Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,014 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (879804 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Rockeet: 11:08pm On Apr 14, 2017
Rockeet:
Hello house, I've been following this trend for quite some time now any have gathered a lot but I want to know if any Canadian university accepts 2:2, I'm on 3.48 if yes kindly tell me some. Thanks
Please can someone say something on this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Rocorleone: 11:10pm On Apr 14, 2017
Austinpee4:

VFS stopped collecting ORIGINAL documents as instructed by the embassy. This is due to the fact that all documents submitted in support of an application automatically becomes the property of the canadian embassy/government and will/may not be returned to applicant. Only original copy of STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT,ADMISSION LETTER (coloured printout of soft copy is acceptable) and any LETTER addressed to the embassy should be included. Other documents should be photocopies.

Thanks once again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 11:13pm On Apr 14, 2017
When u apply for a study permit , it is up to u to convince d immigration officer dat u are not a burden and dat u have intentions of returning 2 ur home country at d end of d time granted 4 u 2 stay. To do so, u will need to establish d fate dat u ve sufficient economic and social ties to your home country.
Dere are several ways 2 establish economic ties. u should include as many or any of the following proofs in ur application:

1. Stable, permanent job, preferably minimum of one year. Include a letter from your employer that includes information about d period of time that u have been employed and the leave or vacation time that you are entitled to or if volunteer work get a letter from ur coordinator.
2. If self-employed, you should show copies of your business registration or incorporation, proof of contracts or projects.
3. Bank statement that shows you have sufficient funds to pay for your tuition, and not be financially burdened at the end of ur studies.
4. Registered land title. If you have unregistered land, then you will need to show receipt for payment of property taxes in your name or a statutory declaration with a survey. If you have unregistered land, you should take steps to make an application to bring the land under the Registration of Title's Act to make your life simple in the future.
5. Rental contract/lease if you do not own the property that you live in.
6. Vehicle registration/title.

Many people emphasise the economic ties and ignore the social ties. Social ties are very important and so you must include proof, it is even important to emphasise that you have a community of people to whom you are responsible and who rely on your return to ur country  at the end of your studies.
So you should include the following:

1. Birth certificate of children, Siblings.
2. Marriage certificate.
3. If you are not married, but in a stable committed relationship, you should include a statutory declaration of common-law union and proof of joint property or bank accounts.
4. Membership in various communities cert
5. Professional membership certificates.
You should note that this list is not exhaustive, and there are several other things you could include to show proof of social and economic stability in ur country . Just remember to present documents that show that you can afford the trip as well as proof dat u ve a stronger connection to ur country dan 2 Canada dat would require u, or inspire u, 2 return at the end of your study 2 naija, it is up to u to convince d immigration officer dat u are not a burden and dat u have intentions of returning 2 ur home country at d end of d time granted 4 u 2 stay. 2 do so, u will need to establish d fate dat u ve sufficient economic and social ties to your home country.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by emmsana: 11:14pm On Apr 14, 2017
bobman:

Same with me.. Still gathering my documents together
Can you help me with the list of documents you are gathering? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by elimsme: 11:37pm On Apr 14, 2017
Franklin24:

Yes o... I also applied in uwo MSc. ECE Dept. When did you apply?

January
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 11:51pm On Apr 14, 2017
Rockeet:

Please can someone say something on this

What have you been gathering if you don't know the admission process? Isn't that what you should first know?

Anyway, some school will accept your grade, if your last two years of study is higher (80% minimum), others won't. Generally, you will have to email your program to find out if you qualify for masters or a pre-master qualification program. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bobman(m): 11:58pm On Apr 14, 2017
emmsana:

Can you help me with the list of documents you are gathering? Thanks
Statement of account, SOP, Acceptance letter. Sent you a pm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by dyduds(m): 12:07am On Apr 15, 2017
willyboss:
I applied online. yet to do medicals

Okay good. Please how did you sign your forms for the online application.

I would also like to connect with you. So I'll send a pm now. Pls reply and let's connect. I am doing an upfront medical to save time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by dyduds(m): 12:21am On Apr 15, 2017
adesam91:
Indeed Delay is not denial!

TRV approved on second attempt

Application date February 7
Approval date April 13

I wld share my documents later tonight

Congrats brother. Please did you apply online or paper submittion . if online please how did you sign your forms.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by BLAIDE: 12:32am On Apr 15, 2017
Good evening all been a silent follower of this thread thanks for all your wonderful contributions:
Please I have a question I applied to a school in Canada and I was asked to do a pre Test as part of admissions requirements, please who has done this before and how much does it cost? Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by dyduds(m): 12:44am On Apr 15, 2017
willyboss:
I applied online. yet to do medicals

Hey willyboss, check your mail, if its fine by you i would like to connect so we can work together towards our TRV goal especially online application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by penitential(m): 12:46am On Apr 15, 2017
Sorory for the delay.
The "travel history"reason is just an accompanying reason while the main reason is "purpose of visit".
Once you settle your purpose of vist, your TRV is sure ready. Get your GCMS and let's know what to do.
Michelleflores:
I got my rejection letter today, I was delayed based on travel history and purpose of visit, pls I need someone to help me apply for GCMS, I need to tackle and reapply, I'm surprised about travel history cos I added my dubai visa and I'm wondering if that's not enough, and purpose of visit, I don't know how to go about it, I'm down, I'm at my lowest right now, but I'm a strong girl, I'm not giving up. Anyone that can help me apply for GCMS pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by daronscopy(m): 1:07am On Apr 15, 2017
hello,
Really appreciate everyone's effort here.Is there anyone heading to university of Alberta or a current student at University of Alberta, will really need help on accommodation .
Thanks guys in anticipation

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 2:00am On Apr 15, 2017
daronscopy:
hello,
Really appreciate everyone's effort here.Is there anyone heading to university of Alberta or a current student at University of Alberta, will really need help on accommodation .
Thanks guys in anticipation

What are you studying at Alberta. You can find advertisements for rooms in shared off campus accommodation online. They are usually cheaper than on campus accommodation

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tayonani: 3:25am On Apr 15, 2017
Michelleflores:
I got my rejection letter today, I was delayed based on travel history and purpose of visit, pls I need someone to help me apply for GCMS, I need to tackle and reapply, I'm surprised about travel history cos I added my dubai visa and I'm wondering if that's not enough, and purpose of visit, I don't know how to go about it, I'm down, I'm at my lowest right now, but I'm a strong girl, I'm not giving up. Anyone that can help me apply for GCMS pls
pls state ur previous educational achievement and ur proposed course in Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tayonani: 3:33am On Apr 15, 2017
Eraytee:

original documents are not accepted at VFS only letters directly address to the embassy must be original. every other docs are or must be in photocopies. this is based on experience. @Austinpee4 has given u the needed info, if you still cast doubts in your mind, go with the originals and make sure u com back to this thread with the gist of how it went at VFS. #CaseShouldBeClosed#
very correct sir, all letters addressed to them will be original, while urs is photocopies
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by 3n1ty: 5:23am On Apr 15, 2017
Hello Guru in the house.
A big thanks to you all, for been there . God bless you.
Am about applying for my study permit. Is Police clearance certificate one of the documents to upload?
And what are the documents i have to upload?
Thanks
callmevinc@gmail.com guys pls help .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by 3n1ty: 5:43am On Apr 15, 2017
Hello Guru in the house.
Am about applying for my study permit. Is Police clearance certificate one of the documents to upload?
Thanks
guys pls help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Franklin24: 6:45am On Apr 15, 2017
elimsme:

January

I also applied this month for winter 2018 start date. Which start date are you going for?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Franklin24: 7:05am On Apr 15, 2017
elimsme:

January
I also now find it difficult to login and check my status. Are you also experiencing that?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tayonani: 7:11am On Apr 15, 2017
3n1ty:
Hello Guru in the house.
Thanks
police report and medical re needed only when requested for but u may or not put, all others docs need to boost ur chance must be included, eg all needful educational certs, ur employment letter, marriage cert if married, ur children birth certs, ur landed properties if u have any, car receipts ,infact docs that can increase ur visa ,I stand to to be corrected if otherwise , hello guys, I was asked to submit my transcript from my SCH for my post graduate studies at NBCC, and I won't be chance to request a new one , can I send them the one I have with me? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by xctvhz(m): 7:22am On Apr 15, 2017
Franklin24:

Yes o... I also applied in uwo MSc. ECE Dept. When did you apply?
hey bud, did you secure a supervisor at western Ontario before applying?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Fredozki(m): 7:58am On Apr 15, 2017
nelly28:
Wen u apply for a study permit , it is up to u to convince d immigration officer dat u are not a burden and dat u have intentions of returning 2 ur home country at d end of d time granted 4 u 2 stay. To do so, u will need to establish d fate dat u ve sufficient economic and social ties to your home country.
Dere are several ways 2 establish economic ties. u should include as many or any of the following proofs in ur application:
1. Stable, permanent job, preferably minimum of one year. Include a letter from your employer that includes information about d period of time that u have been employed and the leave or vacation time that you are entitled to or if volunteer work get a letter from ur coordinator.
2. If self-employed, you should show copies of your business registration or incorporation, proof of contracts or projects.

A nice and a helpful write-up

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Fredozki(m): 8:03am On Apr 15, 2017
ojayN:
TRV approved after waiting patiently for 6 months..6 long months...My God is faithful oooo

Congrats bro, am happy for you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 8:11am On Apr 15, 2017
Good day people,

Please what is address of the Canadian Embassy in Abuja? Please someone should help me with their Abuja address. Someone told me the one i googled is wrong.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jj17cv(m): 8:53am On Apr 15, 2017
Canada Visa Application Centre, Abuja
Silverbird Entertainment Centre.
Plot 1161, Memorial Drive,2nd Floor,
Central Business District, Abuja
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by elimsme: 8:55am On Apr 15, 2017
Franklin24:

I also now find it difficult to login and check my status. Are you also experiencing that?

Not atall, But it seems my department is taking so long to review applications, Each time i mailed dem dy give a generic response dt dy are stil reviewing applications, since January.. I check gradcafe and noticed dt no one has been offered admission recently...They are really taking deir time in processing d admission, d wait is very someow...

Regarding d issue u are aving u cn send me a pm, i might b able to figure out d problem..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 15, 2017
jj17cv:
Please am not talking about the application centre,i need the address i will use for my SOP and other embassy documents. Who are my to address my SOP to? I need Abuja address. Lagos is too far for me.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 9:06am On Apr 15, 2017
jj17cv:

Please am not talking about the application centre,i need the address i will use for my SOP and other embassy documents. Who are my to address my SOP to? I need Abuja address. Lagos is too far for me.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by oluwaCanny: 10:25am On Apr 15, 2017
KweenCee:

Thanks.

The Canadian Embassy,
Abuja-Nigeria.

To be frank, the above address should suffice. No VO would hold u for not getting the address right.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Igbouwanile(m): 10:53am On Apr 15, 2017
As said by some gurus, it doesnt matter the address used in de application, getting trv is de main thing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by oluwaCanny: 10:53am On Apr 15, 2017
3n1ty:
Hello Guru in the house.
Thanks

i will encourage u to add police report even though i read in the past of someone getting trv without it. Please add it as suggested by CIC http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/index.asp (check this)

You use the word upload suggesting that u will be using the online medium. If so, i will encourage u to check the page 0 of this forum for STEPS TO CANADA ONLINE VISA APPLICATION.

lastly, on the document u have to upload... Check this cic link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp
You need the following documents to apply for a study permit:

Proof of acceptance
Proof of identity
Proof of financial support
Letter of explanation (if need be)
Other documents (such as academic qualifications etc..)

Also, check this document composed by tnuola- a list of TRV chopping docs , as listed by the applicants

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.