Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,073 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? (7751 Views)

Historicity Of The Bible And Justification Of Christian Faith / What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible? / What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by Fairgodwin(m): 7:57am On Feb 12, 2017
ichuka:
The Book of John
Portals the very nature of Jesus Christ.

'Portrays,' I'm sure you meant.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by Vaxt(m): 7:58am On Feb 12, 2017
Mathew 11:28 God has all Follow him & have it
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by dingbang(m): 7:58am On Feb 12, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

You want to emulate? What's holding you from emulating it?

PS: Ruth is a foremother of Jesus Christ
una don start now.. Which one be foremother again... Lawd!
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by sunkoye: 7:59am On Feb 12, 2017
The book John -you always av a peep of what's happening in the unseen realm

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by atoleybaba(m): 8:03am On Feb 12, 2017
2 timothy.....chapter 3:16 gives me reason why I should love every verse of the bible cos it is for teaching, reproving and for setting things straight....if humans live according to d instruction of the bible, the world will be a better place...
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by spencekat(m): 8:03am On Feb 12, 2017
Proverbs.it is filled with deep words of wisdom.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by perryy(m): 8:04am On Feb 12, 2017
tojahh:
I spoke with a friend who's self-employed, she told me she will be closing her business office throughout the coming week for a church programme organized by the church district. I really berated her for it.

Now, I want to talk to Our "Pastors" and Church CEO's, how can you program a church activity for Working Hours on Working days? The same time that people ought to be out "hussling" and working to earn something, you ask them to come to church for a program?? Are you going to pay them or pay their bills at the end of the month? It baffles me when I hear churches having programs between 9a.m and 5p.m on a working day. Encourage your members to have something doing, to engage themselves in something productive, not asking them to be in church 24/7. Listen : Prayers without Work will lead you not just to poverty but make you die of hunger.. Almighty God Worked for 6days and only had 1day of rest.. The Same Pastor is at his work place(church) everyday, he earns his income from the church. You, just abandon yours, don't work, go and sleeping in the church, at the end of the day, wait for God to miraculously bless you.. Your waiting may be endless..

Nigeria is adjudged to have the highest numbers of churches in the world..yet evil prevail in the land. Christianity isn't in church attendance, its in your personal wal k with your God. Work out your own salvation!!!

Truest truism!

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by Mouthgag: 8:08am On Feb 12, 2017
THE BOOK OF EXODUS, LEVITICUS AND OTHERS

BECAUSE THEY ARE PILLED WITH ABSURD BULLSHÎTS AND THE HYPOCRITE CHRISTIANS OF TODAY ALWAYS IGNORE ALL THE RULES THERE, THAT ARE SUPPOSED TO LIVE BY.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by 18SNVL: 8:09am On Feb 12, 2017

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by sarrki(m): 8:10am On Feb 12, 2017
dingbang:
favorite book and not chapter and verse

Jeremiah no be book?
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by Nobody: 8:10am On Feb 12, 2017
Seun:

King Solomon, presumably. Jews don't believe that people go to heaven or hell when they die. It's a Christian concept, like God having a son.

As a matter of fact the Jews believed in reincarnation and there's nowhere in the bible where Jesus condemned that particular teaching.

It is said that early Christians actually believed it too. I'm yet to confirm that though.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by Nobody: 8:12am On Feb 12, 2017
18SNVL:
*****Spoiler Alert*****For those who never read dem Bible I am about to spoil Genesis for you O so look away.

I love Genesis too. Too many miracles. The creation story was beautiful. The beginning of the end really if you think about it. Then the whole confusion with the tree, in my mind I am like God (All Knowing, Infinite Wisdom, Alpha and the Omega) creates a tree knowing we human are going to eat it anyway, that sounds like a recipe for disaster. God (All Knowing, Infinite Wisdom, Alpha and the Omega) creates woman knowing she would cause the downfall of humanity. This is what the Israelites believe O not me. SMH.

Okay still on Genesis what about the old age of those folks and even the genealogy of those first generation of human people accurately listed in the pages of the first book. You could see how the age of man goes from 1000 to literally 100 in a few generations. Interesting really. BS though.

Ahhhh, the ark story.This one tops it off. I do not know if the ark is real or spiritual but Christians believe all the animals in the world entered into a wooden boat. HAHAHAHA that is just terrible man.

undecided

What do you know?

Woman did not cause the downfall of man. She didn't force the man to eat. He ate of his own free will.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by tens4real(m): 8:13am On Feb 12, 2017
sarrki:
Jerimiah 32:27
ehhhh so sarrki too dey go church? Akanbilieveit

Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by dingbang(m): 8:13am On Feb 12, 2017
sarrki:

Jeremiah no be book?
dem ask u for chapter? Na so una dey take fail exam
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by 18SNVL: 8:14am On Feb 12, 2017
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by sarrki(m): 8:14am On Feb 12, 2017
dingbang:
dem ask u for chapter? Na so una dey take fail exam

My Good lord will have mercy on you
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by dingbang(m): 8:15am On Feb 12, 2017
sarrki:

My Good lord will have mercy on you
ogbeni go and sit down one place

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by nightingalee: 8:19am On Feb 12, 2017
Luke 11:23 “He that is not with me, is against me: and hee that gathereth not with me, scattereth.” (KJV)
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by udo001(m): 8:19am On Feb 12, 2017
Ecclesiastic,for it's wisdom and intelligent approach towards life in general.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by Nobody: 8:21am On Feb 12, 2017
18SNVL:
I do not know anything.

Please quiet down with that lousy defense.

Blaming other people for your poor life choices isn't really manly.

Guy, man up! cool
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by 18SNVL: 8:23am On Feb 12, 2017
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by Lekewhite(m): 8:26am On Feb 12, 2017
Psalm
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by Eddiecute86(m): 8:28am On Feb 12, 2017
Seun:

King Solomon, presumably. Jews don't believe that people go to heaven or hell when they die. It's a Christian concept, like God having a son.

Don't you think you are a bit derailing from the thread? you are literally sound like it's only christians that believed in heaven or hell you failed to mention muslims or have you suddenly developed selective amnesia.
I guess you are a muslim and not an atheist as claimed.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by Nobody: 8:29am On Feb 12, 2017
18SNVL:

Dude. Irrelevant. Lol.

Very relevant. Dude. smiley
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by kerryjossy(f): 8:29am On Feb 12, 2017
I love every book of the New testament especially Romans and Hebrew. They will give u deep insights for Christian life.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by Funjosh(m): 8:48am On Feb 12, 2017
The Book of JOSHUA.

It shows History, Geography and Government.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by matrix600(m): 8:51am On Feb 12, 2017
Mine is the book of Revelations.
A.k.a the book of Hallucinations.
A.k.a the book of a Delusional man.
A.k.a STAR WARS - The Battle of Armeggedon

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by purem(m): 9:16am On Feb 12, 2017
lepasharon:

who wrote ecclesiasties? shocked

King Solomon
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by acerr(m): 9:17am On Feb 12, 2017
Revelations cos it will make a good horror film.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by LxgIncrediboy(m): 9:21am On Feb 12, 2017
The Book of Revelations... I read all through at one sitting when I was about 13 or so... So thing about the impending doom seem so sizzling and captivating. I've always had a flare for chaos and the dark side grin
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by murmee: 9:25am On Feb 12, 2017
kerryjossy:
I love every book of the New testament especially Romans and Hebrew. They will give u deep insights for Christian life.
You are so on point. God bless you!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

King Solomon In The Bible And Bill Gates, Who Is The Richest / Advise To People Whom Enjoy Cursing Anointed Men Of God Like Bsp David Oyedepo / Why Hasn't God made an amputated limb grow back?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.