Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,828 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (877508 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Wolecypher: 8:16pm On Feb 25, 2017
Good evening house. I need ur help and urgent response. I have less than 30 days to finish my online Visa application but am having issues. While filling the form I saw employment details present and previous. I have my own company I don't knw maybe I should include it and d previous company have worked for and secondly am having issues of signing the forms.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ifydio(m): 8:16pm On Feb 25, 2017
deckonne:

Yea. May 1st. But I'm leaving april like second week. Infact it was so fast i was scared to read it thinking it was a denial or return of application until the next day. I was expecting it towards middle march-april following the normal timeline.

I'm also admitted to lambton college cyber security and computer forensics resuming 1st May as well hoping to leave 2nd week of April... passed medical awaiting there final decision

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by deckonne: 8:20pm On Feb 25, 2017
ifydio:
wow congrats..soo fast I tap into your blessing.....u resuming for May?

Yea May 1st. I plan to drop in second week of april. It was so fast i thought it was a denial or return of application. I read d mail the next day. I was expecting a positive feedback from middle of march to april using the normal application timeline.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by deckonne: 8:23pm On Feb 25, 2017
ifydio:

I'm also admitted to lambton college cyber security and computer forensics resuming 1st May as well hoping to leave 2nd week of April... passed medical awaiting there final decision

Bro good luck to you. I believe you will get it. Lets link up when you do. I so much love cybersecurity. I hope to do professional courses on cybersecurity over there.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bodmas3000(m): 8:26pm On Feb 25, 2017
Canada visa no easy oo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Blackanada(m): 8:30pm On Feb 25, 2017
deckonne:
Hey guys, I've been following the threads on canada study permit and the information here had been helpful saved me 300k from the hands of agents who know nothing.

I submitted my student visa application on 3 feb 2017, got approval mail from CIC on 23 feb, 2017 for may semester lambton college (Embedded systems engineering design). It's a two year course, i didn't get the two years. I was given a year and 3 months from start of semester because of passport validity. I learnt about the study permit not exceeding validity of the passport way after i had prepared all my documents with the passport number, i was running out of time i had to take the risk since it can be extended.

I did upfront medicals at qlife
Submitted the CIC docs,
Statement of purpose
birth certificates of family members
Sponsor's Account statement showing 12m
Mother's pension documents 6m
Father's Shares documents 100k
Sworn affidavit from sponsor
Letter of sponsorship from sponsor addressed to VO
Mother's birth certificate
Document to prove sponsor is my father
Study leave application & approval letters
Professional reference letter addressed to VO
Employment letter
Account statement showing paid salaries (balance is 1k)
Parents' marriage certificate and documents showing father is next of kin to deceased wife
Landed property documents worth 30m
Letter of reference from father's employer
Father's work ID card
Mother's death certificate
1st semester fees receipt
Offer letter
Virgin passport
Documents of previous education & professional certifications (B.Eng Elect/Elect)
Prayers.

I'd say put yourself in the VO's shoes and give yourself everything you need to prove that you have enough funds, and you are coming back.

What was your home tie?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by deckonne: 8:46pm On Feb 25, 2017
Blackanada:

What was your home tie?

Work. Had to explain how my course will highly benefit my employer on my SOP. I even mentioned an upcoming project where i will play a key role after acquiring the skills and my employer's reference letter stated that i will be in a new position to maximize my skills when i return. My study leave letter directly to my employer also stated my intentions to return after studies.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ifydio(m): 8:54pm On Feb 25, 2017
deckonne:

Bro good luck to you. I believe you will get it. Lets link up when you do. I so much love cybersecurity. I hope to do professional courses on cybersecurity over there.
alright definitely will do so
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 8:55pm On Feb 25, 2017
bodmas3000:
Canada visa no easy oo
Very easy! Never have this mindset. Give them what the want and you'll get what you want. You are more of benefit to them than they are to you. But we must always present our case accordingly and depit our relevance to both their needs and our advantage in an application for their visas while leaving the rest. Always believe after putting a GOOD application that you will get your permit approved.It will rub off on your general esteem about everything that concerns you.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by deckonne: 9:00pm On Feb 25, 2017
akinola12345:
congrats bro, I also apply for study visa 31st jan 2017 anyways all is in God's hands.

Bro i can't read the email you sent. The check email link Keeps redirecting me elsewhere.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 9:01pm On Feb 25, 2017
ifydio:
wow congrats..soo fast I tap into your blessing.....u resuming for May?

@ifydio
@
https://www.nairaland.com/deckonne
Please how long did it took you both to get an admission offer from lambton college?
Did you apply through maple education?
Did they reply your emails?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 9:05pm On Feb 25, 2017
LMay:
@ Folaroyal, @ Osemigho, @ MichV, Everyone, please if a professor is willing to be one's supervisor at University of Saskatchewan but says outrightly that she has no funding and asks one to seek funds from other resources, does this mean one can still risk the application hoping to get funds externally?

Please can you suggest a way around this? Lecturers in this proposed research interest area (Pharmacy or Health ICT) are extremely rare. Only two found so far.

No personal funds. Should I let go or seize the opportunity regardless?
Check fees and quote.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 9:09pm On Feb 25, 2017
deckonne:
Hey guys,...
I'd say put yourself in the VO's shoes and give yourself everything you need to prove that you have enough funds, and you are coming back.
Paper or online. Original or certified documents.
Congrats.
I try not to tap into people's testimony because I don't know their sacrifices and struggle. But I must acknowledge yours was fast. Congrats again.
All the best. Rep us well when you land.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 9:15pm On Feb 25, 2017
amii131:
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME O embarassed embarassed

I need your advice brothers and sisters here

I graduated in 2014 with 3rd class degree in pharmàcology finished my Nysc Oct 2016 i got a little job which am managing for now.

I got an undergraduate admission last yr around oct/Nov for Jan 2017 studies I deferred the admission due to the possibility of getting the visa.

Now I will be 26yrs by Dec 17 am thinking of revising to apply for Pgd pathology in the same school.

My fear is my Age for the UG studies and as for the Pgd what's my chances.

Please help a sister
Thanks

Your age isn't the problem ! Convincing the visa officer of your intentions is the hurdle to cross.

If you'd ask me, a PGD in a related discipline would be a perfect fit. Putting into consideration that it may be tough for you to secure a Master's admission. Going for an undergraduate degree will place overwhelming burden on you particularly in the area of "Purpose of visit" and "Proof of funds". Except you will not be submitting your Pharmacology degree certificate along side your study permit application and which case you'd have to explain in details what you've been doing after High school till now.

Regards.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by deckonne: 9:23pm On Feb 25, 2017
Osemigho:

Paper or online. Original or certified documents.
Congrats.
I try not to tap into people's testimony because I don't know their sacrifices and struggle. But I must acknowledge yours was fast. Congrats again.
All the best. Rep us well when you land.

Thanks. I did paper route. C of O of land documents were certified, the rest were just photocopies. Vfs will not take your original documents except letters directly addressed to them like reference letters, sponsorship letters, offer letter (i just printed in color), and bank statements

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 9:24pm On Feb 25, 2017
deckonne:
Hey guys, I've been following the threads on canada study permit and the information here had been helpful saved me 300k from the hands of agents who know nothing.

I submitted my student visa application on 3 feb 2017, got approval mail from CIC on 23 feb, 2017 for may semester lambton college (Embedded systems engineering design). It's a two year course, i didn't get the two years. I was given a year and 3 months from start of semester because of passport validity. I learnt about the study permit not exceeding validity of the passport way after i had prepared all my documents with the passport number, i was running out of time i had to take the risk since it can be extended.

Submitted the CIC docs,
Statement of purpose
Employment letter
Parents' marriage certificate and documents showing father is next of kin to deceased wife
Father's work ID card
Offer letter
Virgin passport
Documents of previous education & professional certifications (B.Eng Elect/Elect)
Prayers.

congrats bro, this is a divine speed owing to the fact that its a pgd just 20days!!! this should clear the air a bit about pdg/pgc app. urs is the fastest have seen both on this thread and outside this thread. so simple give the right application and u would com back smiling at ur TRV irrespective of the admission you got for ur visa processing.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by henrinco(m): 9:30pm On Feb 25, 2017
deckonne:

Submitted the CIC docs,
Statement of purpose
Employment letter
Father's work ID card
Offer letter
Virgin passport
Prayers.

first TRV approval in part 12. i tap into this testimony... see processing time

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by henrinco(m): 9:37pm On Feb 25, 2017
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (SUMMER & FALL 2017)
1. Henrinco: February 2nd, M.ed, MUN Paper Route
2. Atrapon January 9th,M.ed MUN, online route.
3. Wealth360: January 31st, M.Sc. MEng. University of Saskatchewan. Paper route. Medical Mail 24th february
4. Tuzinde, February 1st, MEng Carleton university, paper route.
5. Abiodunne October 5th, PGD, Conestoga. Paper route Medical Mail 14th february
6.Vinci500 January 18th, Msc. Uof BritColumbia, Online Route.
7.Deckonne February 3rd, PGD Lambton, Upfront Medical. APPROVED 23rd February

for those who have submitted their TRV application kindly update the house on your timeline.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 9:49pm On Feb 25, 2017
deckonne:

bro i wanna PM you to have some conversations with you.. CONGRATS... @bold is it N1K or N1m?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ifydio(m): 9:56pm On Feb 25, 2017
IHate9ja1:

@ifydio
@
Please how long did it took you both to get an admission offer from lambton college?
I applied on my own, and they do reply to mails but they don't reply to calls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ifydio(m): 9:56pm On Feb 25, 2017
IHate9ja1:

@ifydio
@
I applied on my own, and they do reply to mails but they don't respond to calls

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ziggarrr: 10:10pm On Feb 25, 2017
amii131:

I graduated in 2014 with 3rd class degree in pharmàcology finished my Nysc Oct 2016 i got a little job which am managing for now.

I got an undergraduate admission last yr around oct/Nov for Jan 2017 studies I deferred the admission due to the possibility of getting the visa.

Now I will be 26yrs by Dec 17 am thinking of revising to apply for Pgd pathology in the same school.

Please help a sister
Thanks
See my birthday mate o...i think PGD is the best for you.....keep calm, your trv is sure
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by elimsme: 10:25pm On Feb 25, 2017
amii131:

Please help a sister
Thanks

PGD is a better option for you...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by uvagho(f): 10:37pm On Feb 25, 2017
michV:
after a while or behind the forum,you came to answer Present here grin
Yes Boss ....people like u keep encouraging me..So instead of running...I had better returned n receive all d blessings n tips .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 10:38pm On Feb 25, 2017
amii131:
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME O embarassed embarassed

Please help a sister
Thanks
Sister please terminate that UG admission if possible but it would be only God that ll intervene in this kind of your situation.I don't know what you would want to explain to a VO in your SOP concerning this situation of another Undergraduate degree in Canada.Even with your 3RD class, a strict VO would say '' your intended program is not reasonable in light with your previous education,qualification and level of study/achievement''.you may try your fortune with PGD in pathology is that relates well with pharmacy but your 3rd class degree would make a VO see you as one who wouldn't cope in canadian educational system.even if you hid you already UG degree,how do you cover and convincingly explain the wider years of gaps and with proof?..you see your situation is in light a complex one.

someone has helped you oooo grin

*TRV Doctor*

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 10:52pm On Feb 25, 2017
deckonne:

Submitted the CIC docs,
Statement of purpose
Employment letter
Father's work ID card
Offer letter
Virgin passport
Prayers.

Absolutely fantastic!!... One of those wonders from God!!... Submitted February and got approval same month!!!. *thumbs up*

So happy for you.... Well i caught a hint of complete honesty in your package, which is what a VO wants... Presenting it the way they want it... Showing you can fund your trip without recourse to public funds and that you have enough reasons to return to home country after studies.
Share your travel plan to Toronto with me... could be able to offer beneficial links
Congrats.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Maxicon(m): 11:42pm On Feb 25, 2017
@deeckonne Sent you a pm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Blackanada(m): 11:42pm On Feb 25, 2017
Please what exactly is the difference between paper and online route?

As in is anyone better? I understand online is meant to be faster but seems a lot of people get it faster through paper route.

How do you decide which to use?

Also, how do people do biometrics?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 11:53pm On Feb 25, 2017
deckonne:

Submitted the CIC docs,
Statement of purpose
Employment letter
Father's work ID card
Offer letter
Virgin passport
Prayers.

Congrats bro..
This Vo just see your father money shining at 500watts upandan in your application and want the something live in their economy this new year of our lord 2017! ..Hehe.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Alexissanchezz: 11:58pm On Feb 25, 2017
deckonne:

Submitted the CIC docs,
Statement of purpose
Employment letter
Father's work ID card
Offer letter
Virgin passport
Prayers.

Plz do you know what a gap year in academic history means

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 12:19am On Feb 26, 2017
Please I want to do some grammatical corrections. the word BOLDED does not exist in a dictionary meaning or rather in my Dictionary. it is best to say @bold. As I often see here @bolded, Bold is never a verb but if you feel to use it as a verb, you may conjugate it ''bolded'' so that any observing reader would see it as your inflected grammatical usage.
thank you.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Blackanada(m): 12:34am On Feb 26, 2017
Blackanada:
Please what exactly is the difference between paper and online route?

As in is anyone better? I understand online is meant to be faster but seems a lot of people get it faster through paper route.

How do you decide which to use?

Any help?
@michV @Austinpee4 @Eraytee

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.