Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,370 members, 7,836,496 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Oshiomhole Fault's Pdp's Choice Of Soludo. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Fault's Pdp's Choice Of Soludo. (808 Views)

APGA Appeal Panel Upholds Disqualification Of Soludo And Five Others In Anambra / Aftermath Of Soludo's Disqualification, Ngige's Rating Skyrockets. / What Will Become Of Soludo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole Fault's Pdp's Choice Of Soludo. by Gbawe: 9:49pm On Dec 06, 2009
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/12/06/oshiomhole-faults-pdps-choice-of-soludo-for-anambra-guber-polls/

Oshiomhole faults PDP’s choice of Soludo for Anambra guber polls

Cover Stories Dec 6, 2009 By Simon Ebegbulem

BENIN—GOVERNOR Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State weekend declared that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has lost the forthcoming governorship election in Anambra State ahead of time, by allowing former Chairman of the PDP Board of Trustees, Chief Tony Anenih, anoint Professor Chukwuma Soludo as the candidate of the party without due process.
He described Chief Anenih as an out-dated politician, adding that it would have been better for Professor Soludo to have sought the mandate of the people of Anambra State alone than seeking the support of Chief Anenih whom, according to him, was chased away from Edo State due to his alleged dictatorial tendencies and undemocratic style of politics.

Oshiomhole, who declared this while receiving over 7,000 PDP members who decamped to Action Congress (AC) in Etsako Central local government area of the state, expressed disappointment over the way Professor Soludo emerged as the PDP candidate and expressed doubt over the possibility of him becoming the governor of Anambra State.
[b]His words: “Yesterday, some people went to Anambra, the man who changed his name to Anene.

“No longer the lion that can de-register the Elumeses, the Ereweles. He is finished. And you know something, the man he raised his hand, a whole former Governor of the Central Bank, a whole Professor, became a leprous politician.

“Yet about nineteen governors were going to campaign for him, nobody turned up, even his godfather, because he is already no more, he could not even turn up. Do you not see that the bush we started burning in Edo State has gone beyond River Niger?

“So I ask you, never allow anybody ask you again after this time, who are you? Because they are drunk with power you shall tell them I am the creator of God.
“That God is the only one you need. In any case, those who thought they are something, God has shown them that they are nothing. Yesterday, they could not go to Anambra where they have boasted they were going to work. That shows you that they have failed already, Anambra people have rejected them.

“It was in this Etsako Central that Chief Anenih told the people of Edo North that it is not yet their time to be governor, as if he is God. The greatest punishment we can inflict on those agents of darkness who have underdeveloped our state over the past ten years of PDP misrule, the greatest punishment I have decided to inflict on them is to do those things they failed to do.

“From Edo North to Edo Central, Edo South, before the end of the year, all the roads that we have designed, including the one connecting to Uromi (Anenih’s domain), I am going to construct them to a standard.

“That is the greatest punishment we will inflict on those who have under developed Uromi. They must be alive to see Edo State going from strength to strength. They must not die soon. They must be alive to see the Esan man wake up in the morning to open the tap because this governor has imported two heavy duty borehole machine that will dig up to 3,300ft.

“We will deploy them to various senatorial districts, including Uromi, to make the point that if there can be water in Nova hotel (belonging to Anenih), every other Uromi man must also have water.

“When I said I wanted to employ 10,000 people, he tried to frustrate me because they hate anything good. But I told them I will do it and my God has never failed me.”[/b]
Re: Oshiomhole Fault's Pdp's Choice Of Soludo. by Goldmind1(m): 10:06pm On Dec 06, 2009
This is my mannnnnnnnnn!
Re: Oshiomhole Fault's Pdp's Choice Of Soludo. by kosovo(m): 10:08pm On Dec 06, 2009
Thats the kind of Governor, any State would hope for.
why is Prof Soludo so power hungry. .?
i still have my respect for the Prof.
Re: Oshiomhole Fault's Pdp's Choice Of Soludo. by Gbawe: 10:20pm On Dec 06, 2009
Even in this article , Anenih's wickedness, elitism and anti-people persona is obvious !!!

We will deploy them to various senatorial districts, including Uromi, to make the point that if there can be water in Nova hotel (belonging to Anenih), every other Uromi man must also have water.

Chief Anenih whom, according to him, was chased away from Edo State due to his alleged dictatorial tendencies and undemocratic style of politics.

“When I said I wanted to employ 10,000 people, he tried to frustrate me because they hate anything good. But I told them I will do it and my God has never failed me.”

“It was in this Etsako Central that Chief Anenih told the people of Edo North that it is not yet their time to be governor, as if he is God. The greatest punishment we can inflict on those agents of darkness who have underdeveloped our state over the past ten years of PDP misrule, the greatest punishment I have decided to inflict on them is to do those things they failed to do.

Anenih is also extremely corrupt and an election-rigger per excellence - and perhaps this is why Soludo is happy to gain Anenih as a godfather. Anenih name is at the top of the list as per those who have destroyed Nigeria. Soludo cannot be unaware of this. When you fraternise with the devil or those who are extremely wicked then you are certainly capable of evil yourself.
Re: Oshiomhole Fault's Pdp's Choice Of Soludo. by metalgong5(m): 10:30pm On Dec 06, 2009
@poster
Oshiomole should shut up and mind his looting business in Edo state. He even have the gut to point his fingers at Soludo whereas he never disclosed to Nigerians how he amassed the money used to sponsor his 2007 gubernatorial campaign. . . . . . I guess he sponsored the campaign with the few change he earned during his tenure at the Nigerian Labour Congress. . . .Oshiomole you are a thief!!
Re: Oshiomhole Fault's Pdp's Choice Of Soludo. by sjeezy8: 10:34pm On Dec 06, 2009
^^^^ hater . . . .

Time will tell Adams is my guy and speaks his mind.
Re: Oshiomhole Fault's Pdp's Choice Of Soludo. by kosovo(m): 10:48pm On Dec 06, 2009
metal-gong:

@poster
Oshiomole should shut up and mind his looting business in Edo state. He even have the gut to point his fingers at Soludo whereas he never disclosed to Nigerians how he amassed the money used to sponsor his 2007 gubernatorial campaign. . . . . . I guess he sponsored the campaign with the few change he earned during his tenure at the Nigerian Labour Congress. . . .Oshiomole you are a thief!!

Obviously you do not know the responsibilities of a Party and you have no evidence what so ever to label the Governor a Thief,
Re: Oshiomhole Fault's Pdp's Choice Of Soludo. by PapaBrowne(m): 11:10pm On Dec 06, 2009
kosovo:

Obviously you do not know the responsibilities of a Party and you have no evidence what so ever to label the Governor a Thief,

Coming from a man who just called Soludo thief without any evidence, I take it that your bias leaves you in a very narrow place.
Re: Oshiomhole Fault's Pdp's Choice Of Soludo. by metalgong5(m): 11:10pm On Dec 06, 2009
kosovo:

Undoubtedly thats the reason why you Soludo haters should shut up because it is quite clear that you all are ignorant of the fact that PDP as a political party has the right to work towards the victory of their candidate.
   Also you have not answered my question . . . . . How did your comrade sponsor his 2007 election? . . . . . If he didnt use the Nigerian workers levies he embezzled  during his tenure at the labour union, then who are his sponsors.
Re: Oshiomhole Fault's Pdp's Choice Of Soludo. by kosovo(m): 12:12am On Dec 07, 2009
metal-gong:

@poster
Oshiomole should shut up and mind his looting business in Edo state. He even have the gut to point his fingers at Soludo whereas he never disclosed to Nigerians how he amassed the money used to sponsor his 2007 gubernatorial campaign. . . . . . I guess he sponsored the campaign with the few change he earned during his tenure at the Nigerian Labour Congress. . . .Oshiomole you are a[b] thief!![/b]

PapaBrowne:

Coming from a man who just called Soludo thief without any evidence, I take it that your bias leaves you in a very narrow place.

kosovo:

Thats the kind of Governor, any State would hope for.
why is Prof Soludo so power hungry. .?
i still have my respect for the Prof.
Since when did Power Hungry and Thief mean the same thing?
Re: Oshiomhole Fault's Pdp's Choice Of Soludo. by texazzpete(m): 12:17am On Dec 07, 2009
When Ibori was asked to speak in UNIBEN, you people were up in arms villifying the VC. Now Soludo comes out standing at the right hand of Anenih the arch-thief. And you people revere him!

This, in a state that has suffered long under the hand of godfathers! Yet people from that state are actually thinking of voting in Soludo!!

Nigerians need not complain about their lot; They willingly march headlong into disaster. You can tell a man from the company he keeps. PDP is a den of thieves and Anenih ranks as one of the worst. Soludo came forth in the company of PDP, flanked by the arch-thief himself and all i see is retards muttering about 'harvard' and 'qualifications' and 'consolidation' as if Borishade et al have not convincingly showed that it takes a whole lot more than fancy degrees to be a good and just leader.
Re: Oshiomhole Fault's Pdp's Choice Of Soludo. by metalgong5(m): 1:47am On Dec 07, 2009
^^ Utter rubbish . . . . !!!!!
Re: Oshiomhole Fault's Pdp's Choice Of Soludo. by onyengbu1(m): 7:19am On Dec 07, 2009
Borishade kwa?
It is not your business who anambra people votes in.
As company, being in a bad company does not mean being a bad person. Ngige made us to understand that better.
Re: Oshiomhole Fault's Pdp's Choice Of Soludo. by semid4lyfe(m): 7:43am On Dec 07, 2009
Anenih changed his name to Anene in Anambra? ~ O boy, Adams go kill me with laughter.

Anenih=Failed & corrupt politician, Looter and election rigger par excellence.

Anambra people had better reject his annointed candidate.
Re: Oshiomhole Fault's Pdp's Choice Of Soludo. by onyengbu1(m): 5:19pm On Dec 07, 2009
semid4lyfe:

Anambra people had better reject his annointed candidate.

In the case of soludo, i will choose to look beyond the annointer and focus on the annointed.

Intelligent annointed people tends to deliver.

Ngige and Fashola will always come to mind.
Re: Oshiomhole Fault's Pdp's Choice Of Soludo. by texazzpete(m): 7:33pm On Dec 07, 2009
metal-gong:

^^ Utter rubbish  . . . . !!!!!

At least have the good sense to put together a rejoinder to my allegations instead of taking the coward's way out. You PDP stooges will not rest until Nigeria lies in shambles.
Re: Oshiomhole Fault's Pdp's Choice Of Soludo. by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 07, 2009
This is the problem in Nigeria's politics. People just join the bandwagon and say things because everyone else is saying the same without actually thinking it through.

We all should aspire to achieve the kind of democracy practised in civilised countries but Oshiomole has no moral compus to make that argument on this occassion. Firstly there was no primary process before Oshiomole emerged as the AC candidate in 2007, otherwise he should release videos of live debates he had before being chosen as the AC candidate, or he should release the records of how he was nominated the AC candidate in a free and fair primary process.

In fact as we speak his party AC in Anambra State did not have a credible process to select Ngige. Why has Oshiomole refused to lecture his own party on internal democracy rather than wasting his so called knowledge of 'modern democracy' on opponents.

Oshiomole should tell us why he is worried about Soludo's candidacy and Anambra Election but surely advances in Nigeria's democracy is not one of them.

Oshiomole should own his failure and stop blaming others, he will not be a unionist rebel forever. He is now in executive position and in effect does have real responsibilities, he should use his office to solve problems rather than being a perpetual critic. He is even blaming the PDP for the resignation of 3 commissioners in his own Government. WHAT A JOKE
Re: Oshiomhole Fault's Pdp's Choice Of Soludo. by metalgong5(m): 8:48pm On Dec 07, 2009
texazzpete:

At least have the good sense to put together a rejoinder to my allegations instead of taking the coward's way out. You PDP stooges will not rest until Nigeria lies in shambles.

I wont deliberately dabble into the same ocean of ignorance with you by responding to your poorly hatched malign of Prof Soludo. . . . . Moreover, you should have responded to my earlier post before ranting like a dog .
Re: Oshiomhole Fault's Pdp's Choice Of Soludo. by kosovo(m): 9:14pm On Dec 07, 2009
Re: Oshiomhole Fault's Pdp's Choice Of Soludo. by ikennahill: 9:57pm On Dec 07, 2009
na so ebi for naija
imposition
nothing more
everywhere
inec is the middwife
but check out what will happen
like andy uba like soludo
soludo go win but court go give am another person
Re: Oshiomhole Fault's Pdp's Choice Of Soludo. by Eziachi: 10:56pm On Dec 07, 2009
Unless I do not understand a simple ENGLISH language, what I think Oshomole was doing wasn’t maligning Prof Soludo. He was continuing his war of getting Edo State rid of Tony Aneni, had to make reference that its because of Aneni’s association with Soludo, is the possible reason soludo may lose in Anambra.

And remember he is from the AC party, so its his job as an opposition member in a high position to talk down PDP for his own party candidate, Chris Ngige benefit. That is very normal, even in advance democratic environment.
When I first heard about Soludo’s dabble into Nigeria dog eat dog politics. My first thought was “what a stupid and senseless man” I asked myself, why he can’t do exactly what Okonjo-Iwuala did and go back to his former lucrative financial business in the city of London, where he can earn millions in bonus alone?

There is no doubt about it the Soludo is an accomplished man with bright reputation but not fit for Nigerian bended politics. And there is no doubt that if Anambra’s election was free and fair without rigging, that the race will be between Ngige and Obi.
Ngige had political machinery on the ground and a very intelligent skilfully Politician. Obi, had the Ikemba solidly behind him and that is a huge advantage
But Soludo has nothing of sort, except rigging machine, his party PDP. If the PDP primary was allowed to take place, the professor may likely have come at the bottom because of mentioned and not because others are better then him or his lack of intelligent but because he is such a virgin in their mucky politics, with no single structure to point to on the ground.

This is a fact, some of my brothers here, cum, Soludo’s supporter had failed to grasp but are blinded by sentiment. Then Soludo committed such a big blunder, bringing such a bad egg like Tony Aneni anywhere near him. Because whatever that is associated with Aneni is likely to bit the dust.
Re: Oshiomhole Fault's Pdp's Choice Of Soludo. by prettyG: 10:10pm On Dec 09, 2009
if you lie down with dogs u will get up with fleas. watch what will happen to anambra if soludo wins.

(1) (Reply)

Yorubas, Edo, Delta And Bayelsa Join Benin Republic And Make North Majority / Fine, Rich, Good Looking, Intelligent, Young, Nigerian Brother- Bomber! / State Of Emergency Must Be Declared In Northern Nigeria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.