Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,228 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

...... - Islam for Muslims (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / ...... (216203 Views)

Angels Of Mercy: Some Of The Houses They Do Not Enter / It's Delusional & Sign Of Apostasy To Believe Angels Are Caught On Video Camera / Differences Between Angels And Jinn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (164) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ...... by LadunaI(m): 8:57pm On Dec 02, 2018
^^
Wow! What an interesting analysis. in addition there was a hadith that speak of Allah raising up at the turn of each century MUJAJID to REVIVE the Deen. I hardly see them looking for such Imams except those 4-7 scholars the author mentioned.
Re: ...... by Empiree: 9:04pm On Dec 02, 2018
LadunaI:
^^
Wow! What an interesting analysis. in addition there was a hadith that speak of Allah raising up at the turn of each century MUJAJID to REVIVE the Deen. I hardly see them looking for such Imams except those 4-7 scholars the author mentioned.
they claimed Mujaddid was ibn Abdulwahab
Re: ...... by Empiree: 6:11pm On Dec 03, 2018
Re: ...... by LadunaI(m): 8:11am On Dec 05, 2018
Empiree:
they claimed Mujaddid was ibn Abdulwahab

Why is it that other Mujaddid are not been recognised and they hardly make reference to any of them.

At least there should be more than ten Mujaddids, as we're now in the 15 century of Islam. Do you know others been consider for that exalted position before?
Re: ...... by Empiree: 3:38pm On Dec 05, 2018
LadunaI:

Why is it that other Mujaddid are not been recognised and they hardly make reference to any of them.

At least there should be more than ten Mujaddids, as we're now in the 15 century of Islam. Do you know others been consider for that exalted position before?
As a saying goes, the first mistake we make is that we always think of "someone else would be that majadid". Why not me?. Lol

The Hadith in question is valid, no doubt but matn of the hadith may have been worded slightly different from how Nabi (saw) said it. In this day and age with this sectarian and different ideological nonsense imbibed in the Muslim community worldwide, if someone should claim to be that majadid, such may belong to certain group or ideology. By default, other sects would turn him down if his manhaj doesn't fit their narrative.

For instance, sayyidi mawdudi said to be Mujaddid. Ibn Taymiyyah is said to be Mujaddid of his time as well but we have people who disagreed with them. I used to read sayyidi mawdudi growing up.

So there is another similar hadith which said there would always be group from this ummah that is upright and will be so until end of time. So by uniting both ahadith in harmonious whole to derive a meaning shows that Mujaddid is kinda collective effort of muslims i:e groups in the Muslim community.

I found this screenshot piece from pdf and this https://www.islamicity.org/3883/sayyid-mawdudi-the-mujaddid-reformer-of-his-century/

Re: ...... by LadunaI(m): 8:14am On Dec 07, 2018
^^^
Empiree I know this is subjective to some extent. Also based on the fact you raised about various ideologies Muslims are inclined to today, make is difficult for one 'sect' to ACCEPT the other sect from different ideological divides. But the interesting things is that who to be Mujaddid must able to clearly rise above all these differences, and their writtens or books must be depleted with such DIVINE insight that will lead any sectarian adherents reading it dumbfounded.

I mean any Muslims reading their book should be able to connect well with it. And broadly speaking I will say we have two major divides. Those that are more spiritually savvy and those that congruously attached to the law. I believe a Mujaddid must be able to bridge this gap and show that this is same coin of different side. The spiritual glory of any sort must be from thorough understanding and following the law.

Imam Ghazali(ra) is one of those that succinctly address that issues and many more imams after him. Also the written of Sheikh Abdulqadir Jilani(ra) also bear that imprint. I think this is not unconnected why even strictest scholar like Sheikh Ibn Taimiyyah fondly called him (Jilani) sheihkuna!(my sheikh).

So for me a REFORMER(Mujaddid) should per excellence able to lead the general muslim ummah into more DIVINE lights without any form of sectarian colouration.
Re: ...... by LadunaI(m): 10:47am On Dec 08, 2018
^^^
I chopped ban since yesterday lol. The anti spam boot picked me up twice yesterday as I wanted to post, hopefully it wouldn't happen again sha.
Re: ...... by Dreydoe(m): 12:41pm On Dec 08, 2018
Salam Alaykum brothers and sisters in islam..

what do you peeps do extra do feed Imann/ Taqwa??
Re: ...... by Empiree: 1:26pm On Dec 08, 2018
LadunaI:
^^^
I chopped ban since yesterday lol. The anti spam boot picked me up twice yesterday as I wanted to post, hopefully it wouldn't happen again sha.
I noticed this. You'd better off with screenshot especially if your post contain Arabic.
Re: ...... by Empiree: 9:36pm On Dec 12, 2018

2 Likes

Re: ...... by LadunaI(m): 11:57am On Dec 13, 2018
^^^
Wow I love that last paragraph, its epitomized the entire mission of Islamic mysticism. It's like isra wa miraj for the first stage of 'passing away' in God, where nasful Amarah(ego) is effaced totally and bring under control of loving and worshiping Allah alone, where soul is deriving pleasure he can't get anywhere. This is FANAUU!.

The second segment of coming back with renewed vigour, where he sees DIVINE imprint on all the creation, and he now carry within the reflection of holy names of ALLAH where he become servitude to such name(s). Displaying (doing ) that divine attributes to the world to see, this is refer to BAQAUU. May ALLAH give us taste of such spiritual theophanies, which make every other things(mundane) insignificant in our eyes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ...... by Empiree: 3:39pm On Dec 13, 2018
^^^

Amin.

You just sounded like ikupakuti cheesy
Re: ...... by Nobody: 9:12am On Dec 14, 2018
Laughing. .

When will you teach unaself jalabi on NL

Perhaps tarbiya
Re: ...... by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 14, 2018
Nobody can see angels.
Nobody

Except awon sufi... Esu ni e n ri.. Alijanu le n ri
Re: ...... by LadunaI(m): 10:15am On Dec 14, 2018
Empiree:
^^^

Amin.

You just sounded like ikupakuti cheesy
Really? Lol grin Perhaps, this is part of the gem I gave gleaned from his posts lol, we've really missed him here.

I requested from a brother to help me investigate about him but yet to give me feedback. I tried using Facebook, since he is very close to khalifah lukman, I think I c an perhaps get him from sheikh's friends list but the number is enormous, I think close to 4k! I did search a bit taking closer look at people staying in Kano, but so far I haven't get anything tangible. May Allah protect him wherever he is (amin)

1 Like

Re: ...... by Empiree: 11:52pm On Dec 16, 2018
LadunaI:

Really? ....
you may listen to this when you have time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0ssejp0aJc
Re: ...... by LadunaI(m): 10:28am On Dec 18, 2018
Empiree:
you may listen to this when you have time

Interesting but I have reservations on some of what that sheikh was saying. There are so many thing being confidently mentioned in that clip as if is ultimate truth, but will mislead many murid listen to such discuss. It will breed more harm than benefit. I tried looking for its part 2 but couldn't get it. Do you have link to it?I would like to have the concluding part.

I'm particularly curious about the Sheikh Jamiu(rm) part, but he couldn't focus enough on that to give detail. You see I find it somehow if people mention that sheikh doesn't observe salah, May be perhaps they don't normally see him when is praying. Because, I can't imagine somebody that came to wake me up for salat, even after his demise would himself abandon it during his lifetime??

There is this anecdote I would like to share. My dad make his hajj pilgrimage in 1975. During Zuhr or Asr time.can remember vividly, he was having his nap when suddenly he saw Sheikh Jamiu(rm) hitting him with his staff, that he should wake up for sa lat. He immediately stood up and observed the Salah. This happened in Mecca and sheikh was still in Nigeria, Offa then. Upon returning, as he told us, he met sheikh and told him what he saw, he said sheikh just replied him by saying "haqiqa". To add to this, our house in Offa is directly opposite where sheikh spent is bachelorhood years, so they have rapport with my Dad then, though not as sheikh-murid stuff.

I stumbled on another clip of this sheikh Olodo titled lisan faydah. As much I derive one or two things there many of what they say there ought not be mentioned in public space.

I can understand why the "Puritas" raised objections many times upon hearing anything regarding Sufism, and in their delusion think everything about Sufi or ihzan is limited to that while generalizing it. May Allah GUIDE us (Amin).

1 Like

Re: ...... by Empiree: 12:49pm On Dec 18, 2018
LadunaI:

Interesting but I have reservations on some of what that sheikh was saying. There are so many thing being confidently mentioned in that clip as if is ultimate truth, but will mislead many murid listen to such discuss. It will breed more harm than benefit. I tried looking for its part 2 but couldn't get it. Do you have link to it?I would like to have the concluding part.

I'm particularly curious about the Sheikh Jamiu(rm) part, but he couldn't focus enough on that to give detail. You see I find it somehow if people mention that sheikh doesn't observe salah, May be perhaps they don't normally see him when is praying. Because, I can't imagine somebody that came to wake me up for salat, even after his demise would himself abandon it during his lifetime??

There is this anecdote I would like to share. My dad make his hajj pilgrimage in 1975. During Zuhr or Asr time.can remember vividly, he was having his nap when suddenly he saw Sheikh Jamiu(rm) hitting him with his staff, that he should wake up for sa lat. He immediately stood up and observed the Salah. This happened in Mecca and sheikh was still in Nigeria, Offa then. Upon returning, as he told us, he met sheikh and told him what he saw, he said sheikh just replied him by saying "haqiqa". To add to this, our house in Offa is directly opposite where sheikh spent is bachelorhood years, so they have rapport with my Dad then, though not as sheikh-murid stuff.

I stumbled on another clip of this sheikh Olodo titled lisan faydah. As much I derive one or two things there many of what they say there ought not be mentioned in public space.

I can understand why the "Puritas" raised objections many times upon hearing anything regarding Sufism, and in their delusion think everything about Sufi or ihzan is limited to that while generalizing it. May Allah GUIDE us (Amin).
this is part 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR3Pk2Q_yH8&t=7s

I'm only interested in Sheikh Bulala's part in his story. You seem to be narrating something interesting up there would love to hear more.

As for what he shouldn't be saying in public , that's very true. I have said this many times that personal experiences are kept in private because it doesn't go down with some people out there. That's how it used to be and that's part of tassaawuf. But people brag publicly these days.
Re: ...... by LadunaI(m): 1:47pm On Dec 18, 2018
Empiree:

I'm only interested in Sheikh Bulala's part in his story. You seem to be narrating something interesting up there would love to hear more.
Lol...actually this was related to me when I confided in my Dad about my encounters with Sheikh Bulala. Though not too met him physically. He is the type that disguised a lot, but inwardly he's something else, which he loved to conceal. This people have "died" already many times before their really death, slaughtering their nafs in the part of Allah, and my so doing they acquire a "new life" even before their death.

That sheikh Olodo mentioned something of Al hayyu-Qayuum being what sheikh Bulala claimed for jazzbati. I don't know if you listen to it and interpret that Arabic stuff he mentioned there.
I remembered my Dad told me that either sheikh was very accustomed to that divine attributes Hayyu Qayim, or he advised him doing it for remembrance, can't recall. But you can see what such name would metamorphosis somebody into if you're very conversant with it. That's is why Ikupakuti made mentioned of it That sheikh Bulala is like khidr smh.

Like experience I narrated before, these people are really living even after their death, is only that we perceived it not as Quran stated. These people continue to guide people on the path of Allah. One time like Sheikh Bulala was telling me to always clipped my hair(armpit, pp. and.moustache) reminding of fitra as stated in one hadith, and mentioned that I use certain kola for my oft repeated malaria then. It's funny when I later read an article, medically proving effectiveness of that Lola for malaria, long after sheikh's told me. These are only something one can share in public to some extent. And there are some I would never talk about except to like minds or in private.

I believe strongly that lots of these AWLIYAHs do guides people with permission of Allah even after they have gone.

1 Like

Re: ...... by Empiree: 4:18pm On Dec 18, 2018
LadunaI:

Lol...actually this was related to me when I confided in my Dad about my encounters with Sheikh Bulala. Though not too met him physically. He is the type that disguised a lot, but inwardly he's something else, which he loved to conceal. This people have "died" already many times before their really death, slaughtering their nafs in the part of Allah, and my so doing they acquire a "new life" even before their death.
this is woow. It reaffirms that ayah in sura al-imran.

That sheikh Olodo mentioned something of Al hayyu-Qayuum being what sheikh Bulala claimed for jazzbati. I don't know if you listen to it and interpret that Arabic stuff he mentioned there.
I remembered my Dad told me that either sheikh was very accustomed to that divine attributes Hayyu Qayim, or he advised him doing it for remembrance, can't recall. But you can see what such name would metamorphosis somebody into if you're very conversant with it. That's is why Ikupakuti made mentioned of it That sheikh Bulala is like khidr smh
subhanallah. That sheikh is something else. I know definitely he disguised. Our shuyukh don't wanna say much about him in public. Take for instance sheikh Aminu Abata Oniwasagbaye (ra), he would only speak briefly about him. People don't have details about him except little known to them that they don't even understand, they are confused and concluded that he must be mubtadi. They should have rather obey the messanger (saw) when he said to keep quiet if you don't know.

Like experience I narrated before, these people are really living even after their death, is only that we perceived it not as Quran stated. These people continue to guide people on the path of Allah. One time like Sheikh Bulala was telling me to always clipped my hair(armpit, pp. and.moustache) reminding of fitra as stated in one hadith, and mentioned that I use certain kola for my oft repeated malaria then. It's funny when I later read an article, medically proving effectiveness of that Lola for malaria, long after sheikh's told me. These are only something one can share in public to some extent. And there are some I would never talk about except to like minds or in private.

I believe strongly that lots of these AWLIYAHs do guides people with permission of Allah even after they have gone.
So this is true. His son was right then when he said "my father is living and he's around us". This statement is very heavy to some people. So it is true that these Awliya could teach in their realm. Sheikh Ahmed Alaye (ra) reported to have said that sheikh Tajudin al-Adhabi to used to teach him in his sleep.

So you dey pretend all this while like you know little but you are actually close to sheikh Bulala cheesy

These young muslims today think that those shuyukh were misguided. You see them on FB condemned them. I asked one of them that, but those baba gave us Islam otherwise we would have been kufar today. He replied that they gave us fake Islam and now we are following true Islam. Honestly it is difficult talking to those people.
Re: ...... by LadunaI(m): 7:31pm On Dec 18, 2018
Empiree:
this is woow. It reaffirms that ayah in sura al-imran.

subhanallah. That sheikh is something else. I know definitely he disguised. Our shuyukh don't wanna say much about him in public.Take for instance sheikh Aminu Abata Oniwasagbaye (ra), he would only speak briefly about him. People don't have details about him except little known to them that they don't even understand, they are confused and concluded that he must be mubtadi. They should have rather obey the messanger (saw) when he said to keep quiet if you don't know.

So this is true. His son was right then when he said "my father is living and he's around us". This statement is very heavy to some people. So it is true that these Awliya could teach in their realm. Sheikh Ahmed Alaye (ra) reported to have said that sheikh Tajudin al-Adhabi to used to teach him in his sleep.

So you dey pretend all this while like you know little but you are actually close to sheikh Bulala cheesy

These young muslims today think that those shuyukh were misguided. You see them on FB condemned them. I asked one of them that, but those baba gave us Islam otherwise we would have been kufar today. He replied that they gave us fake Islam and now we are following true Islam. Honestly it is difficult talking to those people.

#YES! but extremely concealed sheikh. Though people often regard them but their appearance make lots not taking him serious.

#Of course they are. since the day I saw him coming out of his grave in a dream, I believe there are SOULs after their demise that can be favoured to roam about in bazakh, an hadith testified to that. While some are forever tied into their grave till yaoma kiyamoh especially the kufar, showing them their abode morning end evening as Allah says in Quran regarding firaun.

#Perhaps, may be not in formal way, that's why I think I wasn't close to them. I was still very young well sheikh passed away, so I deemed it so. But of course spiritually, we were much closer, accidentally I would say. Because I was never a tijaniyah, nor into any tariqah then.

#Honestly, the reverse is the case NOW!. We're practising adulterated Islam and as well Tassawuf. That sheikh Olodo made mentioned of that in that part 2 clip. There are so many knowledge now with little iman, and will power to engage more in doing. The sahaba then would not learn more Qur'an simply that the one they've already learnt as not been put into practise. But now, you see people quoting endless Quranic verses and ahadith they NEVER put to use or benefit from. A single verse or hadith well understood and put into use sincerely can have unimaginable spiritual development on us.
Re: ...... by Empiree: 7:56pm On Dec 18, 2018
LadunaI:
Of course they are. since the day I saw him coming out of his grave in a dream, I believe there are SOULs after their demise that can be favoured to roam about in bazakh, an hadith testified to that. While some are forever tied into their grave till yaoma kiyamoh especially the kufar, showing them their abode morning end evening as Allah says in Quran regarding firaun.
You see, this appears to be what many of us believe growing that or that we heard or learned that muslim soul come home thursdays or simply come around. Probably this is what they referred to. Awon alfa sunnah ti sin yi need to calm down. There are knowledge beyond material or external knowledge. Sheikh Oniwasiagbaye affirmed what you said. My sheikh said the same thing back then. Recently one of these alhsunnah alfa said "a person died and Allah took his soul and keeps it to Himself. But someone is telling you he comes back to the world on thursdays is rubbish".

Perhaps, may be not in formal way, that's why I think I wasn't close to them. I was still very young well sheikh passed away, so I deemed it so. But of course spiritually, we were much closer, accidentally I would say. Because I was never a tijaniyah, nor into any tariqah then.
Ooh i see. I used to think he passed in 1992 with Sheikh Adam(ra). So now you are in a tariqa?

The reverse is the case NOW!. We're practising adulterated Islam and as well Tassawuf. That sheikh Olodo made mentioned of that in that art 2 clip. There are so many knowledge now with little iman, and will power to engage more in doing. The sahaba then would not learn more Qur'an simply that the one they've already learnt as not been put into practise. But now, you see people quoting endless Quranic verses and ahadith they NEVER put to use or benefit from. A single verse or hadith well understood and put into use sincerely can have unimaginable spiritual development on us.
This is the point. This is where we are now. Quran is correct. "And they did not become divided until after knowledge had come to them - out of jealous animosity between themselves". Q42:14

This ayah is currently active. And the bottomline is, no one wants to be called ignorant. So they always have to come up with something to criticize as a salafi mufti said last night at the masjid, rebuking extreme ppl. He himself criticizes what he doesn't know but he is moderate salafi brother. I am getting to know you more now. You can not hide it. grin That ilorin is something else. I knew since you said you base in ilorin, you must have some sort of "ruhya energy". Just learned about Sheikh Olodo after his death. Never heard of him before until someone uploaded his RIP pic on fb days after he died. Sounds like you got hidden shuyukh in nija. Same with another sheikh that died recently in ilorin wearing white gown short white beard. I think Sheikh Oloko is his name. You got ulama in nija faa. Ppl dont take advantage. These men are exiting earth at 70MPH

1 Like

Re: ...... by LadunaI(m): 10:26am On Dec 19, 2018
Empiree:

Ooh i see I used to think he passed in 1992 with Sheikh Adam(ra). So now you are in a tariqa?

This is the point. This is where we are now. Quran is correct. "And they did not become divided until after knowledge had come to them - out of jealous animosity between themselves". Q42:14

This ayah is currently active. And the bottomline is, no one wants to be called ignorant. So they always have to come up with something to criticize as a salafi mufti said last night at the masjid rebuking extreme ppl. He himself criticizes what he doesn't know but he is moderate salafi brother. I am getting to know you more now. You can hide it. grin That ilorin is somethign else. I knew since you said you base in ilorin, you must have some sort of "ruhya energy". Just learned about Sheikh Olodo after his death. Never heard of him before until someone uploaded his RIP pic on fb days after he died. Sounds like you got hidden shuyukh in nija. Same with another sheikh that died recently in ilorin wearing white gown short white beard. I think Sheikh Oloko is his name. You got ulama in nija faa. Ppl dont take advantage. These men are exiting earth at 70MPH
#Yes around that time he died, I was in secondary school then. Lol... no am not yet into tariqah. I have not for once sit with any group to do zikr, but of course I do more on my own as much Allah give me strength. The only thing is that I received more instructions from tijaniya sheikhs off physical that I might be tempted to say I be one of them lol. Though sheikh Bulala was more often than the others.

#What a beautiful verse there. That is what is happening majorly in Islam. May Allah keep us on the right guidance. Amin

# Which one be ruhya energy again Lol. And if there is any does that been limited to ilorin?? My first impactful spiritual experience happened on your soil in abk during my nysc during itikaf. So is everywhere.

# Yes I concour. That's is exact what is happening. Mostly hidden.

May Allah have mercy on his soul and others Muslims. Amin. So he is late now? I love that second video, infact I just downloaded it.
Re: ...... by Empiree: 12:45pm On Dec 19, 2018
LadunaI:
# Which one be ruhya energy again Lol. And if there is any does that been limited to ilorin?? My first impactful spiritual experience happened on your soil in abk during my nysc during itikaf. So is everywhere.
not at all limited to ilorin.

May Allah have mercy on his soul and others Muslims. Amin. So he is late now? I love that second video, infact I just downloaded it.
sheikh olodo?. Yes, he is now. Probably over a month now. Amin to your dua

1 Like

Re: ...... by Empiree: 5:34am On Dec 20, 2018
"It's a book every Sufi (be he Sunni or Shia or whatever) needs to read"

2 Likes

Re: ...... by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 20, 2018
Laughing.. Sufi seeing jinn and shayatyn . And they claim they see angel
Re: ...... by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 20, 2018
Empiree:
Shia = father
Sufi = son
Re: ...... by LadunaI(m): 1:44pm On Dec 20, 2018
Empiree:
Interesting, pls do you have pdf format of it? Kindly upload it or send the link for its download.

I have one before titled " The Journey of Soul" its very concise and interesting book. I lost it and haven't be able to get it another one.
Re: ...... by Empiree: 5:41pm On Dec 20, 2018
LadunaI:

Interesting, pls do you have pdf format of it? Kindly upload it or send the link for its download.

I have one before titled " The Journey of Soul" its very concise and interesting book. I lost it and haven't be able to get it another one.
albaqir sent it me on Whatsapp platform. I believe he should be here. But he said that he forgot to scan the back of it.
Re: ...... by LadunaI(m): 3:37am On Dec 22, 2018
Empiree:
albaqir sent it me on Whatsapp platform. I believe he should be here. But he said that he forgot to scan the back of it.
I can't find it. Can you pls upload it here if the size isn't an issue. Thanks
Re: ...... by Empiree: 5:20am On Dec 22, 2018
LadunaI:

I can't find it. Can you pls upload it here if the size isn't an issue. Thanks
albaqir, your attention is needed
Re: ...... by AlBaqir(m): 10:30am On Dec 23, 2018

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (164) (Reply)

Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station / Cute and Romantic Photos Of Muslim Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.