Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,084 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

Xtians/muslims Can You Trust An Atheist Like Your Fellow Theist? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Xtians/muslims Can You Trust An Atheist Like Your Fellow Theist? (6245 Views)

Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? / I Am No Longer A Theist / Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xtians/muslims Can You Trust An Atheist Like Your Fellow Theist? by Nobody: 5:20am On Feb 11, 2017
I just want to know what the general views and perception towards atheists are.

Like for instance would you trust an atheist babysitter like your fellow xtian/muslim baby sitter?

Or would you trust an atheist business partner like your fellow theist partner?

If your answer is yes/no please state why.

In summary do you think atheists can be trust worthy or are you careful around them because of their undefined moral values?

Cc; analice, kingebukasblog, hond, olaadegbu, 4him, frosbel2, parisbookaddict
Re: Xtians/muslims Can You Trust An Atheist Like Your Fellow Theist? by brandonobi(m): 5:57am On Feb 11, 2017
actually I can, I'm not an atheist though but neither am I overly religious, atheists are just people, they are not evil, they just lack belief in God,I've seen religious people display acts of wickedness and violence, so if I can trust a theist den I can also trust an atheist, cus I HV nothing against them or their views.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xtians/muslims Can You Trust An Atheist Like Your Fellow Theist? by Obinnau(m): 6:00am On Feb 11, 2017
I am a Christian and I respect my religion. That being said, religion is also the opium of the masses. You mentioned undefined Moral values as a characteristics of an atheist, well... it's largely untrue. Most atheists I have had contacts and dealings with have a clear cut picture of morals, ethics and values. In fact they usually are unwavering when it comes down to doing what's right.
To answer your question, I define any person based on my perception of them and not on whether they are an atheist or not.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xtians/muslims Can You Trust An Atheist Like Your Fellow Theist? by parisbookaddict(f): 5:28pm On Feb 11, 2017
NLmember:

Like for instance would you trust an atheist babysitter like your fellow xtian/muslim baby sitter?

In summary do you think atheists can be trust worthy or are you careful around them because of their undefined moral values?

You can meet some atheists with higher moral character and charity than many pastors in nigeria. I can trust an atheist.
We may defer in ideas and opinions but i would never view atheists as inherently immoral or untrustworthy because they dont want to accept that a creator exists.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xtians/muslims Can You Trust An Atheist Like Your Fellow Theist? by Uyi168: 6:13pm On Feb 11, 2017
as sensibe individuals,we ought to judge people based on the content of their character,not religious belief!

5 Likes

Re: Xtians/muslims Can You Trust An Atheist Like Your Fellow Theist? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Feb 11, 2017
parisbookaddict:

You can meet some atheists with higher moral character and charity than many pastors in nigeria. I can trust an atheist.
We may defer in ideas and opinions but i would never view atheists as inherently immoral or untrustworthy because they dont want to accept that a creator exists.

For example, Tai Solarin had more morality and stood consistently on the principles of justice and fairness than 99% of so called crooks parading as men of God.

5 Likes

Re: Xtians/muslims Can You Trust An Atheist Like Your Fellow Theist? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Feb 11, 2017
No, never. And neither can I trust a christian. My trust is only in God.

1 Like

Re: Xtians/muslims Can You Trust An Atheist Like Your Fellow Theist? by JackBizzle: 9:36pm On Feb 11, 2017
parisbookaddict:

Parisbookaddict? So you have changed your anti-atheist ways?

Very good. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Xtians/muslims Can You Trust An Atheist Like Your Fellow Theist? by hopefulLandlord: 9:39pm On Feb 11, 2017
parisbookaddict:

hey, give Parisbookaddict back his phone

8 Likes

Re: Xtians/muslims Can You Trust An Atheist Like Your Fellow Theist? by Hond: 10:26pm On Feb 11, 2017
Obinnau:
I am a Christian and I respect my religion. That being said, religion is also the opium of the masses. You mentioned undefined Moral values as a characteristics of an atheist, well... it's largely untrue. Most atheists I have had contacts and dealings with have a clear cut picture of morals, ethics and values. In fact they usually are unwavering when it comes down to doing what's right.
To answer your question, I define any person based on my perception of them and not on whether they are an atheist or not.
What a wimpy made up story. Have you not understood the OP ? You foolishly say He is mentioning undefined moral values.

He makes it clear as daylight that he ignorant and need your help to understand trust issues with Atheists.
I was born into an Atheist family. I have never met an Atheist that is trust worthy They are too pretentious.

In my business, to fill positions of high risk, we only hire born-again Christians or staunch Muslims. Muslims make great baby-sitters while born again Christians excel at teaching young kids by example.

A respected Muslim philosopher said that the mind reveals itself in the words we use. He says, "Thus we are warned to heed the grave importance of verbal expression. It forces us to be careful indeed in this realm of written or spoken language. For the whole mind writes itself down in the word." The mind of the “Coward Atheist” is a good example in this case. I am Atheist and can quickly detect a "Coward Atheist" by the extreme pretentious language they use to deceive their prey (Religions).

Remember, there are only two types of Atheists. The coward Atheist and the Brave Atheist.
First learn how to identify the "Coward Atheist" they are dangerous, they start religious wars. They are vicious when they discriminate.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xtians/muslims Can You Trust An Atheist Like Your Fellow Theist? by Hond: 10:37pm On Feb 11, 2017
Obinnau:
Have you notice how religion is like a sex strip club for "Coward Atheists". They troll every religious topic to insult religions and even provoke hatred between Muslims and Christians. Is'nt it shocking that this type of Atheists have incited Boko Haram to destroy 800 churches in Nigeria alone.

2 Likes

Re: Xtians/muslims Can You Trust An Atheist Like Your Fellow Theist? by Hond: 11:08pm On Feb 11, 2017
JackBizzle:

Very good. grin grin
Dont continue to jump too quickly to conclusions. He is becoming smart as he learn to discern the serious character differences between the "Coward Atheist" and the Brave Atheist." I was invited to be one of the speakers at the 2012 Nigerian Atheists Organization that was held in the Haribina hotel Abuja. I was disappointed when Dr. Ogunlana Adeleke of Kogi state never turned up. He is what my father called a "Brave Atheist."

At the start of this ridiculously small meeting, all the members started to explain like little girls how they became Atheists. It was a sad state of affairs. Only one person had my respect in the meeting, it was Yemisi Ilesanmi of the UK. She opposed the call that all atheists should work to convince religionists to give up their religion for reason. Defending her argument, she asked if there is any standard to prove that atheistic views are the right or the superior ones and added that being atheist does not interpret as being intelligent or super intelligent. This position resorted into an argument between Ogunyemi Adekunle and Yemisi Ilesanmi. She was grudgingly appointed as a director. I quietly slipped out and had fun in a nearby brothel.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xtians/muslims Can You Trust An Atheist Like Your Fellow Theist? by hopefulLandlord: 11:20pm On Feb 11, 2017
^^ ignore this guy
don't entertain his idiocy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xtians/muslims Can You Trust An Atheist Like Your Fellow Theist? by Hond: 11:23pm On Feb 11, 2017
NLmember:

To keep it simple, I can only speak from experience. Most of the pretentious Atheists on NL are cowards. They refuse to deal with the topic. They are immature and insulting to all decent religious people on this platform. They quickly gang up like hungry dogs on all religeous topics. They cowardly avoid too much attacks on Muslims for obvious reasons. If you return their insults, they cowardly ban you. Damn !

So, to respond to your summary. The majority of Atheists here are what is now commonly referred to as "Cowardly Atheists." Would you trust them?

2 Likes

Re: Xtians/muslims Can You Trust An Atheist Like Your Fellow Theist? by mrmrmister: 11:26pm On Feb 11, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
^^ ignore this guy

don't entertain his idiocy

Extreme idiocy.
I'm speechless!!!

2 Likes

Re: Xtians/muslims Can You Trust An Atheist Like Your Fellow Theist? by niyihawking(m): 11:28pm On Feb 11, 2017
Hond:
Have you notice how religion is like a sex strip club for "Coward Atheists". They troll every religious topic to insult religions and even provoke hatred between Muslims and Christians. Is'nt it shocking that this type of Atheists have incited Boko Haram to destroy 800 churches in Nigeria alone.
it appears that your sole mission is to portray atheists as evil.

address the op and quit digressing.

6 Likes

Re: Xtians/muslims Can You Trust An Atheist Like Your Fellow Theist? by Hond: 12:20am On Feb 12, 2017
niyihawking:

it appears that your sole mission is to portray atheists as evil.

address the op and quit digressing.
Have you got blinders on. Read again and again before you submit your mention.

I do not portray Atheists as evil, as you foolishly assume.

Go read again ! Look out for the keywords ; Coward Atheists, Brave Atheists
Re: Xtians/muslims Can You Trust An Atheist Like Your Fellow Theist? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:30am On Feb 12, 2017
NLmember:

Let me start by defining who an atheist is. An atheist is someone who doesn't believe God. In other words they believe God is a liar. If you don't believe a person that means you think that the person is a liar. Why would you want to trust the person who believes you are a liar?

Try starting a friendship with a person without faith. If I ask you what is your name, where do you live, where do you work and you answer me, if I then say I don't believe you are telling me the truth can we establish any sort of friendship? My lack of faith in you is a strong indication that I am calling you a liar. Why then should I trust an unbeliever to be my babysitter? undecided

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Xtians/muslims Can You Trust An Atheist Like Your Fellow Theist? by Nobody: 1:43am On Feb 12, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Let me start by defining who an atheist is. An atheist is someone who doesn't believe God. In other words they believe God is a liar. If you don't believe a person that means you think that the person is a liar. Why would you want to trust the person who believes you are a liar?

Try starting a friendship with a person without faith. If I ask you what is your name, where do you live, where do you work and you answer me, if I then say I don't believe you are telling me the truth can we establish any sort of friendship? My lack of faith in you is a strong indication that I am calling you a liar. Why then should I trust an unbeliever to be my babysitter? undecided

Thank you. I appreciate your honest and detailed reply.
I find it hard to believe theists can trust atheist like their fellow religious brothers.
I know atheists that cannot even trust their fellow atheist. They will rather deal with a religious person.
Re: Xtians/muslims Can You Trust An Atheist Like Your Fellow Theist? by Nobody: 1:47am On Feb 12, 2017
Actually I am surprised to see xtians claiming they can trust atheists.
In real life the opposite is usually the case, I dunno if the xtians on this thread ate only being diplomatic.

When you tell an average Nigerian you are atheist they start looking at you like a morally bankrupt, sex obsessed, criminal psychopath.
Re: Xtians/muslims Can You Trust An Atheist Like Your Fellow Theist? by Nobody: 1:54am On Feb 12, 2017
Hond:
To keep it simple, I can only speak from experience. Most of the pretentious Atheists on NL are cowards. They refuse to deal with the topic. They are immature and insulting to all decent religious people on this platform. They quickly gang up like hungry dogs on all religeous topics. They cowardly avoid too much attacks on Muslims for obvious reasons. If you return their insults, they cowardly ban you. Damn !

So, to respond to your summary. The majority of Atheists here are what is now commonly referred to as "Cowardly Atheists." Would you trust them?

I like your sincerity.

No I wouldn't trust them. Am not very religious myself but I will never trust atheists, no matter how much they claim to be good.
Anyone can claim anything please, it doesn't make it true.

I will even trust a Muslim before I trust an atheist and that is saying much because I detest their religion.
Re: Xtians/muslims Can You Trust An Atheist Like Your Fellow Theist? by Hond: 2:14am On Feb 12, 2017
NLmember:

I like your sincerity.

No I wouldn't trust them. Am not very religious myself but I will never trust atheists, no matter how much they claim to be good.
Anyone can claim anything please, it doesn't make it true.

I will even trust a Muslim before I trust an atheist and that is saying much because I detest their religion.
Yes, "Coward Atheists" is an embarrassment to their organization.

If it has any value ; A word of advice from my "Brave Atheist" Dad, He says that no matter what you feel personally, NEVER insult others established holy doctrines. Dont detest it. Protect it.
Re: Xtians/muslims Can You Trust An Atheist Like Your Fellow Theist? by Hond: 2:24am On Feb 12, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

I admire your simplicity. Simple direct language is the territory of the wise says my "Brave Atheist" Dad.

If a car accident is filmed on youtube it is evidence and can be used in court?
"Coward Atheist" reject youtube evidence of healing. I used to do the same but after I lost a lot of money on a bet that a disabled chap wont be healed that went to TB josua was actually healed I now know how to examine video testimonies.

"Coward Atheist" don't want proof at all. They have decided there is no God and no evidence will change their mind.
Re: Xtians/muslims Can You Trust An Atheist Like Your Fellow Theist? by hopefulLandlord: 3:44am On Feb 12, 2017
^^ Thief Bee Joshua aka Sciencewatch

1 Like

Re: Xtians/muslims Can You Trust An Atheist Like Your Fellow Theist? by Nobody: 5:17am On Feb 12, 2017
Hond:
I admire your simplicity. Simple direct language is the territory of the wise says my "Brave Atheist" Dad.

If a car accident is filmed on youtube it is evidence and can be used in court?
"Coward Atheist" reject youtube evidence of healing. I used to do the same but after I lost a lot of money on a bet that a disabled chap wont be healed that went to TB josua was actually healed I now know how to examine video testimonies.

"Coward Atheist" don't want proof at all. They have decided there is no God and no evidence will change their mind.

grin grin grin
Sciencewatch grin
Spreading ignorance since TB Joshua's inception.
grin

2 Likes

Re: Xtians/muslims Can You Trust An Atheist Like Your Fellow Theist? by Nobody: 5:18am On Feb 12, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
^^ Thief Bee Joshua aka Sciencewatch
We all knew from the start.
They both write in the same erratic way.
Not to mention their display of sheer stupidity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xtians/muslims Can You Trust An Atheist Like Your Fellow Theist? by lepasharon(f): 5:22am On Feb 12, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

hey, give Parisbookaddict back his phone

Parisbookaddict is a guy?
Re: Xtians/muslims Can You Trust An Atheist Like Your Fellow Theist? by oteneaaron(m): 5:27am On Feb 12, 2017
Hond:
To keep it simple, I can only speak from experience. Most of the pretentious Atheists on NL are cowards. They refuse to deal with the topic. They are immature and insulting to all decent religious people on this platform. They quickly gang up like hungry2 dogs on all religeous topics. They cowardly avoid too much attacks on Muslims for obvious reasons. If you return their insults, they cowardly ban you. Damn !

If you were a gurl, I'd kiss you!!

Haha.....

Your words are true.....these caliber of "coward atheists" are just like every other member of other religions who believe they must convince you to join their sect.

Everyone has a right to and not to worship......insulting, bickering,....claiming to be too intelligent does no one any good.

I once met a strong christian, who after meeting an atheist, broke down in tears as she heard offensive stuff about the God she had loved and believed in all her life. She lost her faith that day......and she hated the athiest from that day onward.

Live and let live.
Re: Xtians/muslims Can You Trust An Atheist Like Your Fellow Theist? by parisbookaddict(f): 5:55am On Feb 12, 2017
JackBizzle:

Very good. grin grin

I am not anti atheist pr even anti muslim. Everyone has the right to believe what he wants. However i have made it clear that i am very anti Islam. Islam is a political ideology that wants to dominate the world and turn everyone to allah worahipping robots.

I dont agree with the atheists world view but that does not mean i cant have productive friendships with atheists.
Re: Xtians/muslims Can You Trust An Atheist Like Your Fellow Theist? by hopefulLandlord: 6:20am On Feb 12, 2017
lepasharon:

Parisbookaddict is a guy?
my bad, just saw the gender
Re: Xtians/muslims Can You Trust An Atheist Like Your Fellow Theist? by niyihawking(m): 6:57am On Feb 12, 2017
Hond:
Have you got blinders on. Read again and again before you submit your mention.

I do not portray Atheists as evil, as you foolishly assume.

Go read again ! Look out for the keywords ; Coward Atheists, Brave Atheists

lol
keyword ko, keypad ni
quit typing rubbish
Re: Xtians/muslims Can You Trust An Atheist Like Your Fellow Theist? by realtem(m): 12:17pm On Feb 12, 2017
Hmm... Let's hear more from the theists.

I don't trust people based on religion though, I let their character set the benchmark.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Had Sex With My Pastor Daughter In Church Toilet Severally... / 3 Things God Wants Us To Do As We Celebrate Easter / Top 5 Biggest Church Auditoriums In The World- All Owned By Nigerian Churches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.