Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,255 members, 7,846,172 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds (15267 Views)

The Enduring Legacies Of A Seasoned Parliamentarian, Davematics David E Ombugadu / Navy's 'Operation Octopus Grip' In Bayelsa, Delta Set To Be Launched / Breaking! Nigerians Voted On Igbo Presidency In 2019. See Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by vanbonattel: 1:24pm On Feb 12, 2017
Eledan:

i can guarantee you that with your 100% or nothing approach, you will always lose in Nigeria.

Come to think of losing, who really lost? With IDP camps in yoruba land, who lost. Forget the skyscraper in lagos. Your people are really suffering, and smiling! grin

2 Likes

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Eledan: 1:31pm On Feb 12, 2017
vanbonattel:

Come to think of losing, who really lost? With IDP camps in yoruba land, who lost. Forget the skyscraper in lagos. Your people are really suffering, and smiling! grin

Meanwhile between the time you made this comment and my reply more than 10 luxurious buses are discharging new internal refugees from ibo land into the SW and more are dropping off.
Your homeland is becoming desolate every day and you are shouting IDp in the most prosperous region in Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by vanbonattel: 2:15pm On Feb 12, 2017
Eledan:

Meanwhile between the time you made this comment and my reply more than 10 luxurious buses are discharging new internal refugees from ibo land into the SW and more are dropping off.
Your homeland is becoming desolate every day and you are shouting IDp in the most prosperous region in Nigeria
Sure grin And every Xmas, those lagos based refugees come back and build upstairs and leave enough cash for their old mama in the village in Igboland. And off we go again to gather our money.

Who lost? grin

3 Likes

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Yujin(m): 2:21pm On Feb 12, 2017
TheSociopath:
A word is enough for the wise. You can continue your agitation. I'm not tribalistic but maybe the next civil war will reduce the Nigerian Igbos to just 2000 in total population.
Well, the Yoruba heartland will witness the worst bloodshed if Nigeria tows the part of another civil war. You guys are certainly not on the fence. It has been established already. Time will tell. The savagery that will be displayed will make the world scream. Like the Jews, we shall never sleep until our land is secured from demons. Pressure is rising already.

1 Like

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Yujin(m): 2:43pm On Feb 12, 2017
StOla:

Those that have sea, have seaports like Apapa like Onne, like Calabar.

Ondo and Ogun with sea don't have seaport, so why is landlocked SouthEast complaining about seaport? Must you always associate the SE with the SS to have some legitimacy? Is the SE that irrelevant?
Can a castrated man complain about not having children?

Nigerians whose monies where taken in the East and in the banks in Benin by Biafra, did not get a penny from anyone. You should be happy that you even got something after forcing the country to fight a war that is not meant to be a cash crop precipitating economic growth. Besides you got all the allocations accrueable to the East after the war. The hated Awolowo ensured you did, and also credited the banks to ensure loans can be easily sourced to revive the economy of that region.

Any contraband would always be siezed and disposed of as the customs/government deem fit. No concessions would be made no matter the crocodile tears shed by the tribe committing the offence of criminal importation of goods. Or is contraband now know as Igbo goods? Or in typical victim-complex disorder, the contraband was targeted at Igbos?

Quota system and federal character is good. It ensures you don't cry like a baby when a greedy tribe like yours siezes power and behave like you did in the aftermath of independence with the NCNC providing the administrative resources in the alliance with NPC. You long for those days, but you killed it with your greed.

In one breath you canvassed for fair representation, but in another greedy Igbo breath you condemn quota system and federal character principle. You deceive no one, Igbo man.

Whether checkpoint or not, Igbos are still scared to return to their villages due to security issues. A US military veteran was only killed recently after returning home. Many who vow not to return home are of the opinion that the checkpoints are a necessity in the East. Besides, checkpoints are everywhere in Nigeria, so enough of the crocodile tears.

Igbos hated in Nigeria for nothing? It seems you didn't get the tribal memo that any Igbo man who has been welcomed in a community outside of his own, must then proceed to denigrate the culture, the people and their traditional authority and everything they hold dear and sacred.

Who can love such a creature?
I like the way you write and denigrate ndigbo but one day, you shall regret it. Only very few things are keeping Nigeria and they are failing fast. We know all your evil machinations but because we are wise, we won't dance to your tune. We the right time comes, you won't know what hit you.

3 Likes

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Eledan: 3:27pm On Feb 12, 2017
vanbonattel:

Sure grin And every Xmas, those lagos based refugees come back and build upstairs and leave enough cash for their old mama in the village in Igboland. And off we go again to gather our money.

Who lost? grin

Yes, that shows you the SW is the most prosperous part of Nigeria. The best of Igbos don't succeed until they step foot into Yoruba land.
Tinubu stated same in the presence of your elders, that you only succeed in Nigeria if you come to the most prosperous and peaceful part of the country.
Your survival as a race depends on the tribe you love to hate
Deal with it grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Eledan: 3:28pm On Feb 12, 2017
Yujin:

I like the way you write and denigrate ndigbo but one day, you shall regret it. Only very few things are keeping Nigeria and they are failing fast. We know all your evil machinations but because we are wise, we won't dance to your tune. We the right time comes, you won't know what hit you.

Another empty chest beater

1 Like

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by vanbonattel: 3:33pm On Feb 12, 2017
Eledan:

Yes, that shows you the SW is the most prosperous part of Nigeria. The best of Igbos don't succeed until they step foot into Yoruba land.
Tinubu stated same in the presence of your elders, that you only succeed in Nigeria if you come to the most prosperous and peaceful part of the country.
Your survival as a race depends on the tribe you love to hate
Deal with it grin

First deal with the fact that these guys made THEIR own money from hard work, not laziness and begging like your people. They made their money in Lagos, NIGERIA. Deal with it.

We want Biafra, you cry, we stay and make money in lagos, you cry. When will your tears dry?

2 Likes

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by nku5: 3:47pm On Feb 12, 2017
Eledan:

It's an ibo coup! You can believe otherwise from now till you are no more, it doesn't obliterate the fact that ibo officers killed leading political and military elites of other regions while sparing their own and eventually the beneficiaries of the coup were ibos.
You guys set Nigeria back by 200 years with that night of madness by your drunken brothers

Sorry to burst your bubble but I cant on account of your NL post, discard the written account by Major Adewale Ademoyega, one of the masterminds of the coup who said it was by no means a tribal matter.

It was a patrotic act by young idealistic officers. Revisionists like you turned it to a tribal matter and are the ones responsible for starting the war, setting Nigeria backwards and to a large extent are responsible for the likely coming division of this country

1 Like

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Eledan: 3:52pm On Feb 12, 2017
vanbonattel:

First deal with the fact that these guys made THEIR own money from hard work, not laziness and begging like your people. They made their money in Lagos, NIGERIA. Deal with it.

We want Biafra, you cry, we stay and make money in lagos, you cry. When will your tears dry?

You have comprehension problem or else you wouldn't make this crazy comment.
You will remain poor in your erosion ravaged cities, the only way to escape poverty starring you in the face is to take the next escape bus to live among the Yorubas you love to hate
Blame God for your dilemma

2 Likes

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Eledan: 3:53pm On Feb 12, 2017
nku5:

Sorry to burst your bubble but I cant on account of your NL post, discard the written account by Major Adewale Ademoyega, one of the masterminds of the coup who said it was by no means a tribal matter.

It was a patrotic act by young idealistic officers. Revisionists like you turned it to a tribal matter and are the ones responsible for starting the war, setting Nigeria backwards and to a large extent are responsible for the likely coming division of this country

Liar! Bring the link to you lies and let me expose you grin
Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by PDJT: 3:56pm On Feb 12, 2017
Rubbish talk from a man born with slave mentality and low self-worth.

Biafra is not a forced union like Nigeria, the Eastern Peoples Assembly rose in that meeting in 1967 and demanded Ojukwu to declare The Republic (a child of necessity) and it's not by force to be a Biafran!
Several Igbos/Easterners who saw their future outside Biafra, remained in Nigeria.

All we ask for is a referendum on the subject - a right to self-determination, a human right, as done everywhere else in the world.
Nigeria, over the years, has shown it has nothing to offer Biafrans or mankind for that matter.
There is absolutely nothing wrong in a people saying, this thing isn't working, we wish to try something else.

As the wise would say: "It's only a mad person that would keep doing the same thing, whilst expecting different result."
Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by nku5: 4:17pm On Feb 12, 2017
Eledan:

Liar! Bring the link to you lies and let me expose you grin

I hope I am not talking to a 13 year old grin

Please go and read some books before you engage ppl online so you dont embarass yourself. Start with "Why we struck" by Adewale Ademoyega.

1 Like

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Eledan: 4:18pm On Feb 12, 2017
nku5:

I hope I am not talking to a 13 year old grin

Please go and read some books before you engage ppl online so you dont embarass yourself. Start with "Why we struck" by Adewale Ademoyega.

Can you please keep quiet! You don't throw wild conjecture around here, learn from laudate that provided all links to the facts stated.
Give us the damn link and stop drinking emotions

2 Likes

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Yujin(m): 4:19pm On Feb 12, 2017
Eledan:

Another empty chest beater
Lol. You can call me whatever you like but whatever I write withstands the test of time. The consistent wickedness from Nigeria have turned our hearts away from her. You shall see when the time is ripe. Like I've always written here: you cannot treat us like inconsequentials and expect to have a smooth ride. Soon, you will need a lot of water.

1 Like

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Eledan: 4:20pm On Feb 12, 2017
Yujin:

Lol. You can call me whatever you like but whatever I write withstands the test of time. The consistent wickedness from Nigeria have turned our hearts away from her. You shall see when the time is ripe. Like I've always written here: you cannot treat us like inconsequentials and expect to have a smooth ride. Soon, you will need a lot of water.

You have nothing to fight with except your usual sticks and matchetes. Your landlocked terrain has sealed your fate

1 Like

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by nku5: 4:26pm On Feb 12, 2017
Eledan:

Can you please keep quiet! You don't throw wild conjecture around here, learn from laudate that provided all links to the facts stated.
Give us the damn link and stop drinking emotions

Not conjecture just raw painful facts. Its not my fault you only read whats posted on social media. Read books and learn!

A 10 year old boy who reads widely will always be more learned than a 50 year old who does not

1 Like

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Eledan: 4:31pm On Feb 12, 2017
nku5:

Not conjecture just raw painful facts. Its not my fault you only read whats posted on social media. Read books and learn!

A 10 year old boy who reads widely will always be more learned than a 50 year old who does not

It's clear you have nothing to offer as usual of your people.
If you are so sure of your bloody lies, bring the link and stop getting crappy with each passing comment
We have seen clear links from laudate, but you people have been full of nothingness

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by vanbonattel: 4:31pm On Feb 12, 2017
Eledan:

You have comprehension problem or else you wouldn't make this crazy comment.
You will remain poor in your erosion ravaged cities, the only way to escape poverty starring you in the face is to take the next escape bus to live among the Yorubas you love to hate
Blame God for your dilemma

Nobody hates yoruba but yorubas. Remember the title of this topic where an afonja had to change his name to igbo before he can be relevant in life.

The Igbos are in lagos and doing their legitimate money and making good mulla and you are crying grin

The Igbos are making cool cash in Europe, America and Asia and nobody is complaining, except the hate filled yorubas who will open thread upon thread to cry and sow seeds of discord. Is it our fault that your people can't compete elsewhere apart from Lagos?

Blame God for your dilemma. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Eledan: 4:34pm On Feb 12, 2017
vanbonattel:

Nobody hates yoruba but yorubas. Remember the title of this topic where an afonja had to change his name to igbo before he can be relevant in life.

The Igbos are in lagos and doing their legitimate money and making good mulla and you are crying grin

The Igbos are making cool cash in Europe, America and Asia and nobody is complaining, except the hate filled yorubas who will open thread upon thread to cry and sow seeds of discord. Is it our fault that your people can't compete elsewhere apart from Lagos?

Blame God for the way he has treated your ancestral land. It's void of anything that can generate real wealth.
You will leave with Yorubas you call names on Nairaland before your life can be meaningful
I'm sure you have not been to your village this year
Yorubas will always and forever be your life saviour in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by vanbonattel: 4:39pm On Feb 12, 2017
Eledan:

Blame God for the way he has treated your ancestral land. It's void of anything that can generate real wealth.
You will leave with Yorubas you call names on Nairaland before your life can be meaningful
I'm sure you have not been to your village this year
Yorubas will always and forever be your life saviour in Nigeria
Bros no be fight na grin why do afonjas hate the truth? cheesy grin

Our land is void but you block every move of our independence, are you sure you are not getting mad because you are not making sense at all. grin

1 Like

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Devices(m): 4:41pm On Feb 12, 2017
Eledan:

It's clear you have nothing to offer as usual of your people.
If you are so sure of your bloody lies, bring the link and stop getting crappy with each passing comment
We have seen clear links from laudate, but you people have been full of nothingness
you are a Tribalist? Ah egbon shocked shocked
Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Eledan: 4:42pm On Feb 12, 2017
Devices:
you are a Tribalist? Ah egbon shocked shocked

Yes, the same way you are

1 Like

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Devices(m): 4:44pm On Feb 12, 2017
vanbonattel:

Real truth. No need of flogging him wickedly like this nah. cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Eledan: 4:45pm On Feb 12, 2017
vanbonattel:

Bros no be fight na grin why do afonjas hate the truth? cheesy grin

Our land is void but you block every move of our independence, are you sure you are not getting mad because you are not making sense at all. grin

You must be drunken. How did Yorubas block you? You were doing well on the northern flank until you useless warlord pushed towards West and you allowed the West entered the war, that was the defining moment and your defeat was assured from that point.
We will always lecture you to counter the lies your fathers sold you for losing the war grin
Your fathers need to lie to you to justify why they lost the war woefully like they did grin

3 Likes

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Devices(m): 4:47pm On Feb 12, 2017
Eledan:

Yes, the same way you are
I can never be a tribalist just like you are, only if I have mental problem, most Yoruba tribal bigots I know are mentally challenged.

1 Like

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Eledan: 4:49pm On Feb 12, 2017
Devices:
I can never be a tribalist just like you are, only if I have mental problem, most Yoruba tribal bigots I know are mentally challenged.

Go and play with sand and get off my mention kid

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Devices(m): 4:50pm On Feb 12, 2017
[s][/s]Eledan:

You must be drunken. How did Yorubas blocked you? You were doing well on the northern flank until you useless warlord pushed towards West and you allowed the West entered the war, that was the defining moment and your defeat was assured from that point.
We will always lecture you to counter the lies your fathers sold you for losing the war grin
Your fathers need to lie to you to justify why they lost the war woefully like they did grin
[/s]

Senseless animal, this is what they taught you in your brown roof republic?
Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Devices(m): 4:52pm On Feb 12, 2017
[s][/s]Eledan:

Go and play with sand and get off my mention kid
[/s]

The thing struck his spines. grin grin grin
Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by maclatunji: 4:57pm On Feb 12, 2017
vanbonattel:
Utter trash, absolute bunkum, arrant nonsense, puerile rubbish!

Only an afonja is capable of this idiocy by the OP. The whole Igbos love biafra, anyone who hates biafra and claims to be igbo should ask his mother about the truth of his paternity.

You see how your portray your ignorance. Even Chinua Achebe admitted some of the things the writer wrote. He only tried to dismiss them as 'unimportant'.

3 Likes

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by maclatunji: 5:01pm On Feb 12, 2017
Sctests:
Why do yorubas and hausas like using Igbo names to perpetrate their anti-Biafran propaganda, write articles and send to anti-Biafran newsites for publication.

Who is 'Tochukwu Ezukanma'? 'where does he live?' Who verified his identity before publishing his nonsensical article that refused to mention that the 'Igbo coup' had only 55% Igbo officers, 35% yoruba (olamifihan, Adeleke, Ademoyega, Banjo etc) and 10% northern officers?

So he is an 'Igbo' who would have prefered that the Igbo to have folded their arms and allow the hausa and fulani mobs from the north come down to the East unchallenged to continue killing and then take their chance and establish an Emirate in Onitsha like they did in yorubaland after probably killing 15 million Igbos?

If I challenge him to a live debate (He is too small for people like Kanu, Dr. Clifford Iroanya, Barrister Emma Mmezu), will he take up the gauntlet?

That is how they said Joe Igbokwe is not Igbo. Anyone that tells you the truth 'is not Igbo'.

3 Likes

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by vanbonattel: 5:01pm On Feb 12, 2017
Eledan:

You must be drunken. How did Yorubas block you? You were doing well on the northern flank until you useless warlord pushed towards West and you allowed the West entered the war, that was the defining moment and your defeat was assured from that point.

Liar!

An afonja by the name of Victor banjo led a band of soldiers to Ore and chickened out like your people always do. Ojukwu caught him and shot him for his recklessness and you will want to rewrite history on nairaland. grin

Loser grin

The blocking I am talking about is now. The way your blood pressure shots up whenever Nnamdi Kanu talks. You are all ready to block us from leaving Lagos and allowing you die of hunger in your laziness. What will the lazy touts and Omo onile eat again grin And we shall leave you at the mercy of your northern brothers grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Yemi Osinbanjo Arrives Kaduna Ahead Of Passing Out Parade Of Armed Forces / Massive Crowd As PDP Campaign In Bauchi State(more Photos) / Herdsmen In Oyo Reject State's Anti-grazing Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.