Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,355 members, 7,957,954 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:35 AM

5 Reasons Blogging Isn’t A Lucrative Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Reasons Blogging Isn’t A Lucrative Business (2068 Views)

5 Reasons Your Small Business Isn’t Making Enough Money / . / A Lucrative Business To Start Presently With #150,000. Get Full Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Blogging Isn’t A Lucrative Business by BiafraBushBoy(m): 3:05pm On Feb 10, 2017
I see a lot of peeps telling people who are in need of a job to "Go and become a blogger." In this article I will show you why you should think about it twice. Unless you are willing to stand the storm.

Before I start to list them out, I am sure you must have had this fantasy about bloggers getting paid by Google when someone opens their blogs. You also have the fantasy about bloggers who smile to the bank every month without doing much work. I was in the same school of thought till I decided to check it out myself. I am not an enemy of progress, but I just want to give some intending bloggers the raw reasons why blogging isn’t a lucrative job as they have imagined. It is normal to have big dreams about buying your first car via blogging, but I am tempted to shout “wake up from those dreams.” Below are some of my reasons of tagging blogging a non-lucrative way of making money.

Capital Intensive:

I remembered before I opened my blog, I was comfortable with just spending a thousand naira as my monthly subscription fee. The moment I launched my blog, I keep spending close to five thousand naira just within few weeks all in the name searching and uploading contents online. If care is not taken, blogging would leave you broke than you ever imagined. You pay for lots of things just to get the blog in the right direction. So when next someone advises you to open a blog as a means to curb unemployment, make sure you request for money for expenses. From the design to the hosting of the blog, and down to the advertisement that follows. Blogging is not just an investment plan, it is a huge capital investment program and it is one of the reasons blogging isn’t such a lucrative business.

Long ROI (Return of investments) Period:

Who ever gave you the idea that you can start a blog today and start earning is actually a wolf in sheep clothing. Blogging isn’t something that you invest in for short term profit. It takes a long time to see the Return Of Investment i.e. if you are lucky to see. Blogging was actually a means for people to express opinions that gets readers attracted, before it was monetized by various means especially Google. Blogging is just like starting out to build a house with little money, without knowing when you will reap from your labor. The return of investment period for blogging has been estimated to be about a year or so and it comes with a serious tag called “Hardwork.” So never go into blogging because you want to earn as fast as possible. If you are interested in lucrative projects, find others aside blogging.

Depression Rate is High:

After you have created an article you’ve termed world class, and you finally check-out the number of visitors that read the article on your blog and you discover they weren’t even up to 10 people, how would you feel? The basic truth is that bloggers suffer from depression especially during the early stages. So why should you advise someone looking for job to become a blogger. He is already depressed being jobless and you want to add up another set of depression to him. So next time you see a blogger using the click and bait method, know that he actually needs you on his site to lighten up his mood.

Nobody Likes Bloggers:

The name “blogger” sends a kind of message to anyone who hears it. Most people see bloggers as liars, so they don’t just like seeing any blog link from nowhere. Imagine when someone tags you a liar, you think they like you? You need dedicated people who really like you to the moon and back to make money off blogging. So when out of a million bloggers in the country, people are comfortable with just a few of them, what happens to the rest of us?

Over-crowded Profession:

Everyone right now is a blogger and people with little or no idea about the profession has taken over. It has sent a bad image out there and if you aren’t among the big wigs, you will have a hard time climbing up that ladder. Blogs everywhere with little or nothing to offer. Blogging isn’t as lucrative as ever because the proceeds have been split to millions of “I must blog” bloggers out there.

Unless you have the resources and the determination to breakthrough, blogging won’t be lucrative for you. I have seen bloggers who quit after many years with nothing to show as a reward for blogging. The technicality and other things will overwhelm you and make you question your decision to blog. So for safety reasons and that of your money, take that money you have budgeted for blogging and find a more lucrative business to do with it. Blogging isn’t as lucrative as you have imagined or the way they told you.

Feel free to add up your own reasons and let’s get more views.

Mike Bush.

Source: http://topwritersden.com/5-reasons-blogging-isnt-a-lucrative-business/

I am using my post to promote the free offer of helping to review FOR FREE you cover letter and letter of introduction. Learn how to write it here http://topwritersden.com/how-to-write-a-letter-of-introduction-for-a-job/

cc lalasticlala

Re: 5 Reasons Blogging Isn’t A Lucrative Business by Luizkid(m): 3:36pm On Feb 10, 2017
you know you are always more reasonable with ur posts than ur name suggests... well me think, just like u mentioned already, the blogging thing is Saturated already. there's virtually nothing new to offer anymore.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Blogging Isn’t A Lucrative Business by Interesting15: 5:30pm On Feb 10, 2017
But op, you recently begin blogging. How did you know all these?
Re: 5 Reasons Blogging Isn’t A Lucrative Business by Nobody: 7:37pm On Feb 10, 2017
Blogging is a lucrative job!!

you could have just said ...
Blogging is not a lucrative job for some people.

beacuse there are those who dont know what they came to do.
The want to make money .. and they're doing it the wrong way .. they just wanna blow in the next 2 days undecided
Re: 5 Reasons Blogging Isn’t A Lucrative Business by BiafraBushBoy(m): 7:55pm On Feb 10, 2017
Luizkid:
you know you are always more reasonable with ur posts than ur name suggests... well me think, just like u mentioned already, the blogging thing is Saturated already. there's virtually nothing new to offer anymore.

embarassed angry cheesy cheesy

This guy don yab me sha.. cheesy

I think everyone knows that already that blogging is saturated and should not be recommend for hustlers looking for daily bread.

It is more or else for those who are well to do.
Re: 5 Reasons Blogging Isn’t A Lucrative Business by BiafraBushBoy(m): 7:56pm On Feb 10, 2017
Interesting15:
But op, you recently begin blogging. How did you know all these?

Does it really matter Bro?

Information is key... Well also.. I looked around and conducted my own personal research. wink
Re: 5 Reasons Blogging Isn’t A Lucrative Business by BiafraBushBoy(m): 7:58pm On Feb 10, 2017
Mrsparrow:
Blogging is a lucrative job!!

you could have just said ...
Blogging is not a lucrative job for some people.

beacuse there are those who dont know what they came to do.
The want to make money .. and they're doing it the wrong way .. they just wanna blow in the next 2 days undecided

We still said the same thing.

Return of investment period is very far.. Making it more like a future investment and should be seen as a means to cushion short term goals.

lalasticlala wink
Re: 5 Reasons Blogging Isn’t A Lucrative Business by leksmedia: 8:16am On Feb 11, 2017
Blogging is a skill that needs to be learned. There are lots of things that are embeddled but people just fail to learn the basics , if you must become a successful blogger you should have the following experience or skills 1. SEO 2. Good writing skills 3. Social media management 4. You must have an understanding of site linking and backlinking 5. If you wanna stay long you must be able to produce unique contents 6. You must understand that you are not only writing for people you are also writing for search robots to crawl or index your write up fast 7. Knowledge of keyword and keywords tools 8. Be ready to invest in marketing either through time or cash etc

For your professional website and blog design contact us at www.leksmediaconcept.com or check out our portfolio www.leksmediaconcept.com/portfolio.html
Re: 5 Reasons Blogging Isn’t A Lucrative Business by ajasay3030(m): 7:53pm On May 05, 2023
If you have a job that is paying you, you can start blogging. Blogging is not a get-rich-quick venture. It takes time and effort. But since you have a job that feeds and cater to your financial needs, you can see blogging as a long-term investment.

However, if you run a business, starting a blog may not be a bad idea. Here are a few reasons to have a blog for you business.

https://writeseoblogs.com/why-you-should-blog-for-your-business/

You may also want to ask, "how often should I blog for SEO?". Check this out too.

https://writeseoblogs.com/how-often-to-blog-for-seo-daily-or-weekly/

(1) (Reply)

Business Ideas Needed Please!!! / Bitcoin Investors Hoping To Make Billions May End Up With A Sack Of Fool’s Gold / Fish Farming, Very Lucrative!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.