Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,763 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) - Sports (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) (43208 Views)

Poll: What's your prediction?

Nigeria wins: 63% (118 votes)
Egypt wins: 23% (44 votes)
Draw: 12% (24 votes)
This poll has ended

Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating / Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 / Sweden Vs Nigeria (3 - 3) Fifa Women's World Cup On 8th June, 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Iyineda(m): 11:25pm On Jan 12, 2010
Line up I expect for our next match:

1. Enyeama
17. Odiah; 2. Yobo(c); 5. Nwaneri 3. Taiwo
10. Mikel; 13. Ayila; 20. Etuhu
7. Obasi; 9. Martins; 11. Osaze

Things I liked in our 1st match:
- Obasi's talent
- Midfield chemistry during the first 20 min of the game
- Taiwo chosen over Echiejile

Things I loathed:
- Lack of focus in defense
- Zero fighting spirit
- Scruffy when led on the scoreline
- Nonechalant way of playing the ball around when leading on the scoreline --> entails mistakes.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by vwvw(m): 11:27pm On Jan 12, 2010
Chil out guys there more hell comin. And then argentina 7 nig 0.Think its time 2 head 4 d synagogue. Whats tb saying.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by onijogbon(m): 11:30pm On Jan 12, 2010
deb:

Thanks for answering the guy's question.
Meanwhile, we had a fit Nsofor for most part of the match under the bench
abi o! olosi Amodu!

U-17 team though not experienced, will be a good time for them to gain some exposure at this tournament.  
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by deb(m): 11:36pm On Jan 12, 2010
Oh Sagamite,

my dude you are still awake. I thought you had gone to bed mourning Amodu's Eagles lol. Amodu is not worth the sweat lol cheesy

Jokes apart you have great analytical mind and you are cool because you know how to passionately drive your point on Amodu,
but I personally just couldn't see Amodu doing anything great at the nation's cup despite his statistics because of the manner
he was getting his 'results'

Anyway, lets call this a start, the competition is still fresh maybe Amodu can still lift the cup. Algeria once defeated us 5-1 or was it 5-0 under westerhof and we still went on to the final in 1990 before we failed to lift the trophy
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by deb(m): 11:38pm On Jan 12, 2010
Chil out guys there more hell comin. And then argentina 7 nig 0.Think its time 2 head 4 d synagogue. Whats tb saying.

LMAO cheesy cheesy grin
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by semid4lyfe(m): 11:43pm On Jan 12, 2010
Too many lazy payers in the team and no fighting spirit IMO.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Sagamite(m): 11:45pm On Jan 12, 2010
deb:

Oh Sagamite,

my dude you are still awake. I thought you had gone to bed mourning Amodu's Eagles lol. Amodu is not worth the sweat lol cheesy

Jokes apart you have great analytical mind and you are cool because you know how to passionately drive your point on Amodu,
but I just personally just couldn't see Amodu doing anything great at the nation's cup despite his statistics because of the manner
he was getting his 'results'

Anyway, lets call this a start, the competition is still fresh maybe Amodu can still lift the cup. Algeria once defeated us 5-1 or was it 5-0 under westerhof and we still went on to the final in 1990 before we failed to lift the trophy

As I said, if he has not failed, I will not condemn him, he deserves his chance. Definitely not going to judge on one game.

Even the greatest coaches have stinkers. Was it not Wenger that lost 6-1 to Man U?

They played a good first half (some even brilliant) but the second half was horrible. No doubt Shehata is and has always been a better coach than Amodu and Zidan used his brain alot unlike our players.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by aktunde(m): 11:48pm On Jan 12, 2010
Guinness big stout "the official beer of the super eagles". Why do you expect those guys to play well? Even Guinness knows we have we don't have a sober team. No matter how you criticize them, they would never feel sober. They would always fumble. Na today? No wonder the company doesn't hesitate in using that marketing language. Imagine! "the official odeku of super eagles"

I beg I dey go sleep jare.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by deb(m): 11:51pm On Jan 12, 2010
Am yawning already zzzzz. 'Eagles made my day'
Off to my bed now. Goodnight to you all. Will be back tomorrow
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by vwvw(m): 11:54pm On Jan 12, 2010
They are overfed and dem hold pay die, appears to be unending chorus on nl.But i check d clubs profile of d 22 chickens and i wonder in yiddish when sudanese jewish and russian clubs became elitist.An overated football ogre called d green eagles, I sigh
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Iyineda(m): 11:58pm On Jan 12, 2010
Players I want out of the WC 2010 squad:

- Yusuf
- Yakubu
- Kanu
- Nwaneri
- Shittu
- Kaita
- Olofinjana

Players I want in:
- Olubayo
- Ike Uche
- Rabiu Ibrahim
- Sam Sodje
- Adeleye
- Ajilore
- Eneramo

My final 23 would be:

Goalies: 1. Enyeama, 12. Ejide or Etafia, 23. Aiyenugba;

Defenders: 2. Yobo, 3. Taiwo, 4. Olubayo, 5. Adeleye, 6. Sodje, 17. Odiah, 21. Echiejile, 22. Apam

Midfielders: 8. Ajilore, 10. Mikel, 13. Ayila, 14. Rabiu, 16. K.Uche, 20. Etuhu

Forwards: 7. Obasi, 9. Martins, 11. Osaze, 15. I.Uche, 18. Nsofor, 19. Eneramo (or some other in-form striker that can play as a point-man)

I fancy the 4-3-3 formation. I like the idea of flowing thru the flanks and then cutting in with assets such as I.Uche and Obasi.

My starting line-up would be:

Enyeama
Olubayo Yobo(c) Adeleye Taiwo
Mikel Ayila Ajilore
Obasi Osaze I.Uche

Coming to think of it, Osaze can also be a point-man. He plays in that position with Lokomotive and played like that with France's LOSC.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by DrKitaun(m): 12:13am On Jan 13, 2010
Iyineda:

Line up I expect for our next match:

1. Enyeama
17. Odiah; 2. Yobo(c); 5. Nwaneri 3. Taiwo
10. Mikel; 13. Ayila; 20. Etuhu
7. Obasi; 9. Martins; 11. Osaze

Things I liked in our 1st match:
- Obasi's talent
- Midfield chemistry during the first 20 min of the game
- Taiwo chosen over Echiejile

Scruffy when led on the scoreline
- Nonechalant way of playing the ball around when leading on the scoreline --> entails mistakes.

sincerely I dont know what game u watched undecided

u mean u want another Ayila/Etuhu/Mikel midfield . . .even Amodu himself must realize his folly . . .

a fit Olofinjana would have done a better job than any of those guys u listed, little wonder when he is on the field he is not appreciated but what cant be faulted is his doggedness, his ability to break link-up play from opponents and despite his not being so skillful, yet he is an handful !

I wonder why anyone that has been following the last few games would want a Taiwo over Echejile . . .Taiwo is fast becoming the most calamitous player in the team as everything he does now leads to goals conceded or goals get to be scored from obvious frailities of his person . . .does this guy truly play for Marseille shocked

Mr Iyineda . . . .the chemistry of the 1st 20 mins of our midfielders playing sidewards and backwards is what u like ? shocked

JESUS IS LORD !!! grin
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by henry101(m): 12:16am On Jan 13, 2010
I miss my main man Ikeeeechukwuuuuu Uche.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by rasputinn(m): 12:18am On Jan 13, 2010
With this crop of players,Nigerian football has fallen to an irredeemable low and it will remain like that for a long time to come till 80% of the team members are retired,starting from Kanu
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Okijajuju1(m): 12:24am On Jan 13, 2010
The gods told me this cup of nations was a fruitless journey, and I didnt understand. Benin is also gonna trash Nigeria 3 - 1. Osaze is sick so there is no team.

I weep. cry
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by oluclem(m): 12:36am On Jan 13, 2010
Abeg me wan go sleep, see ya tomorrow
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by A40(m): 12:45am On Jan 13, 2010
This is what our asses get for hiring a cadaver as a coach. We are better off hiring a snowman!! Even after the Egyptian equalizer when it was clear we had lost control of the game Mr Shuaibu kept looking on like a bouncer at Insomnia. Look at how a real coach like Shehata kept on yelling tactics even when his team where up now thats what you call a coach! We where outplayed and outsmarted i think its high time we realized now that footie is beyond just a sport its a science which requires 80% intelligence and 20% power
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by deb(m): 12:54am On Jan 13, 2010
This is what our asses get for hiring a cadaver as a coach. We are better off hiring a snowman!! Even after the Egyptian equalizer when it was clear we had lost control of the game Mr Shuaibu kept looking on like a bouncer at Insomnia. Look at how a real coach like Shehata kept on yelling tactics even when his team where up now thats what you call a coach! We where outplayed and outsmarted[b] i think its high time we realized now that footie is beyond just a sport its a science which requires 80% intelligence and 20% power[/b]

I thought I was going to sleep until I read the above highlighted. You are so right!
At a time, Amodu's clueless look was more like that of Sango grin
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Lenny9000(m): 1:16am On Jan 13, 2010
Our team never seems to amaze me. lol
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Robotnik: 1:25am On Jan 13, 2010
Princek12:

They don't need a Drogba. Soccer is a team effort, and all you need is a group of people who are fit and ready to fight for a win. The main problem with the present squad is lack of fitness. For example, the reason the U 17 was successful was because of their high level of fitness. I mean, those guys were insanely fit and would chase their opponent any time the opponent had possession (and they did it for 90 mins). Today's team waited for the ball numerous times and did not run after the Egyptians for 90 mins when the Egyptians took possession of the ball.
definately we need a role model like drogba or etoo, or beckam or a viera, someone that is a playmaker and also inspirational
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by oraclefemi(m): 2:36am On Jan 13, 2010
i was playing football yesterday with my landlords son,he is 12 and he asked me hey Nigeria is playing tomorrow and i hissed and he asked why , i told him my health is more important than Nigeria and he asked why , i told him Super Eagles dont deserve to get my blood pressure up , they aint worth it, he asked if i was going to watch and i replied, thats if the same Nigeria power holding gives us light and he laughed, ok today, luckily NEPA oops sorry PHCN brought power and the game starts, i am in the next room playing ps2 , didnt watch, suddenly i heard GOAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i jump up and ask whats up and they said we scored, nice shot from Obasi and the true Nigerian blood in me starts pumping and i decided to watch, ok lets see whats up, i am still watching , it gets boring and suddenyl GOAL!!!!!! OOPS not Nigeria, i start to feel nervous heck no ! they wont do this to me again , PICK UP MY PHONE , dial hey fellas , are you watching the games they say no, i got some weed and im coming over and they like hell yeah !!! Bleep AMODU AND HIS SHIYT BIRD!!
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by otokx(m): 4:07am On Jan 13, 2010
I reserve my comments till after the next match.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by isalegan2: 4:49am On Jan 13, 2010
Wow! I missed the match. Reading the posts on here though, I keep thinking, "how would it feel to be one of the Super Eagles reading how much your own people downgrade you"?

Jeez! Can't we support our own? Seriously. We always have to tear each other down? One poster even wrote how he can't wait till the country called Nigeria is no more. Waaaaaayyyy too much self loathing going on here!

I'll be sure to check out ANY OTHER football forum after the next match. angry

On another note, since Togo has packed it in, will the tournament organizers open a space for a non-qualifying team? Been busy so haven't read up on the news.

*Support Amodu. Support the Super Eagles. 9ja till the end*
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by chinkelly(m): 5:15am On Jan 13, 2010
Am sorry for super eagles fa, grin
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by kaypinchi(m): 5:55am On Jan 13, 2010
Wharashame!
I guess CAF should allow Togo to take the place of these Suker Eagles.
The whole team is yet to realise the mission in Angola.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Obinoscopy(m): 6:05am On Jan 13, 2010
We are just wasting our time in this Nations Cup!
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by moonraker(m): 6:13am On Jan 13, 2010
Lets go back in time

Remember Tunis 2004??

we met morocco in the first game,

we were beaten 1-0. we came back and beat SA 4-0 and Benin 2-0 respectively,

i can only assume that its would happen again, no??

The Super Penguins have a way of doing things,  we literally leap frogged tTunis  we also did same in the last nations cup,

even saisa that everyone is clamouring for, same thing happened to him back at the U20 world cup,

we will qualify. not in top spot though,  we probably will defeat mozq 2-1 and finish off benin 2-0 and we will be set,

ofcourse egypt will flog benin and then draw with mozq,
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by ezan(m): 6:30am On Jan 13, 2010
Super Penguins
?

grin That's a new one. The team is deceptively strong. They were obviously missing Osaze, Martins and a fit Ike Uche. The technical crew and the useless NFF is what scares me though.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Obinoscopy(m): 6:34am On Jan 13, 2010
moonraker:

Lets go back in time

Remember Tunis 2004??

we met morocco in the first game,

we were beaten 1-0. we came back and beat SA 4-0 and Benin 2-0 respectively,

i can only assume that its would happen again, no??

The Super Penguins have a way of doing things,  we literally leap frogged tTunis  we also did same in the last nations cup,

even saisa that everyone is clamouring for, same thing happened to him back at the U20 world cup,

we will qualify. not in top spot though,  we probably will defeat mozq 2-1 and finish off benin 2-0 and we will be set,

ofcourse egypt will flog benin and then draw with mozq,

Like I said we are wasting our time with the present when we should be planning for the future (next 8 years). I know we will qualify from our group but after that what next? We will lose to Cote d voire. I even suspect that Amodu will be sacked and a new coach brought in with the mandate to win the world cup! Lets forget about our chances in this years mundial and plan ahead for the future.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by unclebros: 7:01am On Jan 13, 2010
Good Morning NLs

Please lets forget the past and look forward to the future, and by the way how do you expect a child with a sick father in the hospital to perform in school? grin grin grin grin
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by omar22(m): 7:16am On Jan 13, 2010

With this team, under this coach, you are more likely to see 2 eclipse of the sun this week, than see Nigeria get to the final, the whole football watching nation (except for Sagamite) knew that this man is inept, lacks the tactical know how, thinking about how much the players would pay to get into the team. Look at Mali the players fought to the end but Nigerian players they dont care, trying to avoid injuries, when other players are breaking their necks for their national teams.

A foreign coach would show no legions to the oldies like the Kanu, Yakubu and Co. but would dig deep and find players who care, who play week in week out, some where not born in Nigeria but are eligible to play for Nigeria because all these ARUGBO that we are churning out, naaa

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (38) (Reply)

South Africans Reactions After Keshi "Resignation" / Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 / Lady Switched Off The TV At A Viewing Center & Got A Slap (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.