Stats: 3,150,816 members, 7,810,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. (60096 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by mukina2: 10:32pm On Dec 13, 2009
Good GOod grin cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Image123(m): 10:49pm On Dec 13, 2009
I do ask my gunner friend, "why is it that arsenal rests players more than other teams, yet they play like lead is tied to them instead of freshness. Also, the most rested are the most injured." He has no answers,why? Anyway, congrats on today's victory gunners. You MAY yet have a trophy.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Sauron1: 10:57pm On Dec 13, 2009
No2Atheism:

performance chart . . .

The other clubs in the Premiership should hang their heads in shame.
United keep pissing on y'all faces and none of y'all can do anything about it.
Fergie and Man Utd have had to deal with all the challenges different clubs keep posing in the last 3 seasons.

2006/7---SAF vs Mourinho
2007/8---SAF vs Wenger
2008/9---SAF vs Benitez
2009/10--SAF vs ?? ?? ??
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by edoyad(m): 11:39pm On Dec 13, 2009
Funny thing i saw on TV few days ago, discussion was on lack of refs from certain nationalities at major soccer events.
What he said is that just like players who want to go to WC refs too have up their game in world cup years cos FiFa is watching, same way a coach would be watching.
If you're wondering why the usual England divers aren't copping enough penalties and dodgy free kicks as usual, especially as june 2010 draws closer, then check the calendar cos It's a world cup year.
And it got me thinking, 98 ? 2002 ? 2006 ? Hm ! His words do make sense, don't they ?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by follypimpi(m): 4:36am On Dec 14, 2009
Watever AW did in the dressing room really payed off then again mother LUCK was on our side shakin her batty while our cuttin passes makes a danceable rythm and song and Verm aeriel clearance gives a perfect base sound.

Seems we go on a run of win after playing Man Shitty just a thot tho.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by yousouph(m): 6:26am On Dec 14, 2009
Lets build on the victory over Liverpool and see how it goes. Verm confirms that WENGER was angry with them after their 1ST half dismal performance. Turf Moor here we come.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by rasputinn(m): 7:30am On Dec 14, 2009
follypimpi:

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]Watever AW did in the dressing room really payed off then again[b] mother LUCK was on our side shakin her batty [/b]

Which mother luck,no be only mother luck,na father lucky
AW just instructed them to tone down on sexy footie,just add a little scrappy footie and get the result,the way chelski always does

Like you mentioned earlier,the weekend was just fantastic;manure lost at the theatre of nightmares,the chavs dropped 2 points and the best of all,the spuds lost at white poo lane to Warri wolves grin grin grin

What better weekend gift could a brova ask for
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by slimshay(m): 7:57am On Dec 14, 2009
Oh dear fellow soldiers on this quest to the prized precious metals, Ha, what a weekend, whaaaaat a weekend!!!!! cool grin

This is what the good Lord Wenger told them at half time:

'You are not fit to wear the Arsenal shirt if you play like this', what a statement, oh what motivation, what a performance after the half. cool grin

Now hear this, Liverpool had no shot on goal after the second half. Again, no single, even if na back pass from our player, them no get one single shot on goal.

Oh you awesome kids, come give daddy a huuuuug!!!!! grin grin grin

Tenhutttt!!!! Every man to the armoury, there's some prized 3 points to be annexed by conquest at Turf Moor.

TO THE RED AND WHITE ARMY!!!!

One game at a time folks, one game at a time.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by v3: 9:28am On Dec 14, 2009
slimshay:

Oh dear fellow soldiers on this quest to the prized precious metals, Ha, what a weekend, whaaaaat a weekend!!!!!  cool grin

This is what the good Lord Wenger told them at half time:

'You are not fit to wear the Arsenal shirt if you play like this', what a statement, oh what motivation, what a performance after the half.  cool grin

Now hear this, Liverpool had no shot on goal after the second half. Again, no single, even if na back pass from our player, them no get one single shot on goal.

Oh you awesome kids, come give daddy a huuuuug!!!!!  grin grin grin
Nor talk like dat o. . . b4  shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Tenhutttt!!!! Every man to the armoury, there's some prized 3 points to be annexed by conquest at Turf Moor.
Me canon balls are ready mate. . . Arrggghhhh! Shiver me timberz!!! Arrggghhh!

TO THE RED AND WHITE ARMY!!!!

One game at a time folks, one game at a time.

Yes Yes Yes!!! We won @ Anfield, sorry Man Goo!. . .Now a chance to catch up wiv Chelsea mid-week!. . .Are the boys up to it? Yes zir!!! cool

Ale Ale Ale Verm,Gallas,Denilson,Song,Fabregas. . You guys were all high & stood your ground against torres & gerrard! Thumbs up! 21 gun Salute to y'all!

Song, i'm gonna miss u so much  cry cry kiss kiss BUT promise me you'd kick Drogba & Essien's butt in the AFC! Thanks love! kiss tongue

Now to more important things, Diaby's back. . .I hope Traore hasn't picked an injury. . .that guy's finding his feet after juz three games!!. . .Bendtner a.k.a Aeroplane is NOT too far from return, makes me wonder how much they pay the physio'z cuz they're SERIOUSLY working overtime to make sure we don't fall short of cannons players  grin grin .

The little russian does it again in grand style, scoring wiv his injured foot grin shocked. . .God bless u son! You've done us proud!. . . kiss

Burnley. . .Burn who? Oh! Man Goo i guess!. . .Turf Moor. . .Can u stand the Arsenal? Wednesday's ONLY hours away. . . cool

One game @ a time peepz!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by allboyz(m): 12:39pm On Dec 14, 2009
and Manchester City in there too."

Wenger would only obliquely refer to his dressing-room dressing down after the victory, secured thanks to Glen Johnson's own goal and Andrei Arshavin's stunning strike, merely acknowledging that "it is nice to think I can still surprise them after 13 years" and insisting that he felt his team-talk had been as "composed" as ever.

"You respond to what you think the team needs, but very rarely do I get annoyed," he said. "I always try to be composed - I thought I was today too.

"The first half was all Liverpool's. We needed a performance in the second and we got one. It was a great response."

Cesc Fabregas, the Arsenal captain, was less circumspect in his assessment, admitting he had never seen his manager so infuriated. "The boss screamed. I've never seen him like that before," said the Spaniard. "He was really disappointed in the first half and said[b] we didn't deserve to wear the Arsenal shirt if we played like that[/b]. I think he was right."

Sometime those "harsh" talks goes a long way. . . i was actually pissed with the first half perfomance. ESP from Denilson and Walcy

at the end - we got 3 point. . . . cool

Gooners 1800 tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Nobody: 12:43pm On Dec 14, 2009
@Mukina

~Gooner~ says I should tell you post that he cant log in because he changed his email settings on his account and he's been waiting for a confirmation email from Seun Nairaland forever. Could you help him out?

Cheers wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by rasputinn(m): 12:46pm On Dec 14, 2009
I'm loffing this, ,I feel like I'm in Kombo mama mary grin grin grin abi Muks no be so undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by HNIC(m): 1:02pm On Dec 14, 2009
The Russian assasin strikes at Anfield yet again grin

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by HNIC(m): 1:14pm On Dec 14, 2009
Some Arsenal facts

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by follypimpi(m): 1:58pm On Dec 14, 2009
This weekend is da BOMB.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by v3: 2:54pm On Dec 14, 2009
The bookmaker's are SERIOUSLY having a re-think after last night's game!. . .  grin grin grin

Never under-estimate the power of an armed AA-23, if you do. . OYO lo wa o! grin

Now it's burn dem mama FC, let's see who's gonna get burnt after 90mins. . .It's the RED & WHITE army! January ain't EVEN here yet and we've closed the gap on Chelsea. . . I smell the trophy coming to the emirates! cool grin cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Vieira(m): 3:25pm On Dec 14, 2009
I beg make we beat Burnley and Hull first now.

It is no use winning one week and then throwing it away in the next 7 days.

I am now more nervous about Wednesday and which Arsenal will turn up.

They beat us last season at Turf Moor and I had the misfortune to be there and got abused by those Northern Monkeys.

Fingers crossed.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by mukina2: 3:44pm On Dec 14, 2009
ahonohai:

@Mukina

~Gooner~ says I should tell you post that he cant log in because he changed his email settings on his account and he's been waiting for a confirmation email from Seun Nairaland forever. Could you help him out?

Cheers wink
aight will check it. wink

rasputinn:

I'm loffing this, ,I feel like I'm in Kombo mama mary grin grin grin abi Muks no be so undecided
sure grin wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by edoyad(m): 3:45pm On Dec 14, 2009
Gainers how market ? grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by v3: 3:53pm On Dec 14, 2009
edoyad:

Gainers how market ? grin
I don tell u, don't take-in wueva DK,Sharon Stone n co are taking. . . it's bad for the fingers & brain cells! grin grin

Market dey good. . .make we wait for wednesday abeg! cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by v3: 4:00pm On Dec 14, 2009
Muki,

Where dis kombo saint mary dey sef?, i want an xclusive pass to the place! cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by edoyad(m): 4:03pm On Dec 14, 2009
V3 notice say my own is derived from "gain " , that is to say our football dey add to the spice of life grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by mukina2: 4:05pm On Dec 14, 2009
v3:

Muki,

Where dis kombo saint mary dey sef?, i want an xclusive pass to the place! cool
hmmmm cool grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by v3: 4:06pm On Dec 14, 2009
mukina2:

hmmmm cool grin
Na now i juz see am. . .Arsha-fever dey worry me for body!

Muki,
Meaning? cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 14, 2009
mukina2:

aight will check it. wink

~Gooner~ says he still can't log in a 'la no email!. . .heck he even tweeted it too!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by dayokanu(m): 5:03pm On Dec 14, 2009
Muki,

Where dis kombo saint mary dey sef?, i want an xclusive pass to the place!

E be like say crase dey worry you.

I get wats going on, The picture below illustrates it well

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by mukina2: 5:19pm On Dec 14, 2009
ahonohai:

~Gooner~ says he still can't log in a 'la no email!. . .heck he even tweeted it too!

He should try signing in.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by tayoccu(m): 5:23pm On Dec 14, 2009
DK and you had to show us how you and your brovahs get high grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by v3: 5:26pm On Dec 14, 2009
DK. . . we ALL know ONLY Donkey'z do that! Why wash yer durty linen in public eh mate? grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Ibime(m): 5:57pm On Dec 14, 2009
dayokanu:

I get wats going on, The picture below illustrates it well

This is the correct definition of second-hand smoke!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by A40(m): 6:18pm On Dec 14, 2009
Finally we beat a big 4 team! Yeah Liverpool is still a big 4 team at least till the end of this season

It really was a weird game though but you would be hard-pressed to find a team that would outplay the Scousers at Anfield so i am just happy we took all 3pts the last time we did that we won the league! go figure? The goal at the start of the 2nd half was the turning point and that was the difference between yesterday and Chelsea's game. The whole team just did what they had to do to win and if they had that same approach at Sunderland & West Ham we would all be singing a different hook. On to Burnley and anything short of a win would rubbish yesterday's good work. Obasanjo is likelier to be the next president of the US than Chelsea or Man U losing to Pompey or Wolves so we got to go for the win. I really hope Wenger cops a striker come January we lacked presence in the box and both our goals came out of nothing! That luck would not come everytime
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by agabaI23(m): 7:17pm On Dec 14, 2009
O yea!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (100)

Chelsea Vs Manchester City (2- 1) On 25th June 2020 / Manchester City Vs Arsenal - (3 - 0) On 17th June 2020 / Chelsea Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On November 28 2021

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53