Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,313 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 (20359 Views)

Poll: Who takes the cake?

Nigeria: 60% (85 votes)
Benin: 24% (34 votes)
Draw: 15% (21 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 / First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by Borat1: 3:56pm On Jan 15, 2010
nil - nil draw
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by honeric01(m): 4:12pm On Jan 15, 2010
@Borat

u are also needed on that forum to show your technical onus okay?
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by pek(m): 5:33pm On Jan 15, 2010
kason121:

you must be joking,

Enyeama

winning team only if the lazy coach 4got religions and tribalism and remember his a national caoch and not his goepolitical coach,this man is killing many soccer fans in Nigeria,may God help us
just as i predicted 3-1 for Egypt
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by sheduro: 6:28pm On Jan 15, 2010
Let hope and pray for a better match against the benin republic side, on saturday
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jan 15, 2010
Guys, replay SE in 1992 in Algeria. With Westerhof, Algeria hammered us 5-1 in the opening match, but the same team got to the final, narrowly losing to the hosts. I believe this team will reach the final.
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 15, 2010
Replay SE (super eagles) in 1992 in Algeria. With Westerhof, Algeria hammered us 5-1 in the opening match, but the same team got to the final, narrowly losing to the hosts. I believe this team can and will reach the final. We will win benin & mozambique,

if we pass this group stage, we might play (tunisia, cameroon or gabon) in group D.

1. cameroon losing to gabon means that if we play cameroon and lose, then there is a BIG problem. (prediction 1-0 4 naija)

2. if we play tunisia, we will once and for all settle the scores (win them) since we drew 2 times (because nigeria was leading twice in the 2nd leg of world cup qualifiers) but our defence was bad so we could not hold onto the lead(prediction 2-1 4 naija)

3. if we play gabon, we MUST win them, gabon is not a strong team (but have strong defence that held cameroon, so we better score early before they tighten their defence
(prediction 1-0 or 2-0 for naija)
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by edusucces(m): 9:22pm On Jan 15, 2010
nija will win nt by mouth, only if amudu agree

Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by hordexex(m): 9:56pm On Jan 15, 2010
The match will end 0-0 or 1-1
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by co2(m): 11:38pm On Jan 15, 2010
I see us wining only with a good starting eleven afcon 2010 is full of wonders
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by Olisehua: 11:51pm On Jan 15, 2010
Though game

2:0 Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by DrKitaun(m): 1:36am On Jan 16, 2010
semid4lyfe:

This should be our starting line-up against Benin on Saturday.

Vincent Enyeama
Daniel Shittu
Onyekachi Apam
Chidi Odiah
Elderson Echiejile
Dickson Etuhu
Uche kalu
Mikel Obi
Osaze Odemwingie
Obinna Nsofor
Chinedu Obasi

They should play a 4-4-2 formation and line out like this

1-Enyeama

2-Odiah 6-Shittu 5-Apam 3-Echiejile

4-Etuhu

7-Odemwingie 10-Mikel 11-Nsofor

9-Obasi 8-Uche

Surprising inclusions shey? grin Believe me, this is the best starting 11 we can present from the 23 players at Angola 2010.

NB- The Nos represent their positions on the pitch. If Martins is fit to play he should start and pair Obasi in Attack while Kalu Uche plays as the Attacking Midfileder so Mikel drops to the Bench.
Just my two cents.

a team that doesnt have Yakubu in the Nigerian line-up is to be disregarded tongue the guy na mafia !

a team without Olofinjana will only mean he is not fit or Amodu just wants to monkey around with Etuhu and Ayila . . .Olofinjana is better by a mile,m u need to watch these guys in training to understand where am coming from cheesy

u put Shittu and Apam in ur team ? are u for real ? the only position that can be ceded to him right about now is the RB position and even at that I will count it a miracle if Ordiah doesnt start the next match . . .

People keep saying Amodu didnt discover anybody . . .who discovered Yusuff Mohammed ? only that the boy is a determined but piss-poor Arrow grin

The only sensible thing for Amodu to do is play

Enyeama

Ordia

Echejile

Shittu

Yobo - just because he is the captain, nothing more grin

Mikel

Olofinjana

Kalu

Osaze

Yakubu

Obasi

SUBS

Nsofor - - -this is the hope of the Nigerian team, whether we like it or not . . .against Argentina in the finals at the last Olympics, Siasia having built his team around Nsofor declined to do same and changed his plan, instead he deposited him on the left flank as against the free role he had been mastering, that effectively quelled our attacking prowess as he was wasted with Osaze as clueless as my brownest tooth grin

Kanu - - -any point bringing in this man as late as ARSENE WENGER is fond of doing ? undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by 9jafreak: 2:12am On Jan 16, 2010
[size=15pt]SHOCKING INSIGHT:[/size]

Based on what we have folks, STARTING KANU in that Creative Midfield Role - while remembering that MIKEL is actually a world-class DM

is our best way out of this morass based on the calibre of players we have.

We need someone who only thinks of passing the ball to the attackers (PLS NOT SHORT/BACK PASSES, Think XAVI)

Hard to admit but only Kanu fits the bill.
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by DrKitaun(m): 2:27am On Jan 16, 2010
There is nothing shocking about what u just posted' . . . .

where will Kanu derive strenght to play for 90 Minutes ? Peak Milk ? grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by rasputinn(m): 6:35am On Jan 16, 2010
I don't care what happens,REALLY
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by rasputinn(m): 6:39am On Jan 16, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

grin grin grin grin grin
That's right my boyyyyyyyyyyy

WICK'D
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by ayusco: 9:07am On Jan 16, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

There is nothing shocking about what u just posted' . . . .

ah ah why naw? u know he will be DETAAAARMIN grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 16, 2010
nigeria will win 2-1

courtesy of a last gap tap in in the 89th minute
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by Smartdoy(m): 10:16am On Jan 16, 2010
Did u mean Super chicken Wow! They r gonna drop points 2day again with dat tacticaless MAGA AMODU[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by otokx(m): 11:41am On Jan 16, 2010
they have no choice but to win this one; i hope however that they loose it
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by ddiamond(f): 1:07pm On Jan 16, 2010
I PRAY NIGERIA WINS THIS ONE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

AT LEAST TO HAVE A GOOD FEELING ABOUT EVERYTHING IN NAIJA AT THE MOMENT.

tongue
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by beewhyfocs(m): 1:16pm On Jan 16, 2010
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] Nigerians in our patriotism; always winning outside the pitch before the real game!

At least now, the wind has blown and we have seen the rump of the fowl. Thanks to the Egyptians team that helped reveal our SE's frailty!
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by Kelvinj(m): 1:20pm On Jan 16, 2010
2day decides amodu's future, heard he took away taiwo 4rm the squad?
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by allboyz(m): 1:26pm On Jan 16, 2010
a draw!
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by vikiviko(m): 1:29pm On Jan 16, 2010
I hope the boys rasie there game and win comfortably.

Fo once i have doubts in Amodu's technical know how.
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by chidyke77(m): 1:43pm On Jan 16, 2010
We are going to win them stop wishing them bad luck.
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by kufreabasi(m): 1:47pm On Jan 16, 2010
It is my earnest prayer that they win today's match.
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by gentlegg(m): 1:50pm On Jan 16, 2010
Fortunately I may only be watching 2nd half of the game cos my BLUES starts our game by 4.pm.    At least that will save me from 1st half heart attack of the Nigerian match.
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by psychu: 1:53pm On Jan 16, 2010
2:1 or 1:2
either way I will be happy.
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by chidyke77(m): 1:55pm On Jan 16, 2010
gentlegg:

Fortunately I may only be watching 2nd half of the game cos my BLUES starts our game by 4.pm.    At least that will save me from 1st half heart attack of the Nigerian match.
so you prefer watching chelsea match than your darling eagles? grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by psychu: 1:59pm On Jan 16, 2010
chidyke77:

so you prefer watching chelsea match than your darling eagles? grin grin

U de mind am,
Anyway thank God Arsenal is playing tomorrow grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by ilosiwaju: 2:14pm On Jan 16, 2010
With the Benin-Mozambique game that i saw oooo, we may not find it easy against them. lets only hope we up our game and they fidget.
I could be watching Man Utd. Super eagles are not worth it these days, we can only blame amodu but those boys themselves dont even care. They are very unpatriotic and lacklustre. The super eagles of Nigeria are a true reflection of the present state of Nigeria. A mess!
Hope dey sha!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Opinion: Mikel, A Key To Success Or Failure Of Super Eagles In 2018 World Cup / Mikel Obi Confirms He Will Play In AFCON 2019 / Eden Hazard Puts His Real Madrid Transfer Talk On Hold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.