Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,242 members, 7,818,826 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Time Machine Finally Invented - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Time Machine Finally Invented (3973 Views)

Ancient Confession Found: 'we Invented Jesus Christ' / What Would You Do With A Time Machine? Visit Jesus? / Was The Trinity Doctrine Invented At A Council Meeting Or By The RCC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Time Machine Finally Invented by mavenbox: 9:30pm On Dec 14, 2009
@The_seeker: grin grin grin grin You should know that mama gee is a comedian, just like the Mama-gee on Nollywood!
Re: Time Machine Finally Invented by easylogic(m): 11:37am On Dec 15, 2009
The problem with your idea is that it overlooks one critical factor.For us to "catch up" with the Information that was transmitted 2000 years ago by earth,we have to travel faster than the speed of light. Remember that the information that left earth is traveling at the speed of light,therefore for us to catch up with it,we need to send something which is traveling faster than the speed of light.This is assuming that the information did not stumble upon a black hole and is lost forever.

Secondly,As you know from the theory of special relativity,we canot travel faster than the speed of light. The more you accelerate,the heavier you become,the more energy you need.Its a vicious cycle.

But you can take comfort knowing that we "watch" the past everyday.light from the sun takes 8 mins to reach,meaning everytime you look at it,.your seeing the way it looked 8 minutes ago.Infact if our sun was to suddenly disappear,we would not notice anything until 8 minutes later.

many of the stars in our sky are thousands of light years away.So we are seeing them how they looked thousands or millions of years ago.
Re: Time Machine Finally Invented by theseeker2: 12:19pm On Dec 15, 2009
come to think of it! Information can actually travel faster than the speed of light. Like in the case of an entangled pair where information can travel btw the particles at faster than light speed
Re: Time Machine Finally Invented by justcool(m): 10:07pm On Dec 15, 2009
Deep Sight:

Folding spacetime is a scientific kindergarten fantasy.

See the discussion here -

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-362859.0.html

@ deepsight,
I agree with you. One aspect of space-folding idea that people always fail to realize it that space-folding entails or suggests the notion that the future is set in stone, thus predestination. If you can travel to the future by folding-space that means that the future already exists. But this is not so! We make the future as we go along, the future does not already exist somewhere waiting for us to arrive.

I cant believe that the same scientists who are telling us that there is no such thing as predestination are telling us space-folding. Are they now agreeing with some religious fanatics who believe that God has already written our future in stone, and therefore our future does not depend on us. This idea precludes the idea that we human have free will.

Honestly it takes more blind faith to believe in the space-folding theory than it takes to believe some of the ridiculous religions beliefs of today.

Has science finally crossed the boundary of realistic observation and step into the zone of blind faith?
Re: Time Machine Finally Invented by theseeker2: 8:37am On Dec 16, 2009
if you had taken enough time to review the posts on this thread, you would notice that the focus in on travel to the past and not the future. Future travel seem like voodoo physics to me to
Re: Time Machine Finally Invented by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 16, 2009
Really interesting thread here! I stumbled on it and loved reading thru. When I saw the first posting, and read the poster explain his attempts at seeing the past without "wormholes" I immediately knew he was going the seeing-reflected-light way. Everyone has said the obvious, seeing such reflected light warrants travelling at a speed greater than light's and this apparently isn't physics for now. The speed at which things can travel is apparently limited.
The poster doesn't understand the wormhole theory or folding-space theory. The theory doesn't suggest travelling to the future (that appears to be a bias on the poster's side). Thus it isn't "ridiculous".
The theory is definitely realistic, in fact very. Look at mercury and you will see that it's moving on a rather different orbit, not because it wants to, but it simply has to move the shortest path available to it; and because the sun has seriously bent the space-time around it, mercury has to follow a seemingly strange path which is it's shortest. If space shuttles find shorter routes via bent space-time to farther planets, then they can travel at normal speeds or close to light speeds and get to their destination faster than they would have if they had followed normal course.

I think what bent space and wormholes mainly suggest is quicker travel in space and perhaps faster travel between universes. For now, nature has bent space-time, perhaps in the future man would be able to bend space-time just has he had been able to create artificial lakes and seas. Never rule this out!
About bending space-time to see the future, perhaps you can't. But bending space-time to get to farther destinations faster can enable an astronaut know what will happen at Alpha Centauri before those on earth get wind of it. Is that not seeing the future?
Bending space-time is serious business in the scientific community. Seeing reflected light is probably much more improbable to yield results. For one, the poster cannot tell if living beings are on Alpha Centauri even though we see light from it as it was a little more than 4 years ago. Neither can he tell what colour of plants there are on it, if there plants on it at all. Above all, the poster has not factored in the problem of sound. Sound cannot travel in space because it needs a material medium for travel. If you talk and you have echoes, these dissipate after a while and you can never recover them again. Moreover, astronauts on the moon if they were to talk to one another without the aid of electronic gadgets will not hear each other. Even if one is able to analyse the light (which is still very improbable, because they would be pretty waned and seriously shifted in the spectrum), one cannot get sound.

Another very good solution to this problem of the past as it is (not future) is for man to stop whining about 6000 year ago. This is only for those present now. We are and have been documenting issues on video and tv, recordings are being carried out and good news is these are being preserved. 200,000 years from now when man has seriously advanced and 6000 years means nothing any more, people living then will have concrete information about the past and will be able to posit theories referring to this information. 4,000,000 years from now can only be better!!! smiley

For(e) seeing the future, I'll take a break
Re: Time Machine Finally Invented by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 16, 2009
Still on the reflected-light hypothesis, scientists though receive light from Alpha Centauri still can't tell details on the planets which may be orbiting it. If we could use light reflected from earth to get information about who lived on earth and when and perhaps also see the dinosaurs ( as the poster suggested), then we might very well first try this for Alpha Centauri which is most promising. But then we don't even have details on the planets surrouding it, or if there may be living beings on this!
Re: Time Machine Finally Invented by theseeker2: 3:07pm On Dec 16, 2009
@Sauer, brilliant post!
Re: Time Machine Finally Invented by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 16, 2009
Thanks the_seeker. I like this post and would love to make more comments.

One other thing the poster has apparently not considered is that the earth does not emit it's own light source, but bounces of light rays from the sun. Some are therefore absorbed by the earth's atmosphere and also its surface. The fraction reflected is still even smaller.
This will have a corresponding effect on measurement.
Looking at the earth some great distance away, we will be seeing our sun more clearly than we would earth, mars or jupiter at all. Thus, the light we would be receiving will be coming mainly from the sun and not from earth. At least 98% of light we receive will come from the sun. An observer far away may not even see our earth!
Our difficult it will be then trying to extract light information which belongs to the earth.
Moreover, as the reflected light is travelling in all directions and the surface area per unit photon reflected off earth (due to spherical nature of earth) increases dramatically, we would have related photons separated by many light years over the same area of space. I don't know if you understand my explanation here.
One thing is, this theory is highly unlikey for time travel; and that's why it hasn't been considered by scientists desperate for solutions.

I think we should have more threads like this on nairaland, so people can contribute even more. I'd like to throw more into the open. Sadly, nairaland does not have a science forum!!
Re: Time Machine Finally Invented by justcool(m): 9:24pm On Dec 16, 2009
sauer:

Really interesting thread here! I stumbled on it and loved reading thru. When I saw the first posting, and read the poster explain his attempts at seeing the past without "wormholes" I immediately knew he was going the seeing-reflected-light way. Everyone has said the obvious, seeing such reflected light warrants travelling at a speed greater than light's and this apparently isn't physics for now. The speed at which things can travel is apparently limited.
The poster doesn't understand the wormhole theory or folding-space theory. The theory doesn't suggest travelling to the future (that appears to be a bias on the poster's side). Thus it isn't "ridiculous".
The theory is definitely realistic, in fact very. Look at mercury and you will see that it's moving on a rather different orbit, not because it wants to, but it simply has to move the shortest path available to it; and because the sun has seriously bent the space-time around it, mercury has to follow a seemingly strange path which is it's shortest. If space shuttles find shorter routes via bent space-time to farther planets, then they can travel at normal speeds or close to light speeds and get to their destination faster than they would have if they had followed normal course.

I think what bent space and wormholes mainly suggest is quicker travel in space and perhaps faster travel between universes. For now, nature has bent space-time, perhaps in the future man would be able to bend space-time just has he had been able to create artificial lakes and seas. Never rule this out!
About bending space-time to see the future, perhaps you can't. But bending space-time to get to farther destinations faster can enable an astronaut know what will happen at Alpha Centauri before those on earth get wind of it. Is that not seeing the future?
Bending space-time is serious business in the scientific community. Seeing reflected light is probably much more improbable to yield results. For one, the poster cannot tell if living beings are on Alpha Centauri even though we see light from it as it was a little more than 4 years ago. Neither can he tell what colour of plants there are on it, if there plants on it at all. Above all, the poster has not factored in the problem of sound. Sound cannot travel in space because it needs a material medium for travel. If you talk and you have echoes, these dissipate after a while and you can never recover them again. Moreover, astronauts on the moon if they were to talk to one another without the aid of electronic gadgets will not hear each other. Even if one is able to analyse the light (which is still very improbable, because they would be pretty waned and seriously shifted in the spectrum), one cannot get sound.

Another very good solution to this problem of the past as it is (not future) is for man to stop whining about 6000 year ago. This is only for those present now. We are and have been documenting issues on video and tv, recordings are being carried out and good news is these are being preserved. 200,000 years from now when man has seriously advanced and 6000 years means nothing any more, people living then will have concrete information about the past and will be able to posit theories referring to this information. 4,000,000 years from now can only be better!!! smiley

For(e) seeing the future, I'll take a break

@sauser
Brilliant post. However, your explanation of Mercury's obit does not explain the space-folding which scientists talk about when they talk about traveling to the future via a wormhole. What you explained was Einstein's theory on how gravity works. I completely understand that, as much as I agree with Einstein. A large object creates a dent or an indentation on the space-time fabric, this dent traps other objects or bodies. This is how the sun trapped the planets in our soler system. This is well understood.
Also, your conclusion that since Large bodies can bend or indent the space-time man can also bend space time may not be true. Man cannot do everything that nature does; there will always remain many things that nature does which man cannever dream of doing. Just because nature forms stars (like the sun) does not mean that one day man will be able to make stars like the sun.
Also consider the energy and mass of the sun, then consider the amount of dent that the sun makes on the space-time fabric. This dent or bending that our humongous sun made is still very little compared with the amount bending that is needed to make man travel to the future or the past.
Travelling to the future is completely out of the question because the does not exist already made. We make the future as we go along; so how can you travel to a place that does not exist?
But anyway, thanks a lot. I like your explanation of the space-fold theory. But I what you explained is not exactly what the scientists or proponents of that theory mean. They claim that theoretically, via wormholes, man can actually travel to the future if he can bend space-time fabric.
Another thing that, perhaps you haven't considered, is that it may be very impossible for anything to pass through a wormhole and remain intact.

sauer:

Thanks the_seeker. I like this post and would love to make more comments.

One other thing the poster has apparently not considered is that the earth does not emit it's own light source, but bounces of light rays from the sun. Some are therefore absorbed by the earth's atmosphere and also its surface. The fraction reflected is still even smaller.
This will have a corresponding effect on measurement.
Looking at the earth some great distance away, we will be seeing our sun more clearly than we would earth, mars or jupiter at all. Thus, the light we would be receiving will be coming mainly from the sun and not from earth. At least 98% of light we receive will come from the sun. An observer far away may not even see our earth!
Our difficult it will be then trying to extract light information which belongs to the earth.
Moreover, as the reflected light is travelling in all directions and the surface area per unit photon reflected off earth (due to spherical nature of earth) increases dramatically, we would have related photons separated by many light years over the same area of space. I don't know if you understand my explanation here.
One thing is, this theory is highly unlikey for time travel; and that's why it hasn't been considered by scientists desperate for solutions.

I think we should have more threads like this on nairaland, so people can contribute even more. I'd like to throw more into the open. Sadly, nairaland does not have a science forum!!

Another brilliant post. But every concern that you raised was addressed in my OP. I never said that the earth emits lights. What I was talking about was "light that the earth reflected." Also about not being able to see things on earth through this light due to distance, reread my post and you will see that I wrote it in the assumption that scientists invent a telescopic camera. With telescopic camera things that are very far away can be seen to minutest detail. It all depends on the magnification power of the telescope. I know we don't have telescopes powerful enough to see other galaxies yet; but keeping in mind that mankind have invented telescopes, it will not be a dream to expect that someday they will develop telescopes as powerful enough as to see so far away. Afterall scientists have been increasing the power of the telescope every year. You cannot compare the Telescope that Galileo or Copernicus used with the telescope that NASA use today.

But thanks for a wonderful and brilliant contribution. I respect your knowledge of science.
Re: Time Machine Finally Invented by Akanniade(m): 9:41am On Dec 17, 2009
I recommend the book Physics of the imposible by Michio Kaku to you all.
Re: Time Machine Finally Invented by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 23, 2009
justcool:

@sauser
Brilliant post. However, your explanation of Mercury's obit does not explain the space-folding which scientists talk about when they talk about traveling to the future via a wormhole. What you explained was Einstein's theory on how gravity works. I completely understand that, as much as I agree with Einstein. A large object creates a dent or an indentation on the space-time fabric, this dent traps other objects or bodies. This is how the sun trapped the planets in our soler system. This is well understood.
Also, your conclusion that since Large bodies can bend or indent the space-time man can also bend space time may not be true. Man cannot do everything that nature does; there will always remain many things that nature does which man cannever dream of doing. Just because nature forms stars (like the sun) does not mean that one day man will be able to make stars like the sun.
Also consider the energy and mass of the sun, then consider the amount of dent that the sun makes on the space-time fabric. This dent or bending that our humongous sun made is still very little compared with the amount bending that is needed to make man travel to the future or the past.
Travelling to the future is completely out of the question because the does not exist already made. We make the future as we go along; so how can you travel to a place that does not exist?
But anyway, thanks a lot. I like your explanation of the space-fold theory. But I what you explained is not exactly what the scientists or proponents of that theory mean. They claim that theoretically, via wormholes, man can actually travel to the future if he can bend space-time fabric.
Another thing that, perhaps you haven't considered, is that it may be very impossible for anything to pass through a wormhole and remain intact.

Another brilliant post. But every concern that you raised was addressed in my OP. I never said that the earth emits lights. What I was talking about was "light that the earth reflected." Also about not being able to see things on earth through this light due to distance, reread my post and you will see that I wrote it in the assumption that scientists invent a telescopic camera. With telescopic camera things that are very far away can be seen to minutest detail. It all depends on the magnification power of the telescope. I know we don't have telescopes powerful enough to see other galaxies yet; but keeping in mind that mankind have invented telescopes, it will not be a dream to expect that someday they will develop telescopes as powerful enough as to see so far away. Afterall scientists have been increasing the power of the telescope every year. You cannot compare the Telescope that Galileo or Copernicus used with the telescope that NASA use today.

But thanks for a wonderful and brilliant contribution. I respect your knowledge of science.

Coming late, nevertheless. I am inclined to think you are being naive about this. If, in your opinion, man will be able to create "telescopic" cameras (still not so clear though) which will be able to analyse the tiniest bits of photons, why should he have already been able to bend space-time?

You say, "However, your explanation of Mercury's obit does not explain the space-folding which scientists talk about when they talk about traveling to the future via a wormhole", but then you are leaving the point out that this is still not accepted by the whole scientific community. There are proponents for sure; but I'll also doubt the possibility of being able to see into the future of one man who has freewill and can choose to do the exact opposite of what that travelling though a wormhole as revealed as his future. But you leave one thing out: the future of the sun is to a great extent certain, so is the future of many other stars and of our earth, and perhaps of the universe. Of course, you know it takes 8 minutes for the sun's rays to reach us, which means that anyone who can be at the source will know what's happening before us. Is there a way we also can know this before the required 8 minutes? Now, suppose light rays travel in a straight line to us meaning it takes 8 minutes to reach us; if anyone can make these same light rays travel through a bent path (with space-time bent, light will still travel at the same speed, but will required shorter time to travel), then we might be able to know in advance what had happened to the sun. Doesn't this sound plausible?
In addition, you do not consider that this wormhole theory is a direct consequence of Einstein's equations of general relativity. Perhaps wormhole is impossible, one thing is certain: it isn't a wanton creation meant to satisfy some time travel fantasy. Rather, it is a direct consequence of proven equations, more like rocket science (rocket travel & espace velocity) is a direct consequence of Newton's equations and the atomic bomb a direct consequence of Einstein's famous e=mc2. So, do not think scientists are merely speculating when they talk about wormholes. Please check the internet for more details on this.

Will also like to tell you never to underestimate the power of man. I believe it is possible to do anything: just think about 4,000,000 years from now and tell me if we will still be living like we are now! Don't think man can't create an artificial sun which burns even brighter than the present one.
Please refer to this info: The hottest artificial temperature was probably reached by the "z machine" (an x-ray generator) in Sandia National Laboratories, which generated a higher temperature than in the core of the sun.
The core of the sun is about 27×106 °F (27 million Fahrenheit, or 15×106 °C). The "z machine" reached 6,600×106 °F (6,600 million Fahrenheit, or 6.6 billion Fahrenheit, or 3.7×109 °C) .
www.sandia.gov/media/z290.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z_machine

Am sorry I got your posting wrong with the "earth emitting no light". But, sorry, your telescopic camera is very improbable. Even if you are able to see things to the minutest details, you will only see component parts of atoms; and here, we are talking of light years away. Forget it! I would never put my money on this. What will this telescopic cameras see, jesus as he's preaching to his disciples? the dinosaurs roaming the earth? No. They will see light, galaxies, details of comets. With all the light all these things are emitted, where will be the light which was once reflected from earth? And do you also know that there's a lot of dense cloud in space? These clouds absorb light making it difficult even to observe them, which is why info is sometimes gotten in using infra-red telescopes. I bet we might not even be able to get the latest info contained in light just reflected from earth some minutes ago.
Did you also take into consideration the fact that earth absorbs some of sun's light? with the plants and animals using them for food and warmth? Have you ever seen a picture of the earth from space which shows "a glowing earth" so that we might suppose that "oh! there's reflected light from the earth to be observed"?
Consider my argument that we should do this for planets close to Alpha Centauri before we ever think of doing it for our earth. These are just my points. smiley

Want to know the best way to invent a time machine? Patience! We already have videos and are recording invents. CNN has a huge archive, both on ground and on the net. Many other stations and individuals and museums also have. When it comes to it, these archives will never be destroyed but kept and preserved, even, I dare say, 4,000,000 years from now. Conversation science will only have to keep up with it. People then will have unrestricted access to the past and will also be able to participate in it using virtual reality. By this time (4,000,000 years from now), 6,000 years will be like a drop in the ocean! cool
Re: Time Machine Finally Invented by ilosiwaju: 1:08pm On May 13, 2010
mama-gee:

Serious Chemistry lesson is going on here. grin grin
Chemistry ke? Oh Lord, save us from mama-gee.
Re: Time Machine Finally Invented by tevez32: 8:30am On Nov 24, 2010
of course this is beyond probable- but if the OP would scale down his ambition and accept an audible history instead of a visible one- the numbers become a 'little' more manageable.

Aside from the amplification issues of dwindling sound -if we built such an amplifier - and transported it at the speed of light it would take 8 years to catch up with the sound that was emitted during the sermon on the mount.

However, you'd then have to retrieve it- which would mean another 8 years journey back to earth.

By which time funding for the project would have been cut and we'd forget to pick it up. wink
Re: Time Machine Finally Invented by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 24, 2010
Time-Space Continuum is not a trivial matter to discuss in a public medium as this. The Time Watchers are constantly monitoring Time Streams for anomalies and such a discussion will surely catch their attention. Just watch out for the odd glitch in your daily events like Dejavu. and wham!! they got you. I have long destroyed my TimeStreamer and encoded the Anti-matter Recyclers so they cannot emit wormhole energies. grin which iswhy i can tell you what comes after this post grin
Re: Time Machine Finally Invented by tevez32: 9:00pm On Nov 24, 2010
he is a notoriously bad time traveller however so he may have already done so.
Re: Time Machine Finally Invented by theseeker2: 3:20am On Dec 04, 2011
Now that the large haldron collider has hinted the possibility of faster than light neutrinos, time travel will be more of a possibilty
Re: Time Machine Finally Invented by plaetton: 6:34am On Dec 04, 2011
My kind of post:
Here are my 2 cents.

1st:
Bending space- time is not as complicated as it might seem. You see, time and space only appear linear from our 3 dimension perspective. It has been theorized that time and space are like folded fabrics. If you want to go from one end of the fabric to another inch by inch, you can, but it is shorter to just to move across the folds to different areas.
If we want to travel long distances in space, we simply jump into another dimension where space and time are frozen(so to speak), and just skip to our desired destination without spending any time , traversing any distance , or using any energy in our three dimensional domain.
Theoretically, there are exotic super- conducting particles that have the properties to defy gravity as well as distort space and time. They are called mono-atomic particles of the rare and heavy elements such as iridium, paladium, gold.etc.Experiments have been successfully conducted and patents already taken for these exotic materials and the processes. At certain temperatures, these materials are said to weigh zero on a scale. Yes zero. This implies that these materials are able to move their mass into another dimension and back, basically tearing into space and time.
2nd:
The human brain tissue, under microscopic examination is said to be made of billions of super-conducting crystals made of the same heavy elements previously mentioned. If so, we therefore have within our brain, the potential to transcend space and time into other dimensions. We already do a little of that,albeit unconsciously, when we dream. Our dreams always seem distorted and meaningless because our brain , when confronted with the unknown, tryies to use its database of memories in an attempt to interpret its encounters in other dimensions.
Thought travels faster than light. If we knew how to , we can focus our thoughts and chase after and catch up with relections of light from the past. In Tibetan legends, it is said that the Avatars, during deep meditations,can project thoughts into the past towards the reflected lights stored in the hall of records called the Akashic records.
So if properly tuned to the right frequency or octave, we can project our thoughts beyond space and time.
3rd:
The Hubble telescope, deployed in 1990, and now positioned in deep space , uses its infra-red vision to look nine billion years back in time. It was through the Hubble that astrophysicist were able to calculate the rate of expansion of the universe.

@ op: your idea is already in operation.

Re: Time Machine Finally Invented by justcool(m): 8:18am On Dec 04, 2011
@plaetton
The above is as brilliant as it is educative. I'm particularly impressed your 2nd point where you talked about the brain and thoughts. To me that is in accord with what I already know about the laws of creation, the operation of the human brain and the nature of thoughts, which scientists are every moving close to completely apprehending.

I will research on the issue of heavy metals shifting their masses to another dimension. That is very interesting!

Thanks
Re: Time Machine Finally Invented by theseeker2: 10:24am On Dec 04, 2011
Some russian scientist did intresting researh of mass shifting properties of metal and even leviation as far back as the 60's. I think boeing is currently researching simikar technolgy for their antigravity propulsion systems
Re: Time Machine Finally Invented by plaetton: 3:51pm On Dec 04, 2011
the_seeker:

Some russian scientist did intresting researh of mass shifting properties of metal and even leviation as far back as the 60's. I think boeing is currently researching simikar technolgy for their antigravity propulsion systems

Yes.
Much research has been done in this area and much progress has been made. The reasons that much of it is not in the public domain is obvious. Super-conductivity and anti-gravity propulsion systems would mean free energy. If energy is free, then no one makes a profit, and if no one makes a profit, then the present economic order would inevitably collapse and a new economic order would ensue that may not gurantee world economic and political dominance for the western nations. This prospect is very very scary for western nations and the mega-multinationals that run them. Human nature is still human nature.
Though humankind has made giant strides in scientific and technological advancement, our mental and spiritual advancement still lags far behind.
Re: Time Machine Finally Invented by theseeker2: 4:06pm On Dec 04, 2011
plaetton:

Yes.
Much research has been done in this area and much progress has been made. The reasons that much of it is not in the public domain is obvious. Super-conductivity and anti-gravity propulsion systems would mean free energy. If energy is free, then no one makes a profit, and if no one makes a profit, then the present economic order would inevitably collapse and a new economic order would ensue that may not gurantee world economic and political dominance for the western nations. This prospect is very very scary for western nations and the mega-multinationals that run them. Human nature is still human nature.
Though humankind has made giant strides in scientific and technological advancement, our mental and spiritual advancement still lags far behind.

Yes, this make me think of ancient mega-civilizations like the mayans, aztecs, egyptians, gobekli tepe. the wonderment of their achievments make one want to belive they had knowledge of such exotic technology
Re: Time Machine Finally Invented by plaetton: 4:50pm On Dec 04, 2011
the_seeker:

Yes, this make me think of ancient mega-civilizations like the mayans, aztecs, egyptians, gobekli tepe. the wonderment of their achievments make one want to belive they had knowledge of such exotic technology
Yes indeed. I dont want to derail the tis thread, but much of exotic technology can be found in sacred books of ancient people. When critically examining the construction of the ark of covenant(egyptian technology) in the bible, many scientists are of the opinion that was being constructed was a high voltage super-conducting ARC. The device levited.The priests had to wear copper plated special clothes to protect them from radiation. Those who dare to come near it or touch it without protection were instantly killed by radiation or voltage surges.

Since these exotic materials could render matter weightless, it may also explain how the ancients were able to haul and build massive stone monuments in ways that we cannot even duplicate today.

Re: Time Machine Finally Invented by DeepSight(m): 11:36am On Dec 05, 2011
plaetton:

My kind of post:
Here are my 2 cents.

1st:
Bending space- time is not as complicated as it might seem. You see, time and space only appear linear from our 3 dimension perspective. It has been theorized that time and space are like folded fabrics. If you want to go from one end of the fabric to another inch by inch, you can, but it is shorter to just to move across the folds to different areas.

Are you sure this is not a fantasy? Please review the short discussion here -

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-362859.0.html#msg5064522

If we want to travel long distances in space, we simply jump into another dimension where space and time are frozen(so to speak), and just skip to our desired destination without spending any time , traversing any distance , or using any energy in our three dimensional domain.

Makes sense - I'd sooner accept this than the idea of bending spacetime. . . .

Theoretically, there are exotic super- conducting particles that have the properties to defy gravity as well as distort space and time. They are called mono-atomic particles of the rare and heavy elements such as iridium, paladium, gold.etc.Experiments have been successfully conducted and patents already taken for these exotic materials and the processes. At certain temperatures, these materials are said to weigh zero on a scale. Yes zero. This implies that these materials are able to move their mass into another dimension and back, basically tearing into space and time.

Very interesting.

2nd:
The human brain tissue, under microscopic examination is said to be made of billions of super-conducting crystals made of the same heavy elements previously mentioned. If so, we therefore have within our brain, the potential to transcend space and time into other dimensions. We already do a little of that,albeit unconsciously, when we dream. Our dreams always seem distorted and meaningless because our brain , when confronted with the unknown, tryies to use its database of memories in an attempt to interpret its encounters in other dimensions.
Thought travels faster than light. If we knew how to , we can focus our thoughts and chase after and catch up with relections of light from the past. In Tibetan legends, it is said that the Avatars, during deep meditations,can project thoughts into the past towards the reflected lights stored in the hall of records called the Akashic records.
So if properly tuned to the right frequency or octave, we can project our thoughts beyond space and time.

Even more interesting; I love the way you bring a scientific spin to spiritual / extra-dimensional experiences. I am quite surprised actually. I never expected you to countenance the spiritual. I will have to study you more closely.
Re: Time Machine Finally Invented by DeepSight(m): 11:44am On Dec 05, 2011
plaetton:

I am really gobsmacked. Do you believe in the spiritual? What does it mean for you. Whence does it arise?
Re: Time Machine Finally Invented by plaetton: 3:46pm On Dec 05, 2011
@Deepsight:
Ofcourse I beleive in the spiritual, but perahps not in the same way that you do. I consider myself highly spiritual. For an athiest,that may seem like a contradiction. But I have always maintained that athiesm is not a philosophical proposition, just a condition of doubt.
I prefer the scientific approach to understanding the universe ,including the spiritual component,because it has proven itself to be more reliable than the philosophical and the religious approaches. It would be more satisfying for me to find god by dint of scientific study than by accepting god through faith, philosophy or wishful fantasy.
Science and religion where once one and the same. The ancient Egyptians and other ancient civilizations conveyed most of their scientific knowledge via religious lore. Science was forced to part ways and divorce itself from religion soon after the advent of roman universal church some 2000yrs ago.
Many spiritual concepts may be demonstrated by using known or yet to be discovered scientific principles , especially now ,in the new field of hyper-dimensional physics.
Re: Time Machine Finally Invented by DeepSight(m): 4:17pm On Dec 05, 2011
Works. What's your take on the issue of bending spacetime a sdiscussed in the link i provided up there?
Re: Time Machine Finally Invented by DeepSight(m): 4:20pm On Dec 05, 2011
Second question: does it balance out to consider oneself "highly spiritual" and simultaenously reject the notion of a spiritual source of all things?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-357796.0.html
Re: Time Machine Finally Invented by plaetton: 4:42pm On Dec 05, 2011
Deep Sight:

Works. What's your take on the issue of bending spacetime a sdiscussed in the link i provided up there?
I'll have to take time to read and fully digest it. Will offer my take on it later.
Re: Time Machine Finally Invented by plaetton: 3:53am On Dec 06, 2011
Deep Sight:

Second question: does it balance out to consider oneself "highly spiritual" and simultaenously reject the notion of a spiritual source of all things?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-357796.0.html

Most athiests deny spirituality simply because the word "spirituality" usually implies subjective notions, experiences mixed with old fables, superstitions etc. Things that , by their very nature, cannot stand up to any kind of objective scrutiny.
For me, being spiritual means that I have the  awareness that all matter are interconnected . All are parts of one singualrity expressing itself through different frequencies of motion. As an athiest, I do not believe that a conscious being stands apart from  existence, rather, I see just one consciousness that permeates all that exists. My argument has always been that the unverse, as we understand it today, may not have needed a conscious being ,standing aside from it ,to create it. That is probably where we differ.
We now know that matter exists in many more states than the solid, liguid and gaseous states that we were taught in school. The existence of realities beyond the realms of our physical perceptions is now generally accepted.
Back earlier when I wrote about the mono-atomic states of heavy metals such as iridium, paladium, gold etc, I forgot to mention that ,also during the experiments on these substances, it was reported that at  certain conditions, 14% of the substance disappeared in a flash of light and was never recovered. It did not burn, it simply changed into light.This means that at one point, this mass was convered into pure white light.  My understanding from that is that matter has a light or  ethereal component. Matter and energy are interconvertible, so same would also apply to body and spirit.

If our brain is a super-conductor that is just operating at its minimum capacity, it means ,like I suggested previously, that we, though confined to a three-dimensional reality,  are multi-dimensional beings capable of making  quantum leaps into other dimensions of existence. That for me, is the spiritual component of man. I am in full agreement with  pastor A0I that our brain confines us to a 3 dimensional reality and defines the boundaries. That is why mind-altering drugs alter reality.
Re: Time Machine Finally Invented by Joagbaje(m): 5:56am On Dec 06, 2011
This time machine idea sound nice, but the reason its not possible,is the fact that there's no craft to take one to such distant of broadcast from the earth. Even if one is invented, it will not get there in this generation or generation to come. It will take thousands of years to get to the destination before mounting satellite for broadcast. That means children will be born on the journey, grow up ,to becom old men ,and die,their children children  to thousand generation will be the one to get there. Besides a real time photo is not the same as light. Light may travel,sound may travel but real time event don't travel.if you go to any height and zoom on the earth,the pictures you will see will be real time event. Not history,not even yesterday. But it would have been nice if it were possible, we would know who killed Kennedy.but it's not possible.
Re: Time Machine Finally Invented by DeepSight(m): 10:37am On Dec 06, 2011
plaetton:

Most athiests deny spirituality simply because the word "spirituality" usually implies subjective notions, experiences mixed with old fables, superstitions etc. Things that , by their very nature, cannot stand up to any kind of objective scrutiny.
For me, being spiritual means that I have the awareness that all matter are interconnected . All are parts of one singualrity expressing itself through different frequencies of motion. As an athiest, I do not believe that a conscious being stands apart from existence, rather, I see just one consciousness that permeates all that exists. My argument has always been that the unverse, as we understand it today, may not have needed a conscious being ,standing aside from it ,to create it. That is probably where we differ.
We now know that matter exists in many more states than the solid, liguid and gaseous states that we were taught in school. The existence of realities beyond the realms of our physical perceptions is now generally accepted.
Back earlier when I wrote about the mono-atomic states of heavy metals such as iridium, paladium, gold etc, I forgot to mention that ,also during the experiments on these substances, it was reported that at certain conditions, 14% of the substance disappeared in a flash of light and was never recovered. It did not burn, it simply changed into light.This means that at one point, this mass was convered into pure white light. My understanding from that is that matter has a light or ethereal component. Matter and energy are interconvertible, so same would also apply to body and spirit.

If our brain is a super-conductor that is just operating at its minimum capacity, it means ,like I suggested previously, that we, though confined to a three-dimensional reality, are multi-dimensional beings capable of making quantum leaps into other dimensions of existence. That for me, is the spiritual component of man. I am in full agreement with pastor A0I that our brain confines us to a 3 dimensional reality and defines the boundaries. That is why mind-altering drugs alter reality.

Fantastic.

Nevertheless, this, you must perforce accede - does not qualify as atheism - for the simple reason that Theism is not constricted to the idea of a being standing aside from creation/ existence. There are many schools of theism that see the the worlds themselves as part and parcel - indeed - the same as and identical to the ONE being that is - which is gravely similar to what you describe.

Here, an example -

Pantheism is the view that the Universe (Nature) and God (or divinity) are identical.[1] Pantheists thus do not believe in a personal, anthropomorphic or creator god. The word derives from the Greek (pan) meaning "all" and the Greek (theos) meaning "God". As such, Pantheism denotes the idea that "God" is best seen as a process of relating to the Universe.[2] Although there are divergences within Pantheism, the central ideas found in almost all versions are the Cosmos as an all-encompassing unity and the sacredness of Nature.

There is no official universal symbol for all types of Pantheism, but one icon is used by the World Pantheist Movement (WPM): the spiral as seen in the curves of the nautilus shell, or in the spiral arms of a galaxy, showing the link between the cosmic physical and the biological. The spiral represents a variety of things: it means evolution, eternity, spirituality, growth.[3] Sometimes the Nautilus spiral alone is used; it embodies the Fibonacci series and the golden ratio.[4]In Pantheism, God is identical with the universe, but in Panentheism God lies within and also beyond or outside of the universe.[5]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantheism

I would dearly love to hear justcool's take on the substances that flash into light. Justcool, the master of analogy, where art thou?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do We Serve God?or Does God Serve Us? / Nuclearboy . . . On Abraham, Genesis 14 / Quick Question For Those Who Don't Believe God Exists.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.