Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,885 members, 7,851,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:10 AM

Rihanna: Irritating Voice, Stiff Dancer & Always Half Undressed - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rihanna: Irritating Voice, Stiff Dancer & Always Half Undressed (7380 Views)

Most Irritating Opinion About 'don Jazzy's 'dorobucci' / Dancer And New Mom Kaffy Returns As An Artiste, Feature Olamide / Chris Brown And Rihanna Reunite For Remixes: Listen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rihanna: Irritating Voice, Stiff Dancer & Always Half Undressed by Nobody: 6:57am On Dec 08, 2009
chiogo:

I like it oo, mostly for jigga anyway grin But Riri tried.
who is jigg?
Did you listen to Jay Z's lyrics? That was a hot mess. . . . but rihanna owned it
Re: Rihanna: Irritating Voice, Stiff Dancer & Always Half Undressed by chiogo(f): 6:59am On Dec 08, 2009
FL Gators:

who is jigg?
Did you listen to Jay Z's lyrics? That was a hot mess. . . . but rihanna owned it
Jay-z's lyrics can never be hot mess. tongue j/k oo
Yea, she did her usual "eehehehe" screaming, which I think is cool. grin
Re: Rihanna: Irritating Voice, Stiff Dancer & Always Half Undressed by Nobody: 7:05am On Dec 08, 2009
LOL @ echeche
Re: Rihanna: Irritating Voice, Stiff Dancer & Always Half Undressed by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 08, 2009
Re: Rihanna: Irritating Voice, Stiff Dancer & Always Half Undressed by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 08, 2009
wots ur problem.she is a talented musician.if u dont like her songs den dont buy it.y r u makin ur beef public.nywayz she doesnt even know ass holes like u exist takless of reading ur bull shit on naira land. and if u also want 2 know how easy it is 2 sing den go n compose a song.dats if ur foolishness motivates u grin grin grin grin can u even compare her with all dose razz musicians we have here in nigeria,especially female fuji stars.abeg Bleep off from nairaland jo n let beta ppu rite sumtin useful grin grin grin
Re: Rihanna: Irritating Voice, Stiff Dancer & Always Half Undressed by THEAMAKA1: 1:22pm On Dec 08, 2009
@ topic, i agree
i love her Unfaithful song though.
but she is manufactured talent. LOLOL!!
studio-made.

i did like her better when she first came out (she had better songs, even though she still had no talent) NOW she's just on drugs.
but i guess. . .
i wont buy anymore of her CD's after "Good Girl Gone Bad: Reloaded"
i don tire for all this "eeeeyaaah eeeeyaaaaah ooooooohhhh" sef.
Re: Rihanna: Irritating Voice, Stiff Dancer & Always Half Undressed by Amya(f): 1:45pm On Dec 08, 2009
I used to like her alot before. Her voice and style of music now grates on my nerves. There something dark about her. Creepy!
Re: Rihanna: Irritating Voice, Stiff Dancer & Always Half Undressed by aieromon(m): 1:57pm On Dec 08, 2009
Ok,she's irritatin' yabadabacrappa.
~Thread locked before i committ suicide~
Re: Rihanna: Irritating Voice, Stiff Dancer & Always Half Undressed by Vuitton(m): 2:47pm On Dec 08, 2009
Cant believe folks dont like Disturbia! Wonder what kinda songs y'all prefer

Personally i can listen to it all day cool
Re: Rihanna: Irritating Voice, Stiff Dancer & Always Half Undressed by mitchyy(f): 3:52pm On Dec 08, 2009
Y'all re just wasting ur tym hating on my gurl,while she's out there makin her money and gettin all da fame.
Her voice may nt b da bomb but she's got talent&i bet she does her best in her perfomance.
If u think she's gat no talent then c'mon,try releasing ur album lets si wat uve got.
*sighs* humans! We r insatiable.
Re: Rihanna: Irritating Voice, Stiff Dancer & Always Half Undressed by Vuitton(m): 4:03pm On Dec 08, 2009
Oh boy i tire for them oh

Thats how one came saying she hates Beyoncce cos she shouts too much shocked

If she shouting then jus switch off the radio, dont cop her cds and listen to Taylor Swift undecided
Re: Rihanna: Irritating Voice, Stiff Dancer & Always Half Undressed by spikedcylinder: 4:09pm On Dec 08, 2009
I love love love Rihanna's sense of style. . . .the way she's bold and daring and can get away with almost anything style wise. She has a fantastic body as well and almost anything looks good on her, she especially looks divine in bikinis.
However she MUST stop singing. Her voice makes me want to tear my hair out - very irritating like one is scratching sand paper over glass. undecided undecided
Re: Rihanna: Irritating Voice, Stiff Dancer & Always Half Undressed by Vuitton(m): 4:33pm On Dec 08, 2009
embarassed
Re: Rihanna: Irritating Voice, Stiff Dancer & Always Half Undressed by jidobaba(m): 4:44pm On Dec 08, 2009
spikedcylinder:

However she MUST stop singing. Her voice makes me want to tear my hair out - very irritating like one is scratching sand paper over glass. undecided undecided

Ha ha. Exactment. she will continue selling a coupla records for that reason. Sado-Masochism   grin.
ela-ela, hehe ehe ehe he heeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Re: Rihanna: Irritating Voice, Stiff Dancer & Always Half Undressed by RichyBlacK(m): 7:06pm On Dec 28, 2009
When it comes to pop music, Rihanna is a goddess! Her music is beautiful, mysterious, sexy and dark. I love it!

I'm a huge fan of Rihanna and love her keeping it real with Roc Nation. Her performance on Run This Town alone is ageless!

Rihanna is just starting and I'm sure she'll even get better as the years go by.

Our prayers are with her as she travels to Abu Dhabi for a $500,000 show at the Emirates Palace Hotel to usher in the New Year. We, her loyal fans, want her to give a dynamite performance and come back stateside to begin serious preparations for her 2010 tour.
Re: Rihanna: Irritating Voice, Stiff Dancer & Always Half Undressed by adagz01(m): 9:33am On Dec 30, 2009
rihanna rocks.whenever i hear her cracked voice i get arouse.if u dont like her others do. my favourite celeb
Re: Rihanna: Irritating Voice, Stiff Dancer & Always Half Undressed by hax: 10:41pm On Dec 30, 2009
$500,000 show?

$500k for a show they're going to chase her out of when she appears half naked like in that video with Jeezy?

The woman can't sing, can't dance, and yet still has millions of fans. I think she might be Illuminati, and all her fans are mindless zombies all being controlled subliminally. undecided lol
Re: Rihanna: Irritating Voice, Stiff Dancer & Always Half Undressed by waleski(m): 12:40am On Dec 31, 2009
i just listen to gud music personally i dnt find her music dat bad but her dressing is outrageous but maybe because dat is wat sells in america remember she did not start her career wearing skimpy clothes she was just a good gurl singing the "boys being unfaithful and stuff kinds of songs" but as she joined forces with Jay z she has been re-oriented and dis shows in her songs and dressing and i kind of think of the rumours dat she is with d illuminati she wearing black almost all the time with jay z and kanye but aside from dat if she makes a gud song yeah i will listen to it no big deal undecided
Re: Rihanna: Irritating Voice, Stiff Dancer & Always Half Undressed by eldee(m): 1:09pm On Dec 31, 2009
Hmmn . . . this is quite interesting.
The guys like Rihanna cus she stepped out of the silly popstar stereotype that all the rest are fighting to conform into.
The chics hate her for that exact same reason.
Hehehe . . . and some even came out to say they prefered the teenager on S.O.S?? And all the commercial B.S Jay-Z put her on to make her famous back then.
I'm ashamed for you's lot.

How won't you like a chic that made Kanye and Jay-Z sound like Terry-G??
She stole My Life off T.I and still went on to kill Jeezy on Hard.
How can you not like her hook on Umbrella?? That's been voted the best song of this decade!!!

Her voice is not that B.S we hear all the time from other popstars, she has a signature.

Don't let's even go to her body, we should make a sequel to Jennifer's Body and have Rihanna as Megan Fox' patner in crime grin grin

She is different . . . her voice, her style, he fashion choices, her type of music, her.
Re: Rihanna: Irritating Voice, Stiff Dancer & Always Half Undressed by chiogo(f): 7:02pm On Dec 31, 2009
hax:

The woman can't sing, can't dance, and yet still has millions of fans. I think she might be Illuminati, and all her fans are mindless zombies all being controlled subliminally.  undecided lol
Hope you were being sarcastic!! enough with this illuminati talk, it's scaring me.  embarassed tongue

Eldee, I prefer her S.O.S days!!  tongue tongue But she's still good, definitely murders any song she's featured on but I can't say the same for her OWN songs, ironically.
Anyway, I don't like her style as for dressing, maybe I don't just buy into the weirdo/"being different" look.  undecided
Re: Rihanna: Irritating Voice, Stiff Dancer & Always Half Undressed by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 31, 2009
Eldee I expected a different comment from you. But I am not really interested in her dressing or style, because I nor dey see that one when I listen to her songs.

As far as I am concerned, she is whack as whack can be. Guys can like her because she is pretty, but I am not a lesbian. Besides I stopped fancying talentless fine faces a long time ago.
Re: Rihanna: Irritating Voice, Stiff Dancer & Always Half Undressed by eldee(m): 8:56pm On Dec 31, 2009
Guys don't like her just because she's pretty, we like her cus she's different.
Her voice is unique, it makes you wanna listen, kinda like listening to Floetry sing.

Aren't you guys tired of Beyonce, Ciara and Fergie??
I'm not saying they're crap, but Rihanna, Floetry, Duffy and other non-US chics bring sumn different to R'n'B and Pop.
Besides Rihanna rocks on Hiphop tracks, that's a rare trait that even Beyonce will give an arm to get.

chiogo:

Anyway, I don't like her style as for dressing, maybe I don't just buy into the weirdo/"being different" look. undecided

Apart from the videos, she's a tred-setter and a style star.
Remember the bob?? She got a bob for Umbrella and the next thing, every chic wanted one cheesy cheesy

Now she cut a section of her hair and voila, everyone (except Naija chics) has decided that that's the way to go. grin grin
Come on, she's a fashionista, that's why she's on GQ. cheesy
Re: Rihanna: Irritating Voice, Stiff Dancer & Always Half Undressed by hax: 10:21pm On Dec 31, 2009
eldee:

Hmmn . . . this is quite interesting.
The guys like Rihanna cus she stepped out of the silly popstar stereotype that all the rest are fighting to conform into.
Into the new 'Britney Spears' silly popstar stereotype i.e wear as little as you can.

The chics hate her for that exact same reason.
Hehehe . . . and some even came out to say they prefered the teenager on S.O.S?? And all the commercial B.S Jay-Z put her on to make her famous back then.
I'm ashamed for you's lot.
They both weren't that good. She just wears less now. undecided

How won't you like a chic that made Kanye and Jay-Z sound like Terry-G??
She stole My Life off T.I and still went on to kill Jeezy on Hard.
I haven't listened to 'Hard' properly, because I'm not a big fan of BOTH of them. but T.I. was wonderful on 'Live Your Life'. It was much deeper than the usual poppy single, listen to the message. 'Never mind what haters say, ignore them till they fade away'

And I really don't get how R n B hook-singers 'kill' and 'steal' tracks from rappers. I miss the days before T-Pain and Akon decided to start singing on the chorus of every song.

How can you not like her hook on Umbrella?? That's been voted the best song of this decade!!!
I have NOTHING to say to whoever thinks so, lipsrsealed

Her voice is not that B.S we hear all the time from other popstars, she has a signature.

Don't let's even go to her body, we should make a sequel to Jennifer's Body and have Rihanna as Megan Fox' patner in crime grin grin

She is different . . . her voice, her style, he fashion choices, her type of music, her.
Different doesn't mean good. Good 'Different' is Alicia Keys. Good 'Different' is Corinne Bailey Rae. To a lesser extent, good 'different' is Jazmine Sullivan. Bad 'different' is Lady Gaga. Different is not 'ella ella ey ey ey'. I wouldn't know though, I'm not a big RnB fan.

eldee:

Guys don't like her just because she's pretty, we like her cus she's different.
Her voice is unique, it makes you wanna listen, kinda like listening to Floetry sing.
Rihanna could only wish to be half as good as Floetry.

Aren't you guys tired of Beyonce, Ciara and Fergie??
I'm not saying they're crap, but Rihanna, Floetry, Duffy and other non-US chics bring sumn different to R'n'B and Pop.
I'd listen to Fergie or Beyonce (Sasha Fierce only, at least she's gotten much better, as well as wearing much less. WIN-WIN cheesy) over Rihanna. Glamorous alone would make me pick her. And 'The Dutchess' was solid. London Bridge, Glamorous, Clumsy, Big Girls don't Cry, Velvet, etc.

Besides Rihanna rocks on Hiphop tracks, that's a rare trait that even Beyonce will give an arm to get.
Because she doesn't want to? Listen to her on Jay-Z's Hollywood, or Pray. Singing hooks isn't a 'rare talent'. Keri's done it. Alicia Keys did it in probably the biggest song of the year. There's T-Pain and Akon on every other hook, everyone sings on hooks these days. Gone are the days of hooks like 'Niggas bleed' or 'Somebody's Gotta Die' (BIG, not MI). Or Roc Boys. Or Allure. Now everyone wants the latest RnB star on their hooks. Chris Brown, Jeremih, etc. ugh.

Apart from the videos, she's a tred-setter and a style star.
Remember the bob?? She got a bob for Umbrella and the next thing, every chic wanted one cheesy cheesy

Now she cut a section of her hair and voila, everyone (except Naija chics) has decided that that's the way to go. grin grin
Come on, she's a fashionista, that's why she's on GQ. cheesy
Wearing nothing?
I do hope 9ja girls do follow her latest trend and hide only their nipples with rubber tape. cheesy

chiogo:

Hope you were being sarcastic!! enough with this illuminati talk, it's scaring me.  embarassed tongue
lol
Nah, I'm just joking. lol
But there's nothing to be afraid of, the Illuminati are cool. :p lol
Re: Rihanna: Irritating Voice, Stiff Dancer & Always Half Undressed by chiogo(f): 10:28pm On Dec 31, 2009
LOL Hax, you got me rolling on the floor with your replies to eldee. grin grin grin

Seriously, is she the first to be on GQ? She's on GQ 'cause she's a fashionista? LOLOL Wow!
Re: Rihanna: Irritating Voice, Stiff Dancer & Always Half Undressed by finemocha(f): 2:08am On Jan 01, 2010
lolol, i almost stabbed myself to death. lolol grin
Re: Rihanna: Irritating Voice, Stiff Dancer & Always Half Undressed by mystikal(m): 4:34am On Jan 01, 2010
Riri my arse!
Re: Rihanna: Irritating Voice, Stiff Dancer & Always Half Undressed by eldee(m): 10:07pm On Jan 01, 2010
hax:

Into the new 'Britney Spears' silly popstar stereotype i.e wear as little as you can.
They both weren't that good. She just wears less now. undecided
You sound like my mum when you start talking about how much skin an artiste is allowed to show in music videos. grin grin
Ten years ago most of today's music video would have been considered over the top.

hax:

I haven't listened to 'Hard' properly, because I'm not a big fan of BOTH of them. but T.I. was wonderful on 'Live Your Life'. It was much deeper than the usual poppy single, listen to the message. 'Never mind what haters say, ignore them till they fade away'
Bruv, you don't need to be a fan to like a song . . . I expect everyone to listen to music with an open mind.

Whoa!!! Ignore haters till they fade away?? Where have I heard that before??
It just happens to be the same thing my sixteen year old sister has got as her Facebook status since heaven knows when. cheesy cheesy

hax:

And I really don't get how R n B hook-singers 'kill' and 'steal' tracks from rappers. I miss the days before T-Pain and Akon decided to start singing on the chorus of every song.
Tell me you're not one of em 'It was like this in the 90s so that's how it should be done' people??
Like Mourinho said, I'm not a fan of old or new, I'm a fan of good.
Where I come from, if you outshine anyone on a song, you're said to have killed/murked or most commonly Eminemed the fellow grin grin

hax:

I have NOTHING to say to whoever thinks so, lipsrsealed
Hehehe . . . well you better find something to say fast.
You have to explain how a song that's crap has been covered by more than 20 other artistes.
While you're busy with that, could you please explain the multiple awards it's gathered, oh yeah . . . you probably know more about pop music than the guys at the Grammy's.

FFS, I'm yet to see a Top Songs of The Decade list that doesn't have Umbrella.

hax:

Different doesn't mean good. Good 'Different' is Alicia Keys. Good 'Different' is Corinne Bailey Rae. To a lesser extent, good 'different' is Jazmine Sullivan. Bad 'different' is Lady Gaga. Different is not 'ella ella ey ey ey'.

Lady Gaga is crap too?? That's so narrow-minded.
Lady Gaga's concept is as straight up as it will ever get . . .'Just Dance', c'est fini.
She's good at what she does, that's all that matters. I don't expect you to understand this, you're a 'hiphop head'. cheesy cheesy

hax:

I wouldn't know though, I'm not a big RnB fan.

WOW!!! You're not?? I wouldn't have guessed. shocked shocked
Here I was thinking you had an MA Degree on it, especially with the way you're questioning decisions of the world most credible critics on that genre of music grin grin

hax:

Rihanna could only wish to be half as good as Floetry.

Floetry's voice?? Natalie's delivery is as croaky as Obasanjo on a wintery night grin grin
Did you listen to Floetic at all?? The only thing they've got going for then is their lyrical prowess.
Didn't they get dropped or sumn??
I bought that album a couple of years ago after the ad called them the next Jill Scott . . . I felt like sumone that just paid to listen to Chiogo sing from inside the shower grin grin
Think I'm lying?? Listen to their version of Butterflies, you'll hate the song grin grin
Re: Rihanna: Irritating Voice, Stiff Dancer & Always Half Undressed by eldee(m): 10:58pm On Jan 01, 2010
hax:

I'd listen to Fergie or Beyonce (Sasha Fierce only, at least she's gotten much better, as well as wearing much less. WIN-WIN cheesy) over Rihanna. Glamorous alone would make me pick her. And 'The Dutchess' was solid. London Bridge, Glamorous, Clumsy, Big Girls don't Cry, Velvet, etc.

Beyonce is great, scratch that. . . she's legendary.
Now, Glamorous, London Bridge . . . dude, when I listen to R'n'B, I want to listen to R'n'B.
Not some Eve/Missy Elliot wanna-be that wants to rap and sing at the same time.
I'm not saying she's not good, but she's no different from all the other hiphop chics.

hax:

Because she doesn't want to?
Wow . . . that's a first grin grin
She doesn't want to sound good on a track??
Why if I may ask?? They didn't pay her enough?? grin grin

hax:

Singing hooks isn't a 'rare talent'. Keri's done it. Alicia Keys did it in probably the biggest song of the year. There's T-Pain and Akon on every other hook, everyone sings on hooks these days.

It's not rare?? Why's Empire State of Mind that big??
Why can't talented artistes like Ciara, Chris Brown and Ne-yo do good hooks to save their lives??
Why do we keep seeing the same faces on most of the best R'n'B/Hiphop crossover songs??

hax:

Gone are the days of hooks like 'Niggas bleed' or 'Somebody's Gotta Die' (BIG, not MI). Or Roc Boys. Or Allure. Now everyone wants the latest RnB star on their hooks. Chris Brown, Jeremih, etc. ugh.
Gone are which days?? Allure was 2003 homie.
R'n'B artistes have always been on hiphop songs since the days of B.I.G, they just weren't credited most of the time.
Half the song off[i] Life After Death[/i] had R'n'B hooks.
112, Jagged Edge, MJB have been doing great hiphop hooks since heaven knows when.
There will always be the set of R'n'B artistes that do great on Hiphop songs,
A few post 2000 artistes like Akon, Rihanna and Alicia Keys are gooad at that, they're as good as the ones of the 90s.
Re: Rihanna: Irritating Voice, Stiff Dancer & Always Half Undressed by eldee(m): 11:23pm On Jan 01, 2010
hax:

Wearing nothing?
I do hope 9ja girls do follow her latest trend and hide only their unmentionables with rubber tape. cheesy
Well I'm not going to go into an argument with you about who's a style icon and who's not.
I'll let the magazines do that . . . don't you have E! or sumn??

chiogo:

Seriously, is she the first to be on GQ? She's on GQ 'cause she's a fashionista? LOLOL Wow!

Nah, she's not the first to be on GQ, why?? because she's not the first fashion icon that'll be recognised by a men's style/fashion magazine.
Let's work with facts here . . . and not opinions.
The likes of George Clooney, Jessica Alba, Jennifer Aniston, AJ, Rihanna and Sienna Miller are all style icons. . .that's why they're on the most popular male style magazine, GQ.
Rihanna's been on Elle, FHM, Fashion, Cosmopolitan, GQ covers . . . I respect your taste in fashion, but could you at least respect the fact that these guys know a lil bit about style.
You think it's all that wear same colour head to to thing that you guys do?? grin grin
Re: Rihanna: Irritating Voice, Stiff Dancer & Always Half Undressed by A40(m): 1:19am On Jan 02, 2010
Somebody call the medics, Red cross anybody there is a hateration epidemic going on here  grin grin

I A-40 (Professor Emeritus) by the power vested in me by this great University of Nairaland would like to award a P.H.D (Playa Hating Degree) to the creator of this thread Michelin89. After diligent research and a successful defense of her thesis in PlayaHaterology we at the Department of Human Psychology Faculty of Arts University of Nairaland hereby award her her doctorate degree

If you guys can't stand Ri-ri just stick to your Lady Gaga! Its not by force ahn ahn see people older than this girl's mother hating on her  shocked shocked

I didn't like her Disturbia thingy but she more than made up for it with Take a Bow and Rehab

Y'all say she doesn't have talent!! How many talentless girls less than 22 can boast of three chart-topping platinum selling albums? If she is not talented then i don't know who is

Also for people comparing music of the 90's to now. I am also of the opinion that the 90's music was better but if you ask an 80's baby for his opinion he would tell you their music was better so its a never ending cycle
Re: Rihanna: Irritating Voice, Stiff Dancer & Always Half Undressed by Nobody: 1:47am On Jan 02, 2010
I A-40 (Professor Emeritus) by the power vested in me by this great University of Nairaland would like to award a P.H.D (Playa Hating Degree) to the creator of this thread Michelin89

Thank you. I want to thank everybody who voted for me, my family for their support and of course Rihanna who inspired me to create this thread.

Thank you fans, I love you. kiss kiss kiss grin grin grin
Re: Rihanna: Irritating Voice, Stiff Dancer & Always Half Undressed by chiogo(f): 1:55am On Jan 02, 2010
LOL ^^^^

eldee:

I felt like sumone that just paid to listen to Chiogo sing from inside the shower grin grin
Eldee, na me you dey diss so?? embarassed grin grin

eldee:

Nah, she's not the first to be on GQ, why?? because she's not the first fashion icon that'll be recognised by a men's style/fashion magazine.
Let's work with facts here . . . and not opinions.
The likes of George Clooney, Jessica Alba, Jennifer Aniston, AJ, Rihanna and Sienna Miller are all style icons. . .that's why they're on the most popular male style magazine, GQ.
Rihanna's been on Elle, FHM, Fashion, Cosmopolitan, GQ covers . . . I respect your taste in fashion, but could you at least respect the fact that these guys know a lil bit about style.
You think it's all that wear same colour head to to thing that you guys do?? grin grin
Ok, she has style, are you happy?
I actually like Rihanna, you just made it seem like she was the first to be on a magazine. [s]If I was a star and ready to go "all out", I'd probably be on that shiit too[/s]. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bracket - Temperature [official Video] / Download The Official VIDEO: MC Galaxy – Sukus / Lukas Graham – 3 (the Purple Album)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.