Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,355 members, 7,829,899 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Babalawo Arrested And Arraigned For N2.4 Million Fraud (Photo) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Babalawo Arrested And Arraigned For N2.4 Million Fraud (Photo) (32809 Views)

$11 Million Fraud: Obinwanne Okeke Faces 30 Years In Jail - FBI / Oriyomi Hamzat Arrested And Arraigned For Murder Of 17-Year-Old Boy / Husband And Wife Arrested And Arraigned For $8Million Scam In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babalawo Arrested And Arraigned For N2.4 Million Fraud (Photo) by mich24(m): 8:31pm On Feb 22, 2017
Akwaudene87:
Show me some love am new here grin

Re: Babalawo Arrested And Arraigned For N2.4 Million Fraud (Photo) by temitemi1(m): 8:31pm On Feb 22, 2017
just like buhari
Re: Babalawo Arrested And Arraigned For N2.4 Million Fraud (Photo) by jbaby265(f): 8:32pm On Feb 22, 2017
Baba come and pay o
Re: Babalawo Arrested And Arraigned For N2.4 Million Fraud (Photo) by bestofbabs(m): 8:33pm On Feb 22, 2017
mumu dozie gave 2.5m to neutralize jazz. nawa o where him brain dey.
Re: Babalawo Arrested And Arraigned For N2.4 Million Fraud (Photo) by PrickGetSize(m): 8:34pm On Feb 22, 2017
Babalawo wey website naim be dis o. grin
Re: Babalawo Arrested And Arraigned For N2.4 Million Fraud (Photo) by wizkidblogger(f): 8:35pm On Feb 22, 2017
na those scams
Re: Babalawo Arrested And Arraigned For N2.4 Million Fraud (Photo) by Btruth: 8:37pm On Feb 22, 2017
....lol.

But Jonathan spend about N2b on spiritual matter now during his reign.

grin
Re: Babalawo Arrested And Arraigned For N2.4 Million Fraud (Photo) by Nobody: 8:38pm On Feb 22, 2017
Akwaudene87:
Show me some love am new here grin
EKA BÒ
Re: Babalawo Arrested And Arraigned For N2.4 Million Fraud (Photo) by goldedprince: 8:38pm On Feb 22, 2017
this guys use some spritual shit for this. the more u look the less you see for this. anyone can fall for it. these so called babalawos deserve to be burnt alive. i met one in a bus that showed me life carton filled with dollars. man am not talking of fake money, i mean real dollars. but the truth is , there is no money there. they make you see it as real money. considering how much i know i can make daily (legitimately), i was able to repel them and told them i wasnt interested. but i swear if u as a normal naija guy wey dey find money by all means jam these guys, you go pay cry

1 Like

Re: Babalawo Arrested And Arraigned For N2.4 Million Fraud (Photo) by Opakan2: 8:40pm On Feb 22, 2017
Lawd! I give up

Babalawos no gree stay shrine again, now na Banana Island things.. smh

GEJ really did great evil to this country.. if I swear for am now, some moro.ns no go let me rest
Re: Babalawo Arrested And Arraigned For N2.4 Million Fraud (Photo) by Nobody: 8:40pm On Feb 22, 2017
bestofbabs:
mumu dozie gave 2.5m to neutralize jazz. nawa o where him brain dey.
INSIDE MY MAMA CUKING POT
Re: Babalawo Arrested And Arraigned For N2.4 Million Fraud (Photo) by Eluwilussit(m): 8:41pm On Feb 22, 2017
stephanie11:
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 arraigned one Bala Tangalu before Justice A. B. Mohammed of the Federal Capital Territory High Court sitting in Jabi, Abuja on a 2-count charge of conspiracy and obtaining by false pretence to the tune of N2.5million.

Tangalu, a self-styled native doctor also known as Babalawo, was arrested following a petition by one Dozie Ugonna, who alleged that he was scammed of over N2.5million by the accused and his cohorts.

According to the petitioner, the money was meant for the purchase of materials to neutralize some harmful charms purportedly contained in a carton filled with United States dollars.

The offence is contrary to Section 8 (a) and punishable under Section 8 (C) and 1 (3) of the Advance Fee Fraud and Other Fraud Related Offences Act No. 14, 2006.
Particulars of Count two read:

“Bala Tangalu, Ataye (still at large), Nnamdi (still at large) Peace (still at large) and Linda (still at large), in the year 2016 at Abuja within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court with intent to defraud obtained the total sum of N2,540.000 (Two Million, Five Hundred and Forty Thousand Naira Only) from one Dozie Ugonna under the pretence that you are a native doctor a.k.a Babalawo and the monies were for purchase of materials to neutralize some harmful charms contained in a carton filled with United State Dollars, which pretence you knew to be false”.

The accused person pleaded not guilty to the charge.

Upon his plea, counsel to EFCC, Elizabeth Alabi, asked the court to fix a date for trial and remand the accused in prison custody pending trial.

She urged the court to consider the weight of the offence, which according to her carries a minimum of seven year jail term.

However, counsel to the accused, Yusuf Abdullahi, told the court he had a pending bail application before the court. He added that the accused had been granted administrative bail by the EFCC which he had not breached and urged the court to adopt same bail condition.

Justice Mohammed granted bail to the accused in the sum of N2million with two sureties in like sum. The sureties must be a civil servant or a community leader.

The case has been adjourned to March 20, 2017 for trial.

http://politicsngr.com/babalawo-arrested-arraigned-n2-4-million-fraud-photo/

Na this guy man una dey call babalawo? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Babalawo Arrested And Arraigned For N2.4 Million Fraud (Photo) by AkinPhysicist: 8:45pm On Feb 22, 2017
cool So OP how is this Northerner a babalawo? Babalawo is a specific YORUBA title - please learn about Nigerian culture before posting rubbish. cool

1 Like

Re: Babalawo Arrested And Arraigned For N2.4 Million Fraud (Photo) by Outofsync(m): 8:48pm On Feb 22, 2017
WfBabakhay:
AFONJA SCAMMING Igbo, IT'S WELL
But why you dull like this na undecided
Re: Babalawo Arrested And Arraigned For N2.4 Million Fraud (Photo) by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 22, 2017
Outofsync:
But why you dull like this na undecided
GOOGLE
Re: Babalawo Arrested And Arraigned For N2.4 Million Fraud (Photo) by sekundosekundo: 8:54pm On Feb 22, 2017
Pavore9:
"According to the petitioner, the money was meant for the purchase of materials to neutralize some harmful charms purportedly contained in a carton filled with United States dollars"...,.......Make l laugh! cheesy cheesy

Officer self dey lafffff

Re: Babalawo Arrested And Arraigned For N2.4 Million Fraud (Photo) by Nwaoma198(f): 9:15pm On Feb 22, 2017
Babalawo kor mamalawo nii,this fine guy Lol scammer
Re: Babalawo Arrested And Arraigned For N2.4 Million Fraud (Photo) by TosineGuy(m): 9:27pm On Feb 22, 2017
I thought babalawo dey use jass. How come this one no disappear? angry cheesy
Re: Babalawo Arrested And Arraigned For N2.4 Million Fraud (Photo) by Nobody: 10:12pm On Feb 22, 2017
I love his shirt undecided
Re: Babalawo Arrested And Arraigned For N2.4 Million Fraud (Photo) by emilyone(f): 10:15pm On Feb 22, 2017
Opakan2:
Lawd! I give up

Babalawos no gree stay shrine again, now na Banana Island things.. smh

GEJ really did great evil to this country.. if I swear for am now, some moro.ns no go let me rest
I hate GEJ pass
s anything but I beg tell me how this post take relate to GEJ
Re: Babalawo Arrested And Arraigned For N2.4 Million Fraud (Photo) by bizzibodi(m): 10:34pm On Feb 22, 2017
Igbos & LOVE 4 $$ ARE LIKE RICE & BEANS.
Re: Babalawo Arrested And Arraigned For N2.4 Million Fraud (Photo) by ipobarecriminals: 10:43pm On Feb 22, 2017
angry sadHawusa are thieves undecided especially those one that Sabi grass cutter
Re: Babalawo Arrested And Arraigned For N2.4 Million Fraud (Photo) by engrkaz(m): 11:28pm On Feb 22, 2017
lol...wash wash things
Re: Babalawo Arrested And Arraigned For N2.4 Million Fraud (Photo) by kernel501: 11:51pm On Feb 22, 2017
madridguy:
When is GEJ dragging the likes of Obanikoro, Bode George, Yoruba Kings and others to court for the money dey chop am for re-election? tongue

A betrayal is a man who sells off his country for a token, just to feed his/her home at the expense of his fellow nationals.
I don't blame you,seeing you trolling day and night, ignoring 18% inflation rate, padded budget and devalued Naira...But rather sycophanting just to earn N80,000 a month.
Re: Babalawo Arrested And Arraigned For N2.4 Million Fraud (Photo) by Asteroid770: 11:51pm On Feb 22, 2017
Are you still missing opportunity,brother and sister join Ghw and retrieve your lost money with the 30% interest with local currency and 50% with bitcoin you get. Follow the Link to join or you can chat me for any help or call/whatsapp me with this: 08169029066. Join now https:///x8wMnq
Re: Babalawo Arrested And Arraigned For N2.4 Million Fraud (Photo) by odiajoshua: 4:38am On Feb 23, 2017
TosineGuy:
I thought babalawo dey use jass. How come this one no disappear? angry cheesy
he jass no work this time.
Re: Babalawo Arrested And Arraigned For N2.4 Million Fraud (Photo) by kammali: 5:40am On Feb 23, 2017
no case 4 this matter baba alawo has used the money buy materials to make more money insid carton, Dozie
Ugonna,he love dollars
Re: Babalawo Arrested And Arraigned For N2.4 Million Fraud (Photo) by Rinsola32(f): 7:16am On Feb 23, 2017
Ajewealth123:
This babalawo is young and fresh o. I still wonder how the name babalawo came to be?

Swagalicious babalawo grin
Re: Babalawo Arrested And Arraigned For N2.4 Million Fraud (Photo) by FRANKOSKI(m): 7:54am On Feb 23, 2017
ndi oshi everywhere
Re: Babalawo Arrested And Arraigned For N2.4 Million Fraud (Photo) by WorldRichest: 7:58am On Feb 23, 2017
madridguy:
When is GEJ dragging the likes of Obanikoro, Bode George, Yoruba Kings and others to court for the money dey chop am for re-election? tongue

Believe me bros, these my brothers really scammed Goatluck Jonathan. Na real scam. Even our own one and only late Ooni of Ife gathered some local corrupt chiefs to deceive the ineffectual buffoon. Pastors nko, even Alfas chop their own. OPC self chop their own. Na wa for the drunk Otuoke fisherman.

Re: Babalawo Arrested And Arraigned For N2.4 Million Fraud (Photo) by madridguy(m): 8:32am On Feb 23, 2017
grin grin grin

WorldRichest:

Believe me bros, these my brothers really scammed Goatluck Jonathan. Na real scam. Even our own one and only late Ooni of Ife gathered some local corrupt chiefs to deceive the ineffectual buffoon. Pastors nko, even Alfas chop their own. OPC self chop their own. Na wa for the drunk Otuoke fisherman.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SARS Officers Being Mocked After Their Van Broke Down In EKSU / Zambian Lady Burns Down The House After Her Husband Impregnated Another Lady / Married Woman's Boyfriend Stabs Her Husband To Death In Adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.