Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,774 members, 7,851,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:46 AM

10 Cities With The Best Road Infrastructure In Nigeria-opinion - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Cities With The Best Road Infrastructure In Nigeria-opinion (75187 Views)

10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria-opinion / 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion / 10 Most Developing States In Nigeria - Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Cities With The Best Road Infrastructure In Nigeria-opinion by nonsobaba: 11:04am On Feb 14, 2017
The roads in enugu were built without style and finesse. Just odd-looking roads with dull buildings by the sides. Sidewalks are built so poorly that many pedestrians prefer to walk on the road itself. Enugu is a dull place, nwanne. Port Harcourt should replace enugu on that list. She has much better roads, more pleasureable driving experience despite the occasional traffic and more grandoise and functional buildings at the sides. Enugu has the feel of those northern cities like sokoto , gusau and dutse where they build roads that are empty most time of the day, as most wawa people have fled to Anambra for economic survival.

9 Likes

Re: 10 Cities With The Best Road Infrastructure In Nigeria-opinion by LasGidiOwner: 11:08am On Feb 14, 2017
This is uncalled for. Even the devil would frown at this, as this your outbust is totally unnecessary. Stop please..

[s]
nonsobaba:
The roads in enugu were built without style and finesse. Just odd-looking roads with dull buildings by the sides. Sidewalks are built so poorly that many pedestrians prefer to walk on the road itself. Enugu is a dull place, nwanne. Port Harcourt should replace enugu on that list. She has much better roads, more pleasureable driving experience despite the occasional traffic and more grandoise and functional buildings at the sides. Enugu has the feel of those northern cities like sokoto , gusau and dutse where they build roads that are empty most time of the day, as most wawa people have fled to Anambra for economic survival.
[/s]

5 Likes

Re: 10 Cities With The Best Road Infrastructure In Nigeria-opinion by Shittuakeem(m): 11:11am On Feb 14, 2017
[quote author=Henrydone post=53687431]Oga traveller you need to visit uyo, uyo roads are wider with well defined interchange.I don't think it makes sense comparing uyo and Enugu when it comes to road [/quote

You can't compare Enugu with Lagos aside from Shop rite Road, Gariki and Holygost where were again in Enugu am a Yoruba but have been to most part of Ng

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Cities With The Best Road Infrastructure In Nigeria-opinion by Shittuakeem(m): 11:12am On Feb 14, 2017
Henrydone:
Oga traveller you need to visit uyo, uyo roads are wider with well defined interchange.I don't think it makes sense comparing uyo and Enugu when it comes to road

You can't compare Enugu with Lagos aside from Shop rite Road, Gariki and Holygost where were again in Enugu am a Yoruba but have been to most part of Ng

6 Likes

Re: 10 Cities With The Best Road Infrastructure In Nigeria-opinion by betterABIAstate: 11:20am On Feb 14, 2017
Shittuakeem:

you don't know Enugu, gariki is even a ghetto (I think you meant agabni road), though Enugu cannot be compared with Lagos but Enugu has a lot of beautiful roads.

Ogui road
Abakaliki road
Ziks avenue
Agbani road
Presidential road
Chime avenue
Rangers avenue
Independence road
Ezillo
Etc are all well tarred roads with pedestrian walkways.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Cities With The Best Road Infrastructure In Nigeria-opinion by Myrolemodel: 11:27am On Feb 14, 2017
I believe that by 2019, Abakaliki will join the league. The governor is not doing badly for now
Re: 10 Cities With The Best Road Infrastructure In Nigeria-opinion by nonsobaba: 11:28am On Feb 14, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
This is uncalled for. Even the devil will frown at this, as this your outbust is totally unnecessary. Stop please..

[s][/s]
My brother, i have to say it. Wawa ppl are the most treacherous igbos i hv ever seen. They come to Anambra with all their mess, we accomodate them, clothe them, feed them, yet they turn around to stab us in d back. I can assure you that most monikers with dubious identities, fighting anambra state on nairaland are actually wawa ppl. In real life, i have related with many of them and their unexplainable hatred and jealousy on anambra state qnd her ppl is very shocking, despite the fact that they are the laziest and poorest of igbos. I challanged one mouthful wawa clown the other day to name one major, functioning company owned by a wawa man or woman in this country and before i could raise my head to receive an answer, he had disappeared into a rat hole.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Cities With The Best Road Infrastructure In Nigeria-opinion by betterABIAstate: 11:28am On Feb 14, 2017
Uyo has good roads but one cannot compare uyo to Enugu

First of all, Enugu is far larger than uyo and uyo doesn't have standard internal roads. Most people will be surprised to see that its only the major roads like olu obasanjo road, Ibrahim babangida road, ikotopene road, aka road, oron road and some few others which are the major roads in uyo are standard, even abak road is breaking down at some point. Internal roads in uyo are not as surperb as in Enugu.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Cities With The Best Road Infrastructure In Nigeria-opinion by ritababe(f): 11:33am On Feb 14, 2017
wristbangle:
Benin suppose dey the list . No be so ritababe? cool

lol, our government no they try joor, na only ring road fine for our side.
Re: 10 Cities With The Best Road Infrastructure In Nigeria-opinion by Jokerman(m): 11:34am On Feb 14, 2017
akoko11:

Yes our states governors mess up, but this kind of federal system of government doesn't favour us, let every state control their resources and pay percentage to d central government, not this unitary system of govt whereby d central share d wealth of few states to all d states of d federation n keep d lion share to herself.

We need fiscal federalism or Niger Delta Republic simple.

Of cos I m with you on this... that's why our leaders are at fault... dey don't want the best for us... they should have clamored for this long ago buh becos of theft and pillaging they refuse...
Re: 10 Cities With The Best Road Infrastructure In Nigeria-opinion by Jokerman(m): 11:35am On Feb 14, 2017
ritababe:

I'd pick New Benin ahead of Ring road.....
Re: 10 Cities With The Best Road Infrastructure In Nigeria-opinion by LasGidiOwner: 11:43am On Feb 14, 2017
This is unnecessary. Please stop

[s]
nonsobaba:
My brother, i have to say it. Wawa ppl are the most treacherous igbos i hv ever seen. They come to Anambra with all their mess, we accomodate them, clothe them, feed them, yet they turn around to stab us in d back. I can assure you that most monikers with dubious identities, fighting anambra state on nairaland are actually wawa ppl. In real life, i have related with many of them and their unexplainable hatred and jealousy on anambra state qnd her ppl is very shocking, despite the fact that they are the laziest and poorest of igbos. I challanged one mouthful wawa clown the other day to name one major, functioning company owned by a wawa man or woman in this country and before i could raise my head to receive an answer, he had disappeared into a rat hole.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: 10 Cities With The Best Road Infrastructure In Nigeria-opinion by Vickysnipe147(m): 11:45am On Feb 14, 2017
who is saying that owerri has better road than Onitsha?... tell me any where in owerri that can compare with upper-iweka. onitsha might be dirty Due to the market nature but not road. owerri roads that are tiny like single lane split into two that u guys are calling road.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Cities With The Best Road Infrastructure In Nigeria-opinion by wristbangle: 11:48am On Feb 14, 2017
ritababe:

sadsad but why? Btw hapi val. Check ur mail madam
Re: 10 Cities With The Best Road Infrastructure In Nigeria-opinion by vatiqan(m): 12:02pm On Feb 14, 2017
Omo, see scores... 8:2. No wonder sm pipo the tie themselve for one Nizeria.
Re: 10 Cities With The Best Road Infrastructure In Nigeria-opinion by vatiqan(m): 12:09pm On Feb 14, 2017
mrvitalis:
Uyo over enugu?? Ur really high

Uyo shd be no 2 on that list, only after Abuja. Who told you there are roads in Enugu?

1 Like

Re: 10 Cities With The Best Road Infrastructure In Nigeria-opinion by ritababe(f): 12:23pm On Feb 14, 2017
wristbangle:

sadsad but why? Btw hapi val. Check ur mail madam
same here.
Re: 10 Cities With The Best Road Infrastructure In Nigeria-opinion by Danielnino00(m): 12:33pm On Feb 14, 2017
Oxtonguy:
Meanwhile in Ogun it's not just about state capital

1.Ijebu Ode
2.Otta
3.Abeokuta
4.Agbara

Agbara? bro are you serious ..

The road at Agbara is an eyesore. Despite the fact that it links Ogun state with Lagos,the stupid Amosun saw no need to fixt it.
Re: 10 Cities With The Best Road Infrastructure In Nigeria-opinion by willibounce1(m): 12:50pm On Feb 14, 2017
dplordx:
Useless Ibikunle Amount with all the proximity to Lagos and the millions of people in your state... It is well.

That man is as useless as a used tissue paper.
Re: 10 Cities With The Best Road Infrastructure In Nigeria-opinion by ademijuwonlo(f): 12:55pm On Feb 14, 2017
Uyo has good road networks..... Akwa ibom Ayaya!!!
Re: 10 Cities With The Best Road Infrastructure In Nigeria-opinion by omokab: 1:02pm On Feb 14, 2017
Mrbigman1:
Oga remove akure Dia and place kaduna and owerri Dia. Akure dat I ve bin too?

U need to be Dia urself before u rate not a copy an paste.
ypu people always mention oweri as if something special is there. Owerr in term of roads is not good at all compare to akure you mentioned. I know the two state so you can't tell me about them. Looking at one side of city does not qualify it to be good enough. New oweri is what you will be thinking about. But this okorocha is trying. In some years to come oweri will be completing. Is just like osogbo.aregbe is really trying for roads construction but is still far comapre to above mentioned city.
Re: 10 Cities With The Best Road Infrastructure In Nigeria-opinion by Mrbigman1(m): 1:42pm On Feb 14, 2017
omokab:
ypu people always mention oweri as if something special is there. Owerr in term of roads is not good at all compare to akure you mentioned. I know the two state so you can't tell me about them. Looking at one side of city does not qualify it to be good enough. New oweri is what you will be thinking about. But this okorocha is trying. In some years to come oweri will be completing. Is just like osogbo.aregbe is really trying for roads construction but is still far comapre to above mentioned city.

Every city has central and outside. U can be bringing small towns outside owerri and call it owerri or far out towns of mbano and call dem owerri. Am from anambra but few time I went to owerri, I was wowed Menh. U just can't compare abeg. Akure is a hand full of roads and just straight roads. All dis one u re also calling, apart from lag, Abj, ph and maybe osha, most other dnt even ve standard truck B or even truck C roads, it's just one straight Federal road we re referring as "dey ve road" going into nuke and crannies, deep streets and estates, it's all nothing.
Re: 10 Cities With The Best Road Infrastructure In Nigeria-opinion by BLoomfrancs(m): 2:57pm On Feb 14, 2017
nonsobaba:

You are such a dickhead for vomiting this rubbish. Who on earth told you that Enugu people are lazy. Mumu get a life.

1 Like

Re: 10 Cities With The Best Road Infrastructure In Nigeria-opinion by Kingsley1000(m): 3:08pm On Feb 14, 2017
nonsobaba:
why hating on enugu people?just like they live in our state ,majority of us do live and have an establishment in enugu(innoson etc )......igbo bu ofu

1 Like

Re: 10 Cities With The Best Road Infrastructure In Nigeria-opinion by laudate: 3:17pm On Feb 14, 2017
kuuljay:
talk of good road network and ease of movement even Lagos and portharcourt cannot be compared to Enugu,its just that most people who make this assertion's have never left the city they lived in,am from the north and I haved travelled every state in this country

Enugu does not have the population in terms of numbers, that Lagos has. Just imagine what would happen on Enugu's roads if the population went up, to equal that of Lagos state. You would witness a gridlock of epic proportions. undecided

2 Likes

Re: 10 Cities With The Best Road Infrastructure In Nigeria-opinion by ishola98: 3:48pm On Feb 14, 2017
Re: 10 Cities With The Best Road Infrastructure In Nigeria-opinion by 0ganiru: 3:50pm On Feb 14, 2017
laudate:

Enugu does not have the population in terms of numbers, that Lagos has. Just imagine what would happen on Enugu's roads if the population went up, to equal that of Lagos state. You would witness a gridlock of epic pproportions
laudate has very good diction and grammar, left gender(probably female, feminist), ethnicity(some group 'south south') as a mystery through the posts I've been though, hardly resorts to jargon. But is staunchly opposed to too good news flash igbos, not the producing type. Biafra will mean a lot of Igbos will leave nigeria, and perhaps a lot of progress for igbos. Biafra will almost certainly pay up its part of the current Nigerian loans and those to come (till secession), those prior to the soon be secession allocated to Biafran states. Don't be so negative to igbos. We are not all angels, as the war left us. But we're not bad at all
Re: 10 Cities With The Best Road Infrastructure In Nigeria-opinion by laudate: 3:55pm On Feb 14, 2017
0ganiru:
laudable has very good diction and, left gender(probably female, feminist) ethnicity(some group 'south south' as a mystery through the posts I've been though, hardly resorts to jargon. But is staunchly opposed to too good news flash igbos, not the producing type. Biafra will mean a lot of Igbos will leave nigeria, and perhaps a lot of progress for igbos. Biafra will almost certainly pay up its part of the current Nigerian loans and those to come (till secession), those prior to the soon be secession allocated to Biafran states. Don't be so negative to igbos. We are not all angels, as the war left us. But we're not bad at all

Guy, I do not know what you are driving at. sad I am not against any good news about Nd'Igbo. Just get off my mentions, if you have nothing sensible to say. angry I have said it several times before - I am not against the Igbo, but I am anti-IPOB. I am against the propaganda, hate-filled rhetoric, and venom spewed against other ethnic groups by IPOB. Now take the next door to your left. It is the exit door! undecided

3 Likes

Re: 10 Cities With The Best Road Infrastructure In Nigeria-opinion by 0ganiru: 4:06pm On Feb 14, 2017
laudate:

Guy, I do not know what you are driving at. sad I am not against any good news about Nd'Igbo. Just get off my mentions, if you have nothing sensible to say. angry I have said it several times before - I am not against the Igbo, but I am anti-IPOB. I am against the propaganda, hate-filled rhetoric, and venom spewed against other ethnic groups by IPOB. Now take the next door to your left. It is the exit door! undecided
if for instance ipob is anti fulani aggression, and you're anti ipob...

1 Like

Re: 10 Cities With The Best Road Infrastructure In Nigeria-opinion by laudate: 4:21pm On Feb 14, 2017
0ganiru:
if for instance ipob is anti fulani attacks, and you're anti ipob...

Guy, stop this silly dribbling. undecided What do you mean by anti-Fulani attacks? If you had said anti-Fulani herdsmen attack, it might make sense. But IPOB has never stood for anything, that is noble. They believe in launching verbal ad hominem attacks against other ethnic groups, using the brush of hate, propaganda, falsehood, stereotype and online venom. Now, remove your juvenile questions from my mentions, please... do not derail this thread.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Cities With The Best Road Infrastructure In Nigeria-opinion by Henrydone: 5:01pm On Feb 14, 2017
Shittuakeem:

Opps I never said that maybe you misquoted me

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

On This Day: Murtala Mohammed Was Shot Dead In His Mercedes Benz (PHOTOS) / Buhari Bans 50 High-profile Nigerians From Travelling / GBoy Nick, Nigerian Soldier Escapes Boko Haram Attack. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.