Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

The Scariest Places In The World,only For The Bravest Of Hearts - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Scariest Places In The World,only For The Bravest Of Hearts (1403 Views)

Ready for Some Scare, See The Most Haunted And Scariest Places In The World / Which Of These 6 Things Is The Scariest When Driving? / Inside The World's Only Private Boeing 787 Dreamliner That Cost N27m/hr To Hire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Scariest Places In The World,only For The Bravest Of Hearts by Emmanuel226(m): 8:10am On Feb 17, 2020
From ghouls to goblins to vampires and werewolves. Majority of the things that make us scared or go bump in the night seem to be made up.
(Apart from those based on a true-life story horror movies).

Well, these are some places on the surface of this earth that transcend more than just scary these places are officially frightening. From death rates ranging from 300 a day to churches made of bones to places were people grow extra limbs due to overexposure to radiation.

These are the scariest places on the surface of the earth.

The island of dolls, Xochimilco:
Ranked as one of the most beautiful world heritage sites by UNESCO. The island of dolls is a place littered with scattered dismembered doll parts. All over the island, there are doll body parts hanging in various odd positions on the island.

Hidden among the boroughs's many canals, the tiny island is famous for the hundreds of dolls—and doll parts—hanging from trees and scattered among the grass. Although it looks more like a horror movie set than anything else, the chinampa (akin to an artificial island) used to be the actual residence of a now-deceased man named Julian Santa Barrera. After finding a dead girl's body in a nearby canal, Barrera collected and displayed the toys in the hopes of warding off evil spirits. Daring souls can hire their own boat, try to convince the driver to pay it a visit, and view it safely from the water.

The Door to Hell, Derweze, Turkmenistan:
Whilst, not a literal door to hell back in time a while ago some scientist came drilling for oil and hit a methane deposit. And the fire does not ever stop burning. Hence the name.

Located in the middle of the Karakum Desert in Turkmenistan is the "Door to Hell," a name locals gave to a 230-foot-wide crater that simply won't stop burning. When Soviet scientists began searching for oil back in 1971, they accidentally hit a methane reserve and the drilling platform collapsed, forming the crater and releasing dangerous gas into the air. The scientists decided to light the crater on fire to burn off the methane, creating a Dante-Esque anomaly that has remained lit for the past 40-plus years.

Snake Island, São Paulo, Brazil:
Well from the name you should already know what this is about. There are snakes here people. I don't think anyone is able to live there for up to a day.

Located about 90 miles off the coast of São Paulo, Ilha de Queimada Grande (also known as Snake Island) is one of the most dangerous islands in the entire world. The site earned its moniker due to its insanely high density of golden Lance Head vipers; some studies report an average of one to five snakes per square meter. When sea levels rose some 11,000 years ago and separated Snake Island from mainland Brazil, the newly isolated snakes became hyper-evolved—and hyper terrifying—to adapt to their changing environment. Without any ground-level prey on the island, the snakes learned to hunt in the treetops and strike at birds from the air. And because they couldn’t track down the birds and wait for the poison to kick in, their venom adapted to become five times stronger than that of their mainland counterparts—capable of killing their prey instantly, as well as melting human flesh. Because of their potency, the Brazilian government bans the public from ever setting foot on the island (as if you would want to).

Aokigahara Forest, Yamanashi Prefecture, Japan AkA the suicide forest:
This seemingly serene forest at the bottom of Mount Fuji has an extremely tormented history. Colloquially known as “Suicide Forest,” Aokigahara is the world’s second-most popular site for suicides (after the Golden Gate Bridge)—in 2010 alone, 247 people attempted to take their own lives here, and 54 of them were successful. Some blame this phenomena on the forest’s association with demons in Japanese mythology. Others point towards the density of the trees, which muffles sound and makes it extremely easy to get lost. Many hikers even mark their path with tape or string to make it easier to find their way back out again. This, combined with the sprinkling of clothing and letters throughout the labyrinthine woods.

www.

1 Like

Re: The Scariest Places In The World,only For The Bravest Of Hearts by Emmanuel226(m): 8:12am On Feb 17, 2020
More pics

Re: The Scariest Places In The World,only For The Bravest Of Hearts by Emmanuel226(m): 8:14am On Feb 17, 2020
Mum,dad, can u hear me?
Am too scared,pls comman help me,I can't bear dis anymore undecided

Re: The Scariest Places In The World,only For The Bravest Of Hearts by azadus18: 8:14am On Feb 17, 2020
wot z more scarier dan living in Nigeria..

1 Like

Re: The Scariest Places In The World,only For The Bravest Of Hearts by samuel19222(m): 8:21am On Feb 17, 2020
azadus18:
wot z more scarier dan living in Nigeria..

Abi
Re: The Scariest Places In The World,only For The Bravest Of Hearts by Nobody: 8:24am On Feb 17, 2020
Those are scary really.

But sincerely, what can be scarier than depending upon a God for rest and refreshment when that God himself sometimes need to rest and be refreshed after doing quite a strenuous job?

Exodus: 31. 17. It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed. - Bible Offline

My hearts are out to those who believe in such a God. May God help them; I mean the true, original one that doesn't need rest or refreshment

Quran 50:38

And We did certainly create the heavens and
earth and what is between them in six days,
and there touched Us no weariness.

And this same God also sleeps and one time woke up like a drunkard...

Psalm 78:65
Then the Lord a woke as from sleep,
a s a man wakes from the stupor of wine.

Psalm 44:23
Awake, O Lord! Why do you sleep?
Rouse yourself! Do not reject us forever.

Anyways, Imes is coming. grin

1 Like

Re: The Scariest Places In The World,only For The Bravest Of Hearts by Sabby1(m): 8:46am On Feb 17, 2020
IAmStrange:
Those are scary really.
Puke
Please, who is Imes?
Re: The Scariest Places In The World,only For The Bravest Of Hearts by Nobody: 8:57am On Feb 17, 2020
Learner Op

SARS building is the scariest.
Your life will never remain the same

1 Like

Re: The Scariest Places In The World,only For The Bravest Of Hearts by Goldencheese(m): 9:07am On Feb 17, 2020
Thanks.
They are really scary places.
Do you we have any place like that in Africa?
Emmanuel226:
From ghouls to goblins to vampires and werewolves. Majority of the things that make us scared or go bump in the night seem to be made up.
(Apart from those based on a true-life story horror movies).

Well, these are some places on the surface of this earth that transcend more than just scary these places are officially frightening. From death rates ranging from 300 a day to churches made of bones to places were people grow extra limbs due to overexposure to radiation.

These are the scariest places on the surface of the earth.

The island of dolls, Xochimilco:
Ranked as one of the most beautiful world heritage sites by UNESCO. The island of dolls is a place littered with scattered dismembered doll parts. All over the island, there are doll body parts hanging in various odd positions on the island.

Hidden among the boroughs's many canals, the tiny island is famous for the hundreds of dolls—and doll parts—hanging from trees and scattered among the grass. Although it looks more like a horror movie set than anything else, the chinampa (akin to an artificial island) used to be the actual residence of a now-deceased man named Julian Santa Barrera. After finding a dead girl's body in a nearby canal, Barrera collected and displayed the toys in the hopes of warding off evil spirits. Daring souls can hire their own boat, try to convince the driver to pay it a visit, and view it safely from the water.

The Door to Hell, Derweze, Turkmenistan:
Whilst, not a literal door to hell back in time a while ago some scientist came drilling for oil and hit a methane deposit. And the fire does not ever stop burning. Hence the name.

Located in the middle of the Karakum Desert in Turkmenistan is the "Door to Hell," a name locals gave to a 230-foot-wide crater that simply won't stop burning. When Soviet scientists began searching for oil back in 1971, they accidentally hit a methane reserve and the drilling platform collapsed, forming the crater and releasing dangerous gas into the air. The scientists decided to light the crater on fire to burn off the methane, creating a Dante-Esque anomaly that has remained lit for the past 40-plus years.

Snake Island, São Paulo, Brazil:
Well from the name you should already know what this is about. There are snakes here people. I don't think anyone is able to live there for up to a day.

Located about 90 miles off the coast of São Paulo, Ilha de Queimada Grande (also known as Snake Island) is one of the most dangerous islands in the entire world. The site earned its moniker due to its insanely high density of golden Lance Head vipers; some studies report an average of one to five snakes per square meter. When sea levels rose some 11,000 years ago and separated Snake Island from mainland Brazil, the newly isolated snakes became hyper-evolved—and hyper terrifying—to adapt to their changing environment. Without any ground-level prey on the island, the snakes learned to hunt in the treetops and strike at birds from the air. And because they couldn’t track down the birds and wait for the poison to kick in, their venom adapted to become five times stronger than that of their mainland counterparts—capable of killing their prey instantly, as well as melting human flesh. Because of their potency, the Brazilian government bans the public from ever setting foot on the island (as if you would want to).

Aokigahara Forest, Yamanashi Prefecture, Japan AkA the suicide forest:
This seemingly serene forest at the bottom of Mount Fuji has an extremely tormented history. Colloquially known as “Suicide Forest,” Aokigahara is the world’s second-most popular site for suicides (after the Golden Gate Bridge)—in 2010 alone, 247 people attempted to take their own lives here, and 54 of them were successful. Some blame this phenomena on the forest’s association with demons in Japanese mythology. Others point towards the density of the trees, which muffles sound and makes it extremely easy to get lost. Many hikers even mark their path with tape or string to make it easier to find their way back out again. This, combined with the sprinkling of clothing and letters throughout the labyrinthine woods.

www.

Re: The Scariest Places In The World,only For The Bravest Of Hearts by Papanwamaikpe: 2:30pm On Feb 17, 2020
And I was planning on a vacation to Sao Paulo by August..... Maybe I'll just join my goons in Flamengo. Thanks for the info
Re: The Scariest Places In The World,only For The Bravest Of Hearts by Nn3muka(f): 3:58pm On Feb 17, 2020
Papanwamaikpe:
And I was planning on a vacation to Sao Paulo by August..... Maybe I'll just join my goons in Flamengo. Thanks for the info
Are u a yahoo boy?
Re: The Scariest Places In The World,only For The Bravest Of Hearts by Papanwamaikpe: 4:01pm On Feb 17, 2020
Nn3muka:

Are u a yahoo boy?
Bia stop disturbing oh! Except you're interested for hookup.....then am game tongue
Re: The Scariest Places In The World,only For The Bravest Of Hearts by Nn3muka(f): 7:44pm On Feb 17, 2020
Papanwamaikpe:
Bia stop disturbing oh! Except you're interested for hookup.....then am game tongue
You're too skinny for my liking
and by the way i am not a hooker, 3k for sex? nna continue hookup on your michat abi weechat that you find cheap, local dirty girls your class.

my toto is not for sale
Re: The Scariest Places In The World,only For The Bravest Of Hearts by hammerU: 7:49pm On Feb 17, 2020
Nn3muka:

and by the way i am not a hooker, 3k for sex? nna continue hookup on your michat abi weechat that you find cheap, local dirty girls your class.

my toto is not for sale

Again today?

I have catch u twice now, in one day.

Nna ehn! Wat is going on with our girls?
Re: The Scariest Places In The World,only For The Bravest Of Hearts by Nn3muka(f): 7:55pm On Feb 17, 2020
hammerU:

Again today?

I have catch u twice now, in one day.

Nna ehn! Wat is going on with our girls?
Monitoring spirit.
You never enter toto before?
oya unfollow me ozugbo undecided
Re: The Scariest Places In The World,only For The Bravest Of Hearts by hammerU: 8:09pm On Feb 17, 2020
Nn3muka:

Monitoring spirit.
You never enter toto before?
oya unfollow me ozugbo undecided

if i press that button, make my erection bend.
Re: The Scariest Places In The World,only For The Bravest Of Hearts by NairaLuck: 8:14pm On Feb 17, 2020
IAmStrange:
Those are scary really.

But sincerely, what can be scarier than depending upon a God for rest and refreshment when that God himself sometimes need to rest and be refreshed after doing quite a strenuous job?

Exodus: 31. 17. It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed. - Bible Offline

My hearts are out to those who believe in such a God. May God help them; I mean the true, original one that doesn't need rest or refreshment

Quran 50:38

And We did certainly create the heavens and
earth and what is between them in six days,
and there touched Us no weariness.

And this same God also sleeps and one time woke up like a drunkard...

Psalm 78:65
Then the Lord a woke as from sleep,
a s a man wakes from the stupor of wine.

Psalm 44:23
Awake, O Lord! Why do you sleep?
Rouse yourself! Do not reject us forever.

So for your mind watin you don talk? Ehn? Empty Barrel.
It's obvious you have comprehension issues, or you're not enlightened enough to engage one with meaningful discuss.
We don't compete in religion ok!

Now goan look for something meaningful to do - make yourself useful
Re: The Scariest Places In The World,only For The Bravest Of Hearts by Nn3muka(f): 8:15pm On Feb 17, 2020
hammerU:

You are gay
Re: The Scariest Places In The World,only For The Bravest Of Hearts by hammerU: 8:15pm On Feb 17, 2020
Nn3muka:

You are gay

Which gay like toto?

The one for ur village?
Re: The Scariest Places In The World,only For The Bravest Of Hearts by Nn3muka(f): 8:20pm On Feb 17, 2020
hammerU:

Which gay like toto?

The one for ur village?
so?
hammerU:

explain better

hammerU:

I can demonstrate, if u make ur toto available. cheesy
Not for demonstrations either
Someone is paying premium to maintain it.
Go and shave and join papanwamaikpe in his hunt for 3k toto.
hammeru
Re: The Scariest Places In The World,only For The Bravest Of Hearts by hammerU: 8:21pm On Feb 17, 2020
Nn3muka:

so?

explain better

I can demonstrate, if u make ur toto available. cheesy
Re: The Scariest Places In The World,only For The Bravest Of Hearts by Papanwamaikpe: 9:03pm On Feb 17, 2020
Nn3muka:

my toto is not for sale
Oya come lemme Bleep you for free grin

1 Like

Re: The Scariest Places In The World,only For The Bravest Of Hearts by hammerU: 9:43pm On Feb 17, 2020
Nn3muka:

so?

explain better

Not for demonstrations either
Someone is paying premium to maintain it.
Go and shave and join papanwamaikpe in his hunt for 3k toto.
hammeru

do u need taking care of?
Re: The Scariest Places In The World,only For The Bravest Of Hearts by Nobody: 5:09am On Feb 18, 2020
I didn't see NIGERIA on this LIST, why...?

(1) (Reply)

United Nigeria Plane Escapes Crash, Passengers Thank God For Saving Them (video) / Which Developed Country Can I Migrate Easily To With 10 Million? / Mfa Certified Copies Of Waec 4 Skooling Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.