Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,870 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Religion - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Religion (770 Views)

My Wife To Be Is Trying To Make Religion Put Us Apart. / Should Religion Matter Above Love In Choosing A Life Partner?. / Help! I Can't Marry Her Because Of Our Religion! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion by doyinbaby(f): 11:24pm On Feb 16, 2017
If you l
Re: Religion by Nobody: 11:36pm On Feb 16, 2017
doyinbaby:
Should a Christian marry a catholic,

Or you mean should a XYZ Denomination Christian marry a Christian Catholic , well if you guys are not that religious sure but if you are i won't advise it, you see Religion has a special way of tearing people up. There might be some things you might in the Catholicism that conflicts with yours, and Religion thrives on trying to convert the other.

1 Like

Re: Religion by KanwuliaExtra: 6:11am On Feb 17, 2017
Any difference between them? undecided
Re: Religion by Dyt(f): 7:12am On Feb 17, 2017
Christians even discriminating amongst themselves

Nods head

2 Likes

Re: Religion by Funjosh(m): 8:03am On Feb 17, 2017
Na today undecided

Dyt:
Christians even discriminating amongst themselves

Nods head
Re: Religion by Raphael81(m): 9:17pm On Apr 18, 2017
doyinbaby:

Who Is a christian and who Is a catholic
Re: Religion by doyinbaby(f): 5:00am On Apr 19, 2017
[quote author=Raphael81 it
Re: Religion by sisisioge: 5:12am On Apr 19, 2017
grin grin grin

Your question is considered really serious amongst Catholics. We are all Christians as far as I'm concerned but because the Catholic doctrine is especially different from the regular Redeemer, Anglican, Jehovah witness, etc, they (the Catholics) find it difficult marrying outside their church. If you are the other Christian here and the woman, you should ask yourself if you are willing to become a catholic. If yes, then welcome to a beautiful world with very primitive doctrines one of which regards family planning... you and rats go begin compete on who can born more grin grin
Re: Religion by Raphael81(m): 8:10am On Apr 19, 2017
doyinbaby:
the main issues I have with catholic is this their praying to Mary/pray through Mary .....Ist timothy 2 vs 5 says there is one mediator between God and men
,the man Jesus Christ ......another scripture I am the way the truth and the life no one comes to the father except through me.....

Do you think that catholic came before your Church? Have you read widely? Why did Moses put a brazen serpent for the Israelites to look unto, is that not idolatory?
Re: Religion by doyinbaby(f): 8:49am On Apr 19, 2017
Raphael81:

Do you think that catholic came before your Church? Have you read widely? Why did Moses put a brazen serpent for the Israelites to look unto, is that not idolatory?
my dear God knows best.....just that I can't find any biblical backing for some of their practices.....I decided to let my catholic friends be.....rather than arguing with them
Re: Religion by Raphael81(m): 9:49am On Apr 19, 2017
doyinbaby:
my dear God knows best.....just that I can't find any biblical backing for some of their practices.....I decided to let my catholic friends be.....rather than arguing with them

Do you think your denomination will take you to heaven? If at the end of the day God judges according to denomination then you should know the implication...
Re: Religion by Raphael81(m): 9:52am On Apr 19, 2017
doyinbaby:

Which of their practices can you not find biblical backing to? Go carefully through the Gospel of Luke, after the Angel visited Mary, read what she said then have a rethink
Re: Religion by Ubenedictus(m): 4:35pm On Apr 19, 2017
sisisioge:
grin grin grin

Your question is considered really serious amongst Catholics. We are all Christians as far as I'm concerned but because the Catholic doctrine is especially different from the regular Redeemer, Anglican, Jehovah witness, etc, they (the Catholics) find it difficult marrying outside their church. If you are the other Christian here and the woman, you should ask yourself if you are willing to become a catholic. If yes, then welcome to a beautiful world with very primitive doctrines one of which regards family planning... you and rats go begin compete on who can born more grin grin
my dear, please investigate before making ignorant comments, there is something called "responsible parenthood" in catholic teaching which means you can't give birth indiscriminately, u should give birth only to as much as u can take care of. Catholic do family planing, it is part of marriage course, what they reject is artificial contraception as against God's plan 4 marriage.
Re: Religion by Ubenedictus(m): 4:49pm On Apr 19, 2017
doyinbaby:
A catholic is a christian though not all christians are catholics. I think you mean to ask 'should a protestant/pentecostal marry a catholic?' the answer is yes! If the love each other then they may be married...but they should be ready to work out the differences and sometimes agree to disagree.
Re: Religion by sisisioge: 4:53pm On Apr 19, 2017
Ubenedictus:
my dear, please investigate before making ignorant comments, there is something called "responsible parenthood" in catholic teaching which means you can't give birth indiscriminately, u should give birth only to as much as u can take care of. Catholic do family planing, it is part of marriage course, what they reject is artificial contraception as against God's plan 4 marriage.

Dear Benedict, I hear you. The billing system and all...so unreliable and primitive. Anyways, no be me dey wonder...direct your informed info to the OP. It is well.
Re: Religion by Ubenedictus(m): 5:00pm On Apr 19, 2017
doyinbaby:
Have you made research about these topics you seem to have issues with? if i wanted to know about a honda car i'll go to a honda company or dealer and get a manual, if i want to know about protestanism i'll read up luther, calvin, knox, wesley etc, if i want to know abt philosophy, i'll read socrates, plato, aristotle etc. if you want to know abt catholicism ask a knowledgeable catholic, meet a priest, read catholic books, there is a catholic catechism online....
If u are reading abt philosophy frm a scientist, or protestanism from pope leo or catholicism from ur pastor or anticatholic website...then u are not trying to learn, u just want to condemn.
Thank u.

2 Likes

Re: Religion by Ubenedictus(m): 5:17pm On Apr 19, 2017
sisisioge:

Dear Benedict, I hear you. The billing system and all...so unreliable and primitive. Anyways, no be me dey wonder...direct your informed info to the OP. It is well.

Oh, so you are aware that catholics do plan their families but you decided it was better to make a carricatur of it and create a strawman while uncharitably comparing a catholic to a rat. That my dear is unfair.

No be you dey wonder but u no get problem to tell d op say catholics dey born like rat abi?

1 Like

Re: Religion by sisisioge: 5:23pm On Apr 19, 2017
Ubenedictus:

Oh, so you are aware that catholics do plan their families but you decided it was better to make a carricatur of it and create a strawman while uncharitably comparing a catholic to a rat. That my dear is unfair.

No be you dey wonder but u no get problem to tell d op say catholics dey born like rat abi?

Father priest, you obviously didn't quite comprehend my two posts. I referenced your primitive family planning method on both which most often than none see your folks competing with rats in the family planning department. My bestie and her husband are both Catholics and I remember quite alright when both agreed to "accept all children God gives them with open hands" amen. It was like the priest was reading them Catholics code of ethics/riot act grin grin
Re: Religion by Ubenedictus(m): 6:05pm On Apr 19, 2017
sisisioge:

Father priest, you obviously didn't quite comprehend my two posts. I referenced your primitive family planning method on both which most often than none see your folks competing with rats in the family planning department. My bestie and her husband are both Catholics and I remember quite alright when both agreed to "accept all children God gives them with open hands" amen. It was like the priest was reading them Catholics code of ethics/riot act grin grin
i guess everybody that disagrees with u on catholic issues you tag with names abi?

Is your bestie now like d rats? Catholic family planing work like a charm if d lady has a regular or fairly regular cycle, irregular cycle can cause trouble. And yes, why won't the priest inform d couples about the morals they are expected to uphold?

My family both extended and nuclear have 3-4 kids all through which is d number agreed on from d get go with a 3, 4 yrs spacing in between. It works if d couple want it to.
Re: Religion by doyinbaby(f): 7:46pm On Apr 19, 2017
Raphael81:

Do you think your denomination will take you to heaven? If at the end of the day God judges according to denomination then you should know the implication...
alright God knows best
Re: Religion by doyinbaby(f): 7:47pm On Apr 19, 2017
Ubenedictus:
Have you made research about these topics you seem to have issues with? if i wanted to know about a honda car i'll go to a honda company or dealer and get a manual, if i want to know about protestanism i'll read up luther, calvin, knox, wesley etc, if i want to know abt philosophy, i'll read socrate, plato, aristotle etc. if you want to know abt catholicism as a knowledgeable catholic, meet a priest, read catholic books, the is a catholic catechism online....
If u are reading abt philosophy frm a scientist, or protestanism from pope leo or catholicism from ur pastor or anticatholic website...then u are not trying to learn, u just want to condemn.
Thank u.
God knows best o

(1) (Reply)

The Only Sex Education Nigerian Mothers Knows How To Teach / Married Couple Discover They Are Biological Twins After DNA Test / Mernaid Baby - A Mum Gaves Birth To A "Mernaid Baby" (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.