Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,714 members, 7,809,705 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (876709 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 12:09pm On Feb 25, 2017
feguson123:
Good morning all the gurus in the house.here is my conditions and I need help and corrections.
1.I have been accepted in a diploma in engineering design and drafting technology .and I have a bachelor in mechanical Engineering from naija uni.
2.I work with a private help with salary few digit below 300k.
3.I want my mum who is a nurse with salary 200k and owner of 2 landed property and myself to be d sponsor.

I want to know if the course and d sponsorship can fly?
As I work as project engineer in d place I work.which involves mechanical designs
1.You need to clarify if your intended program is advance diploma or Post graduate diploma.

2 & 3. Before you evaluate your income and that of your sponsor, you need to put into perspective and consideration your tuition and 10,000CAD required for your first year. However, officers will still evaluate your capacity or that of your sponsor to raise and pay subsequent year fees and upkeep if your program is more than a year.
Therefore, you MUST either have the equivalent of your tuition and living expenses in convertible currency(naira inclusive) or show evidence of funds transfered to canada for these purposes before the issue of your/sponsor income begins to play out as it also will be considered.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 12:15pm On Feb 25, 2017
uvagho:
I still wonder why people still keep making this mistake of not stating previous refusals ...After a lot of people have been indicted for it .Bros what you should do now is just pray the VO buys ur explanation u have sold and hope for d best.
Funny enough, CIC have issued a notification to these rising issues and it is now boldly written on visible placard in VFS offices to WARN applicants about declarations on their application and put them in-check before submitting. We hope this move will bring reduction to these acts.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by feguson123: 12:22pm On Feb 25, 2017
Thanks for the reply austine it is post secondary diploma since it is in line wat my work discription,i don't know if I use my company as sponsor wil be better,because the company agree to sponsor me wit about 4m.do u thinks using the company . My sponsor will be better? undecided
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 12:25pm On Feb 25, 2017
Folaroyal:

Ooohhhhh.... sad .... Don't start with this nawwww!!!
Even though you said you needed to ask some question.... there is no question attached but information about your negligence.... What do we do with this now??
Regards.
@Folaroyal,I read where you said one can apply from US even on a visiting visa. Please do you know anyone that has done that and it came out successful. Am traveling to USA soon and I want to apply from there cause of time constraint.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Igbouwanile(m): 12:35pm On Feb 25, 2017
justwise:

If you are asked to read 500 pages back to get an information will you be happy to do that?

lolz.. i won't b.. kudos

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Igbouwanile(m): 12:46pm On Feb 25, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 12:51pm On Feb 25, 2017
feguson123:
Thanks for the reply austine it is post secondary diploma since it is in line wat my work discription,i don't know if I use my company as sponsor wil be better,because the company agree to sponsor me wit about 4m.do u thinks using the company . My sponsor will be better? undecided
I assume you mean Post graduate diploma. Anywhere, aside just picking this course which MAY be in line with your degree and work experience, You will need to convince a Visa officer how your intended program is going to better your current situation career wise and academically. This is because with a substantial work experience in your educational field, a next course of progressive academic intent should be a master which will give you more competitive advantages in your career.
Although not everybody may need a master degree to better their career advancement, a PGD usually favour applicants who just finished undergrad or with a lesser(1 -2 years) work experience as MOST Post graduate diplomas are tailored to meet work place demands.It will be assumed you are going for it to equip you for work experience. So if you have good work experience already, it's usually difficult to convience but not IMPOSSIBLE.

So it will be pertinent for you to convience the VO what you intend to achieve with your PGD and how your academic plans have been strategized that this PGD will be more beneficial to you and you MUST indicate if you also intend to pursue a higher degree afterwards.This way the bigger picture is more paramount to you and the VO could see your reasons more delibrate than situational. A good written Statement of intent/purpose will help translate these to the VO.

We have seen consistently here how a company sponsorship have been unsucessfull as most applicants opting for this kind of sponsorship have not been able to convince the VO why a company will expend huge financial resource to an employee for the duration of their study. This is understandably so because most company would sponsor a value added(to the company) short term trips than longer ones. If you can convience them, it could fly. (best way to convience a VO is for COY to pay your full tuition and transfer money to your student account for you)

All the same, i'll advise you consider your intentions and asses your application and plans from a VO stance point.
All the best to you.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 12:58pm On Feb 25, 2017
Austinpee4:

Funny enough, CIC have issued a notification to these rising issues and it is now boldly written on visible placard in VFS offices to WARN applicants about declarations on their application and put them in-check before submitting. We hope this move will bring reduction to these acts
Lolzz... This trend of I forgot,I mistakenly is a capital lie .I will only accept the reverse of my statement if only the applicant did not handle the re-application and that whoever handled it, may have failed to ask if he/she had been refused visa while preparing the application. This emerging act is mostly perpetuated by GUYS which I now portray as a purported act by Nigerians,having the mindset to try luck or a VO may be oblivious of such history of the refusal

Still to refresh mindsets,I like attending to study visa related questions which I have made my specialty on this forum than admission issues which I ll have to give kudos to @Thesoj,osemigho,yemdogg,folaroyal,cannyzionist,Austinpee,penin.. et al gurus

*Trv doctor*

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 1:01pm On Feb 25, 2017
michV:
Lolzz... This trend of I forgot,I mistakenly is a capital lie .I will only accept the reverse of my statement if only the applicant did not handle the re-application and that whoever handled it, may have failed to ask if he/she had been refused visa while preparing the application. This emerging act is mostly perpetuated by GUYS which I now portray as a purported act by Nigerians,having the mindset to try luck or a VO may be oblivious of such history of the refusal.

The VOs are apparently tired of the emerging trend and dem don issue warning! it is now clearly written in VFS office and i am like 'ok naw! See gobbe!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vinci500: 2:45pm On Feb 25, 2017
1soul:
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (SUMMER & FALL 2017)
1. Henrinco: February 2nd, M.ed, MUN Paper Route
2. Atrapon January 9th,M.ed MUN, online route.
3. Wealth360: January 31st, M.Sc. MEng. University of Saskatchewan. Paper route. Medical Mail 24th february
4. Tuzinde, February 1st, MEng Carleton university, paper route.
5. Abiodunne October 5th, PGD, Conestoga. Paper route Medical Mail 14th february

for those who have submitted their TRV applicati.on kindly update the house your timeline
January 18th, MSc University of Northern British Columbia, Online.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vinci500: 2:57pm On Feb 25, 2017
Wow...It's part 12 already!
I have been following this thread for years!
I have seen and heard loads of success stories.
By the special grace of God i'm sharing my testimony soonest.
Keep the hope alive, never stop dreaming, you're only a step away.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 3:17pm On Feb 25, 2017
mabella2:
@Folaroyal,I read where you said one can apply from US even on a visiting visa. Please do you know anyone that has done that and it came out successful. Am traveling to USA soon and I want to apply from there cause of time constraint.
I mailed the visa office in US and got a response that I can apply for Canada study permit from there while in a B1/B2 Visa .... That's all i have.... I also heard of someone who did and now in Canada but i personally do not know any.... So i can't confirm.
Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by LMay(f): 3:18pm On Feb 25, 2017
@ Folaroyal, @ Osemigho, @ MichV, Everyone, please if a professor is willing to be one's supervisor at University of Saskatchewan but says outrightly that she has no funding and asks one to seek funds from other resources, does this mean one can still risk the application hoping to get funds externally?

Please can you suggest a way around this? Lecturers in this proposed research interest area (Pharmacy or Health ICT) are extremely rare. Only two found so far.

No personal funds. Should I let go or seize the opportunity regardless?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 4:11pm On Feb 25, 2017
Folaroyal:

I mailed the visa office in US and got a response that I can apply for Canada study permit from there while in a B1/B2 Visa .... That's all i have.... I also heard of someone who did and now in Canada but i personally do not know any.... So i can't confirm.
Regards.
Ok. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv(m): 4:25pm On Feb 25, 2017
vinci500:
January 18th, MSc University of Northern British Columbia, Online.
Congrats on Unbc. When did they give admit.

Received my rejection letter already tho.

They said I didn't have a supervisor.

Did you get a supervisor before u applied ?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vinci500: 4:50pm On Feb 25, 2017
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv:

Congrats on Unbc. When did they give admit.

Received my rejection letter already tho.

They said I didn't have a supervisor.

Did you get a supervisor before u applied ?

Thanks.
So sorry about your rejection sir...in response to your question, I got my admission offer towards the end of last year, after I was able to get a supervisor (hardest thing I ever did) took me about a month/two tho... I hope you applied to other schools?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CannyZionist: 5:19pm On Feb 25, 2017
DatechMan:
What are the drawbacks of Winter admission?
Is it true that funding is rare during winter intake?

You should contact your prospective schools to get the exact answer
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 5:31pm On Feb 25, 2017
Part 12 is here already! We all shall testify of the goodness of the Lord in this part

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by penitential(m): 5:41pm On Feb 25, 2017
mabella2:
Before you proceed, please note that the processing ti me for your application in U.S.A will not be t he same with other nationalities applying from the U.S.A.
It's highly imperative to note that if you submit your application in the U.S.A, your documents will undergo the usual vetting process with other Nigeria applicants (it won't be treated as any other nationality).
And also the V.O will be very much interested in the reason as to why you chose to leave nigeria to go and apply for Canada study permit in the U.S.A. unless you have a very strong reason.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 7:15pm On Feb 25, 2017
penitential:

Before you proceed, please note that the processing ti me for your application in U.S.A will not be t he same with other nationalities applying from the U.S.A.
It's highly imperative to note that if you submit your application in the U.S.A, your documents will undergo the usual vetting process with other Nigeria applicants (it won't be treated as any other nationality).
And also the V.O will be very much interested in the reason as to why you chose to leave nigeria to go and apply for Canada study permit in the U.S.A. unless you have a very strong reason.
Point taken. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by amii131(f): 7:16pm On Feb 25, 2017
I need your advice brothers and sisters here

I graduated in 2014 with 3rd class degree in pharmàcology finished my Nysc Oct 2016 i got a little job which am managing for now.

I got an undergraduate admission last yr around oct/Nov for Jan 2017 studies I deferred the admission due to the possibility of getting the visa.

Now I will be 26yrs by Dec 17 am thinking of revising to apply for Pgd pathology in the same school.

My fear is my Age for the UG studies and as for the Pgd what's my chances.

Please help a sister
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by losas(m): 7:33pm On Feb 25, 2017
losas:
Good morning work with a non profitable organization for now what document can I get from them to add to my documents for submission? somebody plss help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by deckonne: 7:42pm On Feb 25, 2017
Hey guys, I've been following the threads on canada study permit and the information here had been helpful saved me 300k from the hands of agents who know nothing.

I submitted my student visa application on 3 feb 2017, got approval mail from CIC on 23 feb, 2017 for may semester lambton college (Embedded systems engineering design). It's a two year course, i didn't get the two years. I was given a year and 3 months from start of semester because of passport validity. I learnt about the study permit not exceeding validity of the passport way after i had prepared all my documents with the passport number, i was running out of time i had to take the risk since it can be extended.

(Paper route)
I did upfront medicals at qlife
Submitted the CIC docs,
Statement of purpose
birth certificates of family members
Sponsor's Account statement showing 12m
Mother's pension documents 6m
Father's Shares documents 100k
Sworn affidavit from sponsor
Letter of sponsorship from sponsor addressed to VO
Mother's birth certificate
Document to prove sponsor is my father
Study leave application & approval letters
Professional reference letter addressed to VO
Employment letter
Account statement showing paid salaries (balance is 1k)
Parents' marriage certificate and documents showing father is next of kin to deceased wife
Landed property documents worth 30m
Letter of reference from father's employer
Father's work ID card
Mother's death certificate
1st semester fees receipt
Offer letter
Virgin passport
Documents of previous education & professional certifications (B.Eng Elect/Elect)
Prayers.

I'd say put yourself in the VO's shoes and give yourself everything you need to prove that you have enough funds, and you are coming back.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by akinola12345: 7:52pm On Feb 25, 2017
deckonne:
Hey guys, I've been by following the threads on canada study permit and the information here had been helpful saved me 300k from the hands of agents who know nothing.

I submitted my student visa application on 3 feb 2017, got approval mail from CIC on 23 feb, 2017 for may semester lambton college (Embedded systems engineering design). It's a two year course, i didn't get the two years. I was given a year and 3 months from start of semester because of passport validity. I learnt about the study permit not exceeding validity of the passport way after i had prepared all my documents with the passport number, i was running out of time i had to take the risk since it can be extended.

Submitted the CIC docs,
Statement of purpose
Siblings birth certificates
Shares documents
Letter of sponsorship from sponsor
so have u gotten your trv
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by deckonne: 7:58pm On Feb 25, 2017
akinola12345:
so have u gotten your trv

Waiting to pick up my passport from VFS global hopefully this week. I just got the mail from CIC Ghana on Thursday. The TRV will be attached to the passport
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ifydio(m): 8:04pm On Feb 25, 2017
deckonne:
Hey guys, I've been following the threads on canada study permit and the information here had been helpful saved me 300k from the hands of agents who know nothing.

Submitted the CIC docs,
Statement of purpose
Employment letter
Parents' marriage certificate and documents showing father is next of kin to deceased wife
Father's work ID card
Offer letter
Virgin passport
Prayers.

I'd say put yourself in the VO's shoes and give yourself everything you need to prove that you have enough funds, and you are coming back.
wow congrats..soo fast I tap into your blessing.....u resuming for May?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by akinola12345: 8:07pm On Feb 25, 2017
deckonne:

Waiting to pick up my passport from VFS global hopefully this week. I just got the mail from CIC Ghana on Thursday. The TRV will be attached to the passport
congrats bro, I also apply for study visa 31st jan 2017 anyways all is in God's hands.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ifydio(m): 8:08pm On Feb 25, 2017
deckonne:

Submitted the CIC docs,
Statement of purpose
Employment letter
Father's work ID card
Offer letter
Virgin passport
Documents of previous education & professional certifications (B.Eng Elect/Elect)
Prayers.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by deckonne: 8:08pm On Feb 25, 2017
ifydio:

Yea. May 1st. But I'm leaving april like second week. Infact it was so fast i was scared to read it thinking it was a denial or return of application until the next day. I was expecting it towards middle march-april following the normal timeline.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ifydio(m): 8:10pm On Feb 25, 2017
deckonne:

Submitted the CIC docs,
Statement of purpose
Employment letter
Father's work ID card
Offer letter
Virgin passport
Prayers.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by amii131(f): 8:10pm On Feb 25, 2017
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME O embarassed embarassed

I need your advice brothers and sisters here

I graduated in 2014 with 3rd class degree in pharmàcology finished my Nysc Oct 2016 i got a little job which am managing for now.

I got an undergraduate admission last yr around oct/Nov for Jan 2017 studies I deferred the admission due to the possibility of getting the visa.

Now I will be 26yrs by Dec 17 am thinking of revising to apply for Pgd pathology in the same school.

My fear is my Age for the UG studies and as for the Pgd what's my chances.

Please help a sister
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.