Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,102 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Roman Catholics Requests Pope Francis Refer To Mary As Co-redemptrix With Jesus - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Roman Catholics Requests Pope Francis Refer To Mary As Co-redemptrix With Jesus (6130 Views)

Pope Claims Angels Greeting Mary As Being Full Of Grace Meant She Is Without Sin / Were The Early Christians Roman Catholics? / How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roman Catholics Requests Pope Francis Refer To Mary As Co-redemptrix With Jesus by Ubenedictus(m): 9:08pm On Feb 17, 2017
donnie:

W a t e v a...

Pope Francis should reject such false doctrine. Except of course he's part of the same satanic agenda (mystery Babylon).
He can't reject it because it isnt false doctrine. it is already part of the church's magisterium. the request is mainly a formality.
Re: Roman Catholics Requests Pope Francis Refer To Mary As Co-redemptrix With Jesus by Ubenedictus(m): 9:16pm On Feb 17, 2017
DoctorAlien:
Mary had no part whatsoever to play in the salvation of man. In fact, she needed salvation too, for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of GOD. GOD chose to introduce His only begotten Son as a man through Mary, and she yielded. Finish!
i hope you can see how you contradict urself?.

1 Like

Re: Roman Catholics Requests Pope Francis Refer To Mary As Co-redemptrix With Jesus by Ubenedictus(m): 9:33pm On Feb 17, 2017
Alexk2:

Yes it idolatry to call Mary "CO-redemptive" or to give her the credit that belong to God....it's idolatry to consider worshipping her in whatever way or letting her share the glory with God and Jesus Christ.
another yeye arguement so the glory of cooperating in an inferior manner in bring forth the saviour is a credit that belongs to God alone.

Incase u werent taught in ur church we now partake of God's glory even though in a different way. i am a partaker of the divine nature and a heir of the kingdom.
sometime God allows men to enjoy his glory that is what grace is all about, becos no matter how much we partake in God's glory it still returns to him.

1 Like

Re: Roman Catholics Requests Pope Francis Refer To Mary As Co-redemptrix With Jesus by Nobody: 12:59am On Feb 18, 2017
Its a suggestion for now .... but...the devil is smart undecided

Don't be surprised that it will be the norm 100 years from now
Re: Roman Catholics Requests Pope Francis Refer To Mary As Co-redemptrix With Jesus by orunto27: 5:53am On Feb 18, 2017
That's the Biggest Difference between CREATOR and Creatures.
Re: Roman Catholics Requests Pope Francis Refer To Mary As Co-redemptrix With Jesus by orunto27: 6:10am On Feb 18, 2017
Ubenedictus:
so because only God redeems that also means no creature cooperated volutarily in his plan abi?

Lord have mercy.

CREATOR lives in Heaven above His Creatures, so He can serve His Pleasures. No-one can be jealous about that.
Jesus was born through God's Vessel. He became CROSS and Christ and Resurrected before our very eyes to His Abode above to be GOD. Let anyone who is jealous perform such FEAT before our very eyes.
Re: Roman Catholics Requests Pope Francis Refer To Mary As Co-redemptrix With Jesus by Syncan(m): 7:38am On Feb 18, 2017
orunto27:

CREATOR lives in Heaven above His Creatures, so He can serve His Pleasures. No-one can be jealous about that.
Jesus was born through God's Vessel. He became CROSS and Christ and Resurrected before our very eyes to His Abode above to be GOD. Let anyone who is jealous perform such FEAT before our very eyes.

Praise the Lord!

@ the bold:

Jesus was born through God's vessel - Amen Amen.

Jesus came into the world through a vessel, an ark, that ark was the "Woman", Mary. Gal.4:4

He resurrected before our eyes to His abode - Amen Amen.

God enters His resting place with his ark, Psalm 132:8. Jesus, who is God, has taken His throne in Heaven, there also he reigns with His Ark Rev.11:19

1 Like

Re: Roman Catholics Requests Pope Francis Refer To Mary As Co-redemptrix With Jesus by Syncan(m): 7:44am On Feb 18, 2017
Ubenedictus:
Weytin person no go hear.

I tire o. If God give dem chance, dem go condemn Simeon to hell fire for bringing her into the matter. cheesy
Re: Roman Catholics Requests Pope Francis Refer To Mary As Co-redemptrix With Jesus by Ubenedictus(m): 9:16am On Feb 18, 2017
Muafrika2:
Its a suggestion for now .... but...the devil is smart undecided

Don't be surprised that it will be the norm 100 years from now
it is already the norm now.
Re: Roman Catholics Requests Pope Francis Refer To Mary As Co-redemptrix With Jesus by Nobody: 9:54am On Feb 18, 2017
Ubenedictus:
it is already the norm now.
My Jesus¡¡¡¡¡

lipsrsealed God save his elect among your people shocked
Re: Roman Catholics Requests Pope Francis Refer To Mary As Co-redemptrix With Jesus by Alexk2(m): 12:32pm On Feb 18, 2017
Ubenedictus:
another yeye arguement so the glory of cooperating in an inferior manner in bring forth the saviour is a credit that belongs to God alone.

Incase u werent taught in ur church we now partake of God's glory even though in a different way. i am a partaker of the divine nature and a heir of the kingdom.
sometime God allows men to enjoy his glory that is what grace is all about, becos no matter how much we partake in God's glory it still returns to him.

Since you'll not stop talking about Catholic doctrines and traditions, I hand up because I don't care about anything doctrine either Catholic, penticostal, or what have you. I believe the dangerous ploblem of Christianity is making each denominational doctrines superior to that of the Bible and I won't be part of it.

If you're ready to put aside your Catholic knowledge and traditions; then let's talk about the Bible. Anything short of that, I won't answer you anymore.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Roman Catholics Requests Pope Francis Refer To Mary As Co-redemptrix With Jesus by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 18, 2017
Making Mary a co-redemptrix is heresy already ,I mean very soon she will start washing away sins...and this is sad for the millions being deceived. No man can help God, had Mary probably not kept herself a virgin, God will still forgive her but she will have jeopardized the privilege of giving birth to Jesus and God will still choose another vessel for that purpose. Mary was just a normal human being who found favour with God so all this talk about her being any Co-redemptrix whatever is UNBIBLICAL.

NB: I repeat God can choose any vessel He wants to at any dispensation and time,but that doesn't make that individual any helper to God or co-redeemer or redemptrix ,only JESUS is our Redeemer period.

1 Like

Re: Roman Catholics Requests Pope Francis Refer To Mary As Co-redemptrix With Jesus by Ubenedictus(m): 2:01pm On Feb 18, 2017
Alexk2:

Since you'll not stop talking about Catholic doctrines and traditions, I hand up because I don't care about anything doctrine either Catholic, penticostal, or what have you. I believe the dangerous ploblem of Christianity is making each denominational doctrines superior to that of the Bible and I won't be part of it.

If you're ready to put aside your Catholic knowledge and traditions; then let's talk about the Bible. Anything short of that, I won't answer you anymore.
I have been talking about the bible since morning! Mary volutarily gave birth to the redeemer, she cooperated with God's plan, if ur bible doesn't tell you that much then you need a new bible or u havent been really reading d old one.

2 Likes

Re: Roman Catholics Requests Pope Francis Refer To Mary As Co-redemptrix With Jesus by Ubenedictus(m): 2:02pm On Feb 18, 2017
Muafrika2:
My Jesus¡¡¡¡¡
lipsrsealed God save his elect among your people shocked
The elect are saved already, that is why they are called the elect.
Re: Roman Catholics Requests Pope Francis Refer To Mary As Co-redemptrix With Jesus by Nobody: 2:05pm On Feb 18, 2017
Ubenedictus:
The elect are saved already, that is why they are called the elect.
Hope they don't fall,
Re: Roman Catholics Requests Pope Francis Refer To Mary As Co-redemptrix With Jesus by Ubenedictus(m): 2:11pm On Feb 18, 2017
handelex:
Making Mary a co-redemptrix is heresy already ,I mean very soon she will start washing away sins...and this is sad for the millions being deceived. No man can help God, had Mary probably not kept herself a virgin, God will still forgive her but she will have jeopardized the privilege of giving birth to Jesus and God will still choose another vessel for that purpose. Mary was just a normal human being who found favour with God so all this talk about her being any Co-redemptrix whatever is UNBIBLICAL.

NB: I repeat God can choose any vessel He wants to at any dispensation and time,but that doesn't make that individual any helper to God or co-redeemer or redemptrix ,only JESUS is our Redeemer period.
Nobody made mary anything, it was God who decided to allow her to cooperate in his plan of salvation. God could have chose anyone but he chose her, he sent an angel to ask her if she will bear the saviour and she said 'fiat'. No be we do am, na God.
Re: Roman Catholics Requests Pope Francis Refer To Mary As Co-redemptrix With Jesus by Nobody: 2:16pm On Feb 18, 2017
Ubenedictus:
Nobody made mary anything, it was God who decided to allow her to cooperate in his plan of salvation. God could have chose anyone but he chose her, he sent an angel to ask her if she will bear the saviour and she said 'fiat'. No be we do am, na God.
That's a lie sir, you guys are making her your co-redemptrix, and from my Bible unless yours is different, there is nothing like any co-redeemer or co-redemptrix, that is an office you people are trying or rather have created for Mary. God didn't make her that.

1 Like

Re: Roman Catholics Requests Pope Francis Refer To Mary As Co-redemptrix With Jesus by Ubenedictus(m): 2:17pm On Feb 18, 2017
Muafrika2:

Hope they don't fall,
Jude 1:24-25.

24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

God is able to keep his own from falling.
Re: Roman Catholics Requests Pope Francis Refer To Mary As Co-redemptrix With Jesus by Nobody: 2:20pm On Feb 18, 2017
Ubenedictus:

24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Yaa,except His own wants otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Roman Catholics Requests Pope Francis Refer To Mary As Co-redemptrix With Jesus by Ubenedictus(m): 2:24pm On Feb 18, 2017
handelex:
That's a lie sir, you guys are making her your co-redemptrix, and from my Bible unless yours is different, there is nothing like any co-redeemer or co-redemptrix, that is an office you people are trying or rather have created for Mary. God didn't make her that.
Coredemptrix is a title, like calling Joseph the Protector of the infant Jesus, both title are drawn from what the bible says about them. mary voluntarily agreed to bear the redeemer and Joseph did is work in protecting the infant Jesus.

Nobody made her anything, it was God who asked her to bear our redeemer.
Re: Roman Catholics Requests Pope Francis Refer To Mary As Co-redemptrix With Jesus by Nobody: 2:26pm On Feb 18, 2017
Ubenedictus:

Amen to that. BUT watch out,

Galatians 5:1 |

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

1 Like

Re: Roman Catholics Requests Pope Francis Refer To Mary As Co-redemptrix With Jesus by Nobody: 2:30pm On Feb 18, 2017
Ubenedictus:
Coredemptrix is a title, like calling Joseph the Protector of the infant Jesus, both title are drawn from what the bible says about them. mary voluntarily agreed to bear the redeemer and Joseph did is work in protecting the infant Jesus.

Nobody made her anything, it was God who asked her to bear our redeemer.
Really, a title?
Do you even understand the meaning of that so called Title? Cos that is an expensive title.
Re: Roman Catholics Requests Pope Francis Refer To Mary As Co-redemptrix With Jesus by parisbookaddict(f): 3:17pm On Feb 18, 2017
[quote author=OLAADEGBU post=53755330][/quote]

I keep drawing your attention to the dishonesty of your topics and posts.
You titled this post to make it seem as if roman catholics in general are calling for this new title on mary. Its the International Marian Association. The roman catholic church has thousands of religious groups and organizations.

You also do the same thing with muslims. The other day you posted a false transcript of a video about islam. It damages your credibility especially as you preach to them. You need to be honest
Re: Roman Catholics Requests Pope Francis Refer To Mary As Co-redemptrix With Jesus by Alexk2(m): 6:30pm On Feb 18, 2017
Ubenedictus:
I have been talking about the bible since morning! Mary volutarily gave birth to the redeemer, she cooperated with God's plan, if ur bible doesn't tell you that much then you need a new bible or u havent been really reading d old one.
Let me assume you're saying you now want to talk about what the Bible say and not what doctrine or Pope suggested.
First, what bring about all this is my strong disagreement with Roman Catholic Group Requests 'Pope Francis' Refer to Mary as 'Co-Redemptrix With Jesus'...and your augument seems to be in support of that. In your view, Mary cooperated and voluntarily gave birth to Jesus; so she deserves that....hmmmm embarassed undecided.
Mary's humility and yieldedness to the will of God is indeed worthy of emulation and she's a true model and a good example for women and Christians in general but to say or suggest she's a co-redeemer is something else.
Now let's look at the Bible to see who's a redeemer..please not that redeemer and saviour mean the same thing.

St. Luke 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
Notice that The above two verses refers and point to the same person; Jesus Christ.

1 John 4:14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.
Also notice that only the son(Jesus Christ) was sent by God to be the saviour of the world; no other personality.

Lastly see this;
The Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

"...there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." I want to believe my explanation is simple enough and straight from the BIBLE.
Enough said!

Just in case if definition of "redeemer" come as a problem, here's a dictionary definition of it;
Redeemer

Dictionaries - Easton's Bible Dictionary - Redeemer
Redeemer
Heb. goel; i.e., one charged with the duty of restoring the rights of another and avenging his wrongs ( Leviticus 25:48 Leviticus 25:49 ; Numbers 5:8 ; Ruth 4:1 ; Job 19:25 ; Psalms 19:14 ; 78:35 , etc.). This title is peculiarly applied to Christ. He redeems us from all evil by the payment of a ransom (q.v.). (See REDEMPTION .)

1 Like

Re: Roman Catholics Requests Pope Francis Refer To Mary As Co-redemptrix With Jesus by Ubenedictus(m): 6:52pm On Feb 18, 2017
handelex:
Really, a title?
Do you even understand the meaning of that so called Title? Cos that is an expensive title.

Yes, i understand the meaning of the title and it really isnt expensive. If you had read the article you would find that the title is clearly defined and actually true.

It seemly means that mary cooperated in an inferior manner in the plan of salvation by giving birth to the savior.

1 Like

Re: Roman Catholics Requests Pope Francis Refer To Mary As Co-redemptrix With Jesus by Ubenedictus(m): 6:54pm On Feb 18, 2017
Muafrika2:

Amen to that. BUT watch out,

Galatians 5:1 |

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
Oh yes.

He who thinks he stands should be carefull least he fall.

1 Like

Re: Roman Catholics Requests Pope Francis Refer To Mary As Co-redemptrix With Jesus by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:48pm On Feb 18, 2017
parisbookaddict:

I keep drawing your attention to the dishonesty of your topics and posts.
You titled this post to make it seem as if roman catholics in general are calling for this new title on mary. Its the International Marian Association. The roman catholic church has thousands of religious groups and organizations.

You also do the same thing with muslims. The other day you posted a false transcript of a video about islam. It damages your credibility especially as you preach to them. You need to be honest

I can see that you have been making fruitless attempts to demonise my posts. Are the International Marian Association not Roman Catholics? What you should have done is to inform us of Roman Catholics that don't subscribe to referring Mary as Co-redemptrix or better still ask sincerely why I titled the topic that way but you have shown that you are not sincere in criticising me all you are interested in doing is corrupting the minds of readers who might fall for your false sense of concern.

What you called a false transcript of a video about Islam should have been raised on that thread but you would rather come here to attack me where you know readers cannot judge by themselves.

Why don't you just come out and say that you are defending your Roman Catholic beliefs instead of saying I am posting false reports? undecided
Re: Roman Catholics Requests Pope Francis Refer To Mary As Co-redemptrix With Jesus by Nobody: 2:45am On Feb 19, 2017
Ubenedictus:
Oh yes.

He who thinks he stands should be carefull least he fall.
On point
Re: Roman Catholics Requests Pope Francis Refer To Mary As Co-redemptrix With Jesus by parisbookaddict(f): 12:45pm On Feb 19, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

I can see that you have been making fruitless attempts to demonise my posts. Are the International Marian Association not Roman Catholics? What you should have done is to inform us of Roman Catholics that don't subscribe to referring Mary as Co-redemptrix or better still ask sincerely why I titled the topic that way but you have shown that you are not sincere in criticising me all you are interested in doing is corrupting the minds of readers who might fall for your false sense of concern.

I am not demonizing your post. I am highlighting your view baiting tactics. I and other Christians have also called you out on this in both your anti catholic and anti islam posts you make.

What you called a false transcript of a video about Islam should have been raised on that thread but you would rather come here to attack me where you know readers cannot judge by themselves.
I am not quick to embarrass my fellow Christians. I googled and looked at where u sourced that material from. It was easy to see it was wrong. Any muslim who took your post seriously could have googled it and seen it was fake. However muslims here have stopped taking you serious because you frequently post clearly false information. I called u out on this before and you said something about the holy spirit guiding you. My brother the holy spirit does not guide people to error.

Why don't you just come out and say that you are defending your Roman Catholic beliefs instead of saying I am posting false reports? undecided

I am not defending anything. What do i defend? Is it the new title the Marian group wants to give mary or is it the false title you gave the thread.

I am calling you out on your false click/view bait title. If you have read some of my comments about the catholic church you would see i often critic some of their dogma. I also defend their teaching which some protestants here oppose. I dont believe anyone church sect, man or woman is a perfect follower of christ and must be followed absolutely without question. IF you do then you are no different from the brainwashed muslims.

Be honest. It will work better for you.
Re: Roman Catholics Requests Pope Francis Refer To Mary As Co-redemptrix With Jesus by SalC: 3:34pm On Feb 19, 2017
Syncan:

I tire o. If God give dem chance, dem go condemn Simeon to hell fire for bringing her into the matter. cheesy
The surprising thing is.......
Mary found her missing son and inquired why he didn't come with them....Our over sabi brothers here shout...look! She isn't helping him at all let alone being a co- redemptrix.
As if she was supposed to just forget looking for him.

She drew his attention to the finished wine and they screemed... Why must she want to be part of anything he does.

If she had not gone back to Jerusalem to look for him, they will still argue that she wasn't interested in him or his ministry that's why she never cared to look for him. And that's why she can't be called co-redemptrix.

Well all man to his tent. I don't have a problem with what they choose to believe . And am still believing what i know to be true.

1 Like

Re: Roman Catholics Requests Pope Francis Refer To Mary As Co-redemptrix With Jesus by Syncan(m): 4:45pm On Feb 19, 2017
SalC:

The surprising thing is.......
Mary found her missing son and inquired why he didn't come with them....Our over sabi brothers here shout...look! She isn't helping him at all let alone being a co- redemptrix.
As if she was supposed to just forget looking for him.

She drew his attention to the finished wine and they screemed... Why must she want to be part of anything he does.

If she had not gone back to Jerusalem to look for him, they will still argue that she wasn't interested in him or his ministry that's why she never cared to look for him. And that's why she can't be called co-redemptrix.

Well all man to his tent. I don't have a problem with what they choose to believe . And am still believing what i know to be true.

What else do you get when the blind leads the blind. Watch out on mothering Sunday now and see as dem dey glorify their own mama all over social media. Na Jesus go vilify Him own abi, na dem get sense pass Jesus. Follow who know road jare.

1 Like

Re: Roman Catholics Requests Pope Francis Refer To Mary As Co-redemptrix With Jesus by Syncan(m): 4:50pm On Feb 19, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Only you...in a space of three days, and at different threads

parisbookaddict:

Be honest. It will work better for you.

Syncan:

Ola be truthful with yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Have A Perfect Life? / Is "God" Of The Old Testament Satan? / Repentance For The Church Of Christ In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.