Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,966 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Why You May Prefer The Old Whatsapp To The Recently Updated One - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You May Prefer The Old Whatsapp To The Recently Updated One (30694 Views)

How Can I Restore Old Whatsapp Conversation. / Accessing An Old Whatsapp Account After Losing Your Phone And SIM. / Whatsapp To Stop Running On These Devices On December 31, 2017. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You May Prefer The Old Whatsapp To The Recently Updated One by Vanshmuell(m): 2:15pm On Feb 25, 2017
Helloooo. ...there is contact list
Re: Why You May Prefer The Old Whatsapp To The Recently Updated One by acerr(m): 2:24pm On Feb 25, 2017
kinkonp:
Below are the things you can conveniently do on the old WhatsApp that you can't do anymore in the updated one

1. Using the new whatsapp eliminates the usage of written status, you can no longer put up a written status update.

2. The new whatsapp has also eliminated the use of contact list, you can no longer view the contact directly on your phone so there is no way to send a message to people you just added to your contact that are on whatsapp. You have to go through a very long process.

3. Since there is no contact list, you cannot refresh your contact list to view new people.

But to the Snapchat gangs, WhatsApp has brought down new Snapchat features that may make you finally quit snapchat for WhatsApp in a full base .

So if you are the type that can't do without the above features, keep your old WhatsApp till it is compulsory to update.

WHAT DO YOU NOTICE ON THE NEW UPDATE ?

https://aimtoget.com/board/Mobile/Reasons-Why-You-May-Prefer-The-Old-WhatsApp-To-The-Recently-Updated-One.1271.html
you ain't alright sir. Including the person that put this on the front page.
Re: Why You May Prefer The Old Whatsapp To The Recently Updated One by JhyMedex: 2:34pm On Feb 25, 2017
kazzonline:

Its my inbuilt LG phone screen capture app
Aight.. Peace!..
Re: Why You May Prefer The Old Whatsapp To The Recently Updated One by kazzonline: 2:51pm On Feb 25, 2017
papoose321:

Ogbeni no contact list na old 1 u de operate nii

Anoda learner,after 3 pages,u simply cant calm down to read and learn,u bi aboki??

1 Like

Re: Why You May Prefer The Old Whatsapp To The Recently Updated One by olayinkajnr(m): 3:34pm On Feb 25, 2017
kinkonp:

den while are u shading stuffs, what u did is creating of new group option, so dont fool yourself. i have confirmed well myself and u can also check well compared to the old one . contact navigation has been replaced with STATUS while wont make easy access to view ur contact directly only if u pass true order long processes while people that arent good in operating wont be able to get easily. so keep shut and stop saying trashs.

You are the one that's wrong here.

Re: Why You May Prefer The Old Whatsapp To The Recently Updated One by Themandator: 3:59pm On Feb 25, 2017
kinkonp:

den while are u shading stuffs, what u did is creating of new group option, so dont fool yourself. i have confirmed well myself and u can also check well compared to the old one . contact navigation has been replaced with STATUS while wont make easy access to view ur contact directly only if u pass true order long processes while people that arent good in operating wont be able to get easily. so keep shut and stop saying trashs.

People like you are unteachable. Are you the person that designed the update for you to write majesterially on the update.
Re: Why You May Prefer The Old Whatsapp To The Recently Updated One by KennyID17(m): 4:00pm On Feb 25, 2017
I dunno about other platforms, but on Windows Phone, the contact/favourite panel is as good as gone replaced by the status panel which shows ur status as well as those of ur contacts. To view ur contact, u have to try starting a new chat, then it brings up a list of ur contacts to chose from. With this move, WhatsApp is beginning to lose It's credibility as an IM app, he should just make it a full blown web based SM client, since that is what he obviously wants. If u want a traditional, secure, simple and non-intrusive IM app, I suggest u go with Telegram, it's just a pity it is so uncommon in this part of the world.
Re: Why You May Prefer The Old Whatsapp To The Recently Updated One by yom2(m): 4:41pm On Feb 25, 2017
Dreamwaker:
The only thing that is constant is change. Love it.
change is good but when it seems every thing is getting crappyer by d day. now i cant even do whattsapp on my phone again. Now imagine all d unneccessary changes on yahoo page.
Re: Why You May Prefer The Old Whatsapp To The Recently Updated One by Nobody: 4:59pm On Feb 25, 2017
yom2:
change is good but when it seems every thing is getting crappyer by d day. now i cant even do whattsapp on my phone again. Now imagine all d unneccessary changes on yahoo page.

Why can't you do WhatsApp on your phone?
Re: Why You May Prefer The Old Whatsapp To The Recently Updated One by zzzzy: 6:36pm On Feb 25, 2017
Abudu2000:
There is no way WhatsApp can be like Snapchat, even Facebook is being threatened by snapchat and Twitter will soon be.... no celebrity will even try using whatsapp status due to the phone number, unless whatsapp removes phone no there will be no traffic....

Mind you, Snapchat users follow celebrities more and not their friends,lol,

Celebs like rickross,yemi alade and kim k would make you love Snapchat like food,lol
so so Hillarious, for the fact whatsapp is beings compared to snapchat is a big shame to snap inc. Facebooks tool against snapchat is actually ig. By the way whatsapp is an im mostly used for person to person conversations. So you don't expect it to be celebrity oriented, Facebook have Facebook and ig for that , whatsapp is more of replacement to sms. By the way snap knows that they are in for it, it's better they sell themselves to Microsoft or Google, or end up like yahoo

1 Like

Re: Why You May Prefer The Old Whatsapp To The Recently Updated One by UncutSk(m): 7:19pm On Feb 25, 2017
I downgraded that shit immediately I updated it mchwww
Re: Why You May Prefer The Old Whatsapp To The Recently Updated One by UncutSk(m): 7:20pm On Feb 25, 2017
I downgraded that shite immediately I updated it mchwww
Re: Why You May Prefer The Old Whatsapp To The Recently Updated One by jerrymej(m): 8:09pm On Feb 25, 2017
kinkonp:
Below are the things you can conveniently do on the old WhatsApp that you can't do anymore in the updated one

1. Using the new whatsapp eliminates the usage of written status, you can no longer put up a written status update.

2. The new whatsapp has also eliminated the use of contact list, you can no longer view the contact directly on your phone so there is no way to send a message to people you just added to your contact that are on whatsapp. You have to go through a very long process.

3. Since there is no contact list, you cannot refresh your contact list to view new people.

But to the Snapchat gangs, WhatsApp has brought down new Snapchat features that may make you finally quit snapchat for WhatsApp in a full base .

So if you are the type that can't do without the above features, keep your old WhatsApp till it is compulsory to update.

WHAT DO YOU NOTICE ON THE NEW UPDATE ?

https://aimtoget.com/board/Mobile/Reasons-Why-You-May-Prefer-The-Old-WhatsApp-To-The-Recently-Updated-One.1271.html

You've never mastered the version if so....
only your number 1 point is correct.... the rest fake/lies.
Re: Why You May Prefer The Old Whatsapp To The Recently Updated One by encryptjay(m): 8:20pm On Feb 25, 2017
I don't know why all these Snapchat fans are praising such a useless update. My current WhatsApp account is/was meant to be on low key levels but after I did the update, I'm being more careful cos very few people have my current number.
I prefer a situation where I'll update a status and not start selecting who to view it.
Now status duration is 24 hrs (wetin be this?)
No need downgrading cos you'll have to upgrade later when they inform you that you're using an obsolete version of their app.
I wanted to experiment with 'those who give a fvck meme' by selecting a friend but it went to my contacts. Thank the gods that I was using EDGE so I canceled/Intercepted it

Spits...
Re: Why You May Prefer The Old Whatsapp To The Recently Updated One by yom2(m): 11:29pm On Feb 25, 2017
Dreamwaker:

Why can't you do WhatsApp on your phone?
d uprade they claim
Re: Why You May Prefer The Old Whatsapp To The Recently Updated One by Peppul: 12:49am On Feb 26, 2017
Na WA O, you guys still fighting about contact list or not, Pls make Una drop this issue, we'll there is contact list and you can also refresh, mark can't be so dumb to remove that.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Apple Savings Account With 4.15% Interest Rate Launched / WhatsApp Now Allows Two Accounts On The Same Phone / Airtel 1GB For #1000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.