Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,546 members, 7,819,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. (60422 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by 4Play(m): 8:58pm On Dec 14, 2009
Bunch of numpties. There is no way Arsenal are finishing in the top 2 this season. These people never learn.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by agabaI23(m): 9:03pm On Dec 14, 2009
4 Play:

Bunch of numpties. There is no way Arsenal are finishing in the top 2 this season. These people never learn.
We have heard you.
Next please!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by dayokanu(m): 9:40pm On Dec 14, 2009
GAYYners, Sorry I forgot to ask you HOW MARKET!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by debosky(m): 9:47pm On Dec 14, 2009
dayokanu:

GAYYners, Sorry I forgot to ask you HOW MARKET!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quite good thanks - a number of major rivals dropped points and we are closer to the top of the table. cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by dayokanu(m): 9:54pm On Dec 14, 2009
WHen are you guys going to ever get to the top.

Debo you should be worried, Arsenal has been trophyless for half of your ADULT life. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Pray your kids would celebrate a trophy in their lifetime.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by debosky(m): 9:55pm On Dec 14, 2009
dayokanu:

WHen are you guys going to ever get to the top.

Debo you should be worried, Arsenal has been trophyless for half of your ADULT life. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Pray your kids would celebrate a trophy in their lifetime.

Why should I worry - even if we go trophyless forever we are still better than that useless club called Bayern. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by dayokanu(m): 10:00pm On Dec 14, 2009
This is disturbing, Debo is resigning to a lifetime of trophylessness.

Life must suck being a GAYYner
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by 4Play(m): 10:23pm On Dec 14, 2009
Trophies are so old fashioned. It's running around in circles with fancy footworks that gayners watch football for.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by debosky(m): 11:38pm On Dec 14, 2009
4 Play:

Trophies are so old fashioned. It's running around in circles with fancy footworks that gayners watch football for.

Sharrap - we'll win trophies in our own time.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by rasputinn(m): 7:36am On Dec 15, 2009
I knew it that with the stupid fluke victory Bayern Munshit secured in Turin,Dayo would crawl out of it's his hole
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by rasputinn(m): 7:41am On Dec 15, 2009
Why does Cryuff want to distract Cesc,is he on anybody's payroll to do this nonsense Invited to play for nation of Catalunya shocked shocked shocked,this is one huge joke I'm sure the Prof won't find funny

Anyways,AW has told them that he didn't rest the players against Olympiacos to now go and play in one yeye "national" friendly
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by HNIC(m): 10:11am On Dec 15, 2009
I can see haterz can't even keep their mouth shut even when we won away in a week where everyone else lost or drew at home?
Shame, isn't it?
Even those manc owned tabloids and Scouser dominated Footie shows are giving us credits!!! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by v3: 10:38am On Dec 15, 2009
tee hee hee, them scummies & haterz are at it again! I see DK is show-boating again. . . Good to know B. Munscum hve qualified, do they have the balls to ride the storm. . Only time'll tell!

The German league's NOWHERE near the English league! Let THAT sink-in. . .Oh & market dey good o, as u can see. . .We have a game in hand & an opportunity to close the gap on Chelsea! cool

Till then, sit back & enjoy d beautiful game! cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Ibime(m): 10:53am On Dec 15, 2009
@ Muki,

Wiv regard to ya last PM, check your email. I also hope you will honour the request I set forth in that email. cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by mukina2: 11:16am On Dec 15, 2009
Ibime
i saw it grin waka! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by v3: 11:20am On Dec 15, 2009
Song is now one of the most important players in our team  cool. His positional sense is improving with every game as his tackling, but his biggest asset is his composure on the ball. No other holding midfielder that I can think of is anywhere near as good a footballer as him.

His development, two years after being booed off by his own fans, is in itself a testament to Wenger's philosophy.
Spot the difference: Mikel Obi £20m shocked shocked Blood of God
                               Hargreaves £18m Wiv injury probz. . .NOT A CHANCE!
                               Mascherano £17m Lawd have mercy! shocked
                               Song £2m.  cry cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Ibime(m): 11:24am On Dec 15, 2009
mukina2:

Ibime
i saw it grin waka! grin

So na so you wicked reach?. . . . I thought our relationship was "scratch my back, I scratch your back". . . . when the grass is cut, the snakes will show. . . . . no wahala. . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by mukina2: 12:01pm On Dec 15, 2009
Ibime:

So na so you wicked reach?. . . . I thought our relationship was "scratch my back, I scratch your back". . . . when the grass is cut, the snakes will show. . . . . no wahala. . . .
sharap dia, i don reply you tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by No2Atheism(m): 12:09pm On Dec 15, 2009
v3:

Song £2m.  cry cool

This is an embarrasment to Chelski, ManUSA, Spuds and Liverpool that seem to be spending the whole bailout TARP money grin . . .just to create a team grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by debosky(m): 12:18pm On Dec 15, 2009
v3:

Song is now one of the most important players in our team  cool. His positional sense is improving with every game as his tackling, but his biggest asset is his composure on the ball. No other holding midfielder that I can think of is anywhere near as good a footballer as him.

His development, two years after being booed off by his own fans, is in itself a testament to Wenger's philosophy.
                               Song £2m.  cry cool
Let's be realistic - Chelski have won 2 FA cups with Mikel, Utd has won league titles and UCLs with Hargo. . . what have we won with Song?

The only one you can diss is maybe Mascherano since they haven't won anything with him. What has waiting for Song cost us?

Song has improved, but we must look at the success of the club while the player was there as well.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by slimshay(m): 12:46pm On Dec 15, 2009
Well Debosky, Song deserves the accolades he's getting now, empty cabinet notwithstanding. Im not unto the comparism things just yet, but those comparism are fair pointers to what you can do with someone you truly believe in.

You only need to see what Carlo Ganganonsense said on Goal.com the day Juventus signed Melo to understand this misplaced concept about ensuring quality by doling it out.

Song is right now above his peers in his department. And to think he was being roundly criticised in one and every forum just lasts eason. To the extent of being booed on the field of play by his own fans?!! Like Dre said, some came up, some just didnt. He's earned his stripes the hard way, by God's grace he's on course to earn his medals. And that is what champions are made of!!!

TO RED AND WHITE ARMY!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by debosky(m): 12:51pm On Dec 15, 2009
slimshay:

Well Debosky, Song deserves the accolades he's getting now, empty cabinet notwithstanding. Im not unto the comparism things just yet, but those comparism are fair pointers to what you can do with someone you truly believe in.

You only need to see what Carlo Ganganonsense said on Goal.com the day Juventus signed Melo to understand this misplaced concept about ensuring quality by doling it out.

Song is right now above his peers in his department. And to think he was being roundly criticised in one and every forum just lasts eason. To the extent of being booed on the field of play by his own fans?!! Like Dre said, some came up, some just didnt. He's earned his stripes the hard way, by God's grace he's on course to earn his medals. And that is what champions are made of!!!

TO RED AND WHITE ARMY!!!

Song deserves his accolades - but what about Wenger? Song is doing well but at what cost to the side? That's the question. If we say Utd was wasteful but they won trophies then we were wasteful since we've wasted years and got no trophy.

Comparison of players is well and good on ability, but when cost is brought into it, the benefit to the club must be examined. Granted the FINAL analysis will have to be when they leave the clubs, I'd say Hargo and Mikel have been worth their price since Utd and Chelski have won during their careers there.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by slimshay(m): 1:12pm On Dec 15, 2009
Common Debo, including plus £30 mill for Sheva? Im talking costs here. So that expense was worth it too?! So they can brag about wining something we were almost taking for granted?! Do you really believ that amount doled out for Sheva won them the trophies they got in his time. He scored 3 league goals in one season. 3!!!! Our 10mill defender has already gotten as much and its not yet Christmas.

Getting into finances as against trophies will seem to put you into 2 camps (medialistically speakin), spend and win, or dont spend and struggle. But that really is not true. Case in point Melo vs Song. One wins Golden Dustbin, the other leaves us droolin. One was meant to cost us about £10mill or more, the other at the time cost us nothin cos we owned him already. Will you pick Melo over Song today.

It was one of those interesting fact to find out that Berba who was sat on the bench was worth as much as the Barca front line. Well barca had to go 2 years to achieve that too. We have had to go longer yes but who says we are not really on track.

Im not sayin im not pained at the length of the draught, but trying to keep some perspective here. This is the path we have chosen, we have seen the harder times I am not about to start getting all critical when we are seeing better times.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by babypalm: 1:16pm On Dec 15, 2009
gunners for life, i believe this season is the one in which we will stake our proper claim to the premier league title. And then, all our critics will marvel at the beauty of football that we play and the way we make football look so easy , which is not.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by debosky(m): 1:21pm On Dec 15, 2009
slimshay:

Common Debo, including plus £30 mill for Sheva? Im talking costs here. So that expense was worth it too?! So they can brag about wining something we were almost taking for granted?! Do you really believ that amount doled out for Sheva won them the trophies they got in his time. He scored 3 league goals in one season. 3!!!! Our 10mill defender has already gotten as much and its not yet Christmas.

Sheva I'd say can be excluded as a royal failure and all clubs have those flops including us even if not that expensive.

Getting into finances as against trophies will seem to put you into 2 camps (medialistically speakin), spend and win, or dont spend and struggle. But that really is not true. Case in point Melo vs Song. One wins Golden Dustbin, the other leaves us droolin. One was meant to cost us about £10mill or more, the other at the time cost us nothin cos we owned him already. Will you pick Melo over Song today.

I'd pick Song, primarily because he's grown with the side and is 'one of us' in a sense. Melo and Song is a reasonable comparison, but not with other players who have obviously contributed to title successes.

It was one of those interesting fact to find out that Berba who was sat on the bench was worth as much as the Barca front line. Well barca had to go 2 years to achieve that too. We have had to go longer yes but who says we are not really on track.

Whether we are 'really on track' is debatable - after 2007/08, we regressed badly last season no question about it. We look slightly better this time around, but time will tell.

Im not sayin im not pained at the length of the draught, but trying to keep some perspective here. This is the path we have chosen, we have seen the harder times I am not about to start getting all critical when we are seeing better times.

Perspective is good, that's why the comparisons should be made in that light - Mikel has been instrumental to Chelski's success in the past two seasons, therefore his price vs trophies is a reasonable argument.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by slimshay(m): 1:44pm On Dec 15, 2009
If i were say Moyes shoppin for DM in Everton now, I will not pick Song just cos he's grown with my side and one of us, i will pick him because right now he's better than Melo.

The fact that we look better this season is what makes me say we are on track. Im not losing faith. Like i say, we shld take it one game at a time, so im not going to go in conjectures and permutations. So far so good, one game at a time we have gotten 6 in 6 points. That means we are on track.

Well the success thing shld also be put into perspective. Believe me i dont want to go into this argument sha. Cos it creates a conflict within me too. e.g. I want trophies. I want it bad. Liverpool wants trophies, they want it bad. Right now Arsenal is smiling somewhat, finanaces look good, morale okay, well Liverpool is. . . . anyone smiling in Liverpool now must be high!!!

Am i then content with where we are, no, but are we then unsuccessful, no!!! We have been successsful in making write-offs into sought-afters, now all is left is for our sought-afters to get on field success, then its lala-land for me.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by A40(m): 1:58pm On Dec 15, 2009
@Debo
Our failure these last seasons has been down to Wengernomics! (Tactics,player management) more than anything else. Song has really shown growth and if you put a Hargreaves,Mascherano or Mikel in Arsenal we would still win nada in other words Wenger has stretched this team past its elastic limit and has tried to fly with a car. Utd won titles without Hargreaves and Chelsea dont need Mikel to win whereas with us a healthy Song does not guarantee trophies. I think the blame should be pointed majorly at Wenger for not strengthening as at when appropriate his rigidity is what has cost us! looking at our back 4 alone taking out Verm or Gallas would affect us badly now breaking up any CB partnership would affect Chelsea or Utd but it would affect us to a larger degree
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by follypimpi(m): 2:27pm On Dec 15, 2009
@A-40

Am pretty sure AW won't sign a CB come january but would rather draft Song to CB and have denilson play the hold DM.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by A40(m): 2:49pm On Dec 15, 2009
@Follypimpi
This is why we have not won anything for 4 seasons. Denilson is clearly too lightweight to play DM. Our weaknesses are damn too obvious and season after season it keeps playing like a track on loop. Last season it took the scare of missing out on UCL footie for him to splurge on Arshavin. He has been more reactive than pro-active and as a DBA we are taught that thats the recipe for disaster
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by follypimpi(m): 3:01pm On Dec 15, 2009
A-40:

@Follypimpi
This is why we have not won anything for 4 seasons. Denilson is clearly too lightweight to play DM. Our weaknesses are damn too obvious and season after season it keeps playing like a track on loop. Last season it took the scare of missing out on UCL footie for him to splurge on Arshavin. He has been more reactive than pro-active and as a DBA we are taught that thats the recipe for disaster

AW wont ever learn we ve made quite alot of money from the sales of ADE/KOLO all we need now is 1 cb,1 dm and 1 good non-cup tied attacker.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by HNIC(m): 3:05pm On Dec 15, 2009
follypimpi:

@A-40

Am pretty sure AW won't sign a CB come january but would rather draft[b] Song to CB [/b] and have denilson play the hold DM.

@Folly
Song will be off to the ANC, unless you are talking of when he comes back.
However, I doubt if Senderos leaves that ,AW won't get a CB
That would be suicidal shocked
I am tired of my blood pressure shooting up grin whenever I see Gallas  or Verm limping(I hate to see the Geriatric one warming up grin)
We need a CB when Phillippe departs and of course  a striker to take care of Robin's absence!
How much can Arsenal make from suing the Dutch FA
Enough to sign and pay the wages of a new striker grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by v3: 3:17pm On Dec 15, 2009
hnic,
now you've got shots of cold tingyz crawling down my spine! shocked shocked shocked

I dey hold vigil for verm n gallas everynight. . . mk dem ALWAYS see them period! cool even if it means me lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin grin

Wenger cud be stubborn but his buyz have all been class! cool

If wenger were on NL, na debosky go us vex kill am first, b4 hnic bury am! grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (100)

Manchester City Vs Arsenal - (3 - 0) On 17th June 2020 / Chelsea Vs Manchester City (2- 1) On 25th June 2020 / Chelsea Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On November 28 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.