Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,453 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:54 AM

What's The Nigerian Wife's Idea Of Romance? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Nigerian Wife's Idea Of Romance? (1013 Views)

Howard Sueing III Ekundayo: American Man Adopts Nigerian Wife’s Surname / Chinese Man Rocks His Nigerian Wife's Behind At An Event (pics) / Uk-based Nigerian Wife Attacks Husband’s Sidechick With Bleach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Nigerian Wife's Idea Of Romance? by jaszplus12(m): 7:08pm On Feb 20, 2017
A few days ago I sat doing some serious work at home when my neighbor's wife came in to say hi to my wife. I heard them discuss and as the lady was on her way out she asked to know if I was taking my wife out for Valentine.
I casually said no only for me to hear my wife say in a retort "he's not romantic!"
For the umpteenth time I thought again in my mind " what's a wife's idea of romance?"
As a husband I make sure I don't sit idle while my wife does all the house chores and care for the kids ...I put on lots of effort to ease her stress domestically ...isn't that romantic ?
Somebody please say something so we can find the real meaning of romance in the Nigerian context.
Re: What's The Nigerian Wife's Idea Of Romance? by Splinz(m): 7:10pm On Feb 20, 2017
Simple. To your wife, her own understanding of being romantic is to take her out on a valentine day. Failing to do so means you're not romantic.

Please next time, try and be romantic to madam. cool

3 Likes

Re: What's The Nigerian Wife's Idea Of Romance? by plumule(m): 7:14pm On Feb 20, 2017
Don't you understand the concept of sarcastic sarcasm
Re: What's The Nigerian Wife's Idea Of Romance? by jaszplus12(m): 7:19pm On Feb 20, 2017
[quote author=Splinz post=53896832][i]Simple. To your wife, her own understanding of being romantic is to take her out on a valentine day. Failing to do so means you're not romantic.

Please next time, try and be romantic to madam.

Ok...but what's YOUR opinion?
Re: What's The Nigerian Wife's Idea Of Romance? by Splinz(m): 7:32pm On Feb 20, 2017
[quote author=jaszplus12 post=53897102][/quote]

It is simply a case of different strokes for different folks. But then, some women from this part of the world tends to know romantic moves only on the materialistic angle- take her out, buy her ice cream, shoes, jewelries, etc.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Nigerian Wife's Idea Of Romance? by Idydarling(f): 8:19pm On Feb 20, 2017
candle light dinner...

1 Like

Re: What's The Nigerian Wife's Idea Of Romance? by Nobody: 10:23am On Feb 21, 2017
jaszplus12:
A few days ago I sat doing some serious work at home when my neighbor's wife came in to say hi to my wife. I heard them discuss and as the lady was on her way out she asked to know if I was taking my wife out for Valentine.
I casually said no only for me to hear my wife say in a retort "he's not romantic!"
For the umpteenth time I thought again in my mind " what's a wife's idea of romance?"
As a husband I make sure I don't sit idle while my wife does all the house chores and care for the kids ...I put on lots of effort to ease her stress domestically ...isn't that romantic ?
Somebody please say something so we can find the real meaning of romance in the Nigerian context.

Well to be sincere assisting your wife isn't a favour it's something that should happen as you guys both stay in the house. Well I understand how most Nigerian men won't be romantic we got recession,bills and a thousand and one depressing things in Nigeria to kill any romantic feeling. Do you guys go out often for personal dates or something ?

2 Likes

Re: What's The Nigerian Wife's Idea Of Romance? by KanwuliaExtra: 10:25am On Feb 21, 2017
A lot of money to spend after a one-night stand. cool
Till "I LOVE YOUs" become believable commodities in Africa! cheesy
Re: What's The Nigerian Wife's Idea Of Romance? by jaszplus12(m): 10:48am On Feb 21, 2017
yes we do. Just that i dont know what i should call romance since i think that being helpful with chores and all seem romantic to me...reccesion or not we still go out once a while
i just feel there may be some other definition i am not getting abi too much telemundo has caused a dysfunction of the term?
pcguru1:

Well to be sincere assisting your wife isn't a favour it's something that should happen as you guys both stay in the house. Well I understand how most Nigerian men won't be romantic we got recession,bills and a thousand and one depressing things in Nigeria to kill any romantic feeling. Do you guys go out often for personal dates or something ?
Re: What's The Nigerian Wife's Idea Of Romance? by Nobody: 11:15am On Feb 21, 2017
jaszplus12:
yes we do. Just that i dont know what i should call romance since i think that being helpful with chores and all seem romantic to me...reccesion or not we still go out once a while
i just feel there may be some other definition i am not getting abi too much telemundo has caused a dysfunction of the term?

Telemumdo romance is for women , if you guys go out I guess that's romantic only a woman can help us determine what romance is. Even me sef no know what romance is .

1 Like

Re: What's The Nigerian Wife's Idea Of Romance? by jaszplus12(m): 4:49pm On Feb 21, 2017
the thing jus tire me ooooo
pcguru1:

Telemumdo romance is for women , if you guys go out I guess that's romantic only a woman can help us determine what romance is. Even me sef no know what romance is .
Re: What's The Nigerian Wife's Idea Of Romance? by Rukkydelta(f): 10:23pm On Feb 21, 2017
Don't even know what it means to be romantic
Re: What's The Nigerian Wife's Idea Of Romance? by jaszplus12(m): 10:46pm On Feb 21, 2017
ha! thats a first o! coming from a lady this is a serious issue
todays tv is filled with the romance stories women love...watch one and tell me what you think or try let a guy date you a few weeks and lets hear what you think
Rukkydelta:
Don't even know what it means to be romantic
Re: What's The Nigerian Wife's Idea Of Romance? by frostylook: 8:28am On Feb 22, 2017
You are not speaking her love language.
There are basically five love languages and number 3 is Acts of Service. This is what you have been communicating to her, but that is essentially YOUR love language, NOT hers. You feel by helping her with acts of service here and there, she will understand you are being romantic. So while she may appreciate the effort, that's not her button and so,she feels you are not romantic.
Try to read Gary Chapman's Love Languages book for better insight because I can't type it all and my fingers are sore already.
Good luck.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mother Of Triplets Found Begging In Rumuola Portharcourt / Wives Are Getting Smart This Days.. / Mom Creates Household “jobs” And Makes Her Kids Apply To Get Allowance Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.