Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,009 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:41 PM

Beyonce Paid Homage To Yoruba Goddess With Dressing At The Grammy - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Beyonce Paid Homage To Yoruba Goddess With Dressing At The Grammy (51002 Views)

See How Rain Paid Homage To The Rainmaker,majek As He Goes Home Today. / Beyonce Channels Yoruba Goddess Yemoja In Spirit Music Video For The Lion King / Beyonce Shares Poem To Dedicate Her Twins To Yoruba Goddess, Yemoja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beyonce Paid Homage To Yoruba Goddess With Dressing At The Grammy by bigfrancis21: 9:46am On Feb 14, 2017
SillyeRabbit:
And where did she say all the info you OP posted. On her Facebook page or instagram?

I was going to say that too. Her dressing looked more like that of Virgin Mary. When did Oshun have a stereotypical image to be copied?
Re: Beyonce Paid Homage To Yoruba Goddess With Dressing At The Grammy by jagorinho: 9:46am On Feb 14, 2017
maskid:

because of what?? u guys are just atachheees always looking for relevance ... where did she say all these thez things the op posted.

jealous of a fetish goddess (that is a figment of ur uneducated imagination)? or the demonic inspired nudity?

she looks like everything including cleopatra. and queen of sheba. why oshun or watever?

JOKERS
says a guy without an iota of history.
Re: Beyonce Paid Homage To Yoruba Goddess With Dressing At The Grammy by madridguy(m): 9:47am On Feb 14, 2017
Afonja gods making wave.

1 Like

Re: Beyonce Paid Homage To Yoruba Goddess With Dressing At The Grammy by get2pauldy: 9:47am On Feb 14, 2017
Which of the goddess. Yeye Oshun or Aforomoja?
Re: Beyonce Paid Homage To Yoruba Goddess With Dressing At The Grammy by Nobody: 9:47am On Feb 14, 2017
ozoneboy:
Yoruba's been deceiving thereselves since 1600 grin,Beyonce and yoruba goddess my foot.

A ju won lo, tijakadi ko.

No need to be pained my brother, you can also attach to us by adopting a Yoruba name as your middle name. Many Igbo and others who live in Yoruba land are doing this. Nothing to be ashamed of.

2 Likes

Re: Beyonce Paid Homage To Yoruba Goddess With Dressing At The Grammy by Nobody: 9:48am On Feb 14, 2017
jagorinho:

says a guy without an iota of history.

Their own history started when the white men came to colonise them.
Re: Beyonce Paid Homage To Yoruba Goddess With Dressing At The Grammy by jagorinho: 9:50am On Feb 14, 2017
maskid:

please put a reliable source and not the imagination of another afonja slave...

your claim is false, it would have been better to say "it looks like" not showing your low self esteem . anyway let me live u to continue living in denial.. beyonce does not know or care about the existence of u or your entire clan mr. Man
i know how you feel, nobody would want to associate with someone without history

1 Like

Re: Beyonce Paid Homage To Yoruba Goddess With Dressing At The Grammy by Nobody: 9:50am On Feb 14, 2017
repogirl:
Beyonce is such a show girl, even her pregnancy na publicity stunt. Good for her sha, she is smiling very widely to the bank in the end.

I smell envy. undecided
Re: Beyonce Paid Homage To Yoruba Goddess With Dressing At The Grammy by Nobody: 9:52am On Feb 14, 2017
maskid:
smh yellowbars always looking for some one to cling to,.. now its beyonce. very soon e go be nicky minaj. are you guys this servile?

attention seeking lots.

At least we are not denying our roots. We aren't claiming to be Jews. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Beyonce Paid Homage To Yoruba Goddess With Dressing At The Grammy by jagorinho: 9:52am On Feb 14, 2017
Ioannes:

Their own history started when the white men came to colonise them.
when yorubas were buiding empires, some of their ancestors were still walking naked in the bush.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beyonce Paid Homage To Yoruba Goddess With Dressing At The Grammy by Nobody: 9:54am On Feb 14, 2017
seifini:
Ask her she 'all tell U she's paying respect to some Egyptian deity which pre-dates Oshun.This was just some random coincidence, no need ascribing credit to Osun.

Jealousy is the root of hatred. cool

1 Like

Re: Beyonce Paid Homage To Yoruba Goddess With Dressing At The Grammy by ceejay80s(m): 9:55am On Feb 14, 2017
Ioannes:

grin grin grin e pain am. cheesy

e pain me no be small, which kind rubbish news be dis for front page, ordinary gold circle condom of 20naira those days is now 100naira and una come here dey gossip person wey better pass naija as a whole
Re: Beyonce Paid Homage To Yoruba Goddess With Dressing At The Grammy by Nobody: 9:56am On Feb 14, 2017
jagorinho:

when yorubas were buiding empires, some of their ancestors were still walking naked in the bush.

That's a fact. Have you ever heard of any Igbo kingdom or empire? It's always hamlets and villages. No real kings, just red capped chiefs.

No real history, just some concocted fable.

3 Likes

Re: Beyonce Paid Homage To Yoruba Goddess With Dressing At The Grammy by Nobody: 9:58am On Feb 14, 2017
ceejay80s:

e pain me no be small, which kind rubbish news be dis for front page, ordinary gold circle condom of 20naira those days is now 100naira and una come here dey gossip person wey better pass naija as a whole

So why you come open the thread dey comment now?

You for just go jeje to where dem dey discuss recession. undecided

1 Like

Re: Beyonce Paid Homage To Yoruba Goddess With Dressing At The Grammy by jagorinho: 10:14am On Feb 14, 2017
Ioannes:

That's a fact. Have you ever heard of any Igbo kingdom or empire? It's always hamlets and villages. No real kings, just red capped chiefs.

No real history, just some concocted fable.
i just laugh when i read most of their comments here,if they know how ordinary their history is,they will take a chill pill.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beyonce Paid Homage To Yoruba Goddess With Dressing At The Grammy by Ajaodolapo(m): 10:15am On Feb 14, 2017
tolexy007:
undecided i dey wait wen dem trace one technology to us
go and read bout the sphinx of Egypt

1 Like

Re: Beyonce Paid Homage To Yoruba Goddess With Dressing At The Grammy by Setaje(f): 10:16am On Feb 14, 2017
This is why people were saying she was paying homage to oshun! Yellow and gold are used to depict osun colours and her dress in also depicts the river goddess. The other day she payed homage to yemoja and dedicated her twins to her. she is trying to go back to her roots. But it's all idolatry and nothing to be proud of!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beyonce Paid Homage To Yoruba Goddess With Dressing At The Grammy by arsenal33: 10:17am On Feb 14, 2017
Twons1:
Again Ogun and sango pple

not okija shrine people
Re: Beyonce Paid Homage To Yoruba Goddess With Dressing At The Grammy by SaffronSpice: 10:24am On Feb 14, 2017
maskid:

it is common knowledge that beyonce likes golden attires. she has even confirmed severally about her love for gold. why is this afonja OP spewing his low self esteem all over the place... so her paying homage to some twisted goddess will take all of them out of poverty or replace their brown roofs?
truely, those pple are pathetic!!!!
http://theculture.forharriet.com/2016/05/beyonce-channels-yoruba-goddess-oshun.html#axzz4YeL1lTJ3

1 Like

Re: Beyonce Paid Homage To Yoruba Goddess With Dressing At The Grammy by teozey111(m): 10:26am On Feb 14, 2017
Re: Beyonce Paid Homage To Yoruba Goddess With Dressing At The Grammy by Prosper123: 10:29am On Feb 14, 2017
you guys lack knowledge,the singer is projecting the worship of a deity yet you people are rejoicing because a black like you approves it and many of you are talking about history.even the church goers among you. I even don't how we are identified with such demonic worship; it has kept men in bondage. I rather don't have history than have a history on the worship of a diety. the black man is grossly mistaken. all these celebrities know the message they are passing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beyonce Paid Homage To Yoruba Goddess With Dressing At The Grammy by SaffronSpice: 10:33am On Feb 14, 2017
RockHard:

Yet she dey praise Yoruba goddess? cheesy grin You Jokers and your attache by force.
Yoruba consciousness is just too strong and stubborn. Even slavery sef no fit suppress the consciousness. cool
check out out this link
http://www.okayafrica.com/culture-2/beyonce-lemonade-laolu-senbanjo-sacred-art-of-the-ori/

1 Like

Re: Beyonce Paid Homage To Yoruba Goddess With Dressing At The Grammy by Nobody: 10:34am On Feb 14, 2017
RockHard:

Yet she dey praise Yoruba goddess? cheesy grin You Jokers and your attache by force.

Yoruba consciousness is just too strong and stubborn. Even slavery sef no fit suppress the consciousness. cool
Re: Beyonce Paid Homage To Yoruba Goddess With Dressing At The Grammy by SAMBHOSS(m): 10:36am On Feb 14, 2017
Nawa oh....tribalism never ends....d person dah deyya arguing on top sef just dey.......make she dey pay the tribute abi praise na.....na she get her body na........smh
Re: Beyonce Paid Homage To Yoruba Goddess With Dressing At The Grammy by jagorinho: 10:39am On Feb 14, 2017
Prosper123:
you guys lack knowledge,the singer is projecting the worship of a deity yet you people are rejoicing because a black like you approves it and many of you are talking about history.even the church goers among you. I even don't how we are identified with such demonic worship; it has kept men in bondage. I rather don't have history than have a history on the worship of a diety. the black man is grossly mistaken. all these celebrities know the message they are passing
religious nigerians,yet the country is a shame.The europeans that brought christianity to us are discarding it per second billing yet you are still stuck with it.Let me ask you a question, if by chance we didnt come in contact with the europeans in the first place, wont we still be practising our traditional religion? by your logic,it means billion of hindus will go to hell because they worship idols.
Re: Beyonce Paid Homage To Yoruba Goddess With Dressing At The Grammy by Prosper123: 10:46am On Feb 14, 2017
jagorinho:

religious nigerians,yet the country is a shame.The europeans that brought christianity to us are discarding it per second billing yet you are still stuck with it.Let me ask you a question, if by chance we didnt come in contact with the europeans in the first place, wont we still be practising our traditional religion? by your logic,it means billion of hindus will go to hell because they worship idols.

remove religion aside if you think Beyonce is better off endorse her. you are just speaking because you have not possibly traveled out, so you believe everything they do or approve is the best.
Re: Beyonce Paid Homage To Yoruba Goddess With Dressing At The Grammy by Prosper123: 10:48am On Feb 14, 2017
jagorinho:

remove religion aside if you think Beyonce is better off endorse her. you are just speaking because you have not possibly traveled out, so you believe everything they do or approve is the best.The country is not a shame because of religion.You don't really need religion to put the country right.
Re: Beyonce Paid Homage To Yoruba Goddess With Dressing At The Grammy by shumuel(m): 10:58am On Feb 14, 2017
KealDrogo:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4221100/Was-Oshun-Beyonce-s-Grammy-Award-inspiration.html

Have always known Beyonce to be very wise, well now we know where she will run to if Trump truely decides to send them all packing from the US,, a beach house near the River Osun would indeed be a dream come true for her grin

Very smart woman, quickly porting from Esu to Oshun wink
Re: Beyonce Paid Homage To Yoruba Goddess With Dressing At The Grammy by SAMBHOSS(m): 11:01am On Feb 14, 2017
shumuel:

Have always known Beyonce to be very wise, well now we know where she will run to if Trump truely decides to send them all packing from the US,, a beach house near the River Osun would indeed be a dream come true for her grin

Very smart woman, quickly porting from Esu to Oshun wink

Walahi....she smart die....na insurance she dey do.....if trump head spark.....straight here.....
Re: Beyonce Paid Homage To Yoruba Goddess With Dressing At The Grammy by youngjoy(f): 11:02am On Feb 14, 2017
queen bey
Re: Beyonce Paid Homage To Yoruba Goddess With Dressing At The Grammy by jagorinho: 11:04am On Feb 14, 2017
Prosper123:

remove religion aside if you think Beyonce is better off endorse her. you are just speaking because you have not possibly traveled out, so you believe everything they do or approve is the best.The country is not a shame because of religion.You don't really need religion to put the country right.
why should i remove religion? religion and corruption are the major vices holding this country down,beyonce is free to express hersef,you dont need to condemn her under religious pretext but please since you are educated,you ought to know that one does not need to travel out to know what is happening around the world,if you know the amount of data,time and energy i used to check international affairs every single day, i doubt you will match that.
Re: Beyonce Paid Homage To Yoruba Goddess With Dressing At The Grammy by KealDrogo: 11:05am On Feb 14, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Instagram Hacker Claims Xbusta Is Nina New Boyfriend (Photos) / Dino Melaye Cooking For Himself On New Year Day In Dubai (Photos) / My Dad Sent 50 Police To Arrest Me And My Promoters During My 1st Show - Davido

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.