Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 (6504 Views)

Poll: Super Eagles Vs Argentina. Predictions?

Argentina wins: 35% (32 votes)
Nigeria wins: 44% (40 votes)
Draw: 20% (18 votes)
This poll has ended

Fifa Launch Argentina Vs Nigeria Match-fixing Probe / Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 / Argentina Vs South Korea [4 - 1] On Thursday 17th June 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by buchcares1: 12:45pm On Dec 08, 2009
We are going to win them
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by sheriffman(m): 1:04pm On Dec 08, 2009
I think it's a bit premature to predict the outcome of that world cup game now,I believe we should all be patient until the end of the nations Cup and then we will truly know what the Super Eagles crew and players have in stock for us.However let us remember that Argentina @ d moment is not having the best of times .They, like Nigeria had to wait until the last group game before sealing their fate.The team that will be able to put it's house in other will definately come out top that day.cos truly speaking there's not much difference between both teams for now.
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by Kratos007(m): 1:06pm On Dec 08, 2009
Sagamite:

Please explain to me why you think Amodu is bereft of ideas and is clueless as to what it takes to manage a team in this new age of football.

a coach that says he does not need any friendly game to tune up his players before a crucial world cup qualifying tie? maybe its the way he just stands and mopes when games do not go well for naija? we want to see our coach dishing out instructions, not standing and hugging the stanchions of the dugout stands. has amodu ever watched a local league game while being super eagles coach? we all see capello, lippi, maradona, dunga et al doing that. mark my words. amodu will fail miserably first at the nations cup, then at the world stage.
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by Sagamite(m): 1:20pm On Dec 08, 2009
Kratos007:

a coach that says he does not need any friendly game to tune up his players before a crucial world cup qualifying tie?

When was this?

What is wrong with that?

If he plays a friendly and some of his key players get injured, who would you blame when they lose?

Do you know how much football his players had played before the WCQ match and he did not want to overdo it with another friendly on top?

Kratos007:

maybe its the way he just stands and mopes when games do not go well for naija? we want to see our coach dishing out instructions, not standing and hugging the stanchions of the dugout stands. has amodu ever watched a local league game while being super eagles coach? we all see capello, lippi, maradona, dunga et al doing that. mark my words. amodu will fail miserably first at the nations cup, then at the world stage.

Sorry, where did you see him stand and mope?

Do you want me to take the pleasure of humiliating this ridiculous postulations by digging out videos that show him directing his team?

Do you realise the number of games we have seen Amodu make substitutions in the team that resulted in critical goals?

So why are you chatting this crap?
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by BinghiNya(m): 2:01pm On Dec 08, 2009
Even if fergie.wenger and guardiola sit on naija's bench, Argentina will still wipe Nigeria. In 1994, argentina qualified through play off and still did enough to beat Nigeria. A massacre by the messi led squad if Nigeria decides to attack
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by MUZBO(m): 2:50pm On Dec 08, 2009
Why this poster dey rush sef? Why can't you ask this question on the 1st of June 2010 or do you know all that could happen before then?
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 08, 2009
@ snowdrop,

You and your negativities had better vamoosed from this thread. If you choose to be a failure that is your business, but please don't generalize it at all, we don't need your type here. When Nigeria carries the cup, he will be the first person to open stout, nonsense.
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by Ben13: 3:24pm On Dec 08, 2009
Nigeria wins!
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by Nezan(m): 3:31pm On Dec 08, 2009
I dont have confidence in our coach and players, so I wont predict. lipsrsealed
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by rbn: 4:01pm On Dec 08, 2009
cool, feel free to predict other team matches on leekweed.
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by Maxidoe(m): 4:08pm On Dec 08, 2009
Sagamite:

When was this?

What is wrong with that?

If he plays a friendly and some of his key players get injured, who would you blame when they lose?

Do you know how much football his players had played before the WCQ match and he did not want to overdo it with another friendly on top?

Sorry, where did you see him stand and mope?

Do you want me to take the pleasure of humiliating this ridiculous postulations by digging out videos that show him directing his team?

Do you realise the number of games we have seen Amodu make substitutions in the team that resulted in critical goals?

So why are you chatting this crap?

You are just not being honest with yourself and i must confess u hate super eagles more than anytin, why are u having blind hope?do you really know football, am asking this cos u made some childish and dumb comments.U mean their is nothing wrong with not playing friendlies(why do u think teams go for pre season?why do you think most serious footballing nations play friendlies at every FIFA free weekends) And for you to think Amodu is the best to lead us to the world cup,i know your type would have already prepared excuses for his failure,cos u know he would fail,but seems u have fun in fooling your selves.

We might qualify from that group,but we can never beat Argentina with our present coach and squad.
Aguero,milito,Teves,Mascherano,messi,Zaneti.then compare with Yobo,Taiwo,Nwaneri,Odia,Olofinjana,Mikel,Martins,Yakubu, Dreamers pls wake up, wake up,
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by Sagamite(m): 4:16pm On Dec 08, 2009
Maxidoe:

You are just not being honest with yourself and i must confess u hate super eagles more than anytin, why are u having blind hope?do you really know football, am asking this cos u made some childish and dumb comments.U mean their is nothing wrong with not playing friendlies(why do u think teams go for pre season?why do you think most serious footballing nations play friendlies at every FIFA free weekends) And for you to think Amodu is the best to lead us to the world cup,i know your type would have already prepared excuses for his failure,cos u know he would fail,but seems u have fun in fooling your selves.

We might qualify from that group,but we can never beat Argentina with our present coach and squad.
Aguero,milito,Teves,Mascherano,messi,Zaneti.then compare with Yobo,Taiwo,Nwaneri,Odia,Olofinjana,Mikel,Martins,Yakubu, Dreamers pls wake up, wake up,

Are you saying every country can afford a friendly? Did you fart that out of your brain?

Now tell me why Amodu is not fit to take us to the WC. Be specific with your reasons, I am giving you benefit of doubt that you are intelligent enough to know how to give specific reasons, so please don't disappoint me.

Then tell me your top 5 coaches that you would prefer to take us to the WC 2010 and why you feel they are better suited. Try and make sure your choices are realistic, so don't come with crap like Ferguson, Mourinho, Wenger, Capello etc.
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by eddiebomba(m): 4:20pm On Dec 08, 2009
BinghiNya:

Even if fergie.wenger and guardiola sit on naija's bench, Argentina will still wipe Nigeria. In 1994, argentina qualified through play off and still did enough to beat Nigeria. A massacre by the messi led squad if Nigeria decides to attack

Pessimists - pure pessimists! The way nigerians reacted after the loss - sorry, draw! tongue tongue tongue - to tunisia(they gave up jus too easily on the team after that match), and the way we are reacting to the team and shuaibu amodu now have shown me one simple truth: NAIJA FANS NO GET HEART AT ALL angry angry angry!!!we haven't even played nations cup yet and already some people're turning prophets of doom! this is why israel couldnt enter the promised land God had given them - because they saw giants like we're seeing now(messi, aguero, js park, gago &co - as if these short guys are giants at all cheesy cheesy), & they chickened out!!!thank god we the fans aren't the ones playing the ball
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by Maxidoe(m): 4:27pm On Dec 08, 2009
eddiebomba:

Pessimists - pure pessimists! The way nigerians reacted after the loss - sorry, draw! tongue tongue tongue - to tunisia(they gave up jus too easily on the team after that match), and the way we are reacting to the team and shuaibu amodu now have shown me one simple truth: NAIJA FANS NO GET HEART AT ALL angry angry angry!!!we haven't even played nations cup yet and already some people're turning prophets of doom! this is why israel couldnt enter the promised land God had given them - because they saw giants like we're seeing now(messi, aguero, js park, gago &co - as if these short guys are giants at all cheesy cheesy), & they chickened out!!!thank god we the fans aren't the ones playing the ball

We are realists and not pessimists,but for u pple that see the truth and shy away from it and hide under the guise of faith.What have u done to please God,is it when ur players lie about their age,when NFF squanders money,when NFF put square peg in round hole,when money changes hands for players to be included in the squad,when players are not chosen based on merit,is that the kind of place you think God dwells,Our God is not a God of confusion he dwells in those who does his wills.The truth is that Amodu does not have the technical input to be the coach of our national team,he does not have the pedigree to lead any country to the world cup,
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by eddiebomba(m): 4:27pm On Dec 08, 2009
This is to every one who is so skeptical about the chances of the Super eagles at the world cup in South Africa - if you think our team is bad, if you think amodu is not good, then you need to go north to a certain team of REAL chickens - tricolore style. I have several reasons why our team is, on current form, better than Raymond Domenech's les bleus:

1.  though both teams struggled to qualify, and have controversial coaches (as if having a controversial coach is ever a bad thing!),amodu has done a better job than domenech - he is one of only 8 coaches world wide that played the entire qualifiers and qualified unbeaten; france lost out on top spot to serbia

2.  nigeria qualified cleanly; france - well, u all know the shere-were game henry and fifa played on the brave Irish

3.  as if to buttress my point, France lost to a second string amodu-led Nigeria with almost all their stars on parade(who can forget IK uche and akpala of all people turning a whole evra, anelka, benzema et al into schoolboys

And you all say we should sack amodu? when he has results other teams would kill to have? i think not    angry angry angry

I maintain, and i will keep saying this -[size=8pt] NAIJA BETTER PAS FRANCE!!!![/size] - & WE DONT NEED A FOREIGN COACH - at least not now
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by Sagamite(m): 4:33pm On Dec 08, 2009
eddiebomba:

Nigerians are frustrated people, most have nothing positive going on in their lives. The only joy they get from Nigeria is football.

They are transposing this frustration of failures in Nigeria on Amodu. They see him as holding the key to their only source of pride in their nation.

In other sane countries, if their football teams are scoring vital goals in the last moments, the players and coach would be heroes.

For some reason, these frustrated bunch think all teams should lie down and be ra-ped by their slightly above average, not in top 3 football teams in Africa SE.

They think these bunch of players have a birthright to ANC 2010 and several conquests in the WC 2010 to at least QF, and possibly SF. Bloody dreamers.

And anything short of soccer ra-pe of opposition is a failure except when achieved by a white man.
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by eddiebomba(m): 4:49pm On Dec 08, 2009
Maxidoe:

We are realists and not pessimists,but for u pple that see the truth and shy away from it and hide under the guise of faith.What have u done to please God,is it when your players lie about their age,when NFF squanders money,when NFF put square peg in round hole,when money changes hands for players to be included in the squad,when players are not chosen based on merit,is that the kind of place you think God dwells,Our God is not a God of confusion he dwells in those who does his wills.The truth is that Amodu does not have the technical input to be the coach of our national team,he does not have the pedigree to lead any country to the world cup,

Lemme say that the one reason you're talking like this is that you're still trying to get over the disappointment of the draw with tunisia - u're not even happy we qualified from a losing position, like a true champion. I ask you - if your favorite club(arsenal, chelsea, man u, barca etc.) were 2pts behind going into the final day of the league and they still won the trophy on the final day, would you call for the head of fergie, wenger or guardiola ? Nigeria, why the double standard? Let's face it: we dont believe in our own as a people! angry angry angry

And let me remind you that no country has ever won the world cup with a foreign coach(sorry England fans grin grin grin) so Amodu looks like our best bet for now. I'm sorry o - as much as i understand the misgivings of many people over amodu, I cant call for his sack now- I cant, not with the results he has(that's why real madrid are playing second fiddle to barca now,cos dem dey change coach like wrapper sad sad)!!Let's wait for the nations cup first. For now, know this : [b]Amodu may have disappointed us[against tunisia], but he hasn't failed us [we qualified, didn't we?][/b]
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by Maxidoe(m): 4:49pm On Dec 08, 2009
eddiebomba:

This is to every one who is so skeptical about the chances of the Super eagles at the world cup in South Africa - if you think our team is bad, if you think amodu is not good, then you need to go north to a certain team of REAL chickens - tricolore style. I have several reasons why our team is, on current form, better than Raymond Domenech's les bleus:

1. though both teams struggled to qualify, and have controversial coaches (as if having a controversial coach is ever a bad thing!),amodu has done a better job than domenech - he is one of only 8 coaches world wide that played the entire qualifiers and qualified unbeaten; france lost out on top spot to serbia

2. nigeria qualified cleanly; france - well, u all know the shere-were game henry and fifa played on the brave Irish

3. as if to buttress my point, France lost to a second string amodu-led Nigeria with almost all their stars on parade(who can forget IK uche and akpala of all people turning a whole evra, anelka, benzema et al into schoolboys

And you all say we should sack amodu? when he has results other teams would kill to have? i think not angry angry angry

I maintain, and i will keep saying this -[size=8pt] NAIJA BETTER PAS FRANCE!!!![/size] - & WE DONT NEED A FOREIGN COACH - at least not now

Am gonna respond to your 3rd point,that team you call second string ought to be the main team,while the so call 1st team,should be the 2nd string,but no Amodu does not have the courage,guts, to stick with the best,he must include the powers that be in the team,ma guy a coach with high level of sentiments in selecting players is doomed to fail.I said it after that match that only if Amodu can stick with these boys,but i knew he wont,cos he dosent have what it takes,

Sagamite:

Nigerians are frustrated people, most have nothing positive going on in their lives. The only joy they get from Nigeria is football.

They are transposing this frustration of failures in Nigeria on Amodu. They see him as holding the key to their only source of pride in their nation.

In other sane countries, if their football teams are scoring vital goals in the last moments, the players and coach would be heroes.

For some reason, these frustrated bunch think all teams should lie down and be ra-ped by their slightly above average, not in top 3 football teams in Africa SE.

They think these bunch of players have a birthright to ANC 2010 and several conquests in the WC 2010 to at least QF, and possibly SF. Bloody dreamers.

And anything short of soccer ra-pe of opposition is a failure except when achieved by a white man.

Its so sad you are quoting the words of a retard in Amodu,i actually listened to this interview,and this was the same crap he spewed.I dont knw why u guys think football is the only thin that make Nigerians happy.

How many percent of Nigerians actually watch and have interest in football?

When last did the Nigerian national team win anything at the senior level?Source of pride my foot,that pride was lost after 1996,and Nigerians should have put it behind them ,so i dont know how they are transferring the failures in Nigeria to Amodu,dumb i must say,like i have said Super eagles died since 1996.Please dont take Amodu serious,he would only make you look like a dunce.
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by Maxidoe(m): 5:01pm On Dec 08, 2009
eddiebomba:

Lemme say that the one reason you're talking like this is that you're still trying to get over the disappointment of the draw with tunisia - u're not even happy we qualified from a losing position, like a true champion. I ask you - if your favorite club(arsenal, chelsea, man u, barca etc.) were 2pts behind going into the final day of the league and they still won the trophy on the final day, would you call for the head of fergie, wenger or guardiola ? Nigeria, why the double standard? Let's face it: we dont believe in our own as a people! angry angry angry

And let me remind you that no country has ever won the world cup with a foreign coach(sorry England fans grin grin grin) so Amodu looks like our best bet for now. I'm sorry o - as much as i understand the misgivings of many people over amodu, I cant call for his sack now- I cant, not with the results he has(that's why real madrid are playing second fiddle to barca now,cos dem dey change coach like wrapper sad sad)!!Let's wait for the nations cup first

You got me and i wont deny it,still very disappointed in Amodu and may not be happy we qualified.But felt sorry for Nigerian football the day Amodu was appointed,cos he has nothing to offer,was not what we really needed at that time for our football.A coach has alot to do in terms of developing football,same old players,i mean no new talent.
You guys said we should wait till after nations cup,what if he fails,wont it be too late to appoint a foreign coach,cos the european season would end towards may ending and nations cup kicks off 10th June or so,so what time would the new coach have?
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by Sagamite(m): 5:12pm On Dec 08, 2009
Maxidoe:

Its so sad you are quoting the words of a retard in Amodu,i actually listened to this interview,and this was the same crap he spewed.I dont knw why u guys think football is the only thin that make Nigerians happy.

How many percent of Nigerians actually watch and have interest in football?

When last did the Nigerian national team win anything at the senior level?Source of pride my foot,that pride was lost after 1996,and Nigerians should have put it behind them ,so i dont know how they are transferring the failures in Nigeria to Amodu,dumb i must say,like i have said Super eagles died since 1996.Please dont take Amodu serious,he would only make you look like a dunce.

I actually observed that independently by just reading some of the post of Nigerians on NL after SE matches.

- The e-diotic criticism of defensive errors that happens to even Man U, Spain or Brazil.

- The mo-ronic criticism of Amodu that he looks clueless when his substitutions are delivering goals as result or he celebrated a goal like if coaches don't

- The imbeci-lic postulations that all Amodu's success is luck or due to individual brilliance or players are figuring out what to do on the pitch by themselves.

- The silly reference to white coaches that have worse records than Amodu and have a history full of the errors (which are normal in football) that Amodu is being condemned of. Some mo-rons are even calling for Westerhof that has not been in football for close to 10 years and has a worse record with SE than Amodu.

It lead me to 2 conclusions:

1) Colo mentality
2) Nigerian frustration
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by eddiebomba(m): 5:25pm On Dec 08, 2009
I maintain: NAIJA FANS NO GET HEART AT ALL angry angry angry angry angry cry cry cry cry
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by PurestBoy(m): 5:31pm On Dec 08, 2009
3:0 minimum
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by eddiebomba(m): 5:34pm On Dec 08, 2009
PurestBoy:

3:0 minimum

for who?
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by Sagamite(m): 5:57pm On Dec 08, 2009
See goals England are conceding, are the defensive errors of their world class team of Ferdinand, Terry, Cole, Neville, Brown any better than Amodu's Echiejiles, Apams, Yobos, Nwaneris, Shittu?

Capello is a tactical genius if his team is scoring from set pieces but Amodu is clueless (and the players are the ones figuring out what to do on the pitch) when his team are scoring brilliant team goals.

See the defending of England for the goal Croatia scored. If that was Amodu that was coach, what would these fooools say?

On the other hand, look at the defending of Croatia under the coaching star Bilic. I bet if Bilic was appointed to lead SE now, some people would be rejoicing, at least he is white so they cannot see his faults or they ignore it. If it was Amodu's team that defended like that, some foools would be chatting rubbish since they know nothing about football.

Mooooooooooorons these Amodu critics are. Absolute Moooooooorons.

[flash=400,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/xBgNl9yTS9k&feature=related[/flash]

[flash=400,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/Og4aa43MnHQ[/flash]

[flash=400,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/c7kvDm5kKiw[/flash]
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by Mrdani1luv: 6:09pm On Dec 08, 2009
Wetin super chicken wan play. .

We've seen the best of dele momodu, emm etc sha. .

They're loosing this match I bet. .

Same thing that happened btw Barca vs Shepe grin
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by PurestBoy(m): 6:40pm On Dec 08, 2009
eddiebomba:

for who?

use ur imagination young man and stop asking stupid question
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by dani1luv: 6:49pm On Dec 08, 2009
gbam!!!
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by Sagamite(m): 7:16pm On Dec 08, 2009
See the "useless" SE under Amodu.

See the team Amodu can not motivate and get them playing like a team.

See how rubbish their football is and Amodu is "sitting down", "looking" clueless on the bench.

[flash=400,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/5OqESvD2gGM[/flash]
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by Maxidoe(m): 9:08am On Dec 09, 2009
Sagamite:

See goals England are conceding, are the defensive errors of their world class team of Ferdinand, Terry, Cole, Neville, Brown any better than Amodu's Echiejiles, Apams, Yobos, Nwaneris, Shittu?

Capello is a tactical genius if his team is scoring from set pieces but Amodu is clueless (and the players are the ones figuring out what to do on the pitch) when his team are scoring brilliant team goals.

See the defending of England for the goal Croatia scored. If that was Amodu that was coach, what would these fooools say?

On the other hand, look at the defending of Croatia under the coaching star Bilic. I bet if Bilic was appointed to lead SE now, some people would be rejoicing, at least he is white so they cannot see his faults or they ignore it. If it was Amodu's team that defended like that, some foools would be chatting rubbish since they know nothing about football.

Mooooooooooorons these Amodu critics are. Absolute Moooooooorons.

[flash=400,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/xBgNl9yTS9k&feature=related[/flash]

[flash=400,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/Og4aa43MnHQ[/flash]

[flash=400,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/c7kvDm5kKiw[/flash]

I dont really get your argument,are you saying Amodu is as tactically sound as Capelo?are you saying Yobo,Nwaneri,Shitu,Echiejile are as good as Ferdinand, Terry, Cole?i hope thats not what you are insinuating cos if it is,then am more than convinced you dont know a jack about football.Or maybe you are just catching ur fun,or just wanna contribute to any topic even though you dont know anything about it,i wont be shocked if you have never watched a football match.
Am a Nigerian and i want the best for the Super Eagles,if Amodu is good i wont condemn him,but the truth is we need someone better.Westerhof is sure not the answer,but in a previous post,you said something like Amodu has achieved more than Westerhof, how did u get to that conclusion.If u dont know Westerhof is the last coach that won the nations cup for you,he took you to your first ever world cup,where your performance was more than great.But really if i must say you are leaving in a fool's paradise and i hope you would be here in January to give us excuses for his failure
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010 by Sagamite(m): 3:02pm On Dec 09, 2009
Maxidoe:

Am a Nigerian and i want the best for the Super Eagles,if Amodu is good i wont condemn him,but the truth is we need someone better.

Can you first expand on this before I respond to the lot.

So you think Amodu is not good? Why is he not good?

And name 5 better people you have in mind that are attainable and you think would be better or even best for Super Eagles.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

.:. Louis Van Gaal Is New Super Eagles Coach .:. / 2013/14 English Football Pools / 100% Sure 2+ Odds For All Football Punters Direct To Your Phone.!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.