Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,629 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Can A Tenant Have Guests? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can A Tenant Have Guests? (16813 Views)

What Is Your Worst Experience With A Tenant? / Can A Rented Apartment Contribute To The Downfall Or Growth Of A Tenant? / Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by omenkaLives(m): 7:04am On Feb 10, 2017
Never rent an apartment in a property where the property owner lives.

1 Like

Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by ashala(m): 7:04am On Feb 10, 2017
hedonistic:
Orishirishi. There's not much lawyers can do for you under the circumstances, as you're obviously dealing with a very troublesome landlady. Even if you prove that you are entitled to having guests visit you (depending on whether you read the fine print of your tenancy agreement), it wouldn't stop the mad woman from making life a living hell for you.

The only real solution is to quietly endure the nonsense and move out of the house as soon as you can.

That's why I always advise anyone who cares to listen to avoid renting an apartment in a compound where the landlord is resident. More often then not, resident landlords are impossible to deal with. After dem don chop your rent money finish, your presence for the house go dey irritate them. Yeye people. If you know you like privacy, why rent out portions of your house? You can't have your cake and eat it.

Best advice ever
Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by FromZeroToHero(m): 7:06am On Feb 10, 2017
Bros start looking for another house. The same thing happened to my brother inlaw. He left the house despite the fact that he has two months left for his rent to expire. Also avoid a house whereby the landlord or landlady stays in the same compound. Good luck bro.

1 Like

Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by BTT(m): 7:07am On Feb 10, 2017
She has insecurity fears.

Na wetin Trump self wan dey do be that now
Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by mormoney85(m): 7:08am On Feb 10, 2017
sorry u cnt do anything about it, look for a another house u should hv ask for d rules b4 movin in this time landlord not landlady grin

but pls ask people around including other tenants b4 moving in
Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by Enoquin(f): 7:08am On Feb 10, 2017
lipsrsealed Eeya! And here I have all manner of people coming to visit and some sleeping over and not a word from my Landlord or his wife who live here too. In fact my landlord wife's kind is rare.
It was here in Uyo that I heard some Landlords will not even want your siblings or more than 1 person staying with you; and the silly reason is they do not want the soak-away to fill up fast shocked

2 Likes

Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by ShoProperties(m): 7:08am On Feb 10, 2017
Am actually abiding with her rules for now till rent expires as i still have 6 months rent to use but will leave before it expires . All this started 3 months after i moved in . I called the caretaker to settle all this but he was so scared to talk to her . Till i build my own house . This will be the last time i will stay in the same house with landlord and landlady . My first time of renting leaves me with a bad taste . Even my family have stoped coming around because of this
Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by amazon14: 7:14am On Feb 10, 2017
Pack out of the house, and any new place you move in ask for terms and conditions duly signed by both of you. Don't take any legal action because we don't have any in Nigeria.
Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by ikukuhero: 7:14am On Feb 10, 2017
Before I moved into my house, I asked about visitation rights from the landlord to avoid long stories. Please, move out of that house and avoid living in the same compound with your house owner because they could be a thorn in one's flesh.
Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by 2shur: 7:15am On Feb 10, 2017
baba..fuc the rent.
ma face me ai face u or wetin
she na adolf Hitler or wetin.
upon all yhe hustle u doing..u still a fucking prisoner men.
wtf shes jobless and uses you as her permanent tv watch live view...if u go out to buy bag of water..she go attack u..if i dey smoke sk.....ah pokice go visit u.
if u bring chic..d landlady go beat u guys to stupor.
its just one basic property protection poverty mentality shiiiit.
they never eva thought and imagined they own a propery..so every other tom dick and harry appears as a threat to her property.
fuc your rent..and move out asap..theres a 78 percent of possibility that its either shes part of d tic group son.
wen i say tic..i mean in terms like she may be occultic..have ritualistic intentions....or probably a strong witch..baba no go die like fowl o.
nor dey follow woman dey drag her property.
kukuma go rentroom n parlor or 2bedroom
Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by NemzySeries(m): 7:15am On Feb 10, 2017
shez a bitter woman.... once had such a woman in my diploma days in mkd, shez ova 60, no husband and kids so everything jst irritates her..... get a new place and relocate instead of fighting back
Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by bensine: 7:15am On Feb 10, 2017
Are u living in the house free? With all due respect, if u are not under a spell, u should av packed out of that house. U don't need a prophet to tell u that or come here and seek for advise. Get a new apartment that suit u...
Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by Bhuldoxxa(m): 7:17am On Feb 10, 2017
dsettingz:
There was we call tenant court, u should report him there, unless this is clearly defined on ur contract agreements, else he has no right, cos he has just transferred his interest on the property to u,

Meanwhile

hello nairalanders, pls if u have any legit job I can do to make a living, pls help me out.
Presently am dropping out of my HND program at Mapoly due to lack of fund for the skul fee. Pls am not here to beg for fund but only a job to move on, I was one of the victim of the popular ponzi scheme, I've worked for 2years to send myself back to skul, only for me to get hooked up with the ponzi scheme at the very last minute so I can afford my rent, after paying school fee, I ended up loosing all my savings worth over 160k. Now am dropping out of skul because of 51k skul fee.
But I believe that God knows best. You can throw jabs at me I don't mind, all I want is Pls find me a job, not really necessary an office work, preferably weekly wages, I had nothing to move on with me now. If u are reading this, and U have a slot to engage me with Pls don't hesitate. I can work in any field if am been put through, I can travel if there is guarantee of accommodation
I have ND in Estate management with Upper credit.
This is my WhatsApp contact O7O 33266193, I stay in Abeokuta.
Pls do help me rebroadcast this
Thanks In anticipation.

Silver nor gold I have, my advise to you is to defer the semester to avoid forfeiting the admission. And all the best of lucks in your search.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by Bujumbura(m): 7:18am On Feb 10, 2017
ShoProperties:
Am actually abiding with her rules for now till rent expires as i still have 6 months rent to use but will leave before it expires . All this started 3 months after i moved in . I called the caretaker to settle all this but he was so scared to talk to her . Till i build my own house . This will be the last time i will stay in the same house with landlord and landlady . My first time of renting leaves me with a bad taste . Even my family have stoped coming around because of this
Tell her off. She can't bully you no matter the reasons.
Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by Nobody: 7:18am On Feb 10, 2017
what's the nature of the house? is it a family setting where u rent a room? Help us understand your complaint. The land lady might have her reasons if the setting is that way
Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by ShoProperties(m): 7:20am On Feb 10, 2017
uddeze:
what's the nature of the house? is it a family setting where u rent a room? Help us understand your complaint. The land lady might have her reasons if the setting is that way
it is a family setting house .
Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by Bhuldoxxa(m): 7:21am On Feb 10, 2017
Maybe she's grooming you for her son somewhere in obodo oyinbo.

1 Like

Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by dsettingz(m): 7:23am On Feb 10, 2017
Bhuldoxxa:

Silver nor gold I have, my advise to you is to defer the semester to avoid forfeiting the admission. And all the best of lucks in your search.
Defer like how?

1 Like

Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by Nobody: 7:23am On Feb 10, 2017
ShoProperties:
it is a family setting house .
sorry but once ya rent elapses just move out. No need to stay. I have been in same situation back in school and it wasn't nice.
Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by dudleythed(m): 7:28am On Feb 10, 2017
Its better u pack out to avoid having problem with your lsndlady.
Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by oglalasioux(m): 7:30am On Feb 10, 2017
There are people born that way. She might not have any reason except showing you she owns the property. Such people are acute sufferers of inferiority complex.

1 Like

Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by sollybaby(f): 7:30am On Feb 10, 2017
just poison her..simple

1 Like

Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by Sanchez01: 7:32am On Feb 10, 2017
Female landlords are by far the most difficult to deal with. If it's a family setting house, then know you cannot do much. Those types of houses should be avoided at all cost. You just might end up being treated as the woman's blossoming teenage son.

Just wait for your rent to elapse and then move out.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by Chpstcks(m): 7:35am On Feb 10, 2017
the earlier you move out the better for you. something is amiss and she is afraid of being caught off guard. #my2cents
ShoProperties:
Usually a tenant is allowed to have guests visit the property. But my landlady does not want me to have any . even when my family comes around to visit me she do harass them , she always tell me to bring any visitor am having to her first before i take them into my house , i got mad and yield at her then she locked the main gate to the house just to stop me from bringing in car to the house ,even if my family or friends comes visiting they will have to park there car on the road and not in the compound . the other day my dry cleaner brought my cloths to the house she walked the man out saying she does not want any stranger in her house that if i need his service it should be outside the house that i should not bring in any body to the house . lawyers in the house what can be done to stop this
Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by barajo1(m): 7:40am On Feb 10, 2017
Give her what she want. Shikena
Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by ShoProperties(m): 7:50am On Feb 10, 2017
Sanchez01:
Female landlords are by far the most difficult to deal with. If it's a family setting house, then know you cannot do much. Those types of houses should be avoided at all cost. You just might end up being treated as the woman's blossoming teenage son.

Just wait for your rent to elapse and then move out.
yes
Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by Nobody: 7:54am On Feb 10, 2017
what nonsense, all these fetish house owners. never rent a house that has its owner living in the same compound.
Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by oyeb15: 7:54am On Feb 10, 2017
Maybe u are to blame. Na only you wey all ur friends , toasters, boyfriends , suger anything go dey visit all the time. I once had a landlady like dat back then when I was living in a room in a flat. The woman was very mean on who ever comes to her house. I enjoyed it & whenever my babe comes, I introduce her & no problem. But, there is this lady living close to my room, haaaa. Course mate's, church members, sugar dadies, toasters, boyfriends , mugus etc always parade her room. Sometimes I wonder how 9 asbestos go contains like 15 people @ once.
She had serious problem with d landlady .Even myself, I always feel very angry& unconfortable cos whenever am chilling in d passage, people (both ugly,crazy& handsome) will be greeting me , asking 4 her room. I wonder cos am not her Secretary na. Whenever I cautioned her, she will say like d OP that they are her family. Lady.....check ur ways.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by Nobody: 8:02am On Feb 10, 2017
E just be like the one wey de around my area, the landlady say all gen must be turned off at 10pm. Ehn, for where? With this hot weather? Na him I ask am, only if your house na the finest for nigeria I go do am. She say make i leave, I wan laugh sheath for body. Arrant nonsense.
Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by tete7000(m): 8:03am On Feb 10, 2017
You are dealing with a paranoid person. Its going to take a lot of understanding and patience on your side to live with her, but its not impossible.
Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by chiwuike20: 8:04am On Feb 10, 2017
Go see your lawyer
Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by ShoProperties(m): 8:05am On Feb 10, 2017
hedonistic:
Orishirishi. There's not much lawyers can do for you under the circumstances, as you're obviously dealing with a very troublesome landlady. Even if you prove that you are entitled to having guests visit you (depending on whether you read the fine print of your tenancy agreement), it wouldn't stop the mad woman from making life a living hell for you.

The only real solution is to quietly endure the nonsense and move out of the house as soon as you can.

That's why I always advise anyone who cares to listen to avoid renting an apartment in a compound where the landlord is resident. More often than not, resident landlords are impossible to coexist with. After dem don chop your rent money finish, your presence for the house go dey irritate them. Yeye people. If you know you like privacy, why rent out portions of your house? You can't have your cake and eat it too.
exactly why rent out if your privacy means a lot to u

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Pushes For Lower Cement Price, Adoption Of Concrete Roads / VERY IMPORTANT: Why Nigerian Civil Engineers Blame Architects/their Incompetence / Classy Iron Works

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.