Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 - Sports (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 (19958 Views)

Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Cameroon 3.0 (Live) / African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by Katsumoto: 8:55pm On Jan 20, 2010
deb:

Quite revealing. Thanks

Also, Odegbami is the second highest scorer for Nigeria on 24 goals. On recent showing, I doubt Yakubu will get to 24. Martins is most likely Nigerian player to go past Odegbami but I doubt he will get to King Yekini on 37.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by JNdupu: 8:57pm On Jan 20, 2010
Let's not get carried away with Shittu.  I have been watching him for years and though a good disrupter, I despair sometimes with his "anywhere belle face" clearances.

There is not that measured composure to either stroll out with the ball or distribute it effectively.  After all, great teams build from the back.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by DRCROSS: 9:10pm On Jan 20, 2010
good result ,they should continue this way
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by Katsumoto: 9:12pm On Jan 20, 2010
JNdupu:

Let's not get carried away with Shittu.  I have been watching him for years and though a good disrupter, I despair sometimes with his "anywhere belle face" clearances.

There is not that measured composure to either stroll out with the ball or distribute it effectively.  After all, great teams build from the back.

Most teams have one defender who is a gifted baller and another brute to scare the opposition striker. Think
Ferdinand/Campbell
Ferdinand/Vidic
Costacurta/ Baresi
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by bandely(m): 9:21pm On Jan 20, 2010
Hope we keep the performance.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by rasputinn(m): 9:54pm On Jan 20, 2010
Now the NFF has another reason not to sack Amodu.Meanwhile,the players have pocketed 5 million naira each for this qualification,while Amodu is smiling to the bank with his cool bonus of 10 million naira.

Please where are my soccer boots
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by Desdo(m): 10:02pm On Jan 20, 2010
Nigerians should be greatful to d likes of Osaze and shittu. To me these are d commited men in that team not the likes of Mikel and yakubu dat move like pregnant women on d pitch. Thank God 4 Enyeama he has improved. I hope yobo and taiwo remains on d bench til d end of the tournament
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by knotty(m): 10:09pm On Jan 20, 2010
"anywhere belle face" clearances.

[quote][/quote]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;Dna wah o

where did you get that from, man?
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by DrSidodo(m): 10:26pm On Jan 20, 2010
hmmm well all i wud say is that amodu shud stop using aiyegbeni the guy is a chicken striker
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by macroworld: 10:26pm On Jan 20, 2010
In my opinion Yakubu's playing was good today. I appreciate the stamina in which he moved through to pass the the ball on for the second goal. In fairness to him, he did the job for that goal. That second goal was crucial to the success of the match in that it demoralised the opponent a bit. We should not also forget Yakubu scored the only goal against Benin, that turned the table after the Egypt defeat. He is a useful member of the team and should not be written off. On the other hand Osaze and Martin ( for his limited time on the pitch) both did brilliantly in attacking position.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by Princek12(m): 10:33pm On Jan 20, 2010
Naija don suffer ooooo--- we day over celebrate victory over Benin and Mozambique. I repeat, Benin and Mozambique.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by paddylo1(m): 10:41pm On Jan 20, 2010
I despair sometimes with his[b] "anywhere belle face"[/b] clearances.

lol. . . grin. .havent heard that phrase since secondary school days. . .
na im be say if him belle face our net na own goal be that,  cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by Fadajasi(m): 10:58pm On Jan 20, 2010
Kanu and olofinjana r 0ut of d picture already
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by FunkyDany: 10:59pm On Jan 20, 2010
Lets thank that we won the match but we still have a lot of work to do despite winning. Amodu cannot take us to the World Cup, if he tries it he surely fail woefully.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jan 20, 2010
knotty:

"anywhere belle face" clearances.

paddy_lo:

hahahahahahahahahahaahahaha grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by Iyineda(m): 11:23pm On Jan 20, 2010
JNdupu:

paddy_lo:

LWKMD
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by semid4lyfe(m): 11:23pm On Jan 20, 2010
The mozambiquans resorted to taking shots from way outside our box 18 and only had one chance from inside the box
All in all, good performance by the eagles.
My Ratings goes thus
*V. Enyeama - definitely came to the party today. Made some very good saves & kept us in the game in the 1st half - 8/10. *Y. Mohammed - still playing below par but definitely improving from game to game. He's certainly grown in confidence and he certainly sealed up his wing today. Did a good job of covering for Osaze when he drifted into the center. He needs to do more close marking though- 6.5/10.
*E. Echiejile - Very impressive defender. So this kain player dey wey we dey suffer ourself with T.Taiwo? He did the business of defending today and he gave his opposing player close marking - 7/10.
*Danny Shittu - The captain and commander in chief on the pitch. Not too skillful and has a penchant for balløonig balls out of defence but did a good job of marshalling the defence line today & I don't recall him putting a foot wrong. Got extra point for nodding down the ball which should have resulted in our 1st goal by Obasi - 8/10
*A. Onyekachi - Very good defender. Did a lot of close marking and intercepted so many short passes interchanged by the opposing team around our 18 - 7.5/10.
*S. Kaita - Did the most marking and disrupted more opposing attacks 2day - 7/10.
*D. Etuhu - Was simply anonymous in midfield today and lost the ball a couple of times too - 5/10.
* M. Obi - Too many short backward & sideway passes when he should have run and moved forward with the ball. Dude needs a change of mentality and must show ambition & purpose with the ball. He needs a heavy dose of Osaze's 'forward always' mentality. A below par performance - 5.5/10.
* C.Obasi - His performance 2day was lukewarm. So much is expected from him particularly after what he did in the 1st match. Should have gotten 2 goals in the 1st 45 and put us ahead. Did a good job of backtracking, marking the opposing players on his wing & helping out Echiejile though - 6/10.
* O. Odemwingie - Played with passion, commitment, drive (as usual) and was the only ball carrier today. Drifted into the center from time to time & did what the other players were afraid to do, TAKE SHOTS AT GOAL (this led to our 1st goal). His runs off the ball & positional play was very good too (led to the 2nd goal). Also did a good job of backtracking and helping out Mohammed -9/10.
*Y.Aiyegbeni - Clearly lacks pace & mobility. He was too static and didn't make runs off the ball. Also needs to stop hiding behind defenders and make dummy runs to shake off his markers. Lacked positional play and should have really scored his 1 on 1 chance for some1 who says he's our best striker. Got marks for beating the offside trap and providing the assist for Osaze to score our 2nd goal though- 5/10
O. Nsofor - Should have passed a particular thru' ball to Martins but wasted it by shooting wide. Also wasted what should have been our 4th goal. Did a lot of marking and chased down the opposing defenders when they were running with the ball though - 5/10.
O. Martins - Injected some pace into the attack and forced the Mozambiquan goalkeeper into making an error just outside his 18. Also had the presence of mind to be in good position and score the 3rd goal - 5.5/10.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by semid4lyfe(m): 11:23pm On Jan 20, 2010
The mozambiquans resorted to taking shots from way outside our box 18 and only had one chance from inside the box
My Ratings goes thus
*V. Enyeama - definitely came to the party today. Made some very good saves & kept us in the game in the 1st half - 8/10.  *Y. Mohammed - still playing below par but definitely improving from game to game. He's certainly grown in confidence and he certainly sealed up his wing today. Did a good job of covering for Osaze when he drifted into the center. He needs to do more close marking though- 6.5/10.
*E. Echiejile - Very impressive defender. So this kain player dey wey we dey suffer ourself with T.Taiwo? He did the business of defending today and he gave his opposing player close marking - 7/10.
*Danny Shittu - The captain and commander in chief on the pitch. Not too skillful and has a penchant for balløonig balls out of defence but did a good job of marshalling the defence line today & I don't recall him putting a foot wrong. Got extra point for nodding down the ball which should have resulted in our 1st goal by Obasi - 8/10
*A. Onyekachi - Very good defender. Did a lot of close marking and intercepted so many short passes interchanged by the opposing team around our 18 - 7.5/10.
*S. Kaita - Did the most marking and disrupted more opposing attacks 2day - 7/10.
*D. Etuhu - Was simply anonymous in midfield today and lost the ball a couple of times too - 5/10.
* M. Obi - Too many short backward & sideway passes when he should have run and moved forward with the ball. Dude needs a change of mentality and must show ambition & purpose with the ball. He needs a heavy dose of Osaze's 'forward always' mentality. A below par performance - 5.5/10.
* C.Obasi - His performance 2day was lukewarm. So much is expected from him particularly after what he did in the 1st match. Should have gotten 2 goals in the 1st 45 and put us ahead. Did a good job of backtracking, marking the opposing players on his wing & helping out Echiejile though - 6/10.
* O. Odemwingie - Played with passion, commitment, drive (as usual) and was the only ball carrier today. Drifted into the center from time to time & did what the other players were afraid to do, TAKE SHOTS AT GOAL (this led to our 1st goal). His runs off the ball & positional play was very good too (led to the 2nd goal). Also did a good job of backtracking and helping out Mohammed -9/10.
*Y.Aiyegbeni - Clearly lacks pace & mobility. He was too static and didn't make runs off the ball. Also needs to stop hiding behind defenders and make dummy runs to shake off his markers. Lacked positional play and should have really scored his 1 on 1 chance for some1 who says he's our best striker. Got marks for beating the offside trap and providing the assist for Osaze to score our 2nd goal though- 5/10
*O. Nsofor - Should have passed a particular thru' ball to Martins but wasted it by shooting wide. Also wasted what should have been our 4th goal. Did a lot of marking and chased down the opposing defenders when they were running with the ball though - 5/10.
*O. Martins - Injected some pace into the attack and forced the Mozambiquan goalkeeper into making an error just outside his 18. Also had the presence of mind to be in good position and score the 3rd goal - 5.5/10.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by ladej(m): 11:43pm On Jan 20, 2010
semid4lyfe:

My Ratings goes thus
*V. Enyeama - definitely came to the party today. Made some very good saves & kept us in the game in the 1st half - 8/10.  *Y. Mohammed - still playing below par but definitely improving from game to game. He's certainly grown in confidence and he certainly sealed up his wing today. Did a good job of covering for Osaze when he drifted into the center. He needs to do more close marking though- 6.5/10.
*O. Nsofor - Should have passed a particular thru' ball to Martins but wasted it by shooting wide. Also wasted what should have been our 4th goal. Did a lot of marking and chased down the opposing defenders when they were running with the ball though - 5/10.
*O. Martins - Injected some pace into the attack and forced the Mozambiquan goalkeeper into making an error just outside his 18. Also had the presence of mind to be in good position and score the 3rd goal - 5.5/10.
poignant analysis. i like
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by Kgdavid(m): 11:58pm On Jan 20, 2010
Etuhu was not anonymous mate, he was there tackling alongside kaita. those two were great today. kaita probably is a bit deficient in the technical aspect of theame and Etuhu makes up for that. A lot of the balls that Etuhu lost were actually not always his fault. i obsreved a couple of occasions were he was given the ball when he was a little to tightly marked for it.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by JNdupu: 12:19am On Jan 21, 2010
ladej:

poignant analysis. i like
↲↲Me too
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by semid4lyfe(m): 12:39am On Jan 21, 2010
@ kgdavid
Etuhu and Shittu were my best players against Benin so I if I say he didn't perform well today, believe me thats how I saw it. BTW, u don't have to agree with me. It's just my own opinion. Why don't u post your own player analysis & rating so we can see?
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by Reptyle(m): 12:53am On Jan 21, 2010
Congratulation to the boys and I hope they raise their game in the next match. I still think they are playing far below the standard one would associate with a team from Nigeria. I hope this victory does not mean that Amodu will be allowed to keep his job. Even if the eagles somwhow go on to win this tourney, Amodu should be sacked and a better and more intelligent coach be gotten for the team. If lulu insist that Amodu must go to the world cup, then he can be retained as a physical trainer because that is exactly what he is right now. He is obviously not in tune with current technicalities of the game.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by ezan(m): 1:02am On Jan 21, 2010
Let's not get carried away with Shittu. I have been watching him for years and though a good disrupter, I despair sometimes with his "anywhere belle face" clearances.

There is not that measured composure to either stroll out with the ball or distribute it effectively. After all, great teams build from the back.

Exactly! And for a big guy he can't seem to stay on his feet, looking like he's about to have a heart attack. But I'll take him over Yobo and Yakubu. Speaking of Yakubu, that guy 'gats' to go!! And take Amodu with you!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by comoros: 1:17am On Jan 21, 2010
I'd say there was improvement in all areas of the field- defence, midfield and attack. Shittu was particulary the main man in the heart of the defence line, Kaita was tirelessly frustrating the passes of the opponent's midfielders to their attack, which led them to take some shots from distance, and Osaze was constantly taking the initiative to drive the ball to the Mozambicans, which was a positive sign that things would be fine after 90 minutes. The first game against Egypt was lost because we lacked any such player to take the game to the opposition. We can't afford any more complacency because the the "REAL" Super Eagles have been let loose! Yakubu should just be left on the bench to get fat on his Everton paycheck.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by cd220d: 1:21am On Jan 21, 2010
odewinge was the star of the day.capping it up with his Alanta steps.i think we can get the finals
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by FunkyDany: 1:22am On Jan 21, 2010
That pregnant striker called Yakubull is a big mistake in Nigerian team.He no fit score 20 goals for Nigeria and nobody can compare with King Rashidi Yekini of Africa, he suppose go learn mechanic or carpenter. He no get any football sense at all. He is a daft.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by waju03(m): 2:12am On Jan 21, 2010
breaking news- joseph yobo is out for 2 weeks due to yarnsh injury again j yobo is out for 2 weeks. evrybody let us celebrate.put ur hands in d air n wave it like u just dont care n let me hear u say "o yeah o yeah" n scream ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by doyin13(m): 3:39am On Jan 21, 2010
Everyone's right about Yobo being a defensive liability but he is still
undoubtedly one of our more gifted players (a noticeable decline in speed
notwithstanding). I suggest we move him up the field into defensive midfield
actually where his intermittent loss of concentration might not lead to immediate
catastrophe.

The midfield is still our problem area. Don't see how any combination of defensive midfielders
Amodu is chucking in there will work especially up the field. We need a midfielder proactive in the final third
and neither MIkel or Keita and definitely not Etuhu will provide the support upfront to the lone striker Amodu is intent
on playing.

And please, Chidi Odiah should be playing. He is too gifted an attacking fullback to be on the bench.

One positive for me from today. No Kalu Uche. The guy is wack. WACK WACK WACK. A ball juggler maasquerading
as a football player. I suspect Amodu has him in mind as the creative engine in the middle of the field. One of the
reasons why he shouldn't be coaching us at the World cup.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by deb(m): 5:25am On Jan 21, 2010

na im be say if him belle face our net na own goal be that, cheesy

LOL cheesy but I still prefer him in the team ahead of Nwanei and Yobo put together
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by semid4lyfe(m): 8:14am On Jan 21, 2010
You guys call it 'any where belle face' but I'll rather refer to it as No Nonsense Attitude and Not Taking Chances. Cut Shittu some slack. It even amazes me that for someone his size, he can move at all & his aerial power is superb. Shittu is the only defender in the team who'll throw his body at a ball & do everything within his power to block a goal bound shot. What he lacks in technique & style, he more than makes up with in commitment, hardwork, power, zeal & determination. (Shittu's case be like person wey no too sabi book but dey jack steady & wella 24/7 and hence dey pass with flying colours) That's why he plays as the sweeper (last man) while Apam plays as the stopper and does more man to man marking. I particularly like him cos he co-ordinates & marshalls the defence. After all said and said, he was our best defender in Ghana 2008 and so far he's proving to be our best defender in Angola 2010.

Immediately after the competition, I want to see Nwaneri dropped (I pray everyday nothing happens to Shittu & Apam (by way of injury & card suspensions) for Adeleye. Nwaneri has never been good & will never be. Kanu is a dead log of wood and is a total waste of space IMO.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by 2tait: 8:22am On Jan 21, 2010
It appears the eagles were not fit in that match.
Notice that they seem to tire out easily and were breathing heavily.

Anyway with Coach Amodu's team defeating Mozambique, who is still recommending Nooij (Mozambique coach) to replace Amodu?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Egypt Vs Mozambique : AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 14th January 2024 / Christian Obodo: I Outran My Captors And No Police Operation Rescued Me / What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.