Stats: 3,150,749 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. (60090 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by duduspace(m): 2:11pm On Dec 11, 2009
follypimpi:

Alex song just needs to learn how to shoot on target now and all will be crease.

Gbam! I suggested this to a friend a while back and he said he didn't think Song had the physique to take accurate shots being top heavy grin but I think he can work on it.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by follypimpi(m): 2:24pm On Dec 11, 2009
duduspace:

Gbam! I suggested this to a friend a while back and he said he didn't think Song had the physique to take accurate shots being top heavy grin but I think he can work on it.

Well the arsenal kinda play does not support shooting when you can pass grin grin grin.Haven't u noticed AA now is passing more rather than shooting.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Sauron1: 2:28pm On Dec 11, 2009
allboyz:

on a more serious note, Sauron - if RVP were to be injury free this season. . . i can bet wiv ma wife that he willbag a 30+ goals this season cool

grin grin grin grin grin
This is hilarious!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by debosky(m): 2:31pm On Dec 11, 2009
duduspace:

hmmm Debosky, yu've got a point and we don't have the full contract details but its all about player power (remember Flamoney?). What I'm glad about is the fact that Song got a new one cos he deserved it. I mean, if Walcott is on 60K per week then Song should ideally be on 80-100k per week but we know Theo is their pikin and filling our English quota Arsene is often accused of not filling enough so no need to be too vexed about it. I hear Song is now in the 45k to 55K bracket and will likely be offered an improved contract yet again next season.

Walcott isn't on 60k per week that's for sure. Secondly, you just don't pay a player money cos he's English - if he is quality then he deserves it SIMPLE. It's not about just giving money for the fun of it.

I don't believe so much about player power - Wenger should be able to negotiate a hard bargain - Wes Brown was forced to remain at Utd cos the club negotiated well, so we can do the same as well, while paying a fair wage not exorbitant amounts.

I don't want a 'quota' as such, but good players period.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by follypimpi(m): 2:37pm On Dec 11, 2009
Walcott IMO is a 1 hit wonder. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by presido1: 2:47pm On Dec 11, 2009
debosky:

Wes Brown was forced to remain at Utd cos the club negotiated well, so we can do the same as well, while paying a fair wage not exorbitant amounts.
When will you stop comparing United with your shitty club, Arsenal can never be United Biko. It will be better you do the comparism with Spurs and Villa not even Citeh or chavs.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by debosky(m): 2:50pm On Dec 11, 2009
presido1:

When will you stop comparing United with your shitty club, Arsenal can never be United Biko. It will be better you do the comparism with Spurs and Villa not even Citeh or chavs.

Shut up there and go drink some palmwine - anu mpam
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Sauron1: 2:58pm On Dec 11, 2009
presido1:

Don't mind Debosky. . . . .citing Wes Brown's case here is a tad folly.
Brown agreed to stay with United because United stuck with him through thick and thin. . . .
He sat down and thunk: Nah, i cannot leave this people. . . . .They have won things for me, they were patient with ma injuries and i owe em.

Tell us any spectacular thing Arsenal have done for Walcott to make him stay with y'all. . . . .The lack of trophy or Eboue's British accent?? grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by debosky(m): 3:01pm On Dec 11, 2009
~Sauron~:

Don't mind Debosky. . . . .citing Wes Brown's case here is a tad folly.
Brown agreed to stay with United because United stuck with him through thick and thin. . . .
He sat down and thunk: Nah, i cannot leave this people. . . . .They have won things for me, they were patient with ma injuries and i owe em.

Tell us any spectacular thing Arsenal have done for Walcott to make him stay with y'all. . . . .The lack of trophy or Eboue's British accent?? grin grin

Many things - if he wasn't with us, he wouldn't have gotten a Nike advert. grin

Furthermore, we've paid his wages all through his multiple injuries for England and have consistently stood by him when he had his two shoulder surgeries which were genetic defects.

What else do you want us to do?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Cristalz(f): 3:06pm On Dec 11, 2009
Tayoccu, where you at?
Liverpool - Arsenal match thread isn't on the board.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Sauron1: 3:13pm On Dec 11, 2009
debosky:

Many things - if he wasn't with us, he wouldn't have gotten a Nike advert. grin

Cameron Jerome plays for Birmingham and he copped a contract with Nike when he was still a Championship player.

Furthermore, we've paid his wages all through his multiple injuries for England and have consistently stood by him when he had his two shoulder surgeries which were genetic defects.

We paid Saha's wages and consistently stood by him too. . . . .Saha copped £90k per week in 2007/8 and he made only 6 league starts that season.

What else do you want us to do?

Pay him £90,000 a week. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by BinghiNya(m): 3:33pm On Dec 11, 2009
Arses be ready to be whooped by loserpool on sunday. Sir Torress is back.
I am yet to see the boastful allboys post his predos again.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Image123(m): 4:11pm On Dec 11, 2009
One thing I'm clear on, is that Arshavin will not score 4goals even as the probable top striker for the game. It baffles me that he has reduced his shot taking just as Rosicky did. I thought it was helping the team.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by dayokanu(m): 4:47pm On Dec 11, 2009
Walcott IMO is a 1 hit wonder

When was this hit you are talking about?

Gaynners 4 losses in 3 weeks, Must suck being a GAYYner
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by duduspace(m): 4:54pm On Dec 11, 2009
debosky:

Walcott isn't on 60k per week that's for sure. Secondly, you just don't pay a player money cos he's English - if he is quality then he deserves it SIMPLE. It's not about just giving money for the fun of it.

I don't believe so much about player power - Wenger should be able to negotiate a hard bargain - Wes Brown was forced to remain at Utd cos the club negotiated well, so we can do the same as well, while paying a fair wage not exorbitant amounts.

Walcott is on 60K per week confirmed, after the likes of RVP, Cesc and Gallas he is in the next band of higher earners, he even earns more than the likes of Sagna and Clicy and possibly even Vermaelen. His contract had to be increased because he was earning less than 1/3 of what the other players in the English national team were earning on his previous contract. Clichy, Sagna and Eduardo are in the 45K - 55K bracket with Song recently moving into that band while Vela's new contract is between 35K and 40K. Check out the recent version of FM2010 and you'll get all the info.

Actually I'm not bothered much about what he earns if he performs, to whom much is given and all that blah blah blah.

Player power dey o, its not easy keeping a full mexican international when there are others looking for him and can wind down his contract and leave for free, remember also that we've spent so much on him already having had him on our books since 2005.

Don't mean to be cheeky, can you guess how much Ade is earning in City?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by debosky(m): 7:52pm On Dec 11, 2009
Ade is earning above 100k at City, but again, I don't think Walcott can be earning 60k right now. As you said, the key thing is performance.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by allboyz(m): 9:04pm On Dec 11, 2009
60k is too much for walcy at this level.

@sauron - i dey lie? RVP = 30 goals this season? angry angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by duduspace(m): 12:11am On Dec 12, 2009
debosky:

Ade is earning above 100k at City, but again, I don't think Walcott can be earning 60k right now. As you said, the key thing is performance.

Ade is on 170K at City, he is the 2nd highest earner after Robinho, he was on about 100K when with us. I feel for Theo atimes because he has to prove that he is now within the big boy's rank when I'm not actually sure he has actually reached that level and Arsene will not pay someone to be a bench warmer so its make or break time and he is now feeling the heat. Ade's contract before his 30 goal season was in the 35k to 40k range so you see where the beef arose from when he couldn't reach those heights again after pulling all sorts of public stunts to get his raise.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by debosky(m): 12:37am On Dec 12, 2009
Dudu I seriously dispute your pay figures - if Ade was earning 100k was he the highest earner at the club?? His wages were doubled from about 40k to 80k a week or thereabouts.

As far as I know, the highest paid - Gallas and co earn about 90k a week, so there's no chance of Ade earning that much at Arsenal. Walcott might be earning 60k in reality but I'd seriously be pushing him hard to perform if he was earning that much at the club.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by dayokanu(m): 8:40am On Dec 12, 2009
GAYYners How market?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by ayusco: 10:27am On Dec 12, 2009
^^^fine donkey konga
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by allboyz(m): 11:09am On Dec 12, 2009
l'pool comes next. . . . cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by mukina2: 11:42am On Dec 12, 2009
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by MrCrackles(m): 11:45am On Dec 12, 2009
^ ^ ^ I dont want to see Silvestre on this thread MUki. . .Take it down now! angry angry angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Gooner2(m): 11:51am On Dec 12, 2009
I'll start with the annoying Uzbek who for some reason has increased his stake in the club to 26%, I wonder who's been selling to him? I'm sure it's in response to the movements of Silent Stan and as we draw closer to the New Year I'm sure we'll be hearing more from his people.

Tomas Rosicky's new contract looks like it will be signed in the next few days which makes me think that Arsene is hedging his bets to prevent any of our players from doing a runner like the Flamster! It's either that or he must think they are really good, you be the judge.

If you are reading this on the web then you'd probably notice that the browser address of the blog is now www.thegreengooner.com. If you have bookmarked the site you may need to change it. I was finally able to move most of the site data yesterday and to be honest it wasn't really that difficult to do. You may see slight differences with the links for the next few days but eventually I'll sort it out and also set up the forwarding from both old addresses just to keep the traffic coming in, meanwhile, thanks for your support.

I've gotta run to catch a wedding reception in a few minutes and nothing new seems to be on the radar. I guess I'll wait till I see the entire squad list for Anfield before we begin to talk tactics. In the meantime, I wonder why it had to rain this morning.

I must also mention that from tomorrow, the new email for the blog will be blog@thegreegooner.com so you may need to add it to your address book. I don't think the users migrated properly to the new site so you may have to re-register before you can post comments on the site.

Till tomorrow, Victoria Concordia Crescit.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Gooner2(m): 11:53am On Dec 12, 2009
MrCrackles:

^ ^ ^ I dont want to see Silvestre on this thread MUki. . .Take it down now! angry angry angry

P.S I hope Silvestre plays too. . . I love that guy!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by MrCrackles(m): 11:56am On Dec 12, 2009
~Gooner~:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by debosky(m): 12:20pm On Dec 12, 2009
~Gooner~:

Abomination!

Silvestre cost us two goals on the night. . . .Fabianski's dodgy handling probably cost us one goal and the defence ball watching cost us the fourth.

What a horrible night for defending. sad

Fast forward to December 2009. . . .no RVP, no Gibbs and Almunia is fit - can we make something out of this game??

We definitely need to - but Liverpool are arguably stronger right now - all their big hitters are back - Torres, Gerrard, and the others. We on the other hand can't buy strikers for all the makossa dancers in Abidjan. grin

Eduardo should be fit, so should Vela and Walcott, so if we are to believe all the words Wenger speaks about these three then they should be good enough to start, or at least feature prominently. Walcott will remember the last game with fondness - his decision making clicked that night and ended up in a fantastic breakaway goal. AA23 should also be fired up. . .he became an official Arsenal legend in the game as well.

My main worry is that we will be mugged by Torres in a moment of defensive hesitancy - that is why Gallas and Vermaelen MUST be at their best else it will won't be pretty for us.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by mukina2: 12:27pm On Dec 12, 2009
~Gooner~:

i hate him  angry  come and 'comot' your statement before i whoze you angry grin

MrCrackles:

calm down, i  dont like him either, the pic is just funny grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by edoyad(m): 12:40pm On Dec 12, 2009
Theo Walcott's daddy is a Liverpudian, sorry daddy !
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by v3: 3:16pm On Dec 12, 2009
Another weekend of footie, and a MUST win match for the BIG 4. . .if they're to stay afloat! lipsrsealed

The game against liverpool is another BIG test for the boys which i hope they pass*finger's crossed*. . .Liverpool will remember the last game @ Anfield, so they'll be looking out for Arshavin, which leaves the door open for DUDU, Vela & Walcott. . .*I hope they make chances count this time around*

I trust Carragher's brain to fail him on this one wiv one or two costly mistakes. . . grin , the guy could be such a wuss on big occasions and it just might be on those days! grin

The key battle will be in the midfield as the trio of Gerrard, Aquilani & Mascherano will be looking to outwit & outshine whatever we put up. Long balls will be useless in Arsenal's case as we're on the short side. . I hope Diaby starts& plays behind the two CF'z! cool

I'd prefer to see FAB playing AM R, leaving Song & in the holding postion. . .Wenger's gonna stick a 4-3-2-1 this time around and leave DUDU/Arshavin as point man upfront!

Anyways can't wait for the Man U/Aston Villa *a good match* & Chelsea/Everton. . . cool

Till then, in the words of the "Green Gooner"

Victoria Concordia Crescit! cool

Gunners
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Gooner2(m): 3:55pm On Dec 12, 2009
mukina2:

i hate him angry come and 'comot' your statement before i whoze you angry grin

Guys, Guys it was supposed to be a joke! I was just following up from the picture. . .haven't you noticed that no one is talking about a new contract for Silvestre. . .we've renewed what 11 contracts this summer?

As long as Gallas and Veramaelen stay fit. . .I don't reckon SIlvestre will ever get a look in.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (100)

Chelsea Vs Manchester City (2- 1) On 25th June 2020 / Manchester City Vs Arsenal - (3 - 0) On 17th June 2020 / Chelsea Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On November 28 2021

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56