Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,833 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Lie! Adeshina Did Not Say Buhari May Speak To Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lie! Adeshina Did Not Say Buhari May Speak To Nigerians (1691 Views)

Police Surround NBA Ikeja, Chairman Adeshina Ogunlana Arrested / Adeshina Akinpelu Escapes Assassination In Ibadan, Gani Adams Accused (Photos) / Buhari May Speak To Nigerians By Phone Soon - Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lie! Adeshina Did Not Say Buhari May Speak To Nigerians by OLADD: 12:17pm On Feb 14, 2017
The rate at which Nigerians are been fed with outright lies and half-truths by questionable characters and agents of this administration whose missions are yet to be known needs to be put in check. I read with consternation a news item attributed to Daily Post wherein Femi Adeshina was quoted as saying Buhari may call Nigerians in the aftermath of Donald Trump alleged phone chat .The story was not only false but a caricature of the actual conversation that took place between Femi Adeshina and Seun Okinbaloye on Channels TV flagship programme-Politics Today. I watched the programme live and there was nowhere Adesina quoted Buhari as saying he'll speak to Nigerians.

The conversation went thus:

Seun Okinbaloye: Maybe (sic) the president can speak to Nigerians from UK(ostensibly asking Adeshina if Buhari can speak to Nigerians having spoken to Trump on phone)

Adeshina: You just said maybe( laughing hysterically).

In a nutshell, Adeshina never said he spoke to Buhari on the possibility of him speaking to Nigerians. He only responded to the poser thrown to him by Seun. It would be a welcome development if the phone call happens in the nearest future but twisting facts to deceive the citizens is irresponsible.

1 Like

Re: Lie! Adeshina Did Not Say Buhari May Speak To Nigerians by kunlexy1759(m): 12:26pm On Feb 14, 2017
Some people will just get high bp on Buhari health status.

1 Like

Re: Lie! Adeshina Did Not Say Buhari May Speak To Nigerians by OLADD: 12:33pm On Feb 14, 2017
kunlexy1759:

Nobody is loosing sleep over Buhari's health but peddlers of fake news must be stopped lest our country becomes a laughing stock in the committee of nations.

Buhari would help himself if he puts a call across to Nigerians but Adeshina did not promise that.
Re: Lie! Adeshina Did Not Say Buhari May Speak To Nigerians by OLADD: 1:31pm On Feb 14, 2017
APC is gradually entrenching the culture of lies and deceits in our social life. It's worrisome.
Re: Lie! Adeshina Did Not Say Buhari May Speak To Nigerians by obailala(m): 3:22pm On Feb 14, 2017
OLADD:
APC is gradually entrenching the culture of lies and deceits in our social life. It's worrisome.
You just confirmed that Femi Adesina never said anything, then you turn around to blame APC for the silly interpretation of Daily Post?

Now what's the difference between this your thread and the rubbish vomited by Daily Post?

Make una try dey use small dignity dey do this opposition thing abeg.
Re: Lie! Adeshina Did Not Say Buhari May Speak To Nigerians by OLADD: 4:15pm On Feb 14, 2017
obailala:
You just confirmed that Femi Adesina never said anything, then you turn around to blame APC for the silly interpretation of Daily Post?

Now what's the difference between this your thread and the rubbish vomited by Daily Post?

Make una try dey use small dignity dey do this opposition thing abeg.

How do we know if Daily Post has not become a willing tool for falsehood and propaganda just like The Nation Newspaper.
Re: Lie! Adeshina Did Not Say Buhari May Speak To Nigerians by obailala(m): 4:21pm On Feb 14, 2017
OLADD:

How do we know if Daily Post has not become a willing tool for falsehood and propaganda just like The Nation Newspaper.
How are we sure it wasn't one of your opposition colleagues who masterminded that report in Daily post?
Re: Lie! Adeshina Did Not Say Buhari May Speak To Nigerians by OLADD: 4:30pm On Feb 14, 2017
obailala:
How are we sure it wasn't one of your opposition colleagues who masterminded that report in Daily post?

Just listen to yourself again, how can opposition elements plant a story to project the image of the ruling party? That story was concocted to reduce tension about Buhari's health.
Re: Lie! Adeshina Did Not Say Buhari May Speak To Nigerians by ezivision: 5:36pm On Feb 14, 2017
@ Op, you are missing it, haters may be behind the twist in the news so as to make noise when Mr Presidio that not make any phone call, pls advice your people oooo
Re: Lie! Adeshina Did Not Say Buhari May Speak To Nigerians by obailala(m): 6:00pm On Feb 14, 2017
OLADD:

Just listen to yourself again, how can opposition elements plant a story to project the image of the ruling party? That story was concocted to reduce tension about Buhari's health.
Project which image?... Saying the president 'MAY' speak to Nigerians?... How does that project what image exactly?

@OLADD, there you go with your answer by the way....
ezivision:
@ Op, you are missing it, haters may be behind the twist in the news so as to make noise when Mr Presidio that not make any phone call, pls advice your people oooo
Re: Lie! Adeshina Did Not Say Buhari May Speak To Nigerians by OLADD: 6:09pm On Feb 14, 2017
obailala:
Project which image?... Saying the president 'MAY' speak to Nigerians?... How does that project what image?

Project Buhari's image as being a listening leader. You and I know Buhari doesn't give a hoot about Nigerians' feelings. A president that went on vacation two days after 236 citizens were "mistakenly" killed by the military could be described as a callous leader.
Re: Lie! Adeshina Did Not Say Buhari May Speak To Nigerians by OLADD: 6:13pm On Feb 14, 2017
ezivision:

Which people ? Am I the Daily Post that carried the news?
Re: Lie! Adeshina Did Not Say Buhari May Speak To Nigerians by obailala(m): 6:24pm On Feb 14, 2017
OLADD:

Project Buhari's image as being a listening leader. You and I know Buhari doesn't give a hoot about Nigerians' feelings. A president that went on vacation two days after 236 citizens were "mistakenly" killed by the military could be described as a callous leader.
Lol.. you guys take your opposition to ridiculous amusing levels. The president is sick and is attending to his health, any complaints should be channelled to the Ag. President, that's why you have an Ag. President.

Besides, on a personal note, if I were Mr President, I wouldn't make a single attempt to speak to anyone under these circumstances until I return. Anyone who says they would die if they don't hear my voice, such a person should kindly do the needful with a wet NEPA transformer. The hard truth about this whole 'where is the president?' saga is that it is coming mainly from people who wish the president dead... They just want confirmation of answered prayers. grin
Re: Lie! Adeshina Did Not Say Buhari May Speak To Nigerians by obailala(m): 6:25pm On Feb 14, 2017
OLADD:

Which people ? Am I the Daily Post that carried the news?
Is apc Daily Post that carried the news?... What's the brain behind this your thread?
Re: Lie! Adeshina Did Not Say Buhari May Speak To Nigerians by 1wolex85: 6:42pm On Feb 14, 2017
obailala:
Is apc Daily Post that carried the news?... What's the brain behind this your thread?

Why are you wasting your time with this guy? He likes opening useless threads. Imagine blaming APC for a mistake that is clearly the fault of daily post, just imagine!
Re: Lie! Adeshina Did Not Say Buhari May Speak To Nigerians by LivingHuman: 6:50pm On Feb 14, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
kunlexy1759:
Re: Lie! Adeshina Did Not Say Buhari May Speak To Nigerians by OLADD: 7:55pm On Feb 14, 2017
obailala:
Lol.. you guys take your opposition to ridiculous amusing levels. The president is sick and is attending to his health, any complaints should be channelled to the Ag. President, that's why you have an Ag. President.

Besides, on a personal note, if I were Mr President, I wouldn't make a single attempt to speak to anyone under these circumstances until I return. Anyone who says they would die if they don't hear my voice, such a person should kindly do the needful with a wet NEPA transformer. The hard truth about this whole 'where is the president?' saga is that it is coming mainly from people who wish the president dead... They just want confirmation of answered prayers. grin

Is the President's sickness so precarious that he can't make a 2-minute direct conversation with his people at home? Besides, I thought Lai Mohammed and Femi Adeshina said he's "hale and hearty"? Wow! You can do better than this.
Re: Lie! Adeshina Did Not Say Buhari May Speak To Nigerians by OLADD: 7:59pm On Feb 14, 2017
1wolex85:

Why are you wasting your time with this guy? He likes opening useless threads. Imagine blaming APC for a mistake that is clearly the fault of daily post, just imagine!

How did you know it was a mistake by Daily Post and not a connivance with Buhari Media Organisation? When did you become a pseudo spokesperson for the president?
Re: Lie! Adeshina Did Not Say Buhari May Speak To Nigerians by obailala(m): 9:08pm On Feb 14, 2017
OLADD:

Is the President's sickness so precarious that he can't make a 2-minute direct conversation with his people at home? Besides, I thought Lai Mohammed and Femi Adeshina said he's "hale and hearty"? Wow! You can do better than this.
Lol... he is not going to call anyone oooooo!! If I were him, I would make sure I never call because the people who keep wailing over this call (as if their lives depend on it) are actually the people who wish buhari was dead. The real motive behind the desperate requests for the president to speak to Nigerians is just so as to know/confirm when to start the wild jubilations and street parties.

Like I said before, if I were oga president, I would totally press the ignore button; there is a capable Ag. President who is doing very well in the absence of his boss. If you have any urgent issues, go to him.
Re: Lie! Adeshina Did Not Say Buhari May Speak To Nigerians by obailala(m): 9:09pm On Feb 14, 2017
OLADD:

How did you know it was a mistake by Daily Post and not a connivance with Buhari Media Organisation? When did you become a pseudo spokesperson for the president?
So when did you become pseudo spokesperson for Daily Post abi na ApC?.. yeye dey smell.. smh
Re: Lie! Adeshina Did Not Say Buhari May Speak To Nigerians by obailala(m): 9:10pm On Feb 14, 2017
1wolex85:

I'm actually enjoying the pointlessness of his wailing banters. grin
Re: Lie! Adeshina Did Not Say Buhari May Speak To Nigerians by OLADD: 9:35pm On Feb 14, 2017
obailala:
Lol... he is not going to call anyone oooooo!! If I were him, I would make sure I never call because the people who keep wailing over this call (as if their lives depend on it) are actually the people who wish buhari was dead. The real motive behind the desperate requests for the president to speak to Nigerians is just so as to know/confirm when to start the wild jubilations and street parties.

Like I said before, if I were oga president, I would totally press the ignore button; there is a capable Ag. President who is doing very well in the absence of his boss. If you have any urgent issues, go to him.

Are you saying this because you're a fan of the president or simply displaying traits of arrogance? Can you imagine a United States president rendering himself incommunicado amidst rumour of death simply because he's on vacation? Is this how Nigeria wants to catch up with first world countries?
Re: Lie! Adeshina Did Not Say Buhari May Speak To Nigerians by obailala(m): 9:40pm On Feb 14, 2017
OLADD:

Are you saying this because you're a fan of the president or simply displaying traits of arrogance? Can you imagine a United States president rendering himself incommunicado amidst rumour of death simply because he's on vacation? Is this how Nigeria wants to catch up with first world countries?
I'm saying this simply because I understand very well, the motive behind the questions.
Re: Lie! Adeshina Did Not Say Buhari May Speak To Nigerians by OLADD: 9:54pm On Feb 14, 2017
obailala:
I'm saying this simply because I understand very well, the motive behind the questions.

Even if their motive centres on prejudice, don't you think the president owes even his supporters some level of respect by speaking out? This is not 17th century my friend.
Re: Lie! Adeshina Did Not Say Buhari May Speak To Nigerians by 1wolex85: 6:28am On Feb 15, 2017
OLADD:

There is no indication that it was in connivance with anybody. You just like to make pointless assumptions. If that was the presidency's intent, Femi would have done it himself on air. They don't need daily post besides saying the President will speak to Nigerians does nothing for the government so this your thread is pointless. You just like to cry wolf where there is none.
Re: Lie! Adeshina Did Not Say Buhari May Speak To Nigerians by OLADD: 7:48am On Feb 15, 2017
1wolex85:

There is no indication that it was in connivance with anybody. You just like to make pointless assumptions. If that was the presidency's intent, Femi would have done it himself on air. They don't need daily post besides saying the President will speak to Nigerians does nothing for the government so this your thread is pointless. You just like to cry wolf where there is none.

I don't need your opinion on the pointlessness or otherwise of my post, leave that to the other Nairalanders to decide.

Meanwhile, how many times has the presidency denounced fake publications that seemed to be in their favour? What of the numerous campaign promises brandished in the media and used by APC to curry votes from Nigerians only for the party to dissociate themselves from those promises after assuming office? Don't think you're conversing with a dunce.
Re: Lie! Adeshina Did Not Say Buhari May Speak To Nigerians by 1wolex85: 10:19am On Feb 15, 2017
OLADD:

I don't need your opinion on the pointlessness or otherwise of my post, leave that to the other Nairalanders to decide.

Meanwhile, how many times has the presidency denounced fake publications that seemed to be in their favour? What of the numerous campaign promises brandished in the media and used by APC to curry votes from Nigerians only for the party to dissociate themselves from those promises after assuming office? Don't think you're conversing with a dunce.

Actually, you are fantastically proving yourself to be a dunce. You expect the presidency to respond to every publication? Now you are bringing in campaign promises, comparing apples with oranges.
Re: Lie! Adeshina Did Not Say Buhari May Speak To Nigerians by OBAGADAFFI: 10:26am On Feb 15, 2017
obailala:

He should have pushed the same Ignore button during the campaigns.
Re: Lie! Adeshina Did Not Say Buhari May Speak To Nigerians by obailala(m): 10:52am On Feb 15, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

He should have pushed the same Ignore button during the campaigns.

He did exactly the same when jonathanians were busy asking for 'buhari certificate' instead of campaigning for Jonathan.
Re: Lie! Adeshina Did Not Say Buhari May Speak To Nigerians by OBAGADAFFI: 10:59am On Feb 15, 2017
obailala:
He did exactly the same when jonathanians were busy asking for 'buhari certificate' instead of campaigning for Jonathan.

No he got lawyers and went to court .
Re: Lie! Adeshina Did Not Say Buhari May Speak To Nigerians by obailala(m): 11:18am On Feb 15, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

No he got lawyers and went to court .
That was long after election... After he had won and settled in, and then he decided to respond to noisy rants of the losers. grin
Re: Lie! Adeshina Did Not Say Buhari May Speak To Nigerians by OBAGADAFFI: 11:24am On Feb 15, 2017
obailala:
That was long after election... After he had won and settled in, and then he decided to respond to noisy rants of the losers. grin

LOL,

That case was in courts during the elections.

But if you feel the President got no Obligation to talk to his people so be it, nobody should complain if another set of politicians do same.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kalu Advises Obiano To Decamp To APC / Ipob...the Hijack Of A Noble Cause / I Have Not Been Seeing Ipob And Biafra Thread Here Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.