Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,257 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

This Igbo guy ohhh! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / This Igbo guy ohhh! (4494 Views)

(pic)could This Igbo Girl Be The Finest Nigerian Lady Literally Speaking??? / Ladies No Dey Shame Again Ohhh.. / Chei! This Girl Don Finish Guys Ohhh!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Igbo guy ohhh! by fiswu: 12:53am On Dec 11, 2009
I'm a tall, black, beautiful (with figure 8 ) and educated Haitian girl (about to end my degree in engineering) who met a 25 years old igbo man from a good family (still attending university) 2 years ago at an university campus. He is a charming and handsome guy also. When we first met he seemed very nice, but around this period of time he had stood me up so many times and always came back with an excuse and promises to make it up to me. We have stop talking to each other so many times because of his attitude. After a while, He finally claimed that it was  because he wasn't stable, but the last time we met, he told me he is now.

Last summer he begged me to come visit him because we're not leaving in the same state (he was supposed to come but again financial issues). He seemed move and very happy when I finally got there. We spent a good time (without intimacy, I did allow him), and he even paraded me in front of his friends. During my stay, he made me listen to songs which say that I'm the type of girl he was looking for, but he didn't talk to me directly; he also said that I'll bring money to his family with no further explanations. Moreover, I discovered that I more than like him, and he likes me also. He has always refused a platonic friendship though.

My problem is that I don't understand him. He keeps claiming that everything that happens between us is meant to be, but he is still acting weird. In the beginning, I admit that I wasn't easy on his ego. I even told him that he didn't fit in my category, so I would never have something to do with him (I was angry because of his attitude). Since I realized that I was wrong I started checking up on him once each week by calls/texts, but he reciprocate only if I stop for a long time.

Sometimes when I call or send him a text he does not answer. Finally, I confronted him and gave him a choice (no more communication vs showing respect). He told me that everything was alright and we should keep in touch. I'm just confused because I don't play games.

People, I need your opinions, please!
Re: This Igbo guy ohhh! by Parohfrey(f): 1:24am On Dec 11, 2009
The story tells itself - he doesnt want you, and for the culture, it will be hard, igbo to haitian, your kids will be called igbhatians.
Re: This Igbo guy ohhh! by mamagee3(f): 1:34am On Dec 11, 2009
What was all that essay for? undecided
Re: This Igbo guy ohhh! by sjeezy8: 1:38am On Dec 11, 2009
I stopped reading cause its so many damn [b](blah blah blah)[/b]parentheses lipsrsealed, thats sooo annoying
Re: This Igbo guy ohhh! by OgidiBoy(m): 1:40am On Dec 11, 2009
Someone pls summarize it for me sad
Re: This Igbo guy ohhh! by gongoaso1: 1:45am On Dec 11, 2009
Paroh_frey:

The story tells itself - he doesnt want you, and for the culture, it will be hard, igbo to haitian, your kids will be called igbhatians.

roflmao
got the kicks from trying to pronounce that shocked
grin grin grin
Re: This Igbo guy ohhh! by 190: 1:55am On Dec 11, 2009
fiswu:

I'm a tall, black, beautiful (with 8 figure) and educated Haitian girl (about to end my degree in engineering) who met a 25 years old igbo man from a good family (still university student) 2 years ago at an university campus. He is a charming and handsome guy also. When we first met he seemed very nice, but (around this period of time) he had stood me up so many times and always came back with an excuse (promised to make it up to me). We have stop talking so many times because of all this (he called until I answered). After a while, He finally claimed that it was because he wasn't stable (but the last time we saw each other, he told me he is now).

This summer I went to visit him because we're not leaving in the same state (he was suppose to come but again money problem). We spent a good time (no sex, I refused because we're not in a relationship), and he even paraded me in front of his friends. During my stay, he maked me listen to songs who says that I'm the type of girl he was looking for (he said nothing); he said that I'll bring money to his family (with no explanations). I also discovered that I more than like him, and he likes me also (he has always refused my friendship though).

My problem is that I don't understand him (he said he don't understand me neither). He keeps claiming that everything that happen between us is meant to be, but still acting weird. In the biginning, I admit that I wasn't easy on his ego. I even tell him that he don't fit in my category (so I'll never have anything to do with him- I was angry because of his attitude), but since I realised that I was wrong I started checking up on him once every week (calls/texts, he reciprocate only if I stop for a long time).

Sometimes when I call or send him a text he will not answer. Finally, I confronted him and give him a choice (no more contact or answer). He told me that everything was allright and we should keep in touch. I just don't understand because I don't play games.

People, I need your toughts on this matter, please!

Sumtin in me told me ure a primary 6 pupil~
Re: This Igbo guy ohhh! by Sauron1: 1:58am On Dec 11, 2009
fiswu:

I'm a tall, black, beautiful (with 8 figure) and educated Haitian girl (about to end my degree in engineering) who met a 25 years old igbo man from a good family (still university student) 2 years ago at an university campus. He is a charming and handsome guy also. When we first met he seemed very nice, but (around this period of time) he had stood me up so many times and always came back with an excuse (promised to make it up to me). We have stop talking so many times because of all this (he called until I answered). After a while, He finally claimed that it was because he wasn't stable (but the last time we saw each other, he told me he is now).

This summer I went to visit him because we're not leaving in the same state (he was suppose to come but again money problem). We spent a good time (no sex, I refused because we're not in a relationship), and he even paraded me in front of his friends. During my stay, he maked me listen to songs who says that I'm the type of girl he was looking for (he said nothing); he said that I'll bring money to his family (with no explanations). I also discovered that I more than like him, and he likes me also (he has always refused my friendship though).

My problem is that I don't understand him (he said he don't understand me neither). He keeps claiming that everything that happen between us is meant to be, but still acting weird. In the biginning, I admit that I wasn't easy on his ego. I even tell him that he don't fit in my category (so I'll never have anything to do with him- I was angry because of his attitude), but since I realised that I was wrong I started checking up on him once every week (calls/texts, he reciprocate only if I stop for a long time).

Sometimes when I call or send him a text he will not answer. Finally, I confronted him and give him a choice (no more contact or answer). He told me that everything was allright and we should keep in touch. I just don't understand because I don't play games.

People, I need your toughts on this matter, please!

Both of you are too immature to be in a relationship.
Concentrate on your mathematics and general science.
Re: This Igbo guy ohhh! by jejelolatu(f): 2:34am On Dec 11, 2009
Seriously, i think nlanders are abusing d "quote" function on NL, we are stil on d 1st page now, must u quote d essay bak to bak?

@OP
sincerely, i didnt read beyond d 1st paragraph, i dnt do long posts, moreso, i couldn't help wonderin if they speak english in haiti.

Sum1 can lyk to help her summarise.
Re: This Igbo guy ohhh! by fiswu: 3:08am On Dec 11, 2009
@jejelolatu 

French and creole. I'm still learning english. wink
Re: This Igbo guy ohhh! by tanimz(f): 3:21am On Dec 11, 2009
Paroh_frey:

LOLOLOLOOLL, what a name!
Re: This Igbo guy ohhh! by blandyne(f): 6:39am On Dec 11, 2009
@Poster
Listen you are not in High School anymore, you're about to have your degree so act like the young adult that you are. . . Just be straight with him and ask him if he wants to be in a relationship with you, simple as that.

And one more thing, what do you mean by "he said that i will bring money to his family".
Re: This Igbo guy ohhh! by fiswu: 6:51am On Dec 11, 2009
@blandyne

Thank you for your advice!

And one more thing, what do you mean by "he said that i will bring money to his family".

He didn't explain it to me.
Re: This Igbo guy ohhh! by Nobody: 7:02am On Dec 11, 2009
sjeezy8:

I stopped reading cause its so many damn [b](blah blah blah)[/b]parentheses lipsrsealed, thats sooo annoying

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: This Igbo guy ohhh! by jejelolatu(f): 7:58am On Dec 11, 2009
@fiswu,
if u are just learnin then welldone, you ar doing fine.
I undastand creole, cnt speak well tho.
Gurl, jst follow ur heart. If u think there is a problem, there is. If u think its ok , then its ok.
Re: This Igbo guy ohhh! by humblemate(m): 8:59am On Dec 11, 2009
jejelolatu:

@fiswu,
if u are just learnin then welldone, you ar doing fine.
I undastand creole, cnt speak well tho.
Gurl, jst follow your heart. If u think there is a problem, there is. If u think its ok , then its ok.
@ poster, I appreciate that english is u'r second or maybe third language. However, I advise that u follow u'r heart as sis Jejelolatu has siad, in addition I would advise U to also use u'r brain and give u'rself more time before drawing conclussions that will help u make a decision.
Re: This Igbo guy ohhh! by fiswu: 11:02pm On Dec 11, 2009
@humblemate and jejelolatu

Thanks a lot for your comments! This is what I did, but because of two different cultural upbringings, I would not like to be fool (or to be abused).
Re: This Igbo guy ohhh! by patwhizkid(f): 11:22pm On Dec 11, 2009
Fish + ewu= fiswu!
Re: This Igbo guy ohhh! by blackspade(m): 11:24pm On Dec 11, 2009
sjeezy8:

I stopped reading cause its so many damn (blah blah blah)[/b]parentheses lipsrsealed, thats sooo annoying

[b]+1
Re: This Igbo guy ohhh! by fiswu: 11:50pm On Dec 11, 2009
@patwhizkid , sjeezy8, OgidiBoy and mama-gee

Your opinion is also important to me. You can fully understand the meaning without reading the information in parentheses. smiley

@Paroh_frey, tanimz and gongo aso

lol!
Re: This Igbo guy ohhh! by Pweety4me(f): 3:51am On Dec 12, 2009
@Post Oh i thought it said What are your thoughts on a Igbo Guy? anywayz i ain't reading dat1 atleast not now. . . tongue
Re: This Igbo guy ohhh! by platinumnk(f): 5:29am On Dec 12, 2009
Haitians are decendents of Nigeria.
Re: This Igbo guy ohhh! by bubugul(f): 5:57am On Dec 12, 2009
nne! your story is too long, but i can tell you ,don't think anytin beyond knowing him. igbo guys donot get married untill 40
Re: This Igbo guy ohhh! by pureminded: 7:00pm On Dec 12, 2009
shocked
Re: This Igbo guy ohhh! by bubugul(f): 10:25pm On Dec 12, 2009
platinumnk:

Haitians are decendents of Nigeria.

well i donot know about that

Re: This Igbo guy ohhh! by fiswu: 10:51pm On Dec 12, 2009
@bubugul

platinumnk is right. We still celebrate in our culture the courage of the ibo (igbo) people and also the nago people (yoruba) among others.
Re: This Igbo guy ohhh! by bubugul(f): 12:12am On Dec 13, 2009
@fiswu
i still don't understand you, clear yourself
Re: This Igbo guy ohhh! by bubugul(f): 12:17am On Dec 13, 2009
mama-gee:

What was all that essay for? undecided
Don't you understand simple grammer?
she is telling a story of her life
Re: This Igbo guy ohhh! by fiswu: 1:09am On Dec 13, 2009
@bubugul

Haiti is a country built by former slaves that freed themselves from french owners. They were mostly from many different tribes of west Africa.  In the memory of the great sacrifices (war etc.) they did for the nation we still honor them as our fathers/ancestors. Thus, in our culture and collective memories,  we celebrate them by their music, dances and rituals.  Among them, there were people from Ibo (Igbo) tribe, Nago (Yoruba) tribe, Congo tribe etc.
Re: This Igbo guy ohhh! by atilla(m): 1:51am On Dec 13, 2009
The guy seems confused, maybe he has an inferiority complex and is just chasing you cause you are fine. Probably when you make the effort makes him feel good but he knows that he cant handle or take care of u, only show u as his tropy

I would advice you to forget about him, i bet even tho ur gone he will still be telling people ur his girlfriend and showing u off for years to come
Re: This Igbo guy ohhh! by fiswu: 2:22am On Dec 13, 2009
@atilla

This is a good point. I think that I didn't help him neither because I like being well-dressed and I love fashion. He even asked me several times where I got my money from because I made it clear that I'm an independent person.  I also got the question: are you rich? to which I answered no, but he's pretty sure that I lied. However, I remember once while we were talking  he suddenly told me: "One day, I'll run money on you".

Thanks so much  for sharing with me!
Re: This Igbo guy ohhh! by fiswu: 6:59am On Dec 14, 2009
Where are the Love doctors of NL? Where are the wise men and women? Where are the experimented warriors of NL? How come even the players are speechless (lol!)? Hit me with your feedback/advices/opinions guys!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Need am badly. / Never Hit A Woman: IS THERE EVER AN EXCEPTION?? / Vacancy: Husband Wanted. Only Serious Guys Pls.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.