Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,405 members, 7,836,621 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

Reno Omokri Blasts Adeosun "A Polytechnic Graduate As Finance Minister" - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno Omokri Blasts Adeosun "A Polytechnic Graduate As Finance Minister" (49195 Views)

Reno Omokri Blasts President Buhari Over Speech On Plateau Killings / Reno Omokri Blasts Osinbajo For Not Speaking Up For Christians. Nigerians React / "Mr President, I Am Not Lazy" - Plateau Polytechnic Graduate Who Makes Snacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokri Blasts Adeosun "A Polytechnic Graduate As Finance Minister" by Sunmolar(m): 8:03am On Feb 20, 2017
maltina:
learn when to use past tense and present tense... achieve

S undecidedrry, if M wrong this is not a show case class. I only ask a question, whether it's present or past tense not my business. My point is driven, i.e. communicated.
Re: Reno Omokri Blasts Adeosun "A Polytechnic Graduate As Finance Minister" by me69: 9:01am On Feb 20, 2017
laudate:

Guy, wake up! sad Everyone is talking about Kemi Adeosun's lack of professional experience in managing the economy of a country as big and as complex as Nigeria. The kind of institutions or companies you work for, as well as the brief you handled in such companies, go a long way in determining the kind of work experience you acquire, in your professional life. Do you get it? So, please do not tell me that someone who schooled in Oxford or Harvard and probably worked for the UN at a high-level capacity, would not be better equipped to manage a complex economy than someone who went to a 2nd-tier lower-ranked university, and worked as a supervisor in a nondescript firm somewhere else.
You and the typical Nigerian in general fail to understand the reality. In real lifel it doesn't matter what school you went to, trust me I live in Europe currently they don't care only Nigerians do for some reason I don't understand. What you do in school has little to do with what you do at work. Personally I would prefer to have someone with more experience in the private sector than someone who worked only in government organization because you get more skillz in the private sector it is a fact.

Secondly Nigerians confuse Finance and Economics, she is minister of finance and saying she is incompetent because the country is economically in bad shape is out of order because her role is just to manage the finances of the state, she does not deal with economic policy per se.

If u think she is incompetent than give only 1 constructive criticism against her
Re: Reno Omokri Blasts Adeosun "A Polytechnic Graduate As Finance Minister" by Sammyblaq(m): 9:14am On Feb 20, 2017
I been dey like this Reno till after I have digested his tweet.

Reno! Thunder fire you.

The president is a product of which school?.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Blasts Adeosun "A Polytechnic Graduate As Finance Minister" by laudate: 12:32pm On Feb 20, 2017
me69:
You and the typical Nigerian in general fail to understand the reality. In real lifel it doesn't matter what school you went to, trust me I live in Europe currently they don't care only Nigerians do for some reason I don't understand. What you do in school has little to do with what you do at work. Personally I would prefer to have someone with more experience in the private sector than someone who worked only in government organization because you get more skillz in the private sector it is a fact.

Secondly Nigerians confuse Finance and Economics, she is minister of finance and saying she is incompetent because the country is economically in bad shape is out of order because her role is just to manage the finances of the state, she does not deal with economic policy per se.

If u think she is incompetent than give only 1 constructive criticism against her

Oh, so the Europeans don't care about what school you attended? cheesy Why do you think they rate Oxford, Cambridge & Imperial College higher than several other schools in the UK?

Secondly you claim Nigerians confuse Finance & Economics? Ok, tell us if you do not need a working knowledge of economics to manage finance. I repeat : she is incompetent because the country is still economically in a bad shape. Her job is to restore it back to good shape. If she cannot, let her admit defeat and resign honourably along with her team, before it goes from bad to worse. Is that too much to ask? undecided

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Blasts Adeosun "A Polytechnic Graduate As Finance Minister" by me69: 1:20pm On Feb 20, 2017
laudate:

Oh, so the Europeans don't care about what school you attended? cheesy Why do you think they rate Oxford, Cambridge & Imperial College higher than several other schools in the UK?

Secondly you claim Nigerians confuse Finance & Economics? Ok, tell us if you do not need a working knowledge of economics to manage finance. I repeat : she is incompetent because the country is still economically in a bad shape. Her job is to restore it back to good shape. If she cannot, let her admit defeat and resign honourably along with her team, before it goes from bad to worse. Is that too much to ask? undecided

About school ranking, it is there mainly because of the quality of research and the academic researchers they have and because of marketing their schools. You have to understand that most of these universities are private organization that run like companies with their boards. Secondly, I happen to be studying a Masters in Economics and so I'm in a good position to tell you that it is different. Every organization has a finance department so do the government and it deals with finance related matters and policies not economic policies. The CBN for example has a bigger economic role than finance because it deals with monetary policies. The government runs the fiscal policy side and other related side of the economy. Currently the institution in charge of economic matter in Nigeria is the office of the vice President under osinbajo, I have people working there as economists
Re: Reno Omokri Blasts Adeosun "A Polytechnic Graduate As Finance Minister" by laudate: 1:39pm On Feb 20, 2017
me69:
About school ranking, it is there mainly because of the quality of research and the academic researchers they have and because of marketing their schools. You have to understand that most of these universities are private organization that run like companies with their boards. Secondly, I happen to be studying a Masters in Economics and so I'm in a good position to tell you that it is different. Every organization has a finance department so do the government and it deals with finance related matters and policies not economic policies. The CBN for example has a bigger economic role than finance because it deals with monetary policies. The government runs the fiscal policy side and other related side of the economy. Currently the institution in charge of economic matter in Nigeria is the office of the vice President under osinbajo, I have people working there as economists

Thanks for your response. So if the quality of research done in a university is good or adjudged to be of a high standard, don't you think that would translate into a better level of teaching or a higher standard of knowledge, being imparted to the students in such a university? undecided

My point remains the same: Kemi Adeosun does not have the level of knowledge or financial expertise required to manage our economy and pull it out of the woods. She and her economic team, need to admit this and resign honourably. Let more capable folks take over the reins. Or is it when the USD exchanges at =N=1,000 naira that we would accept this fact? sad
Re: Reno Omokri Blasts Adeosun "A Polytechnic Graduate As Finance Minister" by orisa37: 1:54pm On Feb 20, 2017
She is a Chartered Accountant.
That makes her superior in Knowledge, Skills and Experience to Omokri, Soludo, Lamido and Emefiele Somebody's jealous 'cos of my BEAUTY.
Unfortunately for GEJ, she didn't work with him in the way NOI did.
Re: Reno Omokri Blasts Adeosun "A Polytechnic Graduate As Finance Minister" by me69: 1:54pm On Feb 20, 2017
laudate:

Or is it when the USD exchanges at =N=1,000 naira that we would accept this fact? sad
that is precisely what i'm telling she does not deal with FOREX. Exchange rate is not part of what the ministry of Finance's job, that CBN's job not the ministry, you should inform yourself on what Finance is all about first
Re: Reno Omokri Blasts Adeosun "A Polytechnic Graduate As Finance Minister" by laudate: 1:57pm On Feb 20, 2017
me69:
that is precisely what i'm telling she does not deal with FOREX. Exchange rate is not part of what the ministry of Finance's job, that CBN's job not the ministry, you should inform yourself on what Finance is all about first

Guy, you are missing the point so badly that I am tired of educating you! Yes, she does not deal with Forex. But it is her lack of economic direction and sound policies, that is causing the economy to perform so badly!! Can't you understand that? Let her resign, abeg! She doesn't have a clue on how to get the economy back on its feet. undecided
Re: Reno Omokri Blasts Adeosun "A Polytechnic Graduate As Finance Minister" by me69: 2:42pm On Feb 20, 2017
laudate:

Guy, you are missing the point so badly that I am tired of educating you! Yes, she does not deal with Forex. But it is her lack of economic direction and sound policies, that is causing the economy to perform so badly!! Can't you understand that? Let her resign, abeg! She doesn't have a clue on how to get the economy back on its feet. undecided
And i'm telling SHE IS NOT IN CHARGE OF ECONOMIC POLICY. It's simply not her job, she deals with allocations, debts, payments, accountancy, collecting tax, investments, national insurance, stock exchange, and policies that has to do with finance NOT ECONOMICS
Re: Reno Omokri Blasts Adeosun "A Polytechnic Graduate As Finance Minister" by laudate: 2:49pm On Feb 20, 2017
me69:
And i'm telling SHE IS NOT IN CHARGE OF ECONOMIC POLICY. It's simply not her job, she deals with allocations, debts, payments, accountancy, collecting tax, investments, national insurance, stock exchange, and policies that has to do with finance NOT ECONOMICS

Guy, your defence does not hold water. undecided All the allocations, debts, payments, accountancy, investments, national insurance, stock exchange, and policies you claim falls under her brief, have performed poorly and have not had a positive effect on the economy. Prices of stocks keep falling daily at the stock exchange. So what policy is she actually managing? Almost everything she has managed thus far has performed badly. If you know her, kindly advise her to resign. Her performance thus far, has been abysmal. You can continue arguing this point till infinity.
Re: Reno Omokri Blasts Adeosun "A Polytechnic Graduate As Finance Minister" by me69: 4:52pm On Feb 20, 2017
laudate:

Guy, your defence does not hold water. undecided All the allocations, debts, payments, accountancy, investments, national insurance, stock exchange, and policies you claim falls under her brief, have performed poorly and have not had a positive effect on the economy. Prices of stocks keep falling daily at the stock exchange. So what policy is she actually managing? Almost everything she has managed thus far has performed badly. If you know her, kindly advise her to resign. Her performance thus far, has been abysmal. You can continue arguing this point till infinity.
She is doing well, and setting the foundation for a more robust management of state finances. You don't know what she has done thus far. You are just following the trend (what people say)
Re: Reno Omokri Blasts Adeosun "A Polytechnic Graduate As Finance Minister" by laudate: 5:00pm On Feb 20, 2017
me69:
She is doing well, and setting the foundation for a more robust management of state finances. You don't know what she has done thus far. You are just following the trend (what people say)

Guy, she is not doing well on any scale whatsoever!! sadWhat da heck do you mean by I am just following da trend?? angry Haba, your sycophancy is getting irritating. Those of us in business & the private sector, know exactly how much damage she has caused with her lack of sound policies and her lacklustre performance! Do we start by looking at the way shares/stock prices keep falling on a daily basis? Or by the multiple taxes being charged by federal, state & local govt bodies at all levels? Or the way govt contractors have not been paid several months & years after projects have been duly executed? Or after each milestone has been met? Or is it how poorly agencies under her watch have performed? Do you know how many businesses have closed down in the last one year? Ask the various Chambers of Commerce to give you a detailed list. If you cannot offer constructive solutions on how to get her out of the place or improve her performance, please get the fvck off my mentions, biko...
Re: Reno Omokri Blasts Adeosun "A Polytechnic Graduate As Finance Minister" by Flakosixfive(m): 2:58pm On Feb 26, 2017
Babaevans1:

Mumu
See your big forehead. At your age you still go online to insult your betters. Stupid old Failure.
Re: Reno Omokri Blasts Adeosun "A Polytechnic Graduate As Finance Minister" by uvalued(m): 12:36am On Mar 13, 2017
project8:
i bet most of the polytechnic students are way better than u...as a degree holder can u tel us wat accomplishment u ave so far? .
i personally dnt tink success in life depends on ur qualifications and dats y we ave billionares who arent graduates.
GBAM imagine dropout bilionaires
Re: Reno Omokri Blasts Adeosun "A Polytechnic Graduate As Finance Minister" by uvalued(m): 12:46am On Mar 13, 2017
azimibraun:
What wrong with graduating from a poly?
because they dont have two heads unlike poly students who have one head. example of a uni grad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Binshep Gimba, Soldier Killed By Boko Haram, Only Surviving Child Of His Mum / Allen Onyema: In Three Days, All Airlines In Nigeria Will Shut Down / EndSARS Protest: RRS Removes Blockades Mounted By Hoodlums In Oshodi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.