Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Overstaying Tourist Visa In The UK, What Will Happen Now? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Overstaying Tourist Visa In The UK, What Will Happen Now? (1411 Views)

If You Are Studying In The Uk.. What Happens Afterwards? / UAE cancels Three months tourist visa for Nigerian Passport Holders / Nigerian Man Arrested In Cambodia For Overstaying Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Overstaying Tourist Visa In The UK, What Will Happen Now? by paige6533: 9:31pm On Feb 20, 2017
Hi everyone,

Starting from the beginning, my ex boyfriend is not from the UK and came over here on a tourist visa early last year, we met end of summer and instantly clicked straight away - I have never had such a strong connection to someone before. Basically by the time we got close and felt as though he could fully trust me he told me that his visa had run out and he was staying here illegally. He told so if i wanted to end everything there he wouldn't blame me. It was a big shock and left me so confused but i knew he was the one and we was going to carry on as usual and live each day as it came as I was so happy with him.

His family back in his home country have recently had a family crisis and he has come to the decision that he has to go home back to be with them as he also misses them very much. It was a hard decision but its what has to be done as he loves this country and just wants to be able to make a life here, get a job, make a family, own a home and so on.

We are not together anymore as i agreed we best stop seeing each other otherwise it will only be harder for when he does go home. His planning on going back in the next few weeks which would mean he would have overstayed his tourist visa for about 6 months. So he is going back voluntary and paying for his own ticket home.

What will happen now to him once he gets to the airport? Will he defiantly be banned from entering the UK again, if so for how long? Would there be any way at all for him to be able to come back?

I love him dearly but I am only 20 years old, if I was a few years older I would 100% go back with him just so we can be together. Now i am just worrying about the situation hoping he will all be okay. I know what he done was wrong, and a year back I would be moaning about this situation, however meeting someone who has actually overstayed and seeing how much they just want to make a life here makes me realise so much. There is nothing for him back in his home country. It has made me realise that we defiantly take our lives for granted over here in the UK.

I just need to put my mind at ease as I cant stop worry about it all as I just want more anything to be able to be with himsad

**I would just like to add he is not from Nigeria, i know this is a Nigerian post site but I wanted to get many answers to find out what will happen**
Re: Overstaying Tourist Visa In The UK, What Will Happen Now? by ttmacoy: 9:40pm On Feb 20, 2017
Paige6533 My advice move on and focus on your future.

If time goes and you guys are still in love as you say and want to get married you can consider that and he may be able to come back but as you are 20 you are too young to be getting tied up in such issues and losing focus.

Also you say in your post if not that you were 20 you would leave with him to Nigeria but you also say he has nothing going on for him in Nigeria. Why then will you think of going back with him?

I think it's lust not love you are feeling and time will tell. As I said if overtime you guys still have the same love for each other the you can consider marriage when you are older and more settled education and career wise.

1 Like

Re: Overstaying Tourist Visa In The UK, What Will Happen Now? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Feb 20, 2017
Nothing is gonna happen to him here, find yourself another Nigerian man and you will forget about him in a giffy.
Re: Overstaying Tourist Visa In The UK, What Will Happen Now? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 20, 2017
He is probably married down here, try to be sensible and move on.
Re: Overstaying Tourist Visa In The UK, What Will Happen Now? by ifyalways(f): 5:23am On Feb 21, 2017
He's not a Nigerian people, we've already started casting aspersions and ignoring the OP's main question. Wawu grin

@ OP, he's likely gonna get of two to ten years ban depending on his country of origin. However, the only way to know for sure is for he to re-apply for a visa again and ofcourse stating reasons of his previous overstay (if any), he might get forgiven or not.

As per your relationship, I think it's best y'all agree to keep it open, no promises.

2 Likes

Re: Overstaying Tourist Visa In The UK, What Will Happen Now? by justwise(m): 6:23am On Feb 21, 2017
paige6533:
Hi everyone,

Starting from the beginning, my ex boyfriend is not from the UK and came over here on a tourist visa early last year, we met end of summer and instantly clicked straight away - I have never had such a strong connection to someone before. Basically by the time we got close and felt as though he could fully trust me he told me that his visa had run out and he was staying here illegally. He told so if i wanted to end everything there he wouldn't blame me. It was a big shock and left me so confused but i knew he was the one and we was going to carry on as usual and live each day as it came as I was so happy with him.

His family back in his home country have recently had a family crisis and he has come to the decision that he has to go home back to be with them as he also misses them very much. It was a hard decision but its what has to be done as he loves this country and just wants to be able to make a life here, get a job, make a family, own a home and so on.

We are not together anymore as i agreed we best stop seeing each other otherwise it will only be harder for when he does go home. His planning on going back in the next few weeks which would mean he would have overstayed his tourist visa for about 6 months. So he is going back voluntary and paying for his own ticket home.

What will happen now to him once he gets to the airport? Will he defiantly be banned from entering the UK again, if so for how long? Would there be any way at all for him to be able to come back?

I love him dearly but I am only 20 years old, if I was a few years older I would 100% go back with him just so we can be together. Now i am just worrying about the situation hoping he will all be okay. I know what he done was wrong, and a year back I would be moaning about this situation, however meeting someone who has actually overstayed and seeing how much they just want to make a life here makes me realise so much. There is nothing for him back in his home country. It has made me realise that we defiantly take our lives for granted over here in the UK.

I just need to put my mind at ease as I cant stop worry about it all as I just want more anything to be able to be with himsad

**I would just like to add he is not from Nigeria, i know this is a Nigerian post site but I wanted to get many answers to find out what will happen**

He will be banned for 2yrs if he leaves within 6months but its 5yrs if he overstays longer than 6months.

1 Like

Re: Overstaying Tourist Visa In The UK, What Will Happen Now? by Nobody: 7:34am On Feb 21, 2017
Dreamwaker:
Nothing is gonna happen to him here, find yourself another Nigerian man and you will forget about him in a giffy.

He is not from Nigeria and it is jiffy not giffy

Stop feeling special
Re: Overstaying Tourist Visa In The UK, What Will Happen Now? by Burger01(m): 10:24pm On Feb 21, 2017
Yiou are 20 years.... I don't even know what to say, Best you guys stay open minded. smiley
Re: Overstaying Tourist Visa In The UK, What Will Happen Now? by Afroprince(m): 12:04am On Feb 22, 2017
U can marry him if you are sure that the feeling is strong....Simple!

(1) (Reply)

20 Top Hotels In Lagos / The Scariest Places In The World,only For The Bravest Of Hearts / Please Advice Me I Want To Travel Out Of Naija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.