Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,262 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 (19949 Views)

Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Cameroon 3.0 (Live) / African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by FBS: 7:02pm On Dec 05, 2009
Well our prayer is that our boys would have performed well in their previous two matches and this encounter is just a formality.

Its Nigeria vs Mozambique at the "on going" African Nations Cup in Angola.

Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by rasputinn(m): 4:03am On Jan 02, 2010
The Mozambicans have a point to prove,so formality or no formality,they're after the bragging rights
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by mamagee3(f): 8:57pm On Jan 02, 2010
Nigeria would win it all!!! tongue
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by urfriend(m): 9:39am On Jan 04, 2010
Super Eagles: The Search For Glory!!!

It’s the Year 2010 and the Super Eagles of NIGERIA will have their hands full when they go in search of Glory. First up will be the 2010 African Cup of Nations which kicks off in the Southern African nation of Angola from January 10-31.

Though, the Tunisia ‘94 Nations Cup champions were not seeded in their group, they are one of the favoured teams to lift the trophy in Angola. It can be recalled that the Berti Vogts-tutoured Super Eagles were bundled out in the quarter-finals by the Black Stars of Ghana who hosted the last edition of the tournament.

In this years tournament their task has been made even more difficult as they have been drawn in the same group as 2 time defending champions, The Pharaohs of Egypt. The Super Eagles will have to cross the hurdles of the dreaded Egyptians in the Group’s opening game.
EGYPT VS NIGERIA
Match Time: 4pm 
Match Date: 01-12-2010
Match Venue: Complexo da Sr. da Graça [Benguela]

READ MORE AT http://www.myhimagazine.com/?p=83
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by GTay(m): 1:12pm On Jan 11, 2010
^^^ Read More

You should be telling your subs why HiTV is not airing the competition
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jan 15, 2010
Replay SE (super eagles) in 1992 in Algeria. With Westerhof, Algeria hammered us 5-1 in the opening match, but the same team got to the final, narrowly losing to the hosts. I believe this team can and will reach the final. We will win benin & mozambique,

if we pass this group stage, we might play (tunisia, cameroon or gabon) in group D.

1. cameroon losing to gabon means that if we play cameroon and lose, then there is a BIG problem. (prediction 1-0 4 naija)

2. if we play tunisia, we will once and for all settle the scores (win them) since we drew 2 times (because nigeria was leading twice in the 2nd leg of world cup qualifiers) but our defence was bad so we could not hold onto the lead(prediction 2-1 4 naija)

3. if we play gabon, we MUST win them, gabon is not a strong team (but have strong defence that held cameroon, so we better score early before they tighten their defence
(prediction 1-0 or 2-0 for naija)
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by freecocoa(f): 10:07pm On Jan 16, 2010
its my prayer that nigeria goes a long way in this tournament but am not impressed by them at all,winning benin was very difficult 4 them,if yakubu had lost the penalty(which i tot he would/]it would have been a shameful thing,i just pray they perform better with mozambique.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by hollandis(f): 7:50am On Jan 17, 2010
This is a strong side ,the only way we can get the max 6 points is if we don't field in yakubu and yobo.I enjoyed our second half against Benin compared to the 1st because they absence of yaks and yobo ensured a sublime and enjoyable game
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by Damoche10: 10:42am On Jan 18, 2010
I beg NFF,NFA,NSC or whatever the commission that recruit or appoint coaches for the super eagles to please SACK AMODU. Amodu is not a coach. If he does this with the Argentine team it will be like a 15-0. He is not a coach! I am tired!
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by okeymadu(m): 3:40pm On Jan 18, 2010
The Super Eagles will win the match against Mozambique.
Reasons:
1. The mozambique strongest assest I think is their ability to play a cohesive football. And if we play the trio of Martins Osaze and Obasi, we can just cut off there attackers from midfield and They will find it hard to score.
2. The mozambiquecans will be playing to win because they need it to qualify. These will create spaces for the three guys (Martins, Obasi & Osaze) to operate.

In all I see a 2-1 scoreline in favour of the SE.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by okeymadu(m): 4:37pm On Jan 18, 2010
The Super Eagles will win the match against Mozambique.
Reasons:
1. The mozambique strongest assest I think is their ability to play a cohesive football. And if we play the trio of Martins Osaze and Obasi, we can just cut off there attackers from midfield and They will find it hard to score.
2. The mozambiquecans will be playing to win because they need it to qualify. These will create spaces for the three guys (Martins, Obasi & Osaze) to operate.

In all I see a 2-1 scoreline in favour of the SE.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by compu(m): 7:14pm On Jan 18, 2010
Nigeria Vs Mozambique 1:0
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by uglyguynop: 7:16pm On Jan 18, 2010
Nigeria will win with 1-0, but with a lot of struggle and pressure from the Mozies,
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by agabaI23(m): 7:17pm On Jan 18, 2010
Mozambique will win 3-0
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:22pm On Jan 18, 2010
Well, well Not so optimistic now are we, saved by a hand-ball and the cross-bar, we can now see the hand-writing on the wall.

Well I am not one for predictions without proper stats for Mozambique, but i can tell you this, whether the SE are looking to redeem their image or not. Mozambique will play as planned. we will play as we have always played. with a lot of luck and mistakes from the opponent.

If Mozambique play this way
1: Tight Mid-field
2: Wing-play especially from TTaiwo's end
3: Crosses from Corners/Free kicks and Long Throws just outside the box-18

We are done for, absolutely dead, otherwise I predict a 1-1 or 2-2 draw. Mozambique are not so tight defensively. but have good attacking style (4-4-2) I don't know why we are not playing 4-4-2

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jan 18, 2010
Let's all stop the crap about nigeria having a win.

look at the whole team, form out a team that 'can' win. I'm sure you can't do that wit the whole injury infested, old legged and bat-like coach.

2-1 in favour of mozambique( remember dis, nairalanders).

Super Eagles, I'll be waitin 4 u guys at the airport after wednesday(I MEAN THE ONES THAT WILL CARE TO COME).
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by iheanyi4u(m): 7:34pm On Jan 18, 2010
Given the 'Super Eagles' reputation of grossly underperforming, I think Mozambiquie will win or rather I want them to win. When that happens then Amodu should be sacked and a real coach hired. Better to be disgraced locally (Nations Cup) than Internationally (World Cup). . .
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 18, 2010
(iheanyi4u)

i cudnt agree more.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by imoga(m): 7:45pm On Jan 18, 2010
The Super Eagles may win but it will be with a lot of struggle becos if watch the match btw the Mozabs and the Egyptians, it is wsn't easy for the egyptian side to win. well I wish them good report!
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by blackmann(m): 8:16pm On Jan 18, 2010
i believe naija will win this match but with the way SE have been playing, coupled with the shock results that have been happening in this tourney, i will not put my money on them.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by Pharoh: 8:19pm On Jan 18, 2010
Nigeria is going to loose by two goals.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by bandely(m): 8:24pm On Jan 18, 2010
Nigeria to nick this.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by swezenberg(m): 8:27pm On Jan 18, 2010
I no fit give myself hypertension. E be like say EPL dey for that day. I go dey read the score for nairaland.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by semid4lyfe(m): 9:13pm On Jan 18, 2010
Pharoh:

Nigeria is going to loose by two goals.
F.O.O.L! You should be tied to a stake and shot

@topic
9ja wins 2-0
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by otokx(m): 9:16pm On Jan 18, 2010
Inasmuch as i want them to loose, the super chickens will win this one.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by koolchicco: 9:34pm On Jan 18, 2010
Suffer Eagles will either loose or draw!
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by An0nimus: 9:57pm On Jan 18, 2010
Football no be mathematics o!sum don even analyze SE reach finals.shiooor! shocked
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by PurestBoy(m): 10:08pm On Jan 18, 2010
semid4lyfe:

F.O.O.L! You should be tied to a stake and shot

You're a bigger FOOL. na by force to support naigeria?
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by chelseabmw(m): 10:50pm On Jan 18, 2010
god help us this time

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Pictures From The Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Match / Christian Obodo: I Outran My Captors And No Police Operation Rescued Me / What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.