Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,816 members, 7,820,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot (25828 Views)

Wike Leads The Arrest Of 15 Mechanics In Rivers Over Black Soot. PICS / Navy Burns Illegal Bunkering Site In Port Harcourt As Black Soot Takes Over / Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by jlinkd78(m): 7:48am On Feb 11, 2017
Good one our able governor
Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by simplemach(m): 7:48am On Feb 11, 2017
Not too much a bad news if asked.
Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by mich24(m): 7:49am On Feb 11, 2017
Good Job, at least we can now breath less of the soot
Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by slam7000(m): 7:49am On Feb 11, 2017
Chinese firms and ethics are like oil and water.

They don't give a damn as long as they making money and harming other people.

They have zero considerations for the health of their staff and the effects of their activities on the environment.

Nice one Wike.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by Nobody: 7:49am On Feb 11, 2017
wonderful cheesy . these foreign companies come into Nigeria and molest and abuse the land and people with unsafe practices thinking they can get away with it;with polluting her

...I'm looking at u shell gas/oil angry put them out next!!!! cheesy
Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by slam7000(m): 7:54am On Feb 11, 2017
No matter how much the Chinese contribute to Rivers state, if that air pollution issues are not sorted out, the company should be shut indefinitely.

The effect of these would felt if left unchecked years after the Chinese might have left the shores of Nigeria with hospitals overwhelm with patients who present with different forms of respiratory issues and babies born with defective respiratory organs.

Phuck em Chinese.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by Nobody: 7:56am On Feb 11, 2017
dingbang:
They have found a scapegoat....

Glory be to God

Anybody who feels silly enough to quote me wrongly without understanding my message should do at his or her own risk... Cuz am fed up with the way some nairalanders reason. .
what the heck are u saying undecided

By the way......I only quoted cuz u said not to grin bye

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by dingbang(m): 7:58am On Feb 11, 2017
RedRubberDucky:
what the heck are u saying undecided

By the way......I only quoted cuz u said not too grin bye
lol u won't understand... Some people don't understand sarcasm.. Hence my disclaimer
Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by mu2sa2: 7:58am On Feb 11, 2017
Good. But they should also clamp down on smoky vehicles, including trucks and okadas - they are also causing serious pollution.
Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by math2001: 7:59am On Feb 11, 2017
Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by seguno2: 8:01am On Feb 11, 2017
Good move by Wike.
Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by Nobody: 8:02am On Feb 11, 2017
seXytOhbAd:
Good. Im sure they will open their shop somewhere else. Monitor their activities please
shockedoh .I hadn't thought of that,I was too busy celebrating.
Let's hope they don't and if they try
... bust em again cheesy

The monitoring is a good idea.
Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by Boleyndynasty2(f): 8:02am On Feb 11, 2017
Boss13:
I remember this issue started last year. Hilda Tokunbo spoke about and it took this long for the State government to identify the culprit. I also understand this is a protest expected to take place today in Port Harcourt because of this black soot. I only hope it has not caused any health damage already.
it stopped then, it only reappeared few weeks back. But since yesterday it hasn't been that bad.
Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by deadZONE: 8:05am On Feb 11, 2017
Since Bihari left things are going well
In the country..
Please whatever is holding buhari
Down in London let it keep him
Der forever.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by paskyboy: 8:06am On Feb 11, 2017
Thank God

Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by lacoach: 8:07am On Feb 11, 2017
The company is about 5 miles from my house. May God punish them.
Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by Electroweb(m): 8:14am On Feb 11, 2017
These Chinese people want to damage our environment the way they damaged theirs.
Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by Nobody: 8:20am On Feb 11, 2017
Chinese people will not come and kill us in our own land. Wehdon sir Gov Wike
Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by HopeAtHand: 8:25am On Feb 11, 2017
The Chinese are notorious for gross environmental pollution. They have zero regard for health as far as money is being made. Chinese cities are known for having very polluted air.

I hope the authorities do not take it lightly with them, and as someone posted earlier, they should be made a scapegoat for those planning to pollute the environment.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by Nobody: 8:26am On Feb 11, 2017
So that's the only asphalt plant in port Harcourt or rivers state?

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by Bgorgeous: 8:31am On Feb 11, 2017
dingbang:
They have found a scapegoat....

You read my mind

Nobody should quote me
Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by forayfleo(m): 8:40am On Feb 11, 2017
Thank you Jesus for dis development, we are save now.
Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by Nobody: 8:47am On Feb 11, 2017
This is one hell of a good news today.
Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by cutelover19(m): 9:07am On Feb 11, 2017
ddippset:
Lol. I hope proper investigation was done and the company found culpable? Because knowing the antecedents of Wike it is very very very possible for him to go and shut one innocent company down especially if the company has any affiliation with Amaechi or an APC member. Wike is very capable of doing that.

With all due respect, you're a fool Sir! I was in port Harcourt last month and saw this with my eyes. The lives of people are at stake and all you can think of is the politics of APC & PDP? shame on you! I don't understand why I'm sharing national space with such a dumb slowpoke. Don't bother to quote me cos I won't reply. #peace

3 Likes

Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by lightuplightup: 9:10am On Feb 11, 2017
my only concern is that, do they have all the evidence and concrete facts to conclude that this Chinese firm is solely responsible for the sooth in all parts of port Harcourt ? The task force was set up only 2 days ago and they have finished their assignment in just 48 hours. We need a thorough job pls

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by bennywise30(m): 9:25am On Feb 11, 2017
Thank God nobdy died
Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by Nobody: 9:35am On Feb 11, 2017
Abbeyme:

What kind of information do you need again from the public...
What kind of question is this? The public will need to give feedback if the soot has stopped na

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by AngelJennifer: 9:47am On Feb 11, 2017
Today, the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) will give award of honour to Gov. Wike for bring peace once again in the state.
Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by Laid2001: 9:49am On Feb 11, 2017
While this is a good move in the right direction, it will not stop the sooth because there are still several illegal refineries in the creek along Alakiri and other water sides. Most of this is visible to passersby along the creeks.

Oya action governor, go against these refineries too so as to completely eradicate the sooth.

On the GSAs, once there are no illegal refineries, they will have no refineries to bomb.!!!
Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by mfm04622: 10:02am On Feb 11, 2017
larryUG:

I bet u don't know the meaning of a scapegoat.
Someone is responsible for something and you say the person is a scapegoat?

The term "Scapegoat" can also be used when one person is blamed for crimes committed by many, including the Scapegoat

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by athorello(m): 10:42am On Feb 11, 2017
I hope this is in time for my return to ph, rumuomasi axis to be precise. I have escaped this bad air for almost two months now.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. / Landslide: Buhari Wins Own Polling Unit / Senate Approves Buhari’s $16 Billion, €1 Billion Loans Request

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.