Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,033 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (879587 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by burk: 9:25am On Apr 10, 2017
A very good morning to the entire house. Please i submitted my study permit application on 31 March 2017 (Though i already have the visitor visa) i was trying to link my application online. This could not be achieved after inputing all the required information, the response was there is no application.

Kindly assist as i'm interested in tracking my application online.

Thank you all and enjoy the rest of the week.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Fredericton: 9:28am On Apr 10, 2017
elimsme:

Mailing ur department directly will b d best way to confirm this...

Thanks, I will definitely do as you advised, but i wanted to know if the guy @RealObserver had same experience.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 9:41am On Apr 10, 2017
emeify:
Does it mean I cannot write the employer letter without mentioning that it is for student visa purpose? Can I just mention its for visa (not being specific on the type of visa). I am just wary of letting my employer know my plans. Please advise

There is no panacea to it. Feel free to edit to suit your taste.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 10, 2017
YoungJ61:
am 23 yrs and i mean natinal diploma ond and i have passion for journalism and have already gotten an offer so dont know if it related with information technology.
These your college/PGD programs... Do they have names? Always be specific so you can get accurate feedbacks.
And of course your query is just as comparing black and white .. IT is in no way related to journalism (by profession)!!!... Ok.

Another thing,... Canada study permit processing may not give that your passion any consideration.. You will usually need to work in line with their thoughts... Proposed program should be directly related to your UG course or employment.. (Exceptions may exist if going for UG program)
If you choose by passion... You may have ended up doing a visa-fee contribution without collection! We can equally arrest your passion issue but that'll usually be after the sermon! grin
Pls be guided.
Regards.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 9:54am On Apr 10, 2017
Processing time
Nigeria-18 weeks
Ghana- 21 weeks...

What have we done to deserve this? The waiting time is nerve cracking, seriously...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jj17cv(m): 10:05am On Apr 10, 2017
Indian ....5weeks processing Time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 10:07am On Apr 10, 2017
maziude:
Processing time
Nigeria-18 weeks
Ghana- 21 weeks...

What have we done to deserve this? The waiting time is nerve cracking, seriously...
You probably should stop checking processing times.. to avoid the nerve something grin
What i have noticed...USUALLY is if you submit an air abi water tight application (with no reason to back check on any of your documents), you will receive your medical mail in no time and a decision may be taken in a month or two!
A lot of things contribute to the long processing... when VOs need to make proper verifications/examinations on documents or facts not clear to them.
* this is not to say that there is an issue if it doesn't fall within this times... As of course at most of the times.. It's usually the volume of applications received.
Regards

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by burk: 10:22am On Apr 10, 2017
A very good morning to the entire house. Please i submitted my study permit application on 31 March 2017 (Though i already have the visitor visa) i was trying to link my application online. This could not be achieved after inputing all the required information, the response was there is no application.

Kindly assist as i'm interested in tracking my application online.

Thank you all and enjoy the rest of the week
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by RealObserver(m): 11:02am On Apr 10, 2017
Fredericton:

Alright bro, Congrats on your admission, i guess your are going for Fall Start Term, my referees doesnt make use of an Official email address, i don't if they will reject that?
I used three referees, two were from the academia while the third one was the professional referee... it's imperative your academic referees use their official mail address because these days almost all schools have mailing services set up for their staffs, so that shouldn't be a problem
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vickyehi: 11:05am On Apr 10, 2017
Please does anyone know 8f I can use a corporate account to pay for tuition through form A in zenith bank
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Fredericton: 11:06am On Apr 10, 2017
RealObserver:

I used three referees, two were from the academia while the third one was the professional referee... it's imperative your academic referees use their official mail address because these days almost all schools have mailing services set up for their staffs, so that shouldn't be a problem

Alright, thanks Bro. I appreciate your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Joshcoli(m): 11:22am On Apr 10, 2017
Hello People,

I've been going through this page for a long time now, but i've decided to apply for student Visa
Please i just want to be accessed to know my chances
this are the documents i have

1. HND Certificate Electrical (Power Option)Graduated 2013
2. OND Certificate Elect/Elect
3. Account Balance of 3million
4. IELTS Band Score 6.5
5. Completed my WES Certification
6. Pension Account Balance fof 7.8 Million
7. Marriage Certificate (Married Last Year)
8. Child Birth Certificate
9. Wife Pension Balance 3 Million
10. Three landed property worth 7 Million
11. Companys Tax Clearance (Something I can get)
12. Company Sponsorship letter (Something i can get)
13. Company bank statement (Something I can get)
14. Company Study leave letter (Something i can get)
15. I'm 33 Years Old
16. Intended Course of Study (Aircraft Maintenance Nova Scotia College)

Please i want the guru in the house to access my chances
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 11:31am On Apr 10, 2017
Joshcoli:
Hello People,

I've been going through this page for a long time now, but i've decided to apply for student Visa
Please i just want to be accessed to know my chances
this are the documents i have

1. HND Certificate Electrical (Power Option)Graduated 2013
2. OND Certificate Elect/Elect
3. Account Balance of 3million
4. IELTS Band Score 6.5
5. Completed my WES Certification
6. Pension Account Balance fof 7.8 Million
7. Marriage Certificate (Married Last Year)
8. Child Birth Certificate
9. Wife Pension Balance 3 Million
10. Three landed property worth 7 Million
11. Companys Tax Clearance (Something I can get)
12. Company Sponsorship letter (Something i can get)
13. Company bank statement (Something I can get)
14. Company Study leave letter (Something i can get)
15. I'm 33 Years Old

Please i want the guru in the house to access my chances
Thank you

What is your intended program and level of study?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 11:33am On Apr 10, 2017
Piethewitch:
asihap(m): 9:56pm On Aug 08, 2015
Helo guys!
I applied for study permit on 6 of june 2015 and I received an email for my medical on 3 of july 2015 and I did my medical on 6 of july 2015. I received an email on 3 of August dat my processed passport has been dispatched from accra to application center. But I was denield d visa stating dat he was nt convinced dat I wil leave Canada afta my temporary visit dat I don't av purpose for travlin.lol.... I cald d hospital dat I did my medical if it has to do wit my medical but they told me dat my medical was 5n. I just want to knw if it is a common phenomenon 4 someone to deny a visa afta medical?. Well I av gone 4 appeal. Is it d rite tn to do? Or wot did u tink guys?. Pls I nid ur ansas. Tnx

Someone was asking about denial of visa after medical.. there is an example of someone who was denied after medical mail.

Sorry abt dat Bro, I alway tell people if dere is a medical complication d clinic will notify u first, it ur say dat will determine if u want dem to still send it to d embassy or which ever way as d case may b, ur Medicals has nottin to do with ur refusal, after Medical dere is a final decision again, most times dis refusal is cause by document dat was attach to ur application dat does not 've a beta explanation or link wit ur application, it all abt grace to over look such, dis people are trained psychologist, I will advice instead of appealing y not jst oreder ur GCMS file and reaply again. my regards.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Joshcoli(m): 11:34am On Apr 10, 2017
Austinpee4:

What is your intended program and level of study?

Aircraft Maintenance (Avionics) at nova scotia college
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 11:40am On Apr 10, 2017
Shadebola:

Currently, I do not have an experience in Sous Chef, reason why i wanted to start with a Diploma. Is it still advisable to pursue it with a good SOP would I be given a trv? What are your advice please.

Bro naturally it doesn't work dat way, waytin dey Chase u from BCH wen u study and ur current choice now no experience, well if u will want to take a bet by attaching an SOP to it okk ooh but remember it is as gud as putting ur moni on MMM. Gudluck bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by StCruz247: 11:50am On Apr 10, 2017
emeify:
Hello All, please I have a question on the employer introduction letter. Does the letter have to state that I am seeking temporary resident visa? I dont think I want my employer to know that now. Also, does it need to state my duties and responsibilities? The sample I have seen here mentioned TRV in the letter. Not sure if that's appropriate. Please can someone send me a sample of an appropriate employer intro letter, or let me know what should be included in it. Thank you very much.

Let your employer just state that you are an employee of xyz company,date of joining the company ,your current position and pay etc .That will be enough .They can address it to Canadian high commission or just to whom it may concern.Just my advice , Any other fellow in the house can still come up with something different .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by elaniran: 11:57am On Apr 10, 2017
@tomme ive sent you a mail
tommee:

@elarin,

Hi i am willing to apply to that college too please u have, kindly share your process and experience
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ladylco: 12:40pm On Apr 10, 2017
Hello, anyone going to canada soon, Hamilton to be precise, please lets hook up.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 12:47pm On Apr 10, 2017
Shadebola:

Currently i don't have an experience in Sous Chef, reason why i wanted to start with a Diploma. Is it still advisable to pursue it with a good SOP would I be given a trv? What are your advice please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by collinsfbi(m): 1:16pm On Apr 10, 2017
ladylco:
Hello, anyone going to canada soon, Hamilton to be precise, please lets hook up.
My younger brother hope to make it by September if his study permit get approved. He will be going for submission this week. He was admitted to Mohawk College $15k yearly tuition and I already paid $8,500 a semester tuition plus. I am supporting him with two statements with closing balance of $19,500USD and 2.5m respectively, my question now is that will this be sufficient enough for him to get approval?

Secondly, Pls for those who did paper application, I want to get reference letter from my bank for the sponsorship account I used for him, what is the Canada Accra Application address that the letter will be addressed to?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Is2bEe(m): 1:53pm On Apr 10, 2017
collinsfbi:

My younger brother hope to make it by September if his study permit get approved. He will be going for submission this week. He was admitted to Mohawk College $15k yearly tuition and I already paid $8,500 a semester tuition plus. I am supporting him with two statements with closing balance of $19,500USD and 2.5m respectively, my question now is that will this be sufficient enough for him to get approval?

Secondly, Pls for those who did paper application, I want to get reference letter from my bank for the sponsorship account I used for him, what is the Canada Accra Application address that the letter will be addressed to?
I will advise you pay the whole tuition for the first year. After this you only have to show that you can provide the sum of 10k for his upkeep. Balance of around 15k in your account after payment of his tuition for first year should be enough to address the issue of insufficient funds. I hope other issues have been sufficiently addressed.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ifydio(m): 2:05pm On Apr 10, 2017
ladylco:
I'm leaving soon but not to Hamilton. ....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by kalohenic: 2:15pm On Apr 10, 2017
Folaroyal:

You probably should stop checking processing times.. to avoid the nerve something grin
What i have noticed...USUALLY is if you submit an air abi water tight application (with no reason to back check on any of your documents), you will receive your medical mail in no time and a decision may be taken in a month or two!
A lot of things contribute to the long processing... when VOs need to make proper verifications/examinations on documents or facts not clear to them.
* this is not to say that there is an issue if it doesn't fall within this times... As of course at most of the times.. It's usually the volume of applications received.
Regards

I think this response is sufficient, but should you need more details check out this link.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/delay.asp
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 2:23pm On Apr 10, 2017
kalohenic:

I think this response is sufficient, but should you need more details check out this link.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/delay.asp

Thanks boss.

I aint actually in the waiting game, I am just wondering why the cap of 18 and 21 weeks be placed on Nigeria and Ghana respectively, when other countries within the same categories as us have less processing time...

#just a thought though...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by collinsfbi(m): 2:27pm On Apr 10, 2017
Is2bEe:
I will advise you pay the whole tuition for the first year. After this you only have to show that you can provide the sum of 10k for his upkeep. Balance of around 15k in your account after payment of his tuition for first year should be enough to address the issue of insufficient funds. I hope other issues have been sufficiently addressed.

Actually his school ask for $1600 desposit fee, I just decided to pay the $8500 a semester tuition plus. Pls what about the address issue?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 2:39pm On Apr 10, 2017
maziude:

Thanks boss.

I aint actually in the waiting game, I am just wondering why the cap of 18 and 21 weeks be placed on Nigeria and Ghana respectively, when other countries within the same categories as us have less processing time...

The difference is as a result of large volume of application from these countries, if you check some country like Kenya has 6weeks processing time, application volume plays a lot in processing time.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 2:40pm On Apr 10, 2017
maziude:

Thanks boss.

it as a result of much application coming in, as at last year Ghana was 6/8weeks, it increases due to d high number of applications coming in, becos most African countries citizens start nationalizing thru ghana , even now will stil 've some African countries dat are 2/3weeks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by keylaz: 2:48pm On Apr 10, 2017
Good day guys. Pls can someone recommend a good sch for pgd in canada with low tuition. I hv bpharm. (pharmacy). I need courses related to my feild. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Rocorleone: 2:49pm On Apr 10, 2017
mcobex:
yes u can use ur dad's landed property. ur parents and siblings are also ur home tie.

Thanks @mcobex
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by collinsfbi(m): 2:58pm On Apr 10, 2017
High Commission of Canada
42 Independence Avenue
Accra, Ghana

Or

High Commission of Canada
P.O. Box 1639
Accra, Ghana

My bank is in need of address to put in a reference letter in support of my younger brother application, from the two above, pls which one is ok to use ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Rocorleone: 3:00pm On Apr 10, 2017
Piethewitch:
asihap(m): 9:56pm On Aug 08, 2015
Helo guys!
I applied for study permit on 6 of june 2015 and I received an email for my medical on 3 of july 2015 and I did my medical on 6 of july 2015. I received an email on 3 of August dat my processed passport has been dispatched from accra to application center. But I was denield d visa stating dat he was nt convinced dat I wil leave Canada afta my temporary visit dat I don't av purpose for travlin.lol.... I cald d hospital dat I did my medical if it has to do wit my medical but they told me dat my medical was 5n. I just want to knw if it is a common phenomenon 4 someone to deny a visa afta medical?. Well I av gone 4 appeal. Is it d rite tn to do? Or wot did u tink guys?. Pls I nid ur ansas. Tnx

Someone was asking about denial of visa after medical.. there is an example of someone who was denied after medical mail.

I think maybe your denial was due to your sop and the relativity of your course of study to your previous study. Nevertheless, this kind of cases are rear if you don't address the stated issues aforementioned.
Goodluck

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.