Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,687 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

Is Oba Of Benin The Paramount Traditional Ruler Of Niger Delta and Igbos? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is Oba Of Benin The Paramount Traditional Ruler Of Niger Delta and Igbos? (12232 Views)

Delta (and Rivers) Igbos / Is The Oba Of Benin The Greatest Monarch In Africa / 39th Oba Of Benin: The Man Eheneden Erediauwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Oba Of Benin The Paramount Traditional Ruler Of Niger Delta and Igbos? by Oduduwaa: 6:24pm On Feb 18, 2017
Are Urhobos And Isoko And Ika Also Edo?

The Language, Culture and Traditions Are so similar to Edo infact Urhobos and isoko see themselves as one with Edo and Acknoledge Benin as thier source.... Just like all yorubas pay homage to my hometown ile ife cool.

And Another thing that baffles me is the Nnamdi Azikiwe in 1963 said Igbos are from Edo and i have noticed Edo Culture on my numerous trips to Onitsha back in the days!!

As far as we know igbos have no history of Kingdoms or Kingship

1 Like

Re: Is Oba Of Benin The Paramount Traditional Ruler Of Niger Delta and Igbos? by Oduduwaa: 6:25pm On Feb 18, 2017
Oba Of Benin

Re: Is Oba Of Benin The Paramount Traditional Ruler Of Niger Delta and Igbos? by Oduduwaa: 6:25pm On Feb 18, 2017
Ovie of Urhobo

Ovie Of Isoko

Re: Is Oba Of Benin The Paramount Traditional Ruler Of Niger Delta and Igbos? by Oduduwaa: 6:26pm On Feb 18, 2017
Obi in Anoioma

Re: Is Oba Of Benin The Paramount Traditional Ruler Of Niger Delta and Igbos? by Oduduwaa: 6:27pm On Feb 18, 2017
Obi of Igbo

With the Benin Abe Sword of Office and beads.

Re: Is Oba Of Benin The Paramount Traditional Ruler Of Niger Delta and Igbos? by mercenary: 6:41pm On Feb 18, 2017
Who know Oba of Benin?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Oba Of Benin The Paramount Traditional Ruler Of Niger Delta and Igbos? by RedboneSmith(m): 6:46pm On Feb 18, 2017
Please, there is nothing like Obi of Anioma. That young man there is the Obi of Issele-Uku.

There is nothing like Obi of Igbo. That gentleman there is the Obi of Onitsha.

Nnamdi Azikiwe did not ever say Igbo people came from Edo. He was writing specifically about his hometown Onitsha, not about all Igbos.

8 Likes

Re: Is Oba Of Benin The Paramount Traditional Ruler Of Niger Delta and Igbos? by Oduduwaa: 6:46pm On Feb 18, 2017
mercenary:
Who know Oba of Benin?

And where are you from and who is your king or Oba..... Bcus i know igbos dont av so all u do is trow insults out of jealousy

2 Likes

Re: Is Oba Of Benin The Paramount Traditional Ruler Of Niger Delta and Igbos? by Oduduwaa: 6:48pm On Feb 18, 2017
RedboneSmith:
Please, there is nothing like Obi of Anioma. That young man there is the Obi of Issele-Uku.

There is nothing like Obi of Igbo. That gentleman there is the Obi of Onitsha.

Nnamdi Azikiwe did not ever say Igbo people came from Edo. He was writing specifically about his hometown Onitsha, not about all Igbos.

So Onitsha Igbos are from Benin?
Re: Is Oba Of Benin The Paramount Traditional Ruler Of Niger Delta and Igbos? by uckennety(m): 7:00pm On Feb 18, 2017
Wt rubbisH!!!
Re: Is Oba Of Benin The Paramount Traditional Ruler Of Niger Delta and Igbos? by AshiwajuFoward: 7:02pm On Feb 18, 2017
Smh. Delusion of grandeur. These Bini people and their over-bloated estimation of themselves and penchant to masturbate over irrelevant stuff sef. Up till today, their only 'achievement', contribution, and bragging right in life is in an overrated and useless monarchy. While other ethnicities are making a name for themselves in different spheres of endeavors, na their useless Oba dem dey carry for head. Oba wey in the real sense be ordinary figurehead without any real powers. Mschew!

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Oba Of Benin The Paramount Traditional Ruler Of Niger Delta and Igbos? by Oduduwaa: 7:03pm On Feb 18, 2017
uckennety:
Wt rubbisH!!!

Lol tell us your Oba abeg igbo boy
Re: Is Oba Of Benin The Paramount Traditional Ruler Of Niger Delta and Igbos? by Oduduwaa: 7:05pm On Feb 18, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:
Smh. Delusion of grandeur. These Bini people and their over-bloated estimation of themselves and penchant to masturbate over irrelevant stuff sef. Up till today, their only 'achievement', contribution, and bragging right in life is in an overrated and useless monarchy. While other ethnicities are making a name for themselves in different spheres of endeavors, na their useless Oba dey carry for head. Oba wey no im be ordinary figurehead without any real powers. Mschew!laudate DONSMITH123(m), ENDTIMEgist(m), AreaFada2, opal4real(m), sooperrescue(m), Kundagarten, back2sender, EdegbeLine, rhames, gregyboy(m), valirex, kingreign, expee06(m), playerinc(m), Eseose9(f), ebosie11(f), martha89, Enahi(f), EROMS38(m), martineverest(m), BornStunner1

You just rushed into the thread like a toxic mosquito...... I am Yoruba from Ile ife ... I am not even Edo.... I just stated the Obvoius without bais...

Even if we are from a different ethnic group does not mean we shud be baised to others!!

Yoruba nation does not need ppl like you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Oba Of Benin The Paramount Traditional Ruler Of Niger Delta and Igbos? by AshiwajuFoward: 7:08pm On Feb 18, 2017
Oduduwaa:

You just rushed into the thread like a toxic mosquito...... I am Yoruba from Ile ife ... I am not even Edo.... I just started the Obvoius without bais...

Even if we are from a different ethnic group does not mean we shud be baised to others!!

Yinmu. You can only fooll your fellow Bini e-rats, not Yorubas. Real Yorubas don't form attache or carry Oba of Benin matter on their heads. Wetin consign Yoruba with Bini? You should be proud of your Bini roots and quit acting a fooll boy, coz you sure ain't fooling no one but yourself. Be proud of your Bini roots.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Oba Of Benin The Paramount Traditional Ruler Of Niger Delta and Igbos? by uckennety(m): 7:08pm On Feb 18, 2017
Oduduwaa:

Lol tell us your Oba abeg igbo boy

We v no king n u know it
Re: Is Oba Of Benin The Paramount Traditional Ruler Of Niger Delta and Igbos? by Oduduwaa: 7:11pm On Feb 18, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Yinmu. You can only fooll your fellow Bini e-rats, not Yorubas. Real Yorubas don't form attache or carry Oba of Benin matter on their heads. Wetin consign Yoruba with Bini? You should be proud of your Bini roots and quit acting a fooll boy, coz you sure ain't fooling no one but yourself. Be proud of your Bini roots.

You are really confused... Lol dindinrin

You better get a life

Like i said Yoruba nation does not need tribalists like you... Join ipob or massob they deserve to have you... Ori pelebe grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Oba Of Benin The Paramount Traditional Ruler Of Niger Delta and Igbos? by Oduduwaa: 7:13pm On Feb 18, 2017
uckennety:

We v no king n u know it

What about the one in Onitsha?
Re: Is Oba Of Benin The Paramount Traditional Ruler Of Niger Delta and Igbos? by AshiwajuFoward: 7:14pm On Feb 18, 2017
Oduduwaa:

You are really confused... Lol dindinrin

You better get a life

Like i said Yoruba nation does not need tribalists like you... Join ipob or massob they deserve to have you... Ori pelebe grin

Ode Oshi. Look here Bini boy, I have no problem with you worshipping your useless oba of bini or whatever, but you DON'T have to PRETEND to be Yoruba to do that. There are enough of your fellows on here already doing same so you don't need a misleading moniker to get attention. REAL Yorubas are too proud to be promoting foreign kings like that useless oba of bini. The Ooni, Alaafin, Awujale, Owa Obokun, e.t.c are far greater than that useless bini king. Don't be ashamed to use an edo or bini moniker to promote your king. It's o.k, really. undecided

9 Likes

Re: Is Oba Of Benin The Paramount Traditional Ruler Of Niger Delta and Igbos? by Oduduwaa: 7:19pm On Feb 18, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Dont let tribalism kill you oo!
grin Ori Pelebe

Ninu odo adagun ni alakan ti le fo epo, t'odo ba di agadangba, a gbe alakan lo

1 Like

Re: Is Oba Of Benin The Paramount Traditional Ruler Of Niger Delta and Igbos? by uckennety(m): 7:21pm On Feb 18, 2017
Oduduwaa:

What about the one in Onitsha?

Dts 4 d onitsha pple! His authority no reach my side in abia! His authority no pass his palace ask any onitsha guy

1 Like

Re: Is Oba Of Benin The Paramount Traditional Ruler Of Niger Delta and Igbos? by Oduduwaa: 7:23pm On Feb 18, 2017
uckennety:

Dts 4 d onitsha pple! His authority no reach my side in abia! His authority no pass his palace ask any onitsha guy

Okay bro i understand.

So you have no king at all in Abia state?
Re: Is Oba Of Benin The Paramount Traditional Ruler Of Niger Delta and Igbos? by AshiwajuFoward: 7:25pm On Feb 18, 2017
Oduduwaa:

Dont let tribalism kill you oo!
grin Ori Pelebe

Ninu odo adagun ni alakan ti le fo epo, t'odo ba di agadangba, a gbe alakan lo

Da pada. Back to sender! You've given yourself away with your 'Ori pelebe' (you made that blunder twice). A true Yoruba son wouldn't express 'flat head' in that manner. Look, quit this your foolishness coz you don't need it. I know your plan is to actually use your moniker to stir controversy by making stvpid statements that would make non-Yorubas think you're Yoruba and start taking shots at us, but your kind plenty on this board and your antics aren't new. Like I already advised, be proud of your edo/bini roots, you don't need this at all.

7 Likes

Re: Is Oba Of Benin The Paramount Traditional Ruler Of Niger Delta and Igbos? by Oduduwaa: 7:28pm On Feb 18, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

[s]See? You've given yourself away with your 'Ori pelebe' (you made that blunder twice). A true Yoruba son wouldn't express 'flat head' in that manner. Look, quit this your foolishness coz you don't need it. I know your plan is to actually use your moniker to stir controversy by making stvpid statements that would make non-Yorubas think you're Yoruba and start taking shots at us, but your kind plenty on this board and your antics aren't new. Like I already advised, be proud of your edo/bini roots, you don't need this at all.
[/s]

Aseju ni irun aya, irun abe tito
Re: Is Oba Of Benin The Paramount Traditional Ruler Of Niger Delta and Igbos? by uckennety(m): 7:29pm On Feb 18, 2017
Oduduwaa:

Okay bro i understand.

So you have no king at all in Abia state?

Exactly! D were created by D british colonist as warrant chiefs wch we fought against! Read history too!

As independence came!

D turned to community kings still not respected! As the are not royal blood

D only tribe in igbo land dt v kings are obi of agbor and onitsha apart from them

Others are political appointments/favours

Have you asked by an average igbo man hates dt rubbish called ohanaeze ndi igbo

Cuz d don't reflect d wills of d people!

All are political

1 Like

Re: Is Oba Of Benin The Paramount Traditional Ruler Of Niger Delta and Igbos? by mercenary: 7:31pm On Feb 18, 2017
Oduduwaa:

And where are you from and who is your king or Oba..... Bcus i know igbos dont av so all u do is trow insults out of jealousy
You can play servant for the rest of ur life, dats ur business... Am not Igbo, but d truth is immediately u cross Sapele nobody know d Oba of Benin. If u doubt me just ask around nearby Delta state
Re: Is Oba Of Benin The Paramount Traditional Ruler Of Niger Delta and Igbos? by Oduduwaa: 7:32pm On Feb 18, 2017
uckennety:

Exactly! D were created by D british colonist as warrant chiefs wch we fought against! Read history too!

As independence came!

D only tribe in igbo land dt v kings are obi of agbor and onitsha apart from them

Have you asked by an average igbo man hates dt rubbish called ohanaeze ndi igbo

Cuz d don't reflect d wills of d people!

All are political

The british should av just left us the way we were then.... Na dem mess up dis country

I thought ohaneze ndi igbo was an umbrella organisation for all igbos?

I also dont like the way igbos give eze ndi igbo in other states like in Ondo state
Re: Is Oba Of Benin The Paramount Traditional Ruler Of Niger Delta and Igbos? by AshiwajuFoward: 7:34pm On Feb 18, 2017
Oduduwaa:
[/s]

Aseju ni irun aya, irun abe tito

Get thee behind me you fake a$$ punk!!! Even your WACK attempt to use Google translate to string together incoherent Yoruba words is only further exposing your tomfoolery. For the umpteenth time, BE PROUD OF YOUR BINI ROOTS! You aren't fooling no one but yourself. Geez!

2 Likes

Re: Is Oba Of Benin The Paramount Traditional Ruler Of Niger Delta and Igbos? by Oduduwaa: 7:37pm On Feb 18, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

[s]Get thee behind me you fake a$$ punk!!! Even your WACK attempt to use Google translate to string together incoherent Yoruba words is only further exposing your tomfoolery. For the umpteenth time, BE PROUD OF YOUR BINI ROOTS! You aren't fooling no one but yourself. Geez! [/s]

Lol ohh ohh this enraged mosquito again grin grin grin Hahaha gosh sum ppl are running mad oo grin grin grin Hahahaha
Re: Is Oba Of Benin The Paramount Traditional Ruler Of Niger Delta and Igbos? by RedboneSmith(m): 7:38pm On Feb 18, 2017
uckennety:

As independence came!

Eze Nri of Agukwu, Eze Nri of Oraeri, Ezeigwe (Obi) of Oguta, Attamaya of Ossomala, Igwe of Atani, Igwe of Nnewi, etc.

All these kingship systems existed in the southeast from precolonial days. They are not 'political appointments/favours'.

1 Like

Re: Is Oba Of Benin The Paramount Traditional Ruler Of Niger Delta and Igbos? by uckennety(m): 7:44pm On Feb 18, 2017
Oduduwaa:

The british should av just left us the way we were then.... Na dem mess up dis country

I thought ohaneze ndi igbo was an umbrella organisation for all igbos?

I also dont like the way igbos give eze ndi igbo in other states like in Ondo state

Dt tin you call Eze is just like a mere title just av money or av charisma! You'll be Eze ndi igbo anywia anytime!

One of my uncle is EZE GOLD in south african is he ruling gold?

Eze is not an achievement! A lot of hungry ezes I know!

Dt shit aint anytin!

So y r u giving it attention! U should ignore it just like we do!
Re: Is Oba Of Benin The Paramount Traditional Ruler Of Niger Delta and Igbos? by Oduduwaa: 7:45pm On Feb 18, 2017
RedboneSmith:

Eze Nri of Agukwu, Eze Nri of Oraeri, Ezeigwe (Obi) of Oguta, Attamaya of Ossomala, Igwe of Atani, Igwe of Nnewi, etc.

All these kingship systems existed in the southeast from precolonial days. They are not 'political appointments/favours'.

You are saying this and another igbo guy is saying another..... Which do we believe now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fulani/ Hausa Myths, Mythology And Legends / The Oriki Of Omo Ede - What Is Your Oriki / Timothy Ogundele (Macof) Is After My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.