Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,625 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

The Gamer Stereotype - Gaming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / The Gamer Stereotype (6262 Views)

Russian Gamer To Sue Fallout 4 After Losing His Job & Wife To His Addiction / Wife Auctions Off 'Gamer' Husband On Craigslist / How Do You Know A Hardcore Gamer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Gamer Stereotype by sanim16(m): 4:21pm On Feb 02, 2007
Gaming is the S**t and i dont think i will ever stop no matter the age, or will the passion ever reduce. Cartoons too especially animes. Just happy to know i still have bros and sis in the biz. grin grin cheesy
Re: The Gamer Stereotype by GTay(m): 3:58pm On Feb 09, 2007
Game Freak, ? lol i'll leave u guys to decide if i'm one.

Ma Parents neva really liked us playing games. and they neva did get us one
lol, i remember when both ma parents travelled one weekend, me n my brother borrowed a SNES
console from a friend with just 2 catridges (Donkey Kong+MK3). We practically stayed awake 24 hours in front of the t.v.
all we did waz go to the restroom and for food? we ate bread all along.

Another crazy incident i remember, i borrowed a GameBoy from a big bully in sec schl back then. Then guess what ? Ma dad seized it from me that same nite, He hid it in his room. I wz so scared of facin d bully d next day, cos he had only given me 4 a day. I did the craziest thin in my life, i sneaked in ma dad's room n searched every where for the game. i found it eventually where he hid it, now instead of me to jst return it quietly. i wz so tempted n started playin back in my room again and guess what, my dad opens the door and catches me red-handed with d game he had hidden so well.
i guess u knw what happnd, dt nite

i still play games rite now, but mostly on my laptop. i bin playing fifa since fifa 2002 n now am stuck on fifa 07. i also enjoy playin hitman, max payne, medal of honor. but my fav is always soccer games.

i rily dont tink playin games is childish. many games require adult thinkin. its also fun challenging friends on 2playa games. if ther's anythin i look 4wrd to , its playin these games with ma kids.
Re: The Gamer Stereotype by Gamine(f): 7:35pm On Feb 09, 2007
i rily don't think playin games is childish. many games require adult thinkin. its also fun challenging friends on 2playa games. if ther's anythin i look 4wrd to , its playin these games with ma kids.
i feel u GTay

i feel u grin
Re: The Gamer Stereotype by texazzpete(m): 7:46pm On Feb 09, 2007
@Gtay
Nice story! I too used to sneak into my dad's room to retrieve all my seized games. Not sure Solid Snake could do it better. I wasn't always successful however; 2 weeks ago my bro called me to say they found an old Game Boy in the house grin.

I think i saw my first video game in 1991 or so, my neighbours were playing Double dragon on NES, i was so tripped!! When the guy upgraded to SNES, i almsot became a part of the family, i kept dashing over there everyday. After the guy bouoght SF 2 turbo, you'd see like 40 pairs of slippers and shoes outside their door.

Funny enuff, i could never afford to get these games myself. When i finally saved up to buy a SNES, N64 and Psx came out. when i finally saved up to get a PSX, DReamcast came out, when i saved up for the DC, the Ps2 came out. I finally ended up buying 2 ps2s.

Now i've got a ps3 and an xbox360 and i hardly even have time to play 'em anymore grin
Re: The Gamer Stereotype by opeemi1(m): 12:00pm On Feb 12, 2007
PE6 reminds me of the Legend PE4. The game is the bomb. PE6 is like a clone of PE4 totally compared to PE5 angry. I played it yesterday and I was like, damn my game is back to life.

PE6 is simply cool cool
Re: The Gamer Stereotype by Azanor(m): 9:27pm On Feb 12, 2007
my parents never seized any console from me because there was nothing to sieze. they never bought any console in the first place. nowadays i play games on my laptop. i'm mostly into retro gaming(old skool games), arcade emulators and past console emulators. trying to catch up with all the great hits that i missed back then when everybody was playing snes and i was playing virtual snes( in my head)
Re: The Gamer Stereotype by Neoteny(m): 3:37pm On Feb 19, 2007
white walls,poster of dante on far wall. pc on, static screen on gamerblogger.net. 3 cardboard boxes stacked upon old sega XS magazines alongside decaying copies of OPS magazines. cardboard boxes containing innards of an old nes, a snes pad, a couple of N64 power packs. dead.

psone acting as doorstop for closet door.

telephone cord unplugged.

1:26am:- palms greasy, eyes bloodshot, knuckles white, teeth bared. breathing heavily, unblinking. blistered fingers twitching.

1:43am:- running dangerously low on health packs. sh*t! two more levels before the final encounter

2:34am:- console makes strange whirring sound. one more level.

zombies growl onscreen. dogs bark outside. tummy rumbles. else everything quiet.  

3:01am:- wipe sweaty palms on pants. still unblinking. where the fukk are those save points?

4:33am:- one more level. out of ammo, wielding gun as a club. dogs quiet. cocks crow outside. who the hell cares?

5:01am:- console makes a pffft sound. screen goes blank. WTF??

5:04am:- curses. #$@%%^@$$%@. slams pad on wall. curses %$%$#$%. grabbed psp and flopped on couch.

6:07am:- oops!out of battery, cant find adapter. damn! dug in monostrap for DS. not there. getting hysterical.musnt panic.

7:10am:- full-on panic.
Re: The Gamer Stereotype by gbadex1(m): 12:33pm On Mar 01, 2007
7:20 a.m - Neo gets a heartattack

7:50a.m - gbade gives him a bucket of sepe as the remedy

8:15 a.m - we are both stoned as Bleep on sepe, hiccuping, singing the National Anthem vice-versa, and playing Ayo as an alternative to them bitchass consoles

8:32 a.m- Neoteny pisses on his pants while weeping he had never felt this "happy" after the bucket of sepe.
Re: The Gamer Stereotype by texazzpete(m): 9:07am On Mar 02, 2007
@Gbade.x

I think i like u already grin
Re: The Gamer Stereotype by Nobody: 9:36pm On Sep 16, 2012
texazzpete: Just yesterday, i came back from work, all stressed out and i settled down to unwind with my PSP. ever since i started emulating Playstation games on my PSp, i haven't been able to put down Street Fighter EX2. anyway, i was playing away when a pal wandered in and told me "So you haven't outgrown such small children's games?"

I was like, WTF? Why do people in this day and age keep spouting that 'games are for kids' crap? This isn't the first timme i'm getting such a ribbing for playing video games and i think it sux!

What do y'all think? Do people still give you that same old line?

Absolutely, in fact I have a thread about (see my profile for the link wink)

grin I don't even care what people think.
It's only because my consoles are in storage that I don't play games as often as I like and have to resort to watching walk-throughs or going to my friend's house to appease my "game rush".

People can call me childish but that's because they don't know me.

I live my life. Work during the week AND battle school work and go out occasionally. I deserve the right to treat myself by surfing the net and playing video games.

It my life. At least I am not ripping and running the streets like most low-lifes in my age group. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

GTA5 On PSP 3000 / Do You Have An Idea On The Current Price Of Play Station 2 ? / Anyone With FIFA 15 Or FIFA 14 ISO Download Link For Ppsspp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.