Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,425 members, 7,830,133 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) - Sports (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) (43344 Views)

Poll: What's your prediction?

Nigeria wins: 63% (118 votes)
Egypt wins: 23% (44 votes)
Draw: 12% (24 votes)
This poll has ended

Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating / Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 / Sweden Vs Nigeria (3 - 3) Fifa Women's World Cup On 8th June, 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by next1(m): 8:35pm On Jan 12, 2010
Has anyone check the list of the best 100 players in the world? No Nigerian player appear on this list and I stand corrected none will appear on the first 200. With this kind of scenario what in hell do we expect the coach to do. Truth is we don't just have the materials to work with.
We need a coach that can build a team from the scratch and bring out the best in the players and discards these legion of spent force we parade as foreign based professional. I wanna puke!!! Until we make concerted effort to look in wards and retrace our steps to raise hungry players who exhibit raw talent and skill, we'll just continue to wither. My prediction is this AFCON will be a disaster so that NFF, super eagles, technical crew etc can get the boot. GBAM
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by kino: 8:37pm On Jan 12, 2010
Bunch of 50 year old men playing big man football.

My prediction -

Nigeria 1 : 2 Benin

Mozambique 1: 1 Nigeria 1

Chickens out.

Amodu is not  tactically astute, how can you take mikel off for a grand father. Nigeria football is dead, our foreign players are bench warmers, its time we look inwards.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by marutimon: 8:38pm On Jan 12, 2010
WHat is it with you people? Taiwo was the best defender on the field and you keep  nagging on him? He's a left back! The offside trap being destroyed by Egypt was not his fault!
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by igmacco(m): 8:38pm On Jan 12, 2010
caf don cancel the nigeria  vs egypt match,  cuz na ojoro dem take wim us, they will rely it tomorrow
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by marutimon: 8:39pm On Jan 12, 2010
next1: Osaze Odemwingie deserves to be in the best 100 and Taye Taiwo would at least be in the top 200.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Katsumoto: 8:43pm On Jan 12, 2010
marutimon:

WHat is it with you people? Taiwo was the best defender on the field and you keep  nagging on him? He's a left back! The offside trap being destroyed by Egypt was not his fault!

Taiwo was one of our better players today; he certainly was our best defender. Yobo and Nwaneri were useless today. What ever prompted Amodu to drop Adeleye on the back of one bad game. Yobo has been at fault for many goals conceded by the Eagles over the last few years and yet he is still captain.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Sagamite(m): 8:45pm On Jan 12, 2010
marutimon:

I could not see any of the goals that was his fault.

YOBO! BENCH!
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Sagamite(m): 8:48pm On Jan 12, 2010
How can someone be captain and NOT ONCE have I ever seeing him giving instructions and advice to others or even making them aware of dangers?
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by real4life: 8:48pm On Jan 12, 2010
I am praying mr president did not watch this match
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 12, 2010
This is a disgrace!!!! angry

Thank God I did not watch it.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by deb(m): 8:51pm On Jan 12, 2010
The Egyptians knew what they were doing, they had a game plan and each time they moved upfront
you can tell they knew what they were doing. If you doubt me check out the build up for all the goals.
That is a team that is tactically and technically sound.

Can we tell the same story of Nigeria?
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by jaybee3(m): 8:52pm On Jan 12, 2010
kino:

Bunch of 50 year old men playing big man football.

My prediction -

Nigeria 1 : 2 Benin

Mozambique 1: 1 Nigeria 1

Chickens out.

Amodu is not  tactically astute, how can you take mikel off for a grand father. Nigeria football is dead, our foreign players are bench warmers, its time we look inwards.
AMEN so amodu can finally get the boot.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by tausi(f): 8:52pm On Jan 12, 2010
Sagamite am with you on that! The goal keeper seemed to be the man incharge in the nigerian team.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by deb(m): 8:57pm On Jan 12, 2010
WHat is it with you people? Taiwo was the best defender on the field and you keep  nagging on him? He's a left back! The offside trap being destroyed by Egypt was not his fault!

I don't know. Taye wasn't that bad today? He even made some dangerous moves first half that I thought if we
had converted we could have won from the first half. Whatever happened to the other defenders I don't know why
Taye must be singled out as if Yobo was superb. I missed Adeleye. And what about that oloshi called Yusuf? wasn't he a disaster too?
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by honeric01(m): 8:58pm On Jan 12, 2010
Benin and Mozambique 2 2
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by blacksta(m): 8:59pm On Jan 12, 2010
Anyone watching these benin side  - I am very sure they can beat Nigeria
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by chidichris(m): 8:59pm On Jan 12, 2010
but he (amodu) told us not to expect miracle from them so why are we shouting here?
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by ochukoccna: 9:00pm On Jan 12, 2010
real4life:

I am praying mr president did not watch this match
So U still believe that BBC make believe story.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by tausi(f): 9:00pm On Jan 12, 2010
I think so too - Benin will definately be hard to beat
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by nearest(m): 9:01pm On Jan 12, 2010
Oh nigeria, my nigeria, what a game, oh what a disappointment, uwaneri, yusuf, yobo, ayegbeni, kanu all disappointment
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Sauron1: 9:02pm On Jan 12, 2010
stillwater:

This is a disgrace!!!! angry

Thank God I did not watch it.

It was a tragic COMEDY!!!
They started ever so well and Yobo just got his bearings wrong for Egypt's first goal.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by dbalinga(m): 9:03pm On Jan 12, 2010
uhmmmmmmmmmmm, SUPER CHICKENS, they will not cease to amaze me.
I am not disappointed cos I knew they were SURE bound to fail.
I cant understand why NLanders are loosing their sleep over
the CHICKENS . grin grin grin
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by debosky(m): 9:03pm On Jan 12, 2010
I hope these yeye boys haven't sent my president to an early grave with this woeful result.

Their play can give a healthy man pericarditis.  angry grin grin
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by omar22(m): 9:04pm On Jan 12, 2010
And what ocean is the writing on if Man U cannot score a team Wycombe, Millwall, Leyton Orient and other Div 1 (not Champion) teams can score?

Manchester has a very long history in the last decade of loosing to the minows! Leeds, Coventry, Southend, they even drew 0-0 with a non league team about 3 or 4 years ago
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by kino: 9:04pm On Jan 12, 2010
I am suprised if anyone didn't see this coming. We couldn't even qualify handsomely from the world cup group. The Chicken is home to roost, Amodu should have been sacked long ago. What is Papilo still doing in that team. Too many pensioners

Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 12, 2010
~Sauron~:

It was a tragic COMEDY!!!
They started ever so well and Yobo just got his bearings wrong for Egypt's first goal.

They are overfed. That's why they lost the zeal to continue.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by deb(m): 9:08pm On Jan 12, 2010
but he (amodu) told us not to expect miracle from them so why are we shouting here?

And did we not also call for his sack?

Did we not also hear some 'super stars' football analysts tell us that is exactly what a 'World Class'
coach like Amodu should say. Promise less and over deliver? if you want me to dig threads to back this up
I will do the wahala o? cheesy

Oh Amodu is so proving some people right. What a fantastic coach!
Question; When was the last time we lost with this kind of disgraceful margin in our first match of a Nation's cup?  grin grin grin
[b]Amodu never loses[/b]CONFIRMED grin grin
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by deb(m): 9:12pm On Jan 12, 2010
I am suprised if anyone didn't see this coming. We couldn't even qualify handsomely from the world cup group. The Chicken is home to roost, Amodu should have been sacked long ago. What is Papilo still doing in that team. Too many pensioners

OMG!!! shocked shocked shocked Pensioners?! Amodu also took Pensioners to the Nation's cup? we are finished cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Sagamite(m): 9:12pm On Jan 12, 2010
omar22:

Manchester has a very long history in the last decade of loosing to the minows! Leeds, Coventry, Southend, they even drew 0-0 with a non league team about 3 or 4 years ago

And this statement makes sense to you?
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by member30(m): 9:12pm On Jan 12, 2010
we r the best african team and also the masters of the continenttongue

go east go west egypt team is the best
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 12, 2010
مصرى اصلى:

we r the best african team and also the masters of the continenttongue

go east go west egypt team is the best

Yes you are. kiss
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by member30(m): 9:15pm On Jan 12, 2010
how u angry from amodu and he reach u to WC ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (38) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) / David Beckham In Tears As He Pays His Respects To Queen Elizabeth II (Video) / Everton Stars Celebrate Liverpool 2-0 Win In Anfield Dressing Room(Photos,Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.