than i thought. ikechukwu uche, while being speedy, is a bit deficient in the guile department. he might not even recover in time to make the squad. who else is pacy in the nigerian team? martins? is'nt he the top 9? osaze maybe. that's our best bet. for a team that found it difficult to qualify from a group including mozambique and kenya, the fans are certainly blowing a lot of hot air. let's face the fact that we do not have a good enough team. the defence is woeful, the midfield nonexistent and the forward line epileptic at best. did you watch the nigeria v kenya game in abuja? did you not realise that we scored our 3 goals against the balance of play? please, let's just be content with the fact that we will go to the world cup to mark register and come back. period.
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by jaybee3(m): 12:35pm On Dec 08, 2009
^^
na wa for you oh
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by Sagamite(m): 12:36pm On Dec 08, 2009
Kratos007:

the only time a black man took naija to the world cup, we garnered a whooping 1 point, scoring only one goal in the process and leaving at the group stage. at least in 1994 and 1998, we reached the second round. while i refuse to join the rabid mob of people ignorantly calling for a white coach at all costs, i'm astute enough to realise that amodu is totally bereft of ideas and is clueless as to what it takes to manage a team in this new age of football.

Please explain to me why you think Amodu is bereft of ideas and is clueless as to what it takes to manage a team in this new age of football.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

.:. Louis Van Gaal Is New Super Eagles Coach .:. / 2013/14 English Football Pools / 100% Sure 2+ Odds For All Football Punters Direct To Your Phone.!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.