Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,260 members, 7,953,995 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:31 AM

5 Steps To Keeping The Love Flame Burning This Valentine - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Steps To Keeping The Love Flame Burning This Valentine (12412 Views)

Femi Fani-kayode Shares His Secret To Keeping A Lady / Do I Look Good For My Girlfriend This Valentine? (photos) / Avoid Sexual Immoralities This Valentine's Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Steps To Keeping The Love Flame Burning This Valentine by magazineguy(m): 9:55am On Feb 11, 2017
Valentine is pretty much around the corner and showing love is the primary base of Valentine day. Though I am not a relationship expert, I have highlighted some steps that you can use to keep the flame of love burning in your relationship.

Surprises: nothing says “thinking about you” like springing a good surprise on your partner. It can literally light up a thousand bulbs in their world. The fact that you actually thought it through to send them flowers, gifts, lunch at break time etc when they least expect it goes to show you have them in mind. Surprises show that no matter how crazy your schedule is, you still find time to arrange a thoughtful gesture; and how heart-warming is that?

Date nights: some may argue this is borrowed culture from the West but it doesn’t make it less of a way to keep the flame in your relationship alight. Date night may or may not be weekly depending on your budget/schedule but incorporating it in your relationship will surely do it a whole lot of good. Find time to seclude yourselves from the craziness of work or the chatter of kids and go out to eat a nice meal, watch a nice movie, or even go clubbing. No matter the location, time spent together as a couple is very valuable and endears partners to each other a lot more.

Public Display of Affection (P.D.A): Nigerians will stare at you in an awkward manner, iya-alata will judge you with her eyes, children in their naivety will jeer and close their eyes but it is in your power to not let the reaction from the world deter you from expressing love to your partner publicly. Hand in hand strolls, forehead kisses and stolen kisses, brushing hair off your babe’s face, whispering sweet nonsenses in each other’s ears, compliments, private jokes etc done in public make up some of the ways to display affection publicly. Granted, you may be dating an extremely shy person; it is up to you as the bolder partner to make them comfortable with PDA. No need to go about it forcibly; with more subtle gestures and time, PDA can actually grow on your once shy partner.

Remember important dates: this particularly entails anniversaries and birthdays. It doesn’t just end at remembering, also make effort to do or buy something new and special for them. Days like that come only once in an entire year and remembering shows you care. Unless under very reasonable circumstances, do not forget important dates. They are one of the life wires that keep a relationship going.

Pray: ever seen or heard where something had the Almighty’s backing and it failed? I haven’t and I’m guessing you haven’t as well. The importance of praying for your partner can never be over emphasized. Your partner’s challenges are invariably your challenges and combating them spiritually saves you both a whole lot of stress. Pray, so you don’t fall prey to the antics of the enemy; pray so your love is one that stands the test of time and above all, pray so blessings and joy does not elude you two.

source: http://tushmagazine.com.ng/1176-2/

seun, lalasticala, mynd44

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Steps To Keeping The Love Flame Burning This Valentine by Lanre90(m): 10:19am On Feb 11, 2017
Finally after almost 8 years on Nairaland
First to comment
I dedicate this post to everyone who clicks on my signature

8 Likes

Re: 5 Steps To Keeping The Love Flame Burning This Valentine by Nobody: 10:20am On Feb 11, 2017
I send?
Re: 5 Steps To Keeping The Love Flame Burning This Valentine by harry2ve(m): 10:20am On Feb 11, 2017
tongue tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: 5 Steps To Keeping The Love Flame Burning This Valentine by Jeffrey12(m): 10:20am On Feb 11, 2017
Ok
Re: 5 Steps To Keeping The Love Flame Burning This Valentine by ItzHoludex(m): 10:21am On Feb 11, 2017
me no kuku get bae

1 Like

Re: 5 Steps To Keeping The Love Flame Burning This Valentine by Pvin: 10:21am On Feb 11, 2017
For how many years now

1 Like

Re: 5 Steps To Keeping The Love Flame Burning This Valentine by Niceiroko: 10:21am On Feb 11, 2017
magazineguy:
Valentine is pretty much around the corner and showing love is the primary base of Valentine day. Though I am not a relationship expert, I have highlighted some steps that you can use to keep the flame of love burning in your relationship.

Surprises: nothing says “thinking about you” like springing a good surprise on your partner. It can literally light up a thousand bulbs in their world. The fact that you actually thought it through to send them flowers, gifts, lunch at break time etc when they least expect it goes to show you have them in mind. Surprises show that no matter how crazy your schedule is, you still find time to arrange a thoughtful gesture; and how heart-warming is that?

Date nights: some may argue this is borrowed culture from the West but it doesn’t make it less of a way to keep the flame in your relationship alight. Date night may or may not be weekly depending on your budget/schedule but incorporating it in your relationship will surely do it a whole lot of good. Find time to seclude yourselves from the craziness of work or the chatter of kids and go out to eat a nice meal, watch a nice movie, or even go clubbing. No matter the location, time spent together as a couple is very valuable and endears partners to each other a lot more.

Public Display of Affection (P.D.A): Nigerians will stare at you in an awkward manner, iya-alata will judge you with her eyes, children in their naivety will jeer and close their eyes but it is in your power to not let the reaction from the world deter you from expressing love to your partner publicly. Hand in hand strolls, forehead kisses and stolen kisses, brushing hair off your babe’s face, whispering sweet nonsenses in each other’s ears, compliments, private jokes etc done in public make up some of the ways to display affection publicly. Granted, you may be dating an extremely shy person; it is up to you as the bolder partner to make them comfortable with PDA. No need to go about it forcibly; with more subtle gestures and time, PDA can actually grow on your once shy partner.

Remember important dates: this particularly entails anniversaries and birthdays. It doesn’t just end at remembering, also make effort to do or buy something new and special for them. Days like that come only once in an entire year and remembering shows you care. Unless under very reasonable circumstances, do not forget important dates. They are one of the life wires that keep a relationship going.
er

Pray: ever seen or heard where something had the Almighty’s backing and it failed? I haven’t and I’m guessing you haven’t as well. The importance of praying for your partner can never be over emphasized. Your partner’s challenges are invariably your challenges and combating them spiritually saves you both a whole lot of stress. Pray, so you don’t fall prey to the antics of the enemy; pray so your love is one that stands the test of time and above all, pray so blessings and joy does not elude you two.

. its no longer the meaning any more but all about sex
Re: 5 Steps To Keeping The Love Flame Burning This Valentine by daddyyo(m): 10:21am On Feb 11, 2017
Gxvsh
Re: 5 Steps To Keeping The Love Flame Burning This Valentine by SavageGarden(m): 10:21am On Feb 11, 2017
YOU JUST SPOILT IT WITH "PRAYER" angry angry
This is why I'd never get along with Religion, With Christians; imagine the smugness of it all. Y'all and your delusional prayers that doesn't change nothing. Still y'all won't quit. Such profound mental slavery.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Steps To Keeping The Love Flame Burning This Valentine by Nobody: 10:23am On Feb 11, 2017
Noted
Re: 5 Steps To Keeping The Love Flame Burning This Valentine by CyberGypsy(m): 10:24am On Feb 11, 2017
single and probably not searching
Re: 5 Steps To Keeping The Love Flame Burning This Valentine by kellyimma(f): 10:24am On Feb 11, 2017
Nice one
Re: 5 Steps To Keeping The Love Flame Burning This Valentine by Soljaboi44(m): 10:31am On Feb 11, 2017
Oya...

Straight to Asaa Pyramids

lets rock kd city!!
Re: 5 Steps To Keeping The Love Flame Burning This Valentine by Iamdmentor1(m): 10:32am On Feb 11, 2017
Valentine is overrated
Re: 5 Steps To Keeping The Love Flame Burning This Valentine by Nobody: 10:37am On Feb 11, 2017
This post is for those that get babes sha.. *Kickstart my keke napep and zoom off outta the thread*
Re: 5 Steps To Keeping The Love Flame Burning This Valentine by lonelydora: 10:40am On Feb 11, 2017
Valentine in this recession? Where people dey make money sef?

Well, that's how they said it during last Christmas, but every joint and eatery was overcrowded.
Re: 5 Steps To Keeping The Love Flame Burning This Valentine by Idydarling(f): 10:43am On Feb 11, 2017
where's the boo?
Re: 5 Steps To Keeping The Love Flame Burning This Valentine by TheSCRYPT: 10:48am On Feb 11, 2017
SavageGarden:
This is why I'd never get along with Religion, With Christians; imagine the smugness of it all. Y'all and your delusional prayers that doesn't change nothing. Still y'all won't quit. Such profound mental slavery.

Leave us to be slaves Mr. Free thinker, we are not complaining.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Steps To Keeping The Love Flame Burning This Valentine by maxiuc(m): 11:10am On Feb 11, 2017
When u have a materialistic girlfrnd when is Val season ur mind go just do boom

Thankgod for Mimi I don't feel pressure at all
Re: 5 Steps To Keeping The Love Flame Burning This Valentine by eeby1983(m): 11:53am On Feb 11, 2017
magazineguy:

i will do this to you on valentine day

Re: 5 Steps To Keeping The Love Flame Burning This Valentine by dljbd1(m): 3:22pm On Feb 11, 2017
But I'm in Lagos and she's in Akure undecided
Re: 5 Steps To Keeping The Love Flame Burning This Valentine by ukeme52: 3:57pm On Feb 11, 2017
OK o
Re: 5 Steps To Keeping The Love Flame Burning This Valentine by wethebest(m): 4:15pm On Feb 11, 2017
my bae if far away. wht shud i do now?
Re: 5 Steps To Keeping The Love Flame Burning This Valentine by Rapmoney(m): 4:46pm On Feb 11, 2017
I don't condemn valentine but it feeds nobody! cool
Re: 5 Steps To Keeping The Love Flame Burning This Valentine by tosyne2much(m): 4:50pm On Feb 11, 2017
Where's the babe? cool
Re: 5 Steps To Keeping The Love Flame Burning This Valentine by kwakwakwa(m): 5:50pm On Feb 11, 2017
Huh !

grin

Idydarling:
where's the boo?
Re: 5 Steps To Keeping The Love Flame Burning This Valentine by flaky66(f): 6:06pm On Feb 11, 2017
SavageGarden:

you need Jesus grin
And I shall pray for you and all other atheists/freethinkers
Prayers help ☺ ☺ ☺

(1) (2) (Reply)

Video Of Young Lady Pumping Up Her Small Breast In A Lab Goes Viral | Watch / Watch Leaked Video Of Popular Kannywood Actress, Safiyya Yusuf (18+ Video) / Mr Nairaland Interview (day 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.