Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,149 members, 7,811,278 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:05 AM

10 Things You Shouldn’t Write In A Valentine’s Card - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Things You Shouldn’t Write In A Valentine’s Card (732 Views)

Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? / Design A Romantic Valentine Card For Your Spouse / Ladies, Sex Is Not A Valentine's Day Gift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Things You Shouldn’t Write In A Valentine’s Card by VastFinder: 6:37pm On Feb 14, 2017
With Valentine’s Day fast approaching, do you find yourself lost for words? Instead of aimlessly trawling the internet searching for a poem to copy and pass off as your own, get creative with your cards, but make sure you avoid the following if you want to see another Valentine’s Day with your other half.

1. “I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with you”
This goes hand in hand with “I can’t wait to have your babies”, and is a sure fire way to set alarm bells ringing in your partners head. If this is your first Valentines Day together, this is a great way to send your guy running for the hills.

2. “P.S. – don’t forget to change the cat litter”
Valentine’s Day is about love and romance, so avoid bringing up unsexy topics such as household chores, kids and mortgages in your card… unless you want to make it clear that you’re not in the mood that is.

3. Avoid X-rated content
It’s fine if you know that you’ll be the only ones reading it, but if it’s to be displayed proudly on top of the TV for all to see, then you may want to save the expletives between you and your partner.

4. “Roses are red violets are blue….”
Need I say more?

5. Don’t be boring!
Look at your card. Does it read something along the lines of: ‘Dear John, Happy Valentine’s Day, Love Anna’. If so, it belongs in the bin. Impersonal cards are pointless and will probably end up there anyway.

6. “I still love you, even though you’ve gotten fat”
Don’t use it as an excuse to point out their flaws. Spending a romantic evening with you will be the last thing they want to do after that!

7. No cheesy song lyrics
Reciting lyrics to Whitney Houston’s ‘I will always love you‘ is a definite no-no, if not a way to make him feel completely awkward and uncomfortable.

8. Don’t write an essay
Avoid rambling for two sides about nothing in particular. Keep it short and sweet and save some of the lovely things for.

9. No references to his ex-girlfriends/friends/mother
“I once received a card from my girlfriend which said, ‘Your mum and I saw this card and thought it would be funny’. Not something I’d expected to read in a Valentine’s card to be honest!” – Josh Reeves from London.

10. Don’t recycle the card you sent last year
Don’t laugh. People actually do this! Although men give off the impression that they couldn’t care less about Valentine’s Day, giving him last year’s card will only show him you couldn’t be bothered to make an effort, so why should he?

Source: https://vastfinder..com/2017/02/10-things-you-shouldnt-write-in.html

lalasticlala, Mynd44, farano, Rocktation, dominique, Sissy3, fynestboi

(1) (Reply)

See Lovely And Mouth Opening Photos Of Rihanna Style Development Over The Years / How To Be A Lagos Big Girl - Jtcblog / Check Out These Guys' Guilty Pleasures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.