Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,081 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? (7746 Views)

Historicity Of The Bible And Justification Of Christian Faith / What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible? / What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by LxgIncrediboy(m): 9:25am On Feb 12, 2017
matrix600:
Mine is the book of Revelations.
A.k.a the book of Hallucinations.
A.k.a the book of a Delusional man.
A.k.a STAR WARS - The Battle of Armeggedon
Swear down!! grin
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by omosefeeguaibor(f): 10:09am On Feb 12, 2017
[quote author=TonyeBarcanista post=53635492]
You want to emulate? What's holding you from emulating it? It's by grace that we live, we keep trying to try. Although it ain't easy, but then God's grace is sufficient, so me trying to emulate this great personality isn't easy considering my everyday challenges that sometimes makes me fall of short. I understand I live by grace
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by Orikinla1: 10:16am On Feb 12, 2017
Isaiah.
His astonishing prophecies of the birth, crucifixion and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ are confirmations of the supremacy and excellency of Almighty God JEHOVAH.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by IdegahRichard08: 10:31am On Feb 12, 2017
Isaiah 60:1-22
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by Origin(f): 11:36am On Feb 12, 2017
Proverbs.

Need I say more smiley
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by tojahh(m): 12:11pm On Feb 12, 2017
cjudy:

Oga what is your Business? your religion Evey Friday leave businesses, schools and co activities to gather in a place for their prayer then why interfering on another man headache? Is your shop urs? aproko they carry person load like this man below
you are to radical for me to trade words with.... No need but I'll tell you, I don't worship on Fridays.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by jjstanley(m): 12:20pm On Feb 12, 2017
The book of sirach
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by FavoredGuy: 1:23pm On Feb 12, 2017
Seun:
@favoredguy: the author of Ecclesiastes didn't believe in the afterlife. Dan Barker, a popular atheist, says that it's his favorite Biblical book.
I disagree with you. True, the author belives in making the most out the this useless life but then he draws our attention to afterdeath by talking about judgement in two difference part of the book. First in Chapter 11 verse 9, he says 'Young man, enjoy your youth, ...follow your heart desire and...BUT KNOW THAT FOR ALL THESE THINGS, GOD WILL BRING YOU TO JUGDEMENT'. And in chapter 12 verse 14 he says 'FOR GOD WILL BRING EVERY DEED INTO JUDGEMENT, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil'. Is judgement taking place in this present life or in life after this? Read the verses yourself. I need your response asap please.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by Ashez: 1:25pm On Feb 12, 2017
Ecclesiastics opened my eyes, followed by Proverbs, today I cant spend a day without studying the Word. Am Saved and am Proud

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by FavoredGuy: 1:26pm On Feb 12, 2017
Seun:

King Solomon, presumably. Jews don't believe that people go to heaven or hell when they die. It's a Christian concept, like God having a son.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by janefrancisca(f): 1:30pm On Feb 12, 2017
The book of Esther....the lessons av learnt from this book av shaped me to d woman av become and hope to be...some of d lessons are: first, pride comes then the fall ( Queen Vashti)....secondly, pleasing God brings God's favour ( Esther)...even d verse prov 16 vs 7 attest to this life lesson. thirdly, God is always on time and his timing is perfect...Queen Esther time on d throne saved the Jews from extermination. Fourthly, if one's intent is to build gallows for someone else, you might end up being d one to hang on it...d verse prov 26 vs 27 says same too(Haman and his gallows). The fifth life lesson I learnt from this book is that sometimes God does some things without revealing them by words..Sixth, God has a special plan for everyone...prov 16 vs 9 buttresses this point...Esther was placed in a royal position not by chance but for a purpose. Finally, our background does not hinder our future with God...

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by FavoredGuy: 1:44pm On Feb 12, 2017
Seun:

King Solomon, presumably. Jews don't believe that people go to heaven or hell when they die. It's a Christian concept, like God having a son.
Yea, presumably because he did not categorically mention his name but used the term, '...the wisest king ever in the land of Israel...' But the Jewish misconception that life ends here was was corrected in the Gospel of Matthew 22: 22-33. It's only those Jews that don't believe in Jesus Christ or his teachings that still hold that wrong notion that there is no resurrection or life after death- either heaven or hell.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by fromnigeria(m): 1:45pm On Feb 12, 2017
FavoredGuy:
The book of the Bible that I cherish most is Ecclesiastes. For me it is the summary of the entire message of the Bible (though my opinion) because if we see life as vanity and live it as simple as it is presented in the book, there is no need to preach to us to be good again. I love each verse of this wisdom-filled book as each verse conveys a life changing message which is very comprehensible and aplplicable to true life situation. The author presents life in fullness of its futilty. '....vanity upon vanity... all is vanity'. Meaninglessness of life is presented in a heart-melting manner that anyone (christian or non christian) reading it must, at some point, pause to ponder.

As far as we know that there's time for everything under the sun, we must apply wisdom in all we do: enjoying ourselves and the outcome of our struggle, but bearing in mind that at the end, we will answer for everything we do.

Feel free to add your own.
There no favourite for me, all books are Favourite. Exception: is Songs of Solomon
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by omosefeeguaibor(f): 2:29pm On Feb 12, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

You want to emulate? What's holding you from emulating it?

PS: Ruth is a foremother of Jesus Christ
I tried to quote you, I realize I didn't do it right. Yes to your question, it's by grace that I live, I keep trying to try. Although it ain't easy, but then God's grace is sufficient, so me trying to emulate this great personality isn't easy, considering my everyday challenges that sometimes makes me fall short. I understand I live by grace.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by goodoo: 3:02pm On Feb 12, 2017
Daniel 11:32, and psalms 91:1
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by colossus91(m): 3:04pm On Feb 12, 2017
my exceptional book is Songs of solomon reason because it was wriiten by the wisest man everliveth aka badoosneh aka oshomo 1 of the world 700 wives and 300 sidechick indeed solomon is a legend to bad!! tuale!!

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by Rett0: 3:36pm On Feb 12, 2017
The book of wisdom 'Proverbs'
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:41pm On Feb 12, 2017
omosefeeguaibor:
I tried to quote you, I realize I didn't do it right. Yes to your question, it's by grace that I live, I keep trying to try. Although it ain't easy, but then God's grace is sufficient, so me trying to emulate this great personality isn't easy, considering my everyday challenges that sometimes makes me fall short. I understand I live by grace.
it is well
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by chrisav: 4:51pm On Feb 12, 2017
I have several favourites:
john 1:4-
in Him (Jesus) was life(zoe- the God life as opposed to the ordinary human, plant or animal life) and the light was the light of men( all men work in darkness outside Jesus).
the light shines on in darkness and darkness has never overpowered it( trust me u can't put out the church of Jesus)
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by omosefeeguaibor(f): 6:03pm On Feb 12, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
it is well
Amin.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by jenavism44: 7:59pm On Feb 12, 2017
"There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death." (Romans 8:1-2).i love the book of Romans,it touches every aspect of christianity:the gospel of christ,the love of God,our faith in God,our salvation.our christian conduct,etc
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by George2016(m): 8:08pm On Feb 12, 2017
3rd John vs 2.
This is my best portion because it's God's utmost plans for man.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:31pm On Feb 12, 2017
omosefeeguaibor:
Amin.
you right

I admire your determination

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by stevejomo(m): 10:20pm On Feb 12, 2017
smiley smiley smiley
The book of Isaiah
Especially Isaiah 40[color=#006600][/color]
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by ichuka(m): 11:16pm On Feb 12, 2017
Fairgodwin:

'Portrays,' I'm sure you meant.
Lol
My bad!!
Thanks
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by ScienceWatch: 11:02am On Nov 05, 2017
Seun:
@favoredguy: the author of Ecclesiastes didn't believe in the afterlife. Dan Barker, a popular atheist, says that it's his favorite Biblical book.
A very useful and powerful observation Sir. That is why my favorite book is the Gospels because the spirits on the dark side hate this book.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 12 Most Beautiful Nigerian Pastor's Wife ( Photos ) / Breaking News: Pope Benedict XVI Converts To ISLAM / King Solomon In The Bible And Bill Gates, Who Is The Richest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.